• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I can. But if I do any modification (or just press the update button without really changing anything) it comes back again. That's why I looked for the code where the entry is made.

Try this: change the shipping zone the order is in. For example, if the item is shipping to Canada, change it to Switzerland, or any country where this tax component will not apply. Next press the update button. Once the page has reloaded, press the update button again. At this point the tax calculation should be correct for whatever zone you selected in the first step. Now change the shipping zone back to how it should be and press update. Press update again once the page has reloaded, and when the wheel finally stops, the extra tax component should be gone.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hi Stew,

It works!!!!

It fully functional and has no any problem, I'm very appreciated for your attention and support!

I suggest this improvement can be helpful for all as a version of the contribution.

All the best

Sergei

That's good to hear. Unfortunately the changes I recommended for you have limited applicability and would cause big problems for many users. However I am working on a new version that will (hopefully) make modifications like this unneccessary for shops like yours, once it's ready (by the end of the year at this rate :)).

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Hello,

I've update the order editor from 2.5 uo to 3_0_2_1.

It looks likes it works fine I've just one problem.

I've compared the general.php file from the old version and the new version.

This piece of code I have delete from the old one to let it work:

/// Begin mods for Order Editor
// Return the tax description for a zone / class
// TABLES: tax_rates;
 function tep_get_tax_description($class_id, $country_id, $zone_id) {
$tax_query = tep_db_query("select tax_description from " . TABLE_TAX_RATES . " tr left join " . TABLE_ZONES_TO_GEO_ZONES . " za on (tr.tax_zone_id = za.geo_zone_id) left join " . TABLE_GEO_ZONES . " tz on (tz.geo_zone_id = tr.tax_zone_id) where (za.zone_country_id is null or za.zone_country_id = '0' or za.zone_country_id = '" . (int)$country_id . "') and (za.zone_id is null or za.zone_id = '0' or za.zone_id = '" . (int)$zone_id . "') and tr.tax_class_id = '" . (int)$class_id . "' order by tr.tax_priority");
if (tep_db_num_rows($tax_query)) {
  $tax_description = '';
  while ($tax = tep_db_fetch_array($tax_query)) {
	$tax_description .= $tax['tax_description'] . ' + ';
  }
  $tax_description = substr($tax_description, 0, -3);

return $tax_description;
} else {
  return ENTRY_TAX;
}
 }

////

// Function	: tep_get_country_id
 // Arguments   : country_name		country name string
 // Return	  : country_id
 // Description : Function to retrieve the country_id based on the country's name
 function tep_get_country_id($country_name) {
$country_id_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_COUNTRIES . " where countries_name = '" . $country_name . "'");
if (!tep_db_num_rows($country_id_query)) {
  return 0;
}
else {
  $country_id_row = tep_db_fetch_array($country_id_query);
  return $country_id_row['countries_id'];
}
 }

// Function	: tep_get_zone_id
 // Arguments   : country_id		country id string	zone_name		state/province name
 // Return	  : zone_id
 // Description : Function to retrieve the zone_id based on the zone's name
 function tep_get_zone_id($country_id, $zone_name) {
$zone_id_query = tep_db_query("select * from " . TABLE_ZONES . " where zone_country_id = '" . $country_id . "' and zone_name = '" . $zone_name . "'");
if (!tep_db_num_rows($zone_id_query)) {
  return 0;
}
else {
  $zone_id_row = tep_db_fetch_array($zone_id_query);
  return $zone_id_row['zone_id'];
}
 }

// Function	: tep_html_quotes
 // Arguments   : string	any string
 // Return	  : string with single quotes converted to html equivalent
 // Description : Function to change quotes to HTML equivalents for form inputs.
 function tep_html_quotes($string) {
return str_replace("'", "'", $string);
 }

/////end Order Editor mods

The order editor is works fine!!!

But if I use in "orders" the button "details" I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_country_id() in /home/remember/domains/one2remember.nl/public_html/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 90

If I put back the old general.php everything works fine exept the order-editor. Then I get this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_description() (previously declared in /home/remember/domains/one2remember.nl/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:15) in /home/remember/domains/one2remember.nl/public_html/admin/includes/functions/oe_functions.php on line 35

What's going wrong??

Can somebody help me?? :'(

Edited by One2remember

Hello,

I've update the order editor from 2.5 uo to 3_0_2_1.

It looks likes it works fine I've just one problem.

I've compared the general.php file from the old version and the new version.

This piece of code I have delete from the old one to let it work:

The order editor is works fine!!!

