• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

That's strange. I would have thought that everything would update except for the total_ht.

It looks to me like the final total should be 109.10.

Excuse me, you're right, it should be 109.10

Now, after having done the changes, I get

1) After setting qty to 2

total_ht (excl) : 41.81 ( not OK)

tax : 8.19 ( not OK)

subtotal (incl) : 100.00 (OK)

shipping : 7.00 (OK)

insurance : 2.10 (OK)

total (incl) : 102.00 (not OK)

Curiously, the values on the product line are updated and OK (Total (excl) is 83.61 and Total (incl) is 100.00). This thing begins to driving me nuts since I didn't modified anything since yesterday :-)

2) After clicking on Update, EVERYTHING is OK

Now that YOU found the solution (well, almost but I consider that's done), do you want I send you the edit_orders.php file ?

Thank's A LOT !

sorry djmonkey with such troubling and yet most likely simple issues too you..

i have as you say edited into the (admin/includes/classes/order.php) with adding reference_number' => $order['reference_number']; into the last reference of $this->info = array(.....)

now as for pulling...... i am unsure of that.. in the admin/orders.php i have it pulled as.. <?php echo tep_db_input($order->info['reference_number']); ?>

is that wrong????

i am sorry but i am not sure what you mean by modifying $order_query......

and i have checked in sql.. the data has been stored so it should be able to echo it.. if you can assist in advising on how to pull the reference and possibly modifying the $order_query..

cheers

In admin/includes/classes/order.php you have to add reference_number to

$order_query = tep_db_query("select customers_name, customers_company, blah blah blah blah blah

However, it is not necessary to do this if you have already modified the $order_query and have

instead of

customers_name, customers_company, blah blah blah blah blah

Also you said you put reference_number at the end of info array. Did you also then change

'last_modified' => $order['last_modified']);

to

'last_modified' => $order['last_modified'],

Finally, I believe

<?php echo $order->info['reference_number']; ?>

is sufficient.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Excuse me, you're right, it should be 109.10

Now, after having done the changes, I get

Curiously, the values on the product line are updated and OK (Total (excl) is 83.61 and Total (incl) is 100.00). This thing begins to driving me nuts since I didn't modified anything since yesterday :-)

I haven't even begun to get into the JavaScript. I looked at it briefly while I was figuring out how to get the PHP to work correctly for you, and, at the time, the idea of it running two subtotals made my eyes feel funny :blink: , so I skipped it.

2) After clicking on Update, EVERYTHING is OK
See, now that's what I'm talking about.

Now that YOU found the solution (well, almost but I consider that's done), do you want I send you the edit_orders.php file ?
What would I do with it? I'm not in France! :)

Thank's A LOT !
You're welcome!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

no links appear to the right as i type

Interesting. Has admin/search_suggest.php been uploaded to your server? Does your browser support JavaScript?

Interesting. Has admin/search_suggest.php been uploaded to your server? Does your browser support JavaScript?

Yep Search_suggest.php is uploaded and the browers supports JavaScript, I do however get a little yellow warning triangle in the bar at the bottom of the browser window telling me that the page is loaded but with errors, no other info is given.

Daniel

Yep Search_suggest.php is uploaded and the browers supports JavaScript, I do however get a little yellow warning triangle in the bar at the bottom of the browser window telling me that the page is loaded but with errors, no other info is given.

Daniel

You're using Internet Explorer- try to turn on script error notifications. In IE6 or IE7 go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced tab->Browsing category->Check the box next to "Display a notification about every script error"->Hit Apply->Hit OK

Once you've done this, try again to add a product, and an error message should pop up along with the yellow triangle appearing in the status bar. Post what is written in the textbox portion of that window (the technical stuff like line numbers, etc).

Also if you have any other browsers on your computer such as Firefox or Opera try them as well.

Looking at it again, it seems like it should be fairly easy to get the JavaScript to get the correct grand total.

