• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

Hi, i have installed this contribution, and its awesome. Thank you very much.

But I have some problems:

When I press the "Add a product" button, the browser sends me the 404 error, that shows admin/edit_orders.php file doesnt exist when Im sure I copied into the admin directory. By the way, i have installed in my Spanish Oscommerce directory.

Sorry for my bad english.

I hope you can help me. Thanks 4 all

Hi, i have installed this contribution, and its awesome. Thank you very much.

But I have some problems:

When I press the "Add a product" button, the browser sends me the 404 error, that shows admin/edit_orders.php file doesnt exist when Im sure I copied into the admin directory. By the way, i have installed in my Spanish Oscommerce directory.

Sorry for my bad english.

I hope you can help me. Thanks 4 all

The link for the "Add a Product" button should look like this:

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . $_SERVER['PHP_SELF'] . '?oID=' . $oID . '&action=add_product&step=1">' . tep_image_button('button_add_article.gif', ADDING_TITLE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

If that isn't working try this:

<td align="right"><?php echo '<a href="' . $PHP_SELF . '?oID=' . $oID . '&action=add_product&step=1">' . tep_image_button('button_add_article.gif', ADDING_TITLE) . '</a>'; ?></td>

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

lost track with the new update version again.

is there an update that can edit the comment box now? :thumbsup:

After thinking more about this, I don't understand why someone would want to do this. The comments are the only static history of the changes made to the order- if you want to add or change something, why not just add a new comment?

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Version 2.0 is out- here's the finalized changelog:

3/14/2006

v2.0

-Dropped support for MS1(ie file is written to work with a stock install of osC 2.2 MS2)

-Updated use of $HTTP_*_VARS to $_* (this doesn't play well with versions of PHP prior to 4.1)

-Made code fully compliant with the standard of register_globals being set to OFF (as of PHP 4.2)(no worries- works the same with globals ON!)

-Moved file specific functions to top of file for logical arrangement and to fix bug where certain users saw a call to undefined function error

-Deleted unused function tep_get_country_iso_code_2

-Changed code so that, by default, tax is not applied to shipping and other fees. The code to allow for this is still included (line 282)

-Replaced all instances of print' with 'echo' to comply with instructions found in osC STANDARD file

-Placed the major foreach loops inside if conditionals. This allows for unique situations such as updating an order that has zero products by preventing the script from failing on invalid foreach arguments that previously would have occurred in such situations

-Added ability to add tax onto an order that was originally calculated, during the checkout process, without any tax

-Includes semi-updated language definition files for all included languages (Danish, Dutch, English, French, German, Italian)- the entries all exist, unfortunately my language skills are lacking so many of the new entries are written in English

-Fixed a bug where Order Editor would not properly display and upon updating the order would delete the Estimated Delivery Date as quoted by the UPSXML module

-Fixed a bug where the specials price was always being used when adding a product regardless of whether or not the special was active

-Standardized the language used in base file (English)

-Deleted an incredible amount of extraneous and/or unneccessary code in both the base file and the language definition files

-Standardized the currency format seen in order totals, etc, by using the currencies->format function

-Rolled what had been update steps 1.4 and 1.5 into one step

-Included optional code to allow for creation of subtotal and/or total entry in database if none exists (line 317)

-Added links for details, invoice, and packing slip at the top of the page

-Updated use of the deprecated font tag in the language definition files to inline CSS

-Added ability to post a new comment (and notify the customer with or without sending them the new comment if desired) without changing the status of the order

-Many other minor changes that I've forgotten to list </a>

Edited by djmonkey1

for the version 2.00

i couldn't find where is langauge defined this :

Sous-total:
taht is the line just under the ones taht use :
define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_MODULE', 'Calcul et Modification du Total');

define('TABLE_HEADING_TOTAL_AMOUNT', 'Montant');

and in the note jsut below the total order module , i added

ATTENTION : Tous les ajouts sont TTC
meaning "all amount to be added are taxes inclusives"

by the way , would it be so difficult to make a switch in the admin to decide if we want the price added to be taxes included or excluded ?

im gonna try to do that

MS2

Are you saying that on checkout there are multiple entries input into the orders_total table with a class of "ot_tax"?

