• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

What file is the language definition file? I do not see the statement

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD', 'Credit Card');

in any of my files [ english.php, language.php etc.]. Maybe I'm missing some file somewhere. Please help.

admin/includes/languages/*/edit_orders.php where * is your language.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

admin/includes/languages/*/edit_orders.php where * is your language.

I meant laguages.php.

But in admin/includes/languages/*/edit_orders.php the closest thing to

that I find is

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_TYPE', 'Card Type:');

The only other file where I seem to find anything that has ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD only is at

admin/edit_orders.php. Please help.

I meant laguages.php.

that I find is

The only other file where I seem to find anything that has ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD only is at

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/english/edit_orders.php

if you dont have that file like that you messed up your install.

also update

/catalog/admin/includes/languages/*all languages you have*/edit_orders.php

-Dave

I meant laguages.php.

that I find is

You're looking way too far down. At about line 20 you should find

define('HINT_UPDATE_TO_CC', 'Set payment method to ');
//ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD should be whatever is saved in your db as the payment method
//when your customer pays by Credit Card
define('HINT_UPDATE_TO_CC2', ' and the other fields will be displayed automatically.  CC fields are hidden if any other payment method is selected.');

If that code is not in there then the file is wrong as Roaddoctor suggested.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

You're looking way too far down. At about line 20 you should find
define('HINT_UPDATE_TO_CC', 'Set payment method to ');
//ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD should be whatever is saved in your db as the payment method
//when your customer pays by Credit Card
define('HINT_UPDATE_TO_CC2', ' and the other fields will be displayed automatically.  CC fields are hidden if any other payment method is selected.');

If that code is not in there then the file is wrong as Roaddoctor suggested.

Got it. Thank you.

Hi, I use this Fancier invoice and Packing slip contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2861

Would it be possible to integrate the into order editor as far as the updated invoice that is sent to customer?

if so, please outline the steps I would need to take.

Thank you very much!!

PS: you might want to consider permanently integrating this into OE, as it is a very nice mod for anyones shop.

-Dave

Hi, I use this Fancier invoice and Packing slip contribution:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2861

Would it be possible to integrate the into order editor as far as the updated invoice that is sent to customer?

if so, please outline the steps I would need to take.

Thank you very much!!

PS: you might want to consider permanently integrating this into OE, as it is a very nice mod for anyones shop.

The code that builds the email is in admin/edit_orders.php. It starts at line 760

//Build the email

and ends with lines 835-838

// send emails to other people as necessary
 if (SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO != '') {
tep_mail('', SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO, EMAIL_TEXT_SUBJECT, $email_order, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);
 }

It is very similar to the code used in a stock checkout_process.php file for sending out the email(s) upon order completion. Assuming that the contribution you mentioned changes the email code in checkout_process.php, then you would make the same changes to edit_orders.php.

V2.9.1 should be able to send out an email with updated order information in one step. Unfortunately I'm having issues with my test server right now; it's not sending out emails at all.

Have you tried updating the order, then checking the box for the new email and hitting update again?

Check again and make sure the file you're using matches the current version. Something may have gotten garbled when you were pasting the new code.

updating the order, then checking the box for the new email and hitting update again does solve the problem. I know you wan t it to be a one click thing, but 2 works :P

thanks djmonkey1

-Dave

updating the order, then checking the box for the new email and hitting update again does solve the problem. I know you wan t it to be a one click thing, but 2 works :P

thanks djmonkey1

It works on my test server as a one-click feature. The way the code is written in v2.9.1 it doesn't make any sense for it not to be one-click; the updates are all performed, then edit_orders.php redirects to itself where it builds and sends the email, then it redirects to itself again in the standard edit mode.

Hello,

i am a german oscommerce user and I have a problem with the newest version of the order editor.

This is the new order before doing something:

os1.gif

then I update it without changing anything:

os2.gif

In the first photo you can see that all calculations are correct, but after updating the editor subtracts the tax from the shipping costs (Versandkosten (DHL):)

How can I solve this problem ?

Best regards

Nick

Hello,

i am a german oscommerce user and I have a problem with the newest version of the order editor.

This is the new order before doing something:

then I update it without changing anything:

In the first photo you can see that all calculations are correct, but after updating the editor subtracts the tax from the shipping costs (Versandkosten (DHL) :)

How can I solve this problem ?

Best regards

Nick

Post the value of "class" for the entry "Versandkosten (DHL)" in the orders_total table.

Hello Djmonkey,

The class "Versandkosten (DHL)" is ot_shipping,

also i have class COD, the value in orders_total is ot_fixed_payment_chg.

Best regards

Nick

Order Editor isn't subtracting the tax value from anything, it's assessing it as being in the tax class "German Normal" instead of "enthalene Mwst." Is shipping tax always part of "enthalene Mwst."?