Change

if (action =='total'){
//I cheat here- the grand total always includes the value of the various totals including tax of 
//each item, regardless of individual shop settings.  So I take the various Total incls, all the
//ot_customs, ot_loworderfees, and any ot_shipping value, and voila
if ((pid ==  'ot_custom') || (pid == 'ot_shipping') || (pid == 'p-total_incl') || (pid == 'ot_loworderfee')) {
sum += Number(el[i].value);
  }

to

if (action =='total'){
//I cheat here- the grand total always includes the value of the various totals including tax of 
//each item, regardless of individual shop settings.  So I take the various Total incls, all the
//ot_customs, ot_loworderfees, and any ot_shipping value, and voila
if ((pid ==  'ot_custom') || (pid == 'ot_shipping') || (pid == 'ot_insurance') || (pid == 'ot_fixed_payment_chg') || (pid == 'p-total_incl') || (pid == 'ot_loworderfee')) {
sum += Number(el[i].value);
  }

Hi Stew and Hi to all other readers sho might know the solution.

i finally found Stew's post 1271 (page 64) in which advise with regard to admin comments toolbar 4.0

That contribution is very usefull to send pre-made comments to your customer with a click on a button.

I have installed Order Editor version order_editor_2_9_0_1.zip from 1st march and i try to add the admin comments bar.

Both are (but separately) working nicely on a fresh osC (060817) but when i add the comment bar like so:

</table>
		  </td>
		  <td class="main" width="10"> </td>
		  <td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('comments', 'soft', '40', '5', ''); ?></td>
		</tr>
	  </table>
	</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php include ("comment_bar.php"); ?></td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>
  </tr>
	<!-- End of Status Block -->

the edit_orders.php page stops loading in all my 3 browsers FF2.0.0.2, IE6 and Opera.

The last visible part on the page is the comment box from edit_orders.php.

No admin comments buttons are visible nor the last green bar from edit_orders and the oscommerce comments underneath.

The result of the last lines in edit_orders.php in view-source:

<td class="main"><b>Send comments:</b></td>
				<td class="main" align="right"><input type="checkbox" name="notify_comments"></td>
			  </tr>
			</table>
		  </td>
		  <td class="main" width="10"> </td>

<td class="main"><textarea name="comments" wrap="soft" cols="40" rows="5"></textarea></td>
		</tr>
	  </table>
	</td>
  </tr>
  <tr>
	<td>

The result in FireBug (FireFox) is this:

<tr>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
<table class="dataTableRow" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" border="0">
<tbody>
<tr class="dataTableHeadingRow">
</tr>
<tr>
<td>
</td>
<td class="main" width="10"/>
<td class="main">
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>  <<<<<< the missing content supposed to be shown here
<td/>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

The result in View Source Chart being the same:

<td class="main">
<textarea name="comments" wrap="soft" cols="40" rows="5">
</textarea>
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>		 <<<<  again no content being loaded
</td>
</tr>
</tbody>
</table>

Could you or anybody alse please advise what to do?

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."

Try

<tr>
   <td><?php require('comment_bar.php'); ?></td>
   </tr>

And see what happens then.

Also in admin/comment_bar.php delete

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<style type="text/css">
.cbutton { width: 90px; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9px; padding: 0px; background-color: #FFFFFC; border-bottom: 2px solid #003366; border-right: 1px solid #003366; border-top: 1px solid #003366; border-left: 1px solid #003366; cursor: pointer; cursor: hand; }
</style>

And then delete

</head>

and then put

.cbutton { width: 90px; font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9px; padding: 0px; background-color: #FFFFFC; border-bottom: 2px solid #003366; border-right: 1px solid #003366; border-top: 1px solid #003366; border-left: 1px solid #003366; cursor: pointer; cursor: hand; }

at the bottom of admin/includes/stylesheet.css

Oh my you are fast :)

sorry to say but require does not change anything.

did also the delete and transfer to stylesheet and no result.

last line is still <td>

any more options come to mind?

Oh my you are fast :)

sorry to say but require does not change anything.

did also the delete and transfer to stylesheet and no result.

last line is still <td>

any more options come to mind?