Yes absolutely ! here is a screen/copy capture (for real, from database):

4925 1036 Sous-total T.T.C.: 20,97 ? 20.9700 ot_subtotal 1

4926 1036 Colissimo (J+3) (0.2521 kg): 6,73 ? 6.7340 ot_shipping 3

4927 1036 <b>Total T.T.C. à payer<b>: <b>27,70 ?</b> 27.7040 ot_total 4

4928 1036 dont T.V.A. 19.60%: 3,39 ? 3.3910 ot_tax 5

4929 1036 dont T.V.A. 5.50%: 0,36 ? 0.3644 ot_tax 5

4930 1037 Sous-total T.T.C.: 16,39 ? 16.3900 ot_subtotal 1

4931 1037 Colissimo (J+3) (0.268 kg): 6,73 ? 6.7340 ot_shipping 3

4932 1037 <b>Total T.T.C. à payer<b>: <b>23,12 ?</b> 23.1240 ot_total 4

4933 1037 dont T.V.A. 19.60%: 2,25 ? 2.2455 ot_tax 5

4934 1037 dont T.V.A. 5.50%: 0,49 ? 0.4900 ot_tax 5

Hope this can Help you.

Marc

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 in 6 languages

TVA Intracomm

Numbers of visitors online

Who's online Enhancement

for the version 2.00

i couldn't find where is langauge defined this : taht is the line just under the ones taht use :

and in the note jsut below the total order module , i added meaning "all amount to be added are taxes inclusives"

by the way , would it be so difficult to make a switch in the admin to decide if we want the price added to be taxes included or excluded ?

im gonna try to do that

Could you post a complete French language translation file? It's one of the things the contribution could really use.

For the taxes, that is something that will certainly be discussed further.

Edited by djmonkey1

Yes absolutely ! here is a screen/copy capture (for real, from database):

4925 1036 Sous-total T.T.C.: 20,97 ? 20.9700 ot_subtotal 1

4926 1036 Colissimo (J+3) (0.2521 kg): 6,73 ? 6.7340 ot_shipping 3

4927 1036 <b>Total T.T.C. à payer<b>: <b>27,70 ?</b> 27.7040 ot_total 4

4928 1036 dont T.V.A. 19.60%: 3,39 ? 3.3910 ot_tax 5

4929 1036 dont T.V.A. 5.50%: 0,36 ? 0.3644 ot_tax 5

4930 1037 Sous-total T.T.C.: 16,39 ? 16.3900 ot_subtotal 1

4931 1037 Colissimo (J+3) (0.268 kg): 6,73 ? 6.7340 ot_shipping 3

4932 1037 <b>Total T.T.C. à payer<b>: <b>23,12 ?</b> 23.1240 ot_total 4

4933 1037 dont T.V.A. 19.60%: 2,25 ? 2.2455 ot_tax 5

4934 1037 dont T.V.A. 5.50%: 0,49 ? 0.4900 ot_tax 5

Hope this can Help you.

Marc

And you use a contribution to accomplish this?

LANGUAGES!

I believe the following languages are in need of updating:

Danish

German

Italian

Also, the following languages need an "Add a Product" button:

Danish

Dutch

Italian

Spanish

So, if anyone would be so kind and help out here, the community would greatly appreciate it.

Also BIG thanks to M@verick for posting a full French translation complete with button!

Finally, there are plenty of other languages out there that aren't included, ie

Swiss

Swedish

Finnish

Irish

Canadian (ha ha, just kidding)

Anyway, that list is obviously far from complete, but you get the picture. If you're using a language definition file that isn't already included in the package, please post it so others can benefit!

Cheers,

Stew

Edited by djmonkey1

And you use a contribution to accomplish this?

Absolutely not, I just set it up in oscommerce and add another tax. Check it in the administrator interface.

Marc

osCommerce 2.2 MS2 in 6 languages

TVA Intracomm

Numbers of visitors online

Who's online Enhancement

TAX!

Ok, this isn't the most exciting topic out there, but it is a constant source of grief.

First off I'd like to go (way) out on a limb and say that OE calculates tax properly in the majority of cases, those cases being where the only tax applied is on products in the order. Additionally, it will even add tax on as appropriate when adding new products (except when compounding tax- it just adds them. I missed that, sorry).

