• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I'm assuming then that you don't charge tax on shipping.

If that's the case and only need the discount tax computed in admin/edit_orders.php change

if($ot_class == "ot_shipping")//a good place to add in custom total components

to

if($ot_class == "ot_custom")//a good place to add in custom total components

then change

AND class = 'ot_shipping'");

to

AND class = 'ot_custom'");

Finally, make sure "25.00" is always entered into the field in Order Editor usually called "shipping tax". For the sake of simplicity you can simply make this entry 25.00 by default in the database itself.

I put 25.00 in database and everything works great.

Thank you!

Ps. where do I change the printing order of tax and discount?

I want to show discount before tax.

// Buck

So you've got the field displayed in Order Editor? But it's not pulling the info from the database or updating it?

Yeah! By poking around and adding some info to "admin/includes/classes/oe_order.php", "admin/edit_orders.php", and "admin/includes/languages/english/edit_orders.php".

The Order Editor is pulling the CVV number ('cc_cvv2' from $order) but it can't update the record.

I'm overlooking something, but I'm a lot closer...

Run the entire statement on the database.

Thanks for the instruction. I have completed the install but still have problems with getting my problem corrected.

Here is my situation

Installed the osCommerce 2.2 Milestone 2 Update 051113

Modified the Shipping Modules with the MVS 1.1 Contributions - Worked extremely well

Installed the PAYPAL IPN Contribution - PayPal_Shopping_Cart_IPN_v3.1.5 - Worked well when tested in the Paypal Developer

Central

Installed Payment module using - Money Order or Check.

The store processes work just fine and everything works as it should from a purchasing perspective.

The Problem. In the Administration of the Accounts all Orders placed with Paypal record properly, display properly, and

appears to function as it should. Orders that are placed with the Money Order or check module display in the Order sections

for Vendors and Customers, however when I try to edit, view an invoice or packing slip I get the following error.

Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in

...........\oscommerce\admin\includes\functions\database.php on line 107

LInes 95 - 115

-------------------------------------------------------

95 return tep_db_query($query, $link);

96 }

98 function tep_db_fetch_array($db_query) {

99 return mysql_fetch_array($db_query, MYSQL_ASSOC);

100 }

102 function tep_db_result($result, $row, $field = '') {

103 return mysql_result($result, $row, $field);

104 }

106 function tep_db_num_rows($db_query) {

107 return mysql_num_rows($db_query);

108 }

110 function tep_db_data_seek($db_query, $row_number) {

111 return mysql_data_seek($db_query, $row_number);

112 }

114 function tep_db_insert_id() {

115 return mysql_insert_id();

---------------------------------------------------------

I felt that the Orders editor "order_editor_2_9_1" may work out this problem and so I set out to upgrade. My upgrade has not

solved the problem and I ran into another problem with the Vendors Module when I tried running the new editor. At this point

I have restored things to the problem outlined above. I'll need to correct this before I can move on to the newer Orders

Editor.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Cliff

Modified the Shipping Modules with the MVS 1.1 Contributions - Worked extremely well

You need to use Order Editor for MVS:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,mvs

That contribution has its own support thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=212433

Edited by djmonkey1

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Yeah! By poking around and adding some info to "admin/includes/classes/oe_order.php", "admin/edit_orders.php", and "admin/includes/languages/english/edit_orders.php".

The Order Editor is pulling the CVV number ('cc_cvv2' from $order) but it can't update the record.

I'm overlooking something, but I'm a lot closer...

Near the top of admin/edit_orders.php make sure you added

cc_cvv2 = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_cvv2'])) . "',

after

cc_expires = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_expires'])) . "',

Also make sure the input name is "update_info_cc_cvv2" as in the example below:

<tr>
	 <td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2; ?></td>
	 <td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_cvv2" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv2']; ?>" maxlength="4"></td>
   </tr>

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

hello, it is store in the orders table and the name is shipdate.