But if I use in "orders" the button "details" I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_country_id() in /home/remember/domains/one2remember.nl/public_html/admin/includes/classes/order.php on line 90

If I put back the old general.php everything works fine exept the order-editor. Then I get this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_tax_description() (previously declared in /home/remember/domains/one2remember.nl/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php:15) in /home/remember/domains/one2remember.nl/public_html/admin/includes/functions/oe_functions.php on line 35

What's going wrong??

Can somebody help me?? :'(

Deleting the old Order Editor code from general.php is correct. In order for Order Editor to work properly you will have to use the new version of general.php.

To clear up the error seen on orders.php, delete from admin/includes/classes/order.php the following lines of code:

$countryid = tep_get_country_id($this->delivery["country"]);
 $zoneid = tep_get_zone_id($countryid, $this->delivery["state"]);

and

'tax_description' => tep_get_tax_description($orders_products['products_tax_class_id'], $countryid, $zoneid),

Deleting the old Order Editor code from general.php is correct. In order for Order Editor to work properly you will have to use the new version of general.php.

To clear up the error seen on orders.php, delete from admin/includes/classes/order.php the following lines of code:

$countryid = tep_get_country_id($this->delivery["country"]);
 $zoneid = tep_get_zone_id($countryid, $this->delivery["state"]);

and

'tax_description' => tep_get_tax_description($orders_products['products_tax_class_id'], $countryid, $zoneid),

Thanks, thanks, thanks, and that for a thousand times! It works!

Edited by One2remember

Find in admin/edit_orders.php
					if ($ot_class == "ot_tax") {

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX != 'true') { 
				   //we don't add tax to the total here because it's already added to the subtotal
					   $RunningTotal += $ot_value;
					   }
					   } else {
					   }

and change it to

}
					   } elseif ($ot_class != "ot_subtotal_ex") {
					   }

Used: order_editor_3_0_2_1 and Order_Total_excluding_VAT.

I've the same problem and do everthing you tell before from post 1929 to post 1952, but I have still the same problem.

This is the screenshot, as you see the subtotal is the same as the total

sub_total_ex.jpg

I've you want to see the complete code I can post it!

Used: order_editor_3_0_2_1 and Order_Total_excluding_VAT.

I've the same problem and do everthing you tell before from post 1929 to post 1952, but I have still the same problem.

This is the screenshot, as you see the subtotal is the same as the total

I've you want to see the complete code I can post it!

The posts that have the code you need to change are 1937, 1940, and 1947.

There are a few possibilities here. The first is a problem with the code where we changed

//update subtotal and total during update function
					if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') {
				$RunningSubTotal += (($products_details['tax']/100 +  1) * ($products_details['qty'] * $products_details['final_price'])); 
					} else {
				$RunningSubTotal += $products_details["qty"] * $products_details["final_price"];
					}

to

$RunningSubTotal += (($products_details['tax']/100 +  1) * ($products_details['qty'] * $products_details['final_price'])); 

$RunningSubTotal_EX += $products_details["qty"] * $products_details["final_price"];

because as you are showing it in the screenshot, the subtotal_ex component includes tax.

The problem could also be where we changed

if ($ot_class == "ot_subtotal") {
							$ot_value = $RunningSubTotal;
						}	

$ot_value = $RunningTax[preg_replace("/:$/","",$ot_title)];
						}

to

}	

if ($ot_class == "ot_subtotal_ex") {
							  $ot_value = $RunningSubTotal_EX;
						  }	

}

because this is where the different variables are assigned different components. Take a look at those two areas and see if anything is wrong. Maybe you missed something, got a typo, etc.

This is the complete code for the first part:

$RunningSubTotal += (($products_details['tax']/100 + 1) * ($products_details['qty'] * $products_details['final_price'])); 

$RunningSubTotal_EX += $products_details["qty"] * $products_details["final_price"];

$RunningTax[$products_details['tax_description']] += (($products_details['tax']/100) * ($products_details['qty'] * $products_details['final_price']));

// Update Any Attributes

This is the complete code for the second part:

if (is_array ($_POST['update_totals'])) {
		foreach($_POST['update_totals'] as $total_index => $total_details)	{ 

extract($total_details,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"ot");
		if (trim($ot_title)) {
			 $sort_order++;

}	

if ($ot_class == "ot_subtotal_ex") {
						   $ot_value = $RunningSubTotal_EX;
					   }	

}if ($ot_class == "ot_total") {
				$ot_value = $RunningTotal;

if ( !$ot_subtotal_found )

I can't see the problem but I'm not a very good php'r

Dos it make any difference where the sub-total is locate?

No, that doesn't matter. The only other thing I can think of right now is that you have your products set up to include tax, so the tax rate is set at 0.00% for each item, and the tax component is extracted from the products prices rather than calculated on top of them. In this case your subtotal_ex component would include the tax component.

