• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

What version? 1.6 or 1.59? 1.6 is for a forked project I thought and 1.59 was the last version update for regular osC....

Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I thought. I think someone needs to upload the latest version for plain osC and label them correctly, might help with a few problems people on this board are having. Most of the problems seem to stem from using the wrong  version on normal osC.

1.59 should be the last version for the regular osC before it got overtaken by forked project updates. The next osC version should be 1.61 but that is where I am having problems. See my above posts.

Edited by 241

1.59 should be the last version for the regular osC before it got overtaken by forked project updates.  The next osC version should be 1.61 but that is where I am having problems.  See my above posts.

I was just making sure willows was using the right version. Seems weird that it would email ALL customers when you edit the order. I don't think mine is spamming all my customers when I update an order (god I hope not!) but none of my users have complained about it so I don't think so. :P

willows, which version are you running?

Edited by 241

I'm using 1.59 and I can update the unit price.... I think the forked project version is messing people up.

I believe what happened was 1.61 is an updated version of the forked project version and maybe the author doesn't know that.

Again ... this is bu11$h!t. Forked project users need to keep their $h!t over on their boards and quit uploading garbage that doesn't pertain to us.

Again ... moderators need to take care of this and delete those forked project addon's found for this contribution.

Again ... forked project users ... f**king realize that this board is support only for osCommerce, NOT forked project users. forked project users have their own website and suppport forums. TAKE YOUR SH!T over there!

Edited by 241

What version? 1.6 or 1.59? 1.6 is for a forked project I thought and 1.59 was the last version update for regular osC....

Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I thought. I think someone needs to upload the latest version for plain osC and the latest for a forked project and label them correctly, might help with a few problems people on this board are having. Most of the problems seem to stem from using the forked project version on normal osC.

If I may inquire, where did you get this info that v1.59 was the latest version for 'regular' osC? I've just installed v1.61 (update by Riccardo Roscilli) on a 'regular' osC, and it's working well. (There are some issues with recalculation of taxes & shipping, but I see no indication that those are forked project issues...) There is no mention of a forked project in the v1.61 readme file or code comments, and of course not in the contribution notes.

If there is a forked project fork, that is obviously not a good thing... >_< Can you confirm?

Edited by 241

"Buy the ticket, take the ride..." -HST

If I may inquire, where did you get this info that v1.59 was the latest version for 'regular' osC? I've just installed v1.61 (update by Riccardo Roscilli) on a 'regular' osC, and it's working well. (There are some issues with recalculation of taxes & shipping, but I see no indication that those are forked project issues...) There is no mention of a forked project in the v1.61 readme file or code comments, and of course not in the contribution notes.

If there is a forked project fork, that is obviously not a good thing...  >_< Can you confirm?

I know somewhere in this thread it was pointed out that 1.59 was the last version made for plain osC and the next version was forked project version, maybe someone skipped the forked project version and made 1.61 for plain, but it was stated on this thread that 1.59 at the time was the last for plain. I will go back and see if I can find that post.

Edited by 241

Here's where it states 1.6 is for a forked project:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=54032&st=220#

Here is another comment about it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=54032&st=240#

I also thought I read inside the install file for 1.6.(0?1?) the forked project version install. With all the folks having trouble with the newer version I just stuck with 1.59 and it's working fine on my end, didn't want to test fate :P

Edited by 241

Here's where it states 1.6 is for a forked project:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=54032&st=220#

Here is another comment about it:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...c=54032&st=240#

I also thought I read inside the install file for 1.6.(0?1?) the forked project version install. With all the folks having trouble with the newer version I just stuck with 1.59 and it's working fine on my end, didn't want to test fate :P

I see, thanks. I think I've got this mess traced. There are actually two v1.6 downloads, one from John Parker (posted Oct. 30, 2004) and one from Christian Binkert (posted Jan. 4, 2005). The filename for John Parker's 1.60 version is

OrderEditor1.606.1a.zip

He should have put that into the contribution page notes too, but he didn't. <_<

Of course Didier's posting #235 (Nov. 4, 2004) is only talking about John Parker's version, posted five days earlier.

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?sho...ndpost&p=477438

I'm supposing that Binkert put his v1.6 back on the non-forked project track (based on v1.59 or even v1.58--not John Parker's v1.60). At any rate, the version history in Roscilli's v1.61 says nothing about Parker's v1.60.

