• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

So,

I searched and couldnt find the answer -

Does this mod re-charge the credit card? or allow for partial second payments?

What I am getting at is that my website charges people on checkout, if they call and want something different or added to the order can I do that and succesfully recharge the remaining amount not charged? Or does the processing of credit cards happen manually after that?

--

And one last thing, can it create NEW invoices? or is there a mod that can?

Thanks,

Tai

So,

I searched and couldnt find the answer -

Does this mod re-charge the credit card? or allow for partial second payments?

What I am getting at is that my website charges people on checkout, if they call and want something different or added to the order can I do that and succesfully recharge the remaining amount not charged? Or does the processing of credit cards happen manually after that?

--

And one last thing, can it create NEW invoices? or is there a mod that can?

Thanks,

Tai

2. Collecting Payment/Issuing Refunds

Order Editor is not a payment module. Collecting payment or issuing a refund

for differences calculated against the original order is the responsibility of the shop owner. Please

remember it's unethical and hopefully illegal to charge someone's credit card for more than they've

authorized.

The invoice in admin reflects whatever is stored in the database for the order being looked up. Order Editor does now come with the ability to send out updated order confirmations by email.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I have version 2.5 installed ( can't figure out how to update to new version), but:

I want to be able to go in and edit the order, and give the customer a credit, say $10.00. How do I do that using this editor?

I can't figure it out. I can charge them more, but not less.

Thanks!

I have version 2.5 installed ( can't figure out how to update to new version), but:

I want to be able to go in and edit the order, and give the customer a credit, say $10.00. How do I do that using this editor?

I can't figure it out. I can charge them more, but not less.

Thanks!

In the blank text input boxes, where you would charge them more by entering 10.00, enter -10.00.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

I need help geting this to work with CVV2.... I get the following error:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class cc_validation in /home/facetrou/public_html/includes/modules/payment/cc_validation.php on line 3

Let me explain myself a little better....

OE use to work until I installed CVV2. Now I get:

Warning: main(/home/facetrou/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc_validation.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/facetrou/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php on line 1616

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/facetrou/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc_validation.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/facetrou/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php on line 1616

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: check() in /home/facetrou/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php on line 1622

So to fix this I put cc_validation.php in includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ and then I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare class cc_validation in /home/facetrou/public_html/includes/modules/payment/cc_validation.php on line 3

I also updated oe_order.php to include

'cc_cvv2' => $order['cc_cvv2'],

as well as edit_orders.php to include

cc_cvv2 = '" . tep_db_input($_POST['update_info_cc_cvv2']) . "',

and

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2; ?></td>

<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_cvv2" size="3" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv2']; ?>" maxlength="3" /></td>

</tr>

Let me explain myself a little better....

OE use to work until I installed CVV2. Now I get:

Warning: main(/home/facetrou/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc_validation.php) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/facetrou/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php on line 1616

Warning: main() [function.include]: Failed opening '/home/facetrou/public_html/includes/languages/english/modules/payment/cc_validation.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php') in /home/facetrou/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php on line 1616

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: check() in /home/facetrou/public_html/admin/edit_orders.php on line 1622

So to fix this I put cc_validation.php in includes/languages/english/modules/payment/ and then I get:

I also updated oe_order.php to include

'cc_cvv2' => $order['cc_cvv2'],

as well as edit_orders.php to include

cc_cvv2 = '" . tep_db_input($_POST['update_info_cc_cvv2']) . "',

and

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVV2; ?></td>

<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_cvv2" size="3" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_cvv2']; ?>" maxlength="3" /></td>

</tr>

I use a cvv contrib and didn't do all of this- I did as follows (of course, you would need to change where I have cvvnumber to match cvv2) and it works fine with OE:

in admin/edit_orders

cc_expires = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_expires']) . "',

cvvnumber = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cvvnumber']) . "',

shipping_tax = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_shipping_tax']) . "'";

farther down, same page

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>

<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_expires" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?>" maxlength="4" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVVNUMBER; ?></td>

<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cvvnumber" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cvvnumber']; ?>" maxlength="4" /></td>

</tr>

</table>

in admin/languages/english/edit_orders

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES', 'Card Expires:');

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVVNUMBER', 'CVV Number:');

define('ENTRY_SUB_TOTAL', 'Sub Total:');

I use a cvv contrib and didn't do all of this- I did as follows (of course, you would need to change where I have cvvnumber to match cvv2) and it works fine with OE:

in admin/edit_orders

cc_expires = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_expires']) . "',

cvvnumber = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cvvnumber']) . "',

shipping_tax = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_shipping_tax']) . "'";

farther down, same page

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES; ?></td>

<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cc_expires" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cc_expires']; ?>" maxlength="4" /></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVVNUMBER; ?></td>

<td class="main"><input name="update_info_cvvnumber" size="4" value="<?php echo $order->info['cvvnumber']; ?>" maxlength="4" /></td>

</tr>

</table>

in admin/languages/english/edit_orders

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_EXPIRES', 'Card Expires:');

define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD_CVVNUMBER', 'CVV Number:');

define('ENTRY_SUB_TOTAL', 'Sub Total:');

That is basicly what I did (and just redid) and it is still giving me the same results....