No, the price from the atributes are ex. 19% BTW (VAT)

The file edit_orders is changed like post 1937, 1940 and 1947

This is the order as I click on details

Artikelen Model BTW Prijs (excl.) Prijs (incl.) Totaal (excl.) Totaal (incl.)

1 x 1GB Kingston Secure Digital SD/1GB 19% € 8,74 € 10,40 € 8,74 € 10,40

Subtotaal Excl.: € 8,74

Standaard verzending (gratis): € 0,00

BTW 19 %: € 1,66

Totaal: € 10,40

But by clicking edit order I have this:

Image3.jpg

No, the price from the atributes are ex. 19% BTW (VAT)

The file edit_orders is changed like post 1937, 1940 and 1947

This is the order as I click on details

Artikelen Model BTW Prijs (excl.) Prijs (incl.) Totaal (excl.) Totaal (incl.)

1 x 1GB Kingston Secure Digital SD/1GB 19% € 8,74 € 10,40 € 8,74 € 10,40

Subtotaal Excl.: € 8,74

Standaard verzending (gratis): € 0,00

BTW 19 %: € 1,66

Totaal: € 10,40

But by clicking edit order I have this:

Simple- press the "update" button.

There is something wrong with the way data is being written to your database when your customers check out. The "value" entry of the ot_total component is being written to the database as the "value" entry of the ot_subtotal_ex component. Probably a bug with the ot_subtotal_ex module.

Edited by djmonkey1

Stew,

Strange? If I going to edit the order realy, for example I change the quantity from teh atributes from one in two and click update, then it works fine.

The price by Sub total ex is fine.

If I change the shipping costs and give no shipping tax, then the tax is wrong.

If I give shipping tax 19% then there are two Tax items ??

Image5.jpg

Stew,

Strange? If I going to edit the order realy, for example I change the quantity from teh atributes from one in two and click update, then it works fine.

The price by Sub total ex is fine.

If I change the shipping costs and give no shipping tax, then the tax is wrong.

If I give shipping tax 19% then there are two Tax items ??

Does 3.32 + 0.88 = the correct tax total (4.20), and are the other components correct?

Yes they are!!!

Things sound pretty good then.

For the shipping tax thing, go to Admin->Configuration->My Store->Order Editor- select a tax class for shipping fees, and make sure the tax class selected there is the appropriate one for your shop (ie, select the tax class that shipping fees are charged under).

Things sound pretty good then.

For the shipping tax thing, go to Admin->Configuration->My Store->Order Editor- select a tax class for shipping fees, and make sure the tax class selected there is the appropriate one for your shop (ie, select the tax class that shipping fees are charged under).

Thanks Stew!!!

It works excelent now!!

1000 times thanks!

Hi All

We're using order_editor_3_0_2_1 which is a great mod (nice one). However we've noticed that if there is an apostrophe or a single quote contained within the comment text you get a 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; TEP STOP error message highlighting the offended piece of text. Is there a way of being able to escape these characters as I've noticed the function for passing comments is different for order editor than the normal orders page in admin most noticable $HTTP_POST_VARS in admin/orders.php and $_POST in admin/edit_orders.php. Any help truly appreciated.

FOD

You can kill the King, but you can't kill the King Riddim...

Dear Stew,

I now, I'm a very irritated person. :huh: If you don't want to answer this question I can understand, but I have to ask you.

In my shop I have a "products Sub-total" and a "end-sub-total".

For example:

Product price: € 20,--

Product sub-total: € 16.81

Shipping costs: € 5.--

Total excl VAT: 21.01

VAT 19% : 3.99

Order Total: 25.00

That last one (the End Total excl. VAT) I have made with the contribution ot_netto: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1926

On the order it looks very good, but when I edit the order with the order editor the Total Excl. VAT becomes a part of the SUM.

Is there a possibility to make that price a non-editable.

And is it possible that it is not a part of the SUM after update.

Screenshot of the problem.

Image6.jpg

Hi All

We're using order_editor_3_0_2_1 which is a great mod (nice one). However we've noticed that if there is an apostrophe or a single quote contained within the comment text you get a 1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; TEP STOP error message highlighting the offended piece of text. Is there a way of being able to escape these characters as I've noticed the function for passing comments is different for order editor than the normal orders page in admin most noticable $HTTP_POST_VARS in admin/orders.php and $_POST in admin/edit_orders.php. Any help truly appreciated.

FOD

Do you see this when editing existing comments, adding new comments, or both?

Dear Stew,

I now, I'm a very irritated person. :huh: If you don't want to answer this question I can understand, but I have to ask you.

In my shop I have a "products Sub-total" and a "end-sub-total".