********************************************************************************
v.1.61 by Riccardo Roscilli http://www.oscommerce.it/
First of all, thank you very much to all the guys partecipating in this contrib.
Only a fix about specials prices. When you add a product, if this is in specials table the 
price will be the special price instead of the standard price.
********************************************************************************
v.1.60 by Christian Binkert 
This is a large update for using the order editor in western europe (tested in switzerland
/ germany) but should work everywhere. I updated and reworked almost everything, so it was 
impossible to comment all the changes;-). Mainly there are some bugfixes (e.g. corrected
tax calculation for this version, currency issues), some new features (different taxes for
discount modules, extentable) and a new (nice;-) layout.
Just try it out, it's not an official update and probably too specific for my country needs,
but it brings a lot of useful stuff...
v.1.59 by Didier Debbaut
- multi-language support for product options and product description
- correction of currency display during display of tax, subtotal and total (currency is displayed AFTER the amount)
- bigger display fields of payment method, product name and options values
- the option value prefix if now displayed

I'm new to this contribution and haven't checked the code carefully yet, but v1.61 seems to work fine on my non-forked project osC. I'll try to give Binkert a shout and see what he has to say.

P.S. Is CRE short for cretinous? :devil:

Edited by 241

We've got a calculation issue with v1.61...

Adding a product--no problem. Subtotal and Total calculate correctly (shipping doesn't change, but that's another story).

But when we remove a product or substitute a model with lower price, the Subtotal is correct but the Total is wrong (less than it should be). For example:

Original Order:

Product 1: $9.99

Product 2: $299.99

Subtotal: $309.98

Shipping: $19.20

Total: $329.18

Edited Order:

Product 1: $9.99

Product 2: $199.99

Subtotal: $209.98 (Correct)

Shipping: $19.20

Total: $225.98 (Incorrect. $209.98 + $19.20 = $229.18--a discrepancy of $3.20)

And changing the order back to the original products doesn't help--the Total still comes up short of what it was originally.

Any ideas? Thanks.

I'm supposing that Binkert put his v1.6 back on the non-forked project track (based on v1.59 or even v1.58--not John Parker's v1.60). 

I'll try to give Binkert a shout and see what he has to say.

Reply from Chris Binkert:

"Yeah, my version 1.6x was based on "Order Editor 1.59 - German translation" released on 20 Oct 2004."

So that would predate the forked project version... B)

Edited by 241

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/***.no/httpdocs/***/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 205

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/***.no/httpdocs/***/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 214

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/***.no/httpdocs/***/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 274

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/***.no/httpdocs/***/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 312

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/***.no/httpdocs/***/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php on line 322

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/***.no/httpdocs/***/catalog/admin/edit_orders.php:205) in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/***.no/httpdocs/***/catalog/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

Please need some help here i get this strange error when i hit UPDATE Please help me ;)

Cyclopes

Edited by cyclopes

Please help.

I've installed this contribution on a semi-clean oscommerce 2.2 MS2 install

Stats:

Windows 2000 Server

HTTP Server: Apache/1.3.28 (Win32) PHP/4.3.4

PHP Version: 4.3.4 (Zend: 1.3.0)

Now when I try and access the order page under customers, the place where the order information should be is blank. I've changed things around quite a bit trying to get this to work. I've edited configure.php files, tried placing files in the document root folder, but nothing seems to work.

The one thing I do notice is that the directory structure doesn't seem to be the same as what you have posted. My admin folder is at the same level as the catalog folder. Might I have the wrong version? and if so, what version do I need?

Has anyone seen this? It looks like everyone else gets this to work quite easily. Am I missing something?

Your help is greatly appreciated,

Berdman

I?m trying to work out if I need this? so can I ask what may be a really dumb question?.

Why would you want to change an order? Once an order is complete the customer has paid and its done and dusted right? You can change the order but you still have to get the customer to pay for any changes so why not just delete the order and get them to do it again?

Thanks in advance

I?m trying to work out if I need this? so can I ask what may be a really dumb question?.

Why would you want to change an order?  Once an order is complete the customer has paid and its done and dusted right? You can change the order but you still have to get the customer to pay for any changes so why not just delete the order and get them to do it again?

Thanks in advance

I run a website in conjunction with a shop, the stock levels are a bit off so sometimes i have to ammend an order, such as change a colour remove one item.

I manually enter the credit card details so it saves hassle getting the customer to re order, and saves having to refund items not in stock.