So, then, there are three instance I know of where OE blows chunks when it comes to calculating tax:

1. When tax is added to shipping

2. When a taxable product is added using OE and multiple compounded tax rates should be assessed

3. When multiple tax rates are assessed and each have their own entry in the db.

Discussion of therse problems and possible solutions:

1. Part of the difficulty presented here lies in what I feel is a small limitation of the way a stock osC install stores data concerning an order, namely if tax is added to shipping there isn't a corresponding entry of, say, shipping_tax, that records this. Tax added onto shipping is simply added to the final value of tax and left at that (there is a product-by-product entry for products_tax).

There are a number of ways to come at this issue. One way would be to add in a field to the db called shipping_tax that would allow the user to assess a tax rate onto the shipping rate (and keep a record that this is what has happened). There are other ways but this seems the most straight forward. I'm assuming that for stores that charge tax on shipping, it's not always assessed and/or it is assessed at different rates.

2. This is a limitation of the way the Add a Product function thinks when it comes to taxes and will require revision.

3. This isn't, as far as I can tell, the way a stock osC install works. osCommerce is designed to do one of two things with multiple tax rates: either add them or compound them, depending on the priority value of the tax rate. The final tax rate is calculated and assessed one time and is recorded with one entry of ot_tax in the orders_total table (ie, if you have a state tax of 6% and a federal tax of 10%, a tax rate of 16.00% would be calculated and assessed onto the order, the final value and dollar amount would be stored in orders_total, and the rate per product would be stored under products_tax in the orders_products table).

I bet this is really hairy if you have multiple componded tax rates, with tax on shipping, and each tax rate is logged into the database separately.

Anyway, Order Editor would have to be modified to work correctly on a site where multiple tax rates are logged into the database individually, because, as you have seen, it adds all the taxes into any field with a class of ot_tax. At the moment I can't think of how to do this.

If anyone else has any thoughts on any of this, please post here.

Cheers

Stew

Edited by djmonkey1

Absolutely not, I just set it up in oscommerce and add another tax. Check it in the administrator interface.

Marc

I have checked it out, and I don't think that's the way a stock osC site works (I talk more about it in my last post).

What version of osCommerce are you using?

Hint for developers, a dropdown menu for payment method will be very appreciated...

A neat idea, but not something I would include in the "official" release. Having a drop-down menu necessarily pigeon-holes you into only entering what's on the list; the great thing about a textbox is that you can write anything in it. :)

I'll take a look and post here if I come up with something that works.

Edited by djmonkey1

I am getting this error when hitting the add button...

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Complete - Industry Standard Size", products_price = "11.0

INSERT INTO orders_products set orders_id = "4572", products_id = "908", products_model = "125std-100", products_name = "100 - 1 1/4" Complete - Industry Standard Size", products_price = "11.0000", final_price = "11", products_tax = "6", products_quantity = "1"

[TEP STOP]

It is because I have double quotes in the product names. ex: 1" button parts

It does not happen when I have no quotes in the name.

Thanks!

Lyle

I am getting this error when hitting the add button...

1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax. Check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'Complete - Industry Standard Size", products_price = "11.0

INSERT INTO orders_products set orders_id = "4572", products_id = "908", products_model = "125std-100", products_name = "100 - 1 1/4" Complete - Industry Standard Size", products_price = "11.0000", final_price = "11", products_tax = "6", products_quantity = "1"

[TEP STOP]

It is because I have double quotes in the product names. ex: 1" button parts

It does not happen when I have no quotes in the name.

Thanks!

Lyle

I had a product with quotes in the name for a couple of weeks once. It gave me so many problems I renamed it.

