• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

i wanna use it in a shop where i installed SPPC (Separate Prices per Customer)

and Price_Breaks for SPPC (both latest versions)...

does someone know how to change the edit_orders.php to make it work with it ?

A patch for SPPC was posted here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry819196

The code to place the patch after is found at about line 608 in v2.7 and looks like this:

if ($new_price) 
		{ $p_products_price = $new_price['specials_new_products_price']; }

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I have make both updates, but get the error in line, but after i delete the } all is okay.

That's strange because where one { was deleted in the first change, the second change added one in:

At about line 740 find (here in red there is the deleted { )

//oh, and by the way....

if (($action == 'edit') && ($order_exists == true)) { $order = new oe_order($oID);

//and, we're off....

and change it to
//oh, and by the way....

if (($action == 'edit') && ($order_exists == true)) $order = new oe_order($oID);

//and, we're off....

Then find at about line 1351

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

and change it to (here in red is the added in { )
<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top">

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<?php if (($action == 'edit') && ($order_exists == true)) { ?>

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hi DJmonk ;)

Some troubles with IE and onMouseover="ddrivetip..... function

It doesn't display them anymore.

But it's ok with firefox... :-"

message error:

'tipobj.style' has NULL value or isn't an objet...

I've checked into this more- this is what happens when you have an apostrophe ( ' ) or quotation mark ( " ) somewhere in the tip itself. These are reserved characters in javascript, similar to PHP, and while it should be possible to escape them I find it easier to just not use them at all. I will post an update soon that will include a function to strip these characters from the tips to avoid this problem in the future.

Cheers

Stew

A patch for SPPC was posted here:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...mp;#entry819196

The code to place the patch after is found at about line 608 in v2.7 and looks like this:

if ($new_price) 
		{ $p_products_price = $new_price['specials_new_products_price']; }

thank you very much !!!

i will work now on a solution for Price break for SPPC...

thanks again...

see u soon...

Here are some changes to make:

[...]

And see how things work then.

Between you posting that and today, each time I tried to get back to this forum I got a "too many users" error. But this evening I downloaded the new version and installed the changed files. That fixed the problem. Thank you.

does anyone have a mod to this, that allows you to ene rin a blank line so you can manually enter in a product? sometimes we take phone orders that have items not in aour DB this would make this script perfect for us.

You could modify the product listing dropdown to include a blank product, or you could just select any random product and change it's name and other info via the editor. If you're concerned about stock levels or something like that then the blank product is probably the way to go.

I have the latest version of order editior which I have just installed and most of it works fine.

The only small problem is that on step 3 of add products I get a blank dropdown. There are enough blank gaps for all the product options but their names are not appearing. If I do a view page source there ia a list of the option Ids.

I have had a look through the forum but the only relevent fix for this problem was for an earlier version and the changed code seems to already be in the latest version. Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Jeanette

I have the latest version of order editior which I have just installed and most of it works fine.

The only small problem is that on step 3 of add products I get a blank dropdown. There are enough blank gaps for all the product options but their names are not appearing. If I do a view page source there ia a list of the option Ids.

I have had a look through the forum but the only relevent fix for this problem was for an earlier version and the changed code seems to already be in the latest version. Does any one have any ideas?

Thanks

Jeanette

This sounds like a new one to me. Do you get the blank drop-down for every product, just products with attributes, or just certain products?

Also, please post the code you see when you view the html source.

I've checked into this more- this is what happens when you have an apostrophe ( ' ) or quotation mark ( " ) somewhere in the tip itself. These are reserved characters in javascript, similar to PHP, and while it should be possible to escape them I find it easier to just not use them at all. I will post an update soon that will include a function to strip these characters from the tips to avoid this problem in the future.

Cheers

Stew

Hi Stew ;)

Under IE:

I've tried to use the english language file instead of the french one, but still the same problem.

I've also tried to let in all HINT define only one word (no space, no reserved characters)... just to be sure... :D no result :(

I've solved under Firefox, before your answer, the characters problem and removed all of them from the french defines.

And so it works... under Firefox, not under IE

So, yes, some charcters are causing troubles, even under Firefox, but there is another bug somewhere.

:'(

PS: I will post the french package when this problem will be fixed... ;) just to be sure french defines are not responsible of this trouble... :lol:

Edited by M@verick

Under IE:

I've tried to use the english language file instead of the french one, but still the same problem.

I've also tried to let in all HINT define only one word (no space, no reserved characters)... just to be sure...

And so it works... under Firefox, not under IE

Just upgrade to IE7 :)

This is strange- no one else has reported it and I can only reproduce it by using special characters in one or more of the hints. I'm stumped at this point.

You could modify the product listing dropdown to include a blank product, or you could just select any random product and change it's name and other info via the editor. If you're concerned about stock levels or something like that then the blank product is probably the way to go.

Do you have any handy tips for including a blank product line? I have tried a couple of times and failed horribly.

Do you have any handy tips for including a blank product line? I have tried a couple of times and failed horribly.

Take a look at the code for the payment method dropdown. It adds in a field called "Other" to the array- you should be able to do the same thing with the product dropdown.

