• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

@dculley It's not on the menus it's accessed via admin/orders. You should get an edit button on the old view order screen and the edit from the list should take you there unless you turn that off.

If that's not happening then it must need more updating for the changes since 1.0.4.0, which I have begun.

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

if there aren't any orders to edit...

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

if you type it into the browser bar, does it do that? - filename is edit_orders.php

if so we just need to add a create order button / menu entry somewhere suitable

When I check on orders the browser bar only shows - order.php

when I type in edit_orders.php I get this

image.thumb.png.ebeac1bc211f69d36e622c6a8668b998.png

Still dosn't seem to be right.  I should be able to access this from the left side menu.

When you first run the order editor it auto-installs the configuration settings and redirects you to the new group to review and change them (hence the green message at the top).

When you run it in future, it will behave normally unless you have just done an upgrade which added some new configs, when the same thing would happen.

The upgrade I did to this addon was sponsored by a shopowner, who presumably doesn't create them from scratch!

I agree we need to add menu item / button in convenient places - and you get to specify where.

Please try actually adding an order by typing the page name in again and then we'll know if any other changes are needed as I haven't tested that path through the code.

2 hours ago, BrockleyJohn said:

The upgrade I did to this addon was sponsored by a shopowner, who presumably doesn't create them from scratch!

I don't use this version but normally if you go to your customers list, select a customer and then create order it should take you to edit_orders.php so you can add a phone order etc.  At least it does with the version I use.

Dan

@dculley

I came back to look at this but you've not replied. Did you try if it works (after initial setup) by typing it in? Where did you want to run it from?

Sorry I didn't get back to you.  In my (soon to be old) site of osc 2.3.4.  I installed an order editor that gave me this;

image.png.3b68b691eef11d692b208bd51b4e1f68.png

Create Customer and Create Order. 

This is what I was looking for.  Doing it the other way is cumbersome.  To take (new orders) over the phone or creating it from an email, you need a way to create an order and add a new customer there or the other way around.  That is what is missing from this order edit tool. 

• 3 weeks later...

I installed a version from here..

https://apps.oscommerce.com/wwEZ9&order-editor-for2-3-v1-0

Went in fine on 1.0.5.1 except for a call to a wrapper function (if class exists) which needs changing to call the base function.

A few notices/warnings to fix maybe but it works OK on my installation, especially if you disable the payment drop down, which caused a few warnings about constants not defined etc..

Theres also a depreciated function that needs changing soon.

Edited by yahalimu

Error in code:

Line 1488   if (tep_class_exists($class)) {
             $module = new $class;

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function tep_class_exists() in /home/-------/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php:1488 Stack trace: #0 {main} thrown in /home/-----/public_html/adhmin/edit_orders.php on line 1488

Support forum for osCommerce in russian language - from Ashkelon. Support since 2002.

Best regards,

Fredi

Use of undefined constant ENTRY_COMPANY - assumed 'ENTRY_COMPANY' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)

Use of undefined constant ENTRY_SUBURB - assumed 'ENTRY_SUBURB' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP)

Edited by radhavallabh