Try this:

at or around line 495 find

// 2.2 UPDATE ORDER #####
		$Query = 'INSERT INTO ' . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . ' set
			orders_id = "' . $oID . '",
			products_id = "' . $add_product_products_id . '",
			products_model = "' . $p_products_model . '",
			products_name = "' . str_replace("'", "'", $p_products_name) . '",
			products_price = "' . $p_products_price . '",
			final_price = "' . ($p_products_price + $AddedOptionsPrice) . '",
			products_tax = "' . $ProductsTax . '",
			products_quantity = "'  . $_POST['add_product_quantity'] . '"';
		tep_db_query($Query);
		$new_product_id = tep_db_insert_id();

and change it to

// 2.2 UPDATE ORDER ####
		$Query = "INSERT INTO " . TABLE_ORDERS_PRODUCTS . " set
			orders_id = '" . $oID . "',
			products_id = '" . $_POST['add_product_products_id'] . "',
			products_model = '" . $p_products_model . "',
			products_name = '" . tep_html_quotes($p_products_name) . "',
			products_price = '". $p_products_price . "',
			final_price = '" . ($p_products_price + $AddedOptionsPrice) . "',
			products_tax = '" . $ProductsTax . "',
			products_quantity = '"  . $_POST['add_product_quantity'] . "'";
		tep_db_query($Query);
		$new_product_id = tep_db_insert_id();

A neat idea, but not something I would include in the "official" release. Having a drop-down menu necessarily pigeon-holes you into only entering what's on the list; the great thing about a textbox is that you can write anything in it. :)

I'll take a look and post here if I come up with something that works.

This is a primitive first stab at having a drop-down menu for payment method.

At around line 815 find

<input name="update_info_payment_method" size="35" value="<?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?>" />

and replace it with

<select name="update_info_payment_method">
  <option value="<?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?>"><?php echo $order->info['payment_method']; ?></option>
  <option value="Credit Card">Credit Card</option>
  <option value="Cash on Delivery">Cash on Delivery</option>
  <option value="Check/Money Order">Check/Money Order</option>
  <option value="Cash">Cash</option>
  <option value="Bright Shiny Beads">Bright Shiny Beads</option>
  </select>

Note that the option value is what gets input to the database, so you could have something like

<option value="Credit Card">Dental Floss</option>

and when you select "Dental Floss" from the dropdown menu and hit "Update", "Credit Card" would be written to the db as the payment method.

For this to be included with the "official" release I would say that it would have to be dynamically generated according the options available to the shop, one of the entries would have to be a text box where the user can write in anything, and it would have to be able to show/hide credit card details on-the-fly as "Credit Card" was selected/deselected (an interesting challenge considering the many languages the file is supposed to support).

Hi All,

First thanks to everyone involved in the development of Osc and of this great contrib. I installed Edit Order v2 and Step by step Manual Entry 1.7. Things seem to work properly in general but I have a small concern about the Update Order in the Edit contrib. The prices (without taxes) of the products are displayed (in the table with the list of products ordered) with only 2 numbers after the coma and it results in small rounding errors on the final price with tax included (when updating). I've set 4 numbers for the tax in the configuration and when I create a new order with the Step by step contrib the prices are fine, all the 4 numbers of the product's price are taken into account.

I'm too bad for Php but is there a way to display in the table the original price of the products (as set in the catalog configuration) instead of a rounded one ?

Thanks very much for your help !

Ted

Looks like that did the trick! Thanks.

Oh.. I also used your other mod for the payment type and adapted it for the Credit card type select also.

Works fine now.. Lyle

P.S.

I am not sure if this contrib is the culprit but items from my orders are "disappearing" randomly... sometimes it is the entire order, other times it is just portions.

I had a product with quotes in the name for a couple of weeks once. It gave me so many problems I renamed it.

Try this:

at or around line 495 find

Installed your latest release and it works great, only thing I noticed is that it interferes with negative values.

I am use Points Reward and when I edit the invoice it take the dollar value (let's say -$5.00) and upon opening the editor changes it to +$5.00 I didn't cath this right away, and some customers were emailing.

It also removes the formatting. With points reward the points are listed as such on the invoice

Redeemed Point -$5.00

After editting it appears as

Redeemed Point +$5.00

No red and no longer a negative value. Any way I can maintain the formatting of that entry, both formatting and value. If not, is there anywehre I can modified the code sot hat it does NOT even bother loading that field - then if I need to make a point adjustment invoice I can merely tack on another row with the adjustment.

Thanks

My Contributions

Henry Smith

P.S.

I am not sure if this contrib is the culprit but items from my orders are "disappearing" randomly... sometimes it is the entire order, other times it is just portions.