For example:

Product price: € 20,--

Product sub-total: € 16.81

Shipping costs: € 5.--

Total excl VAT: 21.01

VAT 19% : 3.99

Order Total: 25.00

That last one (the End Total excl. VAT) I have made with the contribution ot_netto: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,1926

On the order it looks very good, but when I edit the order with the order editor the Total Excl. VAT becomes a part of the SUM.

Is there a possibility to make that price a non-editable.

And is it possible that it is not a part of the SUM after update.

Screenshot of the problem.

I'm assuming this is the same shop that you just modified for ot_subtotal_ex and so my code below assumes those changes have been made.

In admin/edit_orders.php find

//1.4.1.0
		   $RunningTotal = 0;
		   $sort_order = 0;

and change it to

//1.4.1.0
		   $RunningTotal = 0;
		   $RunningTotalEX = 0;
		   $sort_order = 0;

Next find

}

if ($ot_class == "ot_total") {

and change it to

}

if ($ot_class == "ot_netto") {
							  $ot_value = $RunningTotalEX;
						 }

if ($ot_class == "ot_total") {

Next find

}
							  } elseif ($ot_class != "ot_subtotal_ex") {
							  }

and change it to

}
							  } elseif ( ($ot_class != "ot_subtotal_ex") && ($ot_class != "ot_netto") ) {
							  }

if ( ($ot_class != "ot_tax") && ($ot_class != "ot_netto")  && ($ot_class != "ot_total") ) {
				   $RunningTotalEX += $ot_value;
				}

Next find

if (!trim($ot_value) && ($ot_class != "ot_shipping")  && ($ot_class != "ot_subtotal_ex") && ($ot_class !=  "ot_subtotal") && ($ot_class != "ot_total")) { // value = 0  => Delete Total Piece

and change it to

if (!trim($ot_value) && ($ot_class != "ot_shipping")  && ($ot_class != "ot_subtotal_ex") && ($ot_class != "ot_netto") && ($ot_class !=  "ot_subtotal") && ($ot_class != "ot_total")) { // value = 0  => Delete Total Piece

Next find

// 2.2.2.3 Total
			$Query = 'SELECT sum(value) 
			AS total_value from ' . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . '
			WHERE class != "ot_total" 
			AND class != "ot_subtotal_ex" 
			AND class != "ot_tax" 
			AND orders_id= "' . (int)$oID . '"';
			$result = tep_db_query($Query);
			$row = tep_db_fetch_array($result);
			$Total = $row['total_value'];
			} else {
			}

and change it to

// 2.2.2.3 Total
			AND class != "ot_netto"
			AND class != "ot_tax" 
			} else {
			AND class != "ot_netto"
			}

Next find

// 2.3 REDIRECTION #####
			 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));

and change it to

// 2.2.2.4 TotalEX

$Query1 = 'SELECT sum(value) 
			 AND class != "ot_tax"
			 AND class != "ot_netto"
			 $resultEX = tep_db_query($Query1);
			 $rowEX = tep_db_fetch_array($resultEX);
			 $TotalEX = $rowEX['total_value'];

$Query2 = 'UPDATE ' . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . ' set
			  text = "' . $currencies->format($TotalEX, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '",
				 value = "' . $TotalEX . '"
				 WHERE class="ot_netto" and orders_id= "' . (int)$oID . '"';
			 tep_db_query($Query2);

// 2.3 REDIRECTION #####
			 tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=edit'));

Next find

if(//tax, subtotal, and total are not editable, but have all the same format
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_total" || 
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_subtotal" || 
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_subtotal_ex" ||
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_tax")
		 {

and change it to

if(//tax, subtotal, and total are not editable, but have all the same format
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_total" || 
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_subtotal" || 
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_subtotal_ex" ||
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_netto" ||
		 $TotalDetails["Class"] == "ot_tax")
		 {

And see how it works then.

Do you see this when editing existing comments, adding new comments, or both?

This occurred whencommens where already in the comments box (written both by the customer at time of checkout and by adminon the admin/orders page. When we edited the order (I think we deleted an item) and clicked update is when the error message occured. Hope this might help in solving the issue...

Thanks

You can kill the King, but you can't kill the King Riddim...

I'm assuming this is the same shop that you just modified for ot_subtotal_ex and so my code below assumes those changes have been made.

Yes that's te same shop!

And see how it works then.

It works fine, there's only a little problem. The Tax from the shipping is counting twice in the order total ex TAX.

Like this:

Product (incl TAX): 10.00

Subtotal products (ex. VAT): 8.40

Shipping (incl. TAX): 5.00

TAX 19%: 2.40

Order Total (ex TAX): 13.40 (0.80 to much)

Total (incl TAX): 15.00

Do you now what's wrong??