Thankyou for your reply

In admin/includes/classes/oe_order.php add

'shipdate' => $order['shipdate'],

on a new line after

'orders_status' => $order['orders_status'],

Then in admin/edit_orders.php add

shipdate = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_shipdate'])) . "',

on a new line after

cc_expires = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_expires'])) . "',

Next add

<tr class="dataTableRow"> 
			   <td class="dataTableContent" valign="middle" align="right">Shipdate: </td>
			   <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name='update_info_shipdate' size='35' value='<?php echo $order->info['shipdate']; ?>'></td>
			 </tr>

after

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="middle" align="right"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></td>
			   <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name='update_customer_email_address' size='35' value='<?php echo $order->customer['email_address']; ?>'></td>
			 </tr>

I put 25.00 in database and everything works great.

Thank you!

Ps. where do I change the printing order of tax and discount?

I want to show discount before tax.

For future orders make sure you only ever enter the discount amount into the blank boxes above the tax component.

For already edited orders you will have to manually change the sort_order in the orders_total table of the database for the components that you want to re-order.

Near the top of admin/edit_orders.php make sure you added
		cc_cvv2 = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_cvv2'])) . "',

after

Also make sure the input name is "update_info_cc_cvv2" as in the example below:

<tr>
		<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2; ?></td>
		<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_cvv2" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv2']; ?>" maxlength="4"></td>
	  </tr>

That did the trick. I was missing the first line which seems obvious now. This is very nice work and great support! Thank You.

We anticipate having to make changes to a fair amount of orders due to our own inability to force a specific type of shipping for a particular item (I'm still working on that). Meanwhile, we want to be able to 'adjust' an order without having to have the buyer make a whole new order. This contribution will allow us to fully track our changes and the status, and keep the customer in the loop. :thumbsup:

That did the trick. I was missing the first line which seems obvious now. This is very nice work and great support! Thank You.

No problemo.

We anticipate having to make changes to a fair amount of orders due to our own inability to force a specific type of shipping for a particular item (I'm still working on that).

Multi Vendor Shipping: http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,4129

For future orders make sure you only ever enter the discount amount into the blank boxes above the tax component.

For already edited orders you will have to manually change the sort_order in the orders_total table of the database for the components that you want to re-order.

Works like a :)

Thank You!

// Buck

You need to use Order Editor for MVS:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...,all/search,mvs

That contribution has its own support thread:

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=212433

Thanks - you have been extremly helpful. I'll now follow the instructions in that thread. I notice that you have made that contribution as well. I'll let you know how things go.

Thanks again

Cliff

I've taken a peek at it but it's pretty much in shambles with about 12 patches to version 1.1. I think I'll hold off on something this extensive until I build a new version of the store. It seems like MVS should go in earlier in the development along with your Order Editor for MVS. I'm using STS and about 20 contributions. MVS changes very many of my most modified files and I've already had problems with some contributions not working with STS without changing it's design, like "All Products v4.4" (redeclare clean_html_comments()). I'll go back and visit it later, when I understand how to stop the redeclare problems with STS. The author just points to other forum topics with similar problems, blames STS and all template designs in general, and I didn't understand what exactly I'd have to do to fix my site and still use STS.

I've managed to get order editor, header_tag_controller, fedex_direct, paypal_express, cvv2, email_validation,change prices by category, about_us page, and several less powerful contributions working together with STS. Our problem is that we want a food product that can spoil to have to use a fast shipping method even though the fedex contribution offers quotes for slower shipping methods (that's what's so great about having Order Editor).

I've posted notices in red all over the products and in the checkout, but some people just won't read. I am hoping there is something that can make fedex specify 2 Day air if a product that can spoil is included in an order. I've also looked at the Ship_Separately contribution, but it makes each item ship in a separate box as far as quoting shipping charges from fedex, so three pounds of product is quoted at $60 shipping instead of $18.

Thanks again for your fast and precise help. You didn't make this newbie feel like I was wasting your time :thumbsup:

I've taken a peek at it but it's pretty much in shambles with about 12 patches to version 1.1.

Those aren't patches, most of them are shipping modules modified for use with MVS (modules that don't come with the original package). Download the 1.1 release by blucollarguy. Craig and Jim provide excellent support for MVS in the support thread: http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=101973

I've posted notices in red all over the products and in the checkout, but some people just won't read. I am hoping there is something that can make fedex specify 2 Day air if a product that can spoil is included in an order.

