• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I have a new problem, I think- and yes, I checked to make sure the module was installed :)

If I select PayPal as my payment choice and then go to order it doesn't show a payment at all- it's just blank- and when I go into edit_orders and look at the payment method dropdown it shows PayPal, followed by a blank, followed by Other- and the blank is showing as the payment for that particular order. Anyone else run into this?

Hello,

I read this contribution is for updating orders directly from the admin area. I need to to create orders from the admin. Is this also possible? If not, is there another contribution for order creation?

Thanks!

Mark

Hello,

I read this contribution is for updating orders directly from the admin area. I need to to create orders from the admin. Is this also possible? If not, is there another contribution for order creation?

Thanks!

Mark

Manual Order Entry

Attitude Simple Manual Order Entry

MOECTOE

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I have a new problem, I think- and yes, I checked to make sure the module was installed :)

If I select PayPal as my payment choice and then go to order it doesn't show a payment at all- it's just blank- and when I go into edit_orders and look at the payment method dropdown it shows PayPal, followed by a blank, followed by Other- and the blank is showing as the payment for that particular order. Anyone else run into this?

Disable the payment method dropdown.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Then the field type isn't varchar(10) or you're using some function that formats the date string.

Really I do not know. I use the contribution shipdate, and it works great in the catalog. And I am trying to do the same in the order editor. This contribution is a calendar in the where you select a date for the delivery. i do not know how to find the function that formats the date string. It is really a varchar(10) not null

Really I do not know. I use the contribution shipdate, and it works great in the catalog. And I am trying to do the same in the order editor. This contribution is a calendar in the where you select a date for the delivery. i do not know how to find the function that formats the date string. It is really a varchar(10) not null

You said in an earlier post that it

Returns Thursday, January 1, 1970 when I tipe 19/03/2007

Thursday, January 1, 1970
is 25 characters.

If the field was varchar(10) MySQL would cut it off as

Thursday,

Which brings me back to the use of a function to format the date string, most likely the PHP "date" function you can see explained here:

http://us2.php.net/date

As an example, if you had 1174258800 saved in your database in the "cc_type" field and then displayed it on a page as so:

<?php echo date("l, F j, Y", $order->info['cc_type']); ?>

it would return, on my server,

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Therefore you are using the PHP "date" function to format the number string. The question is how did Order Editor go from displaying a string like 1174258800 to Thursday, January 1, 1970? I would say you either edited the Order Editor file to incorporate the "date" function in order to display the number string in a date format, or you were seeing the date of Thursday, January 1, 1970 displayed in a completely different file other than Order Editor yet inexplicably left out that valuable information.

You said in an earlier post that it

is 25 characters.

If the field was varchar(10) MySQL would cut it off as

Which brings me back to the use of a function to format the date string, most likely the PHP "date" function you can see explained here:

http://us2.php.net/date

As an example, if you had 1174258800 saved in your database in the "cc_type" field and then displayed it on a page as so:

<?php echo date("l, F j, Y", $order->info['cc_type']); ?>

it would return, on my server,

Sunday, March 18, 2007

Therefore you are using the PHP "date" function to format the number string. The question is how did Order Editor go from displaying a string like 1174258800 to Thursday, January 1, 1970? I would say you either edited the Order Editor file to incorporate the "date" function in order to display the number string in a date format, or you were seeing the date of Thursday, January 1, 1970 displayed in a completely different file other than Order Editor yet inexplicably left out that valuable information.

Thankyou for your answer, when I type 1174258800, I see in my server the date monday, March 19, 2007.

I do not know how to insert the date in the database without typing 1174258800. I would like to type the date, just like a date format and that the database recognize it.

Thankyou for your answer, when I type 1174258800, I see in my server the date monday, March 19, 2007.

I do not know how to insert the date in the database without typing 1174258800. I would like to type the date, just like a date format and that the database recognize it.