Hello Djmonkey,

Best regards

Nick

Order Editor isn't subtracting the tax value from anything, it's assessing it as being in the tax class "German Normal" instead of "enthalene Mwst." Is shipping tax always part of "enthalene Mwst."?

Hello Djmonkey,

Best regards

Nick

I have a kind of the same problem as the german over here. But I am from Sweden. :thumbsup:

We use normally a tax of 25%. Tax is what we call "Moms" in the pics I've included.

The first pic shows how it looks like before I have pressed "OK" button in Order Editor (2.9.1).

ordereditorcorrectxh4.gif

The second is how it look like when Order Editor has done it's job. Of some reason it include the row "Tax". I have tested with some more products and in some it split between "Moms 25%" and Tax to get the right taxamount in the end, but in this case around 25-30 kronor is lost somewhere.

ordereditorwrongik0.gif

Here is a screenpic from the "orders_total" table of the order in the pic above.

orderstotalsv2.gif

I have used the Order Editor 1.58 that worked before, but I can't remember if I've corrected the code for it to work.

Edited by hydrolift

Has anybody come up with a fix for the 403 forbidden page? I only get the error when clicking the update button, I can add products no problem. Everything else seems fine.?

Cheers Eric.

QUOTE(Nick82 @ Apr 10 2007, 01:57 PM) *

Hello Djmonkey,

Best regards

Nick

Hi,

Yes, shipping tax is always part of "enthaltene Mwst."

I would like to be listed the amounts as well as here:

os3.gif

the shipping tax is always included in the whole tax (enthaltene Mwst.)

I don´t need the "German Normal" in the list.

Do you understand what I mean?

regards Nick

Ps. Sorry for my bad English

Hi,

Yes, shipping tax is always part of "enthaltene Mwst."

I would like to be listed the amounts as well as here:

the shipping tax is always included in the whole tax (enthaltene Mwst.)

I don´t need the "German Normal" in the list.

Do you understand what I mean?

regards Nick

Ps. Sorry for my bad English

Your English is excellent. I know many Americans who can't write as well as you. :)

Look in your database at the tax_class table and find the "tax_class_id" for the class that "enthaltene Mwst." is a part of.

Then open admin/edit_orders.php and find at about line 27

//set a default tax class
 //shipping tax is added to the default tax class
  $default_tax_class = 1;

and change the "1" to whatever tax_class_id you found in the first step.

I have a kind of the same problem as the german over here. But I am from Sweden. :thumbsup:

We use normally a tax of 25%. Tax is what we call "Moms" in the pics I've included.

The first pic shows how it looks like before I have pressed "OK" button in Order Editor (2.9.1).

The second is how it look like when Order Editor has done it's job. Of some reason it include the row "Tax". I have tested with some more products and in some it split between "Moms 25%" and Tax to get the right taxamount in the end, but in this case around 25-30 kronor is lost somewhere.

Here is a screenpic from the "orders_total" table of the order in the pic above.

I have used the Order Editor 1.58 that worked before, but I can't remember if I've corrected the code for it to work.

Check out my most recent response to Nick82, that should work for you too.

Has anybody come up with a fix for the 403 forbidden page? I only get the error when clicking the update button, I can add products no problem. Everything else seems fine.?

Cheers Eric.

Well, until now I had no idea there was any such problem. Please be more specific as to when you see this error, ie what page on the server are you being pointed to.

Well, until now I had no idea there was any such problem. Please be more specific as to when you see this error, ie what page on the server are you being pointed to.

Hi thanks for the response, the error occurs when the update button is clicked

-> edit_orders.php?oID=398&action=update_order

I can add a part fine then click update and get the 403 error page.

thanks eric.

Hi thanks for the response, the error occurs when the update button is clicked

-> edit_orders.php?oID=398&action=update_order

I can add a part fine then click update and get the 403 error page.

thanks eric.

That is pretty weird. edit_orders.php?oID=398&action=update_order isn't a page you're supposed to see on the client side. Everything under action=update_order is server side scripting.

Do you have any problems on using orders.php (the "details" page), using the update button on that page to post a new comment or change the order status?

Hi,

Look in your database at the tax_class table and find the "tax_class_id" for the class that "enthaltene Mwst." is a part of.

Then open admin/edit_orders.php and find at about line 27

CODE

//set a default tax class

//shipping tax is added to the default tax class

$default_tax_class = 1;

and change the "1" to whatever tax_class_id you found in the first step.

Now the calculation of "enthaltene Mwst" is correct the shipping_ tax is included now, perfect!.

But now i have the same Problem with the COD tax:

os4.gif

after update "button" the tax from cod (ot_fixed_payment_chg) is not in the whole tax "enthaltene Mwst".

os5.gif

what can i do?

regards Nick