There is- MVS. :)

trying to install the data base bit paste it run it in query and get You have to choose at least one column to display

any ideas any one?

think i got the database sorted

click on edit though, and get this message

The requested URL /admin/FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

think i got the database sorted

click on edit though, and get this message

The requested URL /admin/FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

-------------

STEP 3

-------------

Open admin/includes/filenames.php

###Find near line:33

define('FILENAME_ORDERS', 'orders.php');

****Add below on a new line:

define('FILENAME_ORDERS_EDIT', 'edit_orders.php');

I installed this exactly how the instructions said. When i go to edit a order by clicking on "Edit" it takes me to a blank page with the url <removed url at posters request> it does this on all orders. I also tried creating a new order and it wouldnt work with that either. So i thought maybe i made a scripting error and since i dont have other mods installed, i replaced my order.php with the one in this contribution and still a blank page. Can someone help please?

Edited by Chris Dunning

In admin/includes/classes/oe_order.php add
						  'shipdate' => $order['shipdate'],

on a new line after

'orders_status' => $order['orders_status'],

Then in admin/edit_orders.php add

shipdate = '" . tep_db_input(tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_shipdate'])) . "',

on a new line after

Next add

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="middle" align="right">Shipdate: </td>
			   <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name='update_info_shipdate' size='35' value='<?php echo $order->info['shipdate']; ?>'></td>
			 </tr>

after

<td class="dataTableContent" valign="middle" align="right"><?php echo ENTRY_EMAIL_ADDRESS; ?></td>
			   <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name='update_customer_email_address' size='35' value='<?php echo $order->customer['email_address']; ?>'></td>
			 </tr>

Thankyou for your answer:

The thing is that when I writte a date in the shipdate field, the mysql db does not recognize it and always print the date of 1st January of 1970. I think that it is probably because this field is added in the mysql as a varchar(10) and not as a date field. How can I fixe it not changing the database field? And how can I do it for to write the date in spanish format (dd/mm/yyyy) and mysql resolve it?

Thankyou in advance

Goyito

I installed this exactly how the instructions said. When i go to edit a order by clicking on "Edit" it takes me to a blank page with the url "<url removed>" it does this on all orders. I also tried creating a new order and it wouldnt work with that either. So i thought maybe i made a scripting error and since i dont have other mods installed, i replaced my order.php with the one in this contribution and still a blank page. Can someone help please?

Try going to <url removed>

Edited by Chris Dunning

Thankyou for your answer:

The thing is that when I writte a date in the shipdate field, the mysql db does not recognize it and always print the date of 1st January of 1970. I think that it is probably because this field is added in the mysql as a varchar(10) and not as a date field. How can I fixe it not changing the database field? And how can I do it for to write the date in spanish format (dd/mm/yyyy) and mysql resolve it?

Thankyou in advance

Goyito

Leaving it as varchar(10) will give you the flexibility to leave it in the format dd/mm/yyyy. For instance if you change the field type to "date" then MySQL will only accept the entry in the format yyyy-mm-dd and if you enter in anything not in that format it will change it to 1970-01-01.

That being said, MySQL would not change the entry in a varchar field to match a certain format, and within osCommerce MySQL itself does not often do any "printing". Where is it that you're seeing the date printed as 1st January of 1970? What do you see in Order Editor when you view and edit an order with a shipdate?

Leaving it as varchar(10) will give you the flexibility to leave it in the format dd/mm/yyyy. For instance if you change the field type to "date" then MySQL will only accept the entry in the format yyyy-mm-dd and if you enter in anything not in that format it will change it to 1970-01-01.

That being said, MySQL would not change the entry in a varchar field to match a certain format, and within osCommerce MySQL itself does not often do any "printing". Where is it that you're seeing the date printed as 1st January of 1970? What do you see in Order Editor when you view and edit an order with a shipdate?

Hello:

For example, for a date of nineteen March 2007, I see in order editor 1174258800, And all the diferent dates begin with 11 and finish with 00

Hello:

For example, for a date of nineteen March 2007, I see in order editor 1174258800, And all the diferent dates begin with 11 and finish with 00

What happens if you change it to 19/03/2007 using Order Editor?

Returns Thursday, January 1, 1970 when I tipe 19/03/2007

Then the field type isn't varchar(10) or you're using some function that formats the date string.

Edited by djmonkey1