That is basicly what I did (and just redid) and it is still giving me the same results....

cc_validation belongs in includes/classes rather than includes/languages/english/modules/payment and is called by cc.php rather than directly from oe. One thing you might try is a different cvv contrib- if a different one works then you know the cause lies with cvv2 rather than oe- the one I'm using that does work is:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,99/

I've tried that but it doesn't work. it ignores it as if it isnt' a credit.

There are two columns of input boxes. Put the name of the credit in the left hand box, the amount of the credit in the right hand box, and there shouldn't be a problem. If the left hand field is left empty nothing will be saved; if the right hand field is left empty it will default to "0.00".

I need help geting this to work with CVV2.... I get the following error:

Have you tried disabling the payment method dropdown?

I dont get the same values in ot-text and ot_value for the tax class. The ot_text contains the tax value but the ot_value contains the total value.

Which means that the specified tax on my invoice is the same as the final price.

Can anybody help me figure out what is wrong.

I use version 2.9.0

Thanx

// Buck

No... How do I do that....

Go to Admin->Configuration->My Store->Order Editor- display payment method dropdown?->set to 'false'

I dont get the same values in ot-text and ot_value for the tax class. The ot_text contains the tax value but the ot_value contains the total value.

Which means that the specified tax on my invoice is the same as the final price.

Can anybody help me figure out what is wrong.

I use version 2.9.0

Thanx

Does this problem exist before or after pressing the "update" button on Order Editor?

It appears after I press the update button

Look in the orders_total table of your database and tell me what is entered in the "class" field of the tax components you are having trouble with.

Edited by djmonkey1

Look in the orders_total table of your database and tell me what is entered in the "class" field of the tax components you are having trouble with.

My tax component is "ot_total_moms" and my total component is "ot_total"

// Buck

My tax component is "ot_total_moms" and my total component is "ot_total"

Well then that would be why Order Editor is doing strange things to your order total components.

Open admin/edit_orders.php and change every single instance of "ot_tax" to "ot_total_moms" and see how things run then.

Well then that would be why Order Editor is doing strange things to your order total components.

Open admin/edit_orders.php and change every single instance of "ot_tax" to "ot_total_moms" and see how things run then.

No it doesnt work. It seems that order editor takes my tax value "ot_total_moms" as a custom value.

If I give a discount my tax value changes to the given discount value and is printed on the invoice in the same place as the tax was printed before.

// Buck

No it doesnt work. It seems that order editor takes my tax value "ot_total_moms" as a custom value.

If I give a discount my tax value changes to the given discount value and is printed on the invoice in the same place as the tax was printed before.

Given that you've made the changes I recommended, you may have vestigial tax components with the class "ot_tax" written to your orders_total table for the orders you've already edited with Order Editor prior to making those changes. You will have to delete these lines from the database manually.

I have tested this scenario and found that Order Editor behaves normally when every single instance of "ot_tax" is changed to "ot_total_moms".

There should be no structure for replacing tax values with discount values.

If you continue to have difficulties with this, post the contents of every line of your orders_total table where the order_id is from one of the orders you're having trouble with.

Given that you've made the changes I recommended, you may have vestigial tax components with the class "ot_tax" written to your orders_total table for the orders you've already edited with Order Editor prior to making those changes. You will have to delete these lines from the database manually.

I have tested this scenario and found that Order Editor behaves normally when every single instance of "ot_tax" is changed to "ot_total_moms".

There should be no structure for replacing tax values with discount values.

If you continue to have difficulties with this, post the contents of every line of your orders_total table where the order_id is from one of the orders you're having trouble with.

Before edit

409 158 Varav svensk moms (25%): 490.50 Kr 2452.0000 ot_total_moms 1

410 158 Total: <b>2,452.00 Kr</b> 2452.0000 ot_total 4

After edit

423 158 Discount 10% -242.50 Kr -242.5000 ot_custom 2

410 158 Total: <b>2,210.00 Kr</b> 2210.0000 ot_total 3

So the calculating is right but it wont print tax on my invoice after editing.

It replaces tax with discount on my invoice. Everything else works OK. But I need to show both tax and discount on the invoice.

// Buck