Or you could try something simple like at line 1428 change

echo ' ' . $ProductOptions .  ' ';

to

$ProductOptions .= "<option value=\"9999\">      \n";
	   echo ' ' . $ProductOptions .  ' ';

Note the "9999" here- it's a dummy product id. If you actually have 10,000 products you will need to change that to a number that isn't being used by your catalog.

By the way, for the code in my previous post to work ok you would also need to change

extract($row, EXTR_PREFIX_ALL, "p");

// 2.1.3  Pull specials price from db if there is an active offer

to

if (is_array($row)) extract($row, EXTR_PREFIX_ALL, "p");

// 2.1.3  Pull specials price from db if there is an active offer

Hmm

When I want to add a product - I get a javascript error

Error: 'null' is null or is not an object ??

Have i forgetten something??

Helle :-)

Let me guess- you're using IE6, right?

Hmm

When I want to add a product - I get a javascript error

Error: 'null' is null or is not an object ??

Have i forgetten something??

Scratch my last post- it really is my fault. This is what happens when you make changes to the structure of a document without considering the ramifications of those changes.

In admin/edit_orders.php change

function init()
{
 var optional = document.getElementById("optional");
 optional.className = "hidden";
 //START dropdown option for payment method by quick_fixer
  if (DISPLAY_PAYMENT_METHOD_DROPDOWN == 'true') { 
		var selObj = document.getElementById('update_info_payment_method');
		var selIndex = selObj.selectedIndex;

//text in lieu of value supported by firefox and mozilla but not others SO MAKE SURE text and optional value are the same (in the payment dropdown they are)
		if (selObj.options[selIndex].text) {
			var paymentMethod = selObj.options[selIndex].text;
		}
		else {
			var paymentMethod = selObj.options[selIndex].value;
		}
	}
	else {
		//if you only use an input field to display payment method use this
		var paymentMethod = selObj.value;
	}

//END dropdown option for payment method by quick_fixer

if (paymentMethod == "<?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD ?>") {
 optional.className = "";
 return true;
 } else {
 return true;
 }

} // end function init()

to

function init()
{
 if (optional) {
 }
		if (selObj) { var selIndex = selObj.selectedIndex; }

//text in lieu of value supported by firefox and mozilla but not others SO MAKE SURE text and optional value are the same (in the payment dropdown they are)
		}
		else {
		}
	}
	else {
		if (selObj) { var paymentMethod = selObj.value; }
	}

if (optional) {
 optional.className = "";
 return true;
 } else {
 return true;
 }
 }

} // end function init()

I don't have the code you refer to - I have:

function init()

{

var selIndex = selObj.selectedIndex;

}

else {

}

}

else {

var paymentMethod = selObj.value;

}

optional.className = "";

return true;

} else {

return true;

}

} // end function init()

i tried to change my code with yours. And got a new error: "An object is required"

Thank you for the translation! If you could, please post it on the contribution download page for others to use.

For the problem you mentioned, that's strange- I tested it out in Firefox, Opera, and IE and everything worked fine. The only problem I've had with the tooltips is that in IE they'll show up underneath the state/country dropdowns in certain situations. I've compared my working file to the one in the 2.7 package and they are identical.

What version of IE are you running?

Hi djmonkey1,

I'm having also the javascript error tipobj.style is null or not an object. This appears when clicking on 'Shipping address same as billing address'. I've even have the problem that when I choose 'Credit Card' as payment method the necessary fields won't show up after clicking.

I'm using both Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7 (the Final version from Microsoft). Maybe there's something wrong with the Javascript. I've tried to look for it, but I can't find it.

Hi djmonkey1,

I'm having also the javascript error tipobj.style is null or not an object. This appears when clicking on 'Shipping address same as billing address'. I've even have the problem that when I choose 'Credit Card' as payment method the necessary fields won't show up after clicking.

I'm using both Internet Explorer 6 and Internet Explorer 7 (the Final version from Microsoft). Maybe there's something wrong with the Javascript. I've tried to look for it, but I can't find it.

Are you using the included language definition file, a modified version of the one that comes with the contribution, or one you translated for another language?

Hi djmonkey1,

Scratch my last post, again, this seems to be a problem I thought that I had already addressed but apparently Microsoft just likes to toy with me. Anyway in admin/edit_orders.php change

//try to fix IE
	if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 6.0') != -1 && window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf('SV1') != -1) { 
				   obj.style.display = "inline"; //IE 6.x on Windows XP SP2
	} else if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE 6.0') != -1) { 
				   obj.style.display = "inline"; //IE 6.x all else
	} else {		
	obj.style.display = "table-row";
	}//this should all just be obj.style.display = "table-row"; but IE is not standards compliant

to

//try to fix IE
	if (window.navigator.userAgent.indexOf('MSIE') != -1) { 
				   obj.style.display = "inline"; //IE is not standards compliant, apparently not even IE7
	} else {		
	obj.style.display = "table-row";
	}//this should all just be obj.style.display = "table-row"; but IE is not standards compliant

This works for me in IE7, let me know how IE6 does.

Edited by djmonkey1

Hi Stew ;)

no result with IE6...

:'(

The shipping and billing address blocks work correctly, no?