You're using the latest version, 2.0?

Installed your latest release and it works great, only thing I noticed is that it interferes with negative values.

I am use Points Reward and when I edit the invoice it take the dollar value (let's say -$5.00) and upon opening the editor changes it to +$5.00 I didn't cath this right away, and some customers were emailing.

It also removes the formatting. With points reward the points are listed as such on the invoice

Redeemed Point -$5.00

After editting it appears as

Redeemed Point +$5.00

No red and no longer a negative value. Any way I can maintain the formatting of that entry, both formatting and value. If not, is there anywehre I can modified the code sot hat it does NOT even bother loading that field - then if I need to make a point adjustment invoice I can merely tack on another row with the adjustment.

Thanks

Where does this value show up? In the totals components section? Also what is actually written in the database for this prior to using Order Editor on it? For example, is it something like

<font color="red">Redeemed Point</font>

Hi All,

First thanks to everyone involved in the development of Osc and of this great contrib. I installed Edit Order v2 and Step by step Manual Entry 1.7. Things seem to work properly in general but I have a small concern about the Update Order in the Edit contrib. The prices (without taxes) of the products are displayed (in the table with the list of products ordered) with only 2 numbers after the coma and it results in small rounding errors on the final price with tax included (when updating). I've set 4 numbers for the tax in the configuration and when I create a new order with the Step by step contrib the prices are fine, all the 4 numbers of the product's price are taken into account.

I'm too bad for Php but is there a way to display in the table the original price of the products (as set in the catalog configuration) instead of a rounded one ?

Thanks very much for your help !

Ted

Find at about line 929 these two lines of code:

'		<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][tax]' size='4' value='" . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .
		 '		<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]' size='5' value='" . number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 2, '.', '') . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .

and change them to this:

'		<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][tax]' size='6' value='" . tep_display_tax_value($order->products[$i]['tax']) . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .
		 '		<td class="' . $RowStyle . '" align="right" valign="top">' . "<input name='update_products[$orders_products_id][final_price]' size='6' value='" . number_format($order->products[$i]['final_price'], 4, '.', '') . "'>" . '</td>' . "\n" .

2. When a taxable product is added using OE and multiple compounded tax rates should be assessed

2. This is a limitation of the way the Add a Product function thinks when it comes to taxes and will require revision.

I have found that this isn't a problem with Order Editor but with the tep_get_tax_rate function of admin/includes/functions/general.php. It is not written the same as the in catalog/includes/functions/general.php and so does not work the same.

If you use compounded tax rates and find that when you add a product using Order Editor the assessed tax rate is incorrect, you need to open your file admin/includes/functions/general.php file, find the function tep_get_tax_rate and change it to this:

function tep_get_tax_rate($class_id, $country_id = -1, $zone_id = -1) {
global $customer_zone_id, $customer_country_id;

if ( ($country_id == -1) && ($zone_id == -1) ) {
  if (!tep_session_is_registered('customer_id')) {
	$country_id = STORE_COUNTRY;
	$zone_id = STORE_ZONE;
  } else {
	$country_id = $customer_country_id;
	$zone_id = $customer_zone_id;
  }
}

$tax_query = tep_db_query("select sum(tax_rate) as tax_rate from " . TABLE_TAX_RATES . " tr left join " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " za on (tr.tax_zone_id = za.geo_zone_id) left join " . TABLE_GEO_ZONES . " tz on (tz.geo_zone_id = tr.tax_zone_id) where (za.zone_country_id is null or za.zone_country_id = '0' or za.zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country_id . "') and (za.zone_id is null or za.zone_id = '0' or za.zone_id = '" . (int)$zone_id . "') and tr.tax_class_id = '" . (int)$class_id . "' group by tr.tax_priority");
if (tep_db_num_rows($tax_query)) {
  $tax_multiplier = 1.0;
  while ($tax = tep_db_fetch_array($tax_query)) {
	$tax_multiplier *= 1.0 + ($tax['tax_rate'] / 100);
  }
  return ($tax_multiplier - 1.0) * 100;
} else {
  return 0;
}
 }
////

Make sure you copy over the whole function!

I don't know why they're different, maybe there's a reason for this, but where in the admin side is tax being calculated?