I've updated my shop to v. 1.60a_1 by Christian Binkert. (contribution date 5 Jan - the one where he says he has uploaded a new Zip file).

Everything seems to work fine except I can't amend product prices.

I had a previous version of order editor that allowed me to do this.

Can anyone point me to the correct place to amend the code so that I can amend pricing?

[for those that are wondering why you would want to amend pricing - I use my osC shop as the main accounting centre. I sell products elsewhere at different prices so when I enter the purchase info into osC I sometimes have to amend the product price]

Why would you want to change an order?  Once an order is complete the customer has paid and its done and dusted right? You can change the order but you still have to get the customer to pay for any changes so why not just delete the order and get them to do it again?

Thanks in advance

I need to amend orders after they are done because I offer discounts and instead of going and changing price for one item for one customer, I ask them to pay the full amount and then I do a manual refund and have to change the price they paid on their order to reflect correctly.

It is a useful tool to use.

Hi.

I am new to this contribution but I think I have the hang of it. I have been reading the first 8 pages of this thread and have not found what I am looking for.

How do you add say a 15% coupon to the total?

I see if I were to add a 20 Gift Vouch I would just enter it as -20 but I can not figure out the percentage.

Anyone offer any help?

I am usijng version 1.59

Lee

very good.

I thinks we need it very much.

But I don't know which version do we need to download.

There are too many verisons from many peoples.

who can tell me which verison is the best and have no any tax problem?

Hi:

Yah, the versions are confusing.

v1.61 works for my installation, but you'll also want to look at Michel Haase's 18 Feb. solution for tax calculations. The default "Optional Tax Rates" values in edit_orders.php were screwing up calculations on orders that didn't even have taxes added. >_<

Optional Tax Rates, e.g. shipping tax of 17.5% is "17.5"
$AddCustomTax = "20.0"; // class "ot_custom", used for all unknown total modules
$AddShippingTax = "20.0"; // class "ot_shippping"
$AddLevelDiscountTax = "7.6"; // class "ot_lev_discount"
$AddCustomerDiscountTax = "7.6"; // class "ot_customer_discount"

Changing the above values to 0.0 fixed the calculation problem for me. (Michel's edit_orders.php file also contains other tax calculation fixes that I haven't applied.)

Edited by 241

• 2 weeks later...

I've tried about every version of the order editor and each one does the same thing to me - when I hit "update", it blows away all the customer information from the order and doesn't update anything.

I've tried using a clean admin/orders.php file and the same thing happens. Normally I'd just toss it in the can and move on but I've got to be able to edit the orders somehow. Thanks for any suggestions...

I've tried about every version of the order editor and each one does the same thing to me - when I hit "update", it blows away all the customer information from the order and doesn't update anything.

I've tried using a clean admin/orders.php file and the same thing happens. Normally I'd just toss it in the can and move on but I've got to be able to edit the orders somehow. Thanks for any suggestions...

Following up on my previous post...I'm curious if the people who have this working are running their server with register globals on of off? Mine is off and I can't for the life of me get it to not clear all the customer info fields when I hit "update". Just wondering if that's maybe where the problem lies. Thx.

Mine works great and have have them turned off too. I have v1.59 installed (11 Oct 2004 release) on a osC 2.2 MS2

L8r,

PopTheTop

Published osC Contributions:

- eCheck Payment Module v3.1

- Reviews in Product Display v2.0

- Fancier Invoice & Packingslip v6.1

- Admin Notes / Customer Notes v2.2

- Customer Zip & State Validation v2.2

- Search Box with Dropdown Category Menu v1.0

Pop your camper's top today!

It's a popup thing...

You wouldn't understand

Mine works great and have have them turned off too. I have v1.59 installed (11 Oct 2004 release) on a osC 2.2 MS2

Thanks, I can rule that out. The error I'm getting in the log is:

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in edit_orders.php on line 210

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in edit_orders.php on line 221

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in edit_orders.php on line 277

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in edit_orders.php on line 293

Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in edit_orders.php on line 303

Code for each line respectively is:

foreach($update_totals as $total_details)

foreach($update_products as $orders_products_id => $products_details)

foreach($update_totals as $total_index => $total_details)

foreach($update_totals as $total_details)

foreach($update_totals as $total_index => $total_details)

It's beyond my realm of understanding at this point so, unfortunately, I have no clue what it means or how to go about solving it.