Well, first off you would have to replace

<tr class="dataTableRow"> 
			   <td class="dataTableContent" valign="middle" align="right">Shipdate: </td>
			   <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name='update_info_shipdate' size='35' value='<?php echo $order->info['shipdate']; ?>'></td>
			 </tr>

with

<td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name='update_info_shipdate' size='35' value='<?php echo date("l, F j, Y", $order->info['shipdate']); ?>'></td>
			 </tr>

Then change

shipdate = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_shipdate'])) . "',

to

shipdate = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input(strtotime($_POST['update_info_shipdate']))) . "',

You have to be very careful when posting data, however, as strtotime leaves no room for error. If any part of the string you enter is incorrect or not in an accepted format (ie you write "Sunday" instead of "Saturday" or "Thusday" instead of "Thursday", etc), the entry will default to Thursday, January 1, 1970.

Well, first off you would have to replace
			   <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name='update_info_shipdate' size='35' value='<?php echo $order->info['shipdate']; ?>'></td>
			 </tr>

with

<td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name='update_info_shipdate' size='35' value='<?php echo date("l, F j, Y", $order->info['shipdate']); ?>'></td>
			 </tr>

Then change

shipdate = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_shipdate'])) . "',

to

shipdate = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input(strtotime($_POST['update_info_shipdate']))) . "',

You have to be very careful when posting data, however, as strtotime leaves no room for error. If any part of the string you enter is incorrect or not in an accepted format (ie you write "Sunday" instead of "Saturday" or "Thusday" instead of "Thursday", etc), the entry will default to Thursday, January 1, 1970.

Thankyou very much. It works great. I change the format of the date and I present it as dd/mm/yyyy. The problem is that when I have to insert a date, with the function strtotime, I have to write the date as yyyy/mm/dd. Is it posible to change it ?

Thankyou very much. It works great. I change the format of the date and I present it as dd/mm/yyyy. The problem is that when I have to insert a date, with the function strtotime, I have to write the date as yyyy/mm/dd. Is it posible to change it ?

I believe you would have to write a custom function to change the date you enter into a format that strtotime will recognize, or just come up with a custom function that replaces strtotime completely. There are examples of people who have done things like this in the PHP manual: http://us2.php.net/manual/en/function.strtotime.php

I have a minor issue with the email sent to the customer

If I update the customers "Delivery Address", the information updates in the database just fine, but in the email sent to the customer, it seems the CITY and ZIP CODE, and possibly the STATE(untested), call from the billing address still, and not the Ship-To or Delivery address. Hope that makes sense. Any guidance appreciated

In the email the customer recieves:

Delivery Address
------------------------------------------------------
John Doe
The blahblah Co Name
123 N 5th St
kenmore					 <<<------not showing revision
Washington				 <<<------possibly not showing revision-untested
98028					 <<<------not showing revision
United States

Billing Address
------------------------------------------------------
John Doe
123 N 5th St
kenmore
Washington
United States

Thanks for the help!

Edited by Roaddoctor

-Dave

I have a minor issue with the email sent to the customer

If I update the customers "Delivery Address", the information updates in the database just fine, but in the email sent to the customer, it seems the CITY and ZIP CODE, and possibly the STATE(untested), call from the billing address still, and not the Ship-To or Delivery address. Hope that makes sense. Any guidance appreciated

In the email the customer recieves:

Thanks for the help!

Which version of Order Editor are you using?

Which version of Order Editor are you using?

I started with 2.9.0.1 on 3/8/07

updated rather quickly to 2.9.1 on 3/11/07

I am pretty sure I caught all the updates doing a compare. Thanks for the response and apologies if the error is on my side. If I can post anything please let me know.

-Dave

I started with 2.9.0.1 on 3/8/07

updated rather quickly to 2.9.1 on 3/11/07

I am pretty sure I caught all the updates doing a compare. Thanks for the response and apologies if the error is on my side. If I can post anything please let me know.

V2.9.1 should be able to send out an email with updated order information in one step. Unfortunately I'm having issues with my test server right now; it's not sending out emails at all.

Have you tried updating the order, then checking the box for the new email and hitting update again?

Check again and make sure the file you're using matches the current version. Something may have gotten garbled when you were pasting the new code.

Hey Guys

Another newbie here. I have installed the Order Editing Tool onto my site, can edit orders, thats no problems, but when it comes time to pressing the update button, i get the following

1054 - Unknown column 'shipping_tax' in 'field list'

Followed by the customers details

Any advice would be much appreciated

Thanks

Tarek

RACESPEC

Hey Guys

Another newbie here. I have installed the Order Editing Tool onto my site, can edit orders, thats no problems, but when it comes time to pressing the update button, i get the following

1054 - Unknown column 'shipping_tax' in 'field list'

-------------

STEP 1

-------------

Run the following command on your MySQL database

###If you always or almost always charge tax on shipping,

###you may want to enter a different default value for shipping_tax,

###ie 16.0000 instead of 0.0000):

ALTER TABLE orders ADD shipping_tax DECIMAL( 7, 4 ) DEFAULT '0.000' NOT NULL ;

INSERT into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('', 'Order Editor- Display Payment Method dropdown?', 'DISPLAY_PAYMENT_METHOD_DROPDOWN', 'true', 'Display Payment Method in Order Editor as dropdown menu (true) or as input field (false)', '1', '21', NULL, '2006-04-02 11:51:01', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

Hello all,

I am thinking of installing this contribution in my site.

V.2.9.1 is the latest version I see....Can I do an install from this contribution ? It seems to be the full thing.

I see in the instructions that I have to run a command in MySQL database.......my question is : if I rum this command, install the files and things go wrong .......do I need to do anything to the MySQL to undo the command I ran ?

I am new to this OSC mod thing, so if my question is not making sense pls forgive my ignorance.

dca

Hello all,

I am thinking of installing this contribution in my site.

V.2.9.1 is the latest version I see....Can I do an install from this contribution ? It seems to be the full thing.

I see in the instructions that I have to run a command in MySQL database.......my question is : if I rum this command, install the files and things go wrong .......do I need to do anything to the MySQL to undo the command I ran ?

I am new to this OSC mod thing, so if my question is not making sense pls forgive my ignorance.

dca

There is an install text that is included with the package that lists the steps that need to be accomplished in order to install the contribution.

Before you begin this or any other contribution you should backup your database and site. In the event things don't go well you can use the backup files to restore your site.

thanks djmonkey1

I can see the instructions......it´s that in of the mods I installed it had a SQL command and if I wanted to "unsinstall" it , then it had another SQL command for that.

hence my question earlier regarding running the SQL command. I run that , but if then I dont keep the update, is there an "uninstall" ?

dca

thanks djmonkey1

I can see the instructions......it´s that in of the mods I installed it had a SQL command and if I wanted to "unsinstall" it , then it had another SQL command for that.

hence my question earlier regarding running the SQL command. I run that , but if then I dont keep the update, is there an "uninstall" ?

dca

thanks djmonkey1

dca

ALTER TABLE orders DROP shipping_tax;
DELETE FROM configuration WHERE configuration_key = "DISPLAY_PAYMENT_METHOD_DROPDOWN" LIMIT 1;

The most likely cause of problems with the cc info not displaying is this portion of the language definition file:

//ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD should be whatever is saved in your db as the payment method
//when your customer pays by Credit Card
define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD', 'Credit Card');

If, for instance, the credit card method on your site (the term that shows up in the payment method dropdown) is called "Credite" then you would have to have

//ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD should be whatever is saved in your db as the payment method
//when your customer pays by Credit Card
define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD', 'Credite');

What file is the language definition file? I do not see the statement

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD', 'Credit Card');

in any of my files [ english.php, language.php etc.]. Maybe I'm missing some file somewhere. Please help.