Strange- change

<tr>
   <td><?php require('comment_bar.php'); ?></td>
   </tr>

to

<tr>
   <td><?php require('comment_bar2.php'); ?></td>
   </tr>

and then at least you should get an error from the PHP saying there is no such file. If so, at least we'll know that the PHP is doing it's part in pulling the comment_bar.php file.

Thanks Stew for your reaction.

This code in the changed files as you proposed before:

<tr>
   </tr>

does not produce: no such file.

No sign of any buttons or anything else underneath the edit_orders comment text area

I found meanwhile that like so:

<tr>
	<td><?php 
die('I am really here');
require ('comment_bar.php'); ?></td>
  </tr>

it produces as last lines:

<tr>
	<td>I am really here

is this giving you a clue?

Thanks Stew for your reaction.

This code in the changed files as you proposed before:

<tr>
	</tr>

does not produce: no such file.

No sign of any buttons or anything else underneath the edit_orders comment text area

I found meanwhile that like so:

<tr>
	 <td><?php 
 die('I am really here');
require ('comment_bar.php'); ?></td>
   </tr>

it produces as last lines:

<tr>
	 <td>I am really here

is this giving you a clue?

Weird. Does it work in orders.php?

Make sure you have put

define('FILENAME_COMMENT_BAR', 'comment_bar.php');

into admin/includes/filenames.php.

I installed it and it shows up no problem.

You're using Internet Explorer- try to turn on script error notifications. In IE6 or IE7 go to Tools->Internet Options->Advanced tab->Browsing category->Check the box next to "Display a notification about every script error"->Hit Apply->Hit OK

Once you've done this, try again to add a product, and an error message should pop up along with the yellow triangle appearing in the status bar. Post what is written in the textbox portion of that window (the technical stuff like line numbers, etc).

Also if you have any other browsers on your computer such as Firefox or Opera try them as well.

The error messages

1) this one appears once I have confirmed the customers details and move to the edit orders page:

Line: 215

Char 45

Error syntax error

Code O

URL: http://www.red-onions.co.uk/admin/edit_orders.php?oLD=292

When I click on add product I get the following

Line 208

char 24

error: unterminated string constant

code: 0

URL:http://www.red-onions.co.uk/admin/edit_orders.php?oLD=292&action=add_product&step=1

Hope this helps

Daniel

Edited by torwoods

The error messages

1) this one appears once I have confirmed the customers details and move to the edit orders page:

Char 45

Error syntax error

Code O

URL: http://www.red-onions.co.uk/admin/edit_orders.php?oLD=292

Line 208

char 24

URL:http://www.red-onions.co.uk/admin/edit_orders.php?oLD=292&action=add_product&step=1

Hope this helps

Daniel

Also I did have to modify the orginal edit_order file including the code tep_db_query("set sql_big_selects=1"); to remove the SQL error The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay| sql = SELECT concat Error, anyway I have placed a copy of the file edit_order.php at http://www.red-onions.co.uk/zip/edit_orders.zip

The error messages

Char 45

Error syntax error

Code O

Line 208

char 24

Hope this helps

Daniel

Have you changed anything in the code or are you using everything straight out of the box?

The error messages

Char 45

Error syntax error

Code O

Hope this helps

Daniel

Given you have a syntax error on the regular edit orders page, there should be something that doesn't work, such as the payment dropdown, one or more of the tooltips, on the fly calcs, something. Is there anything you notice that doesn't work?

Edited by djmonkey1

Weird. Does it work in orders.php?

Make sure you have put

define('FILENAME_COMMENT_BAR', 'comment_bar.php');

into admin/includes/filenames.php.

I installed it and it shows up no problem.

I feel really really very stupid. i must have several times checked the wrong filenames.php. It's working now.

Thanks very much again.

I feel really really very stupid. i must have several times checked the wrong filenames.php. It's working now.

Thanks very much again.

No problem- you should have seen a bunch of errors because of that. You must have display_errors set to OFF. My two cents is to get it turned on as it makes it a lot easier to figure out things like this.

Given you have a syntax error on the regular edit orders page, there should be something that doesn't work, such as the payment dropdown, one or more of the tooltips, on the fly calcs, something. Is there anything you notice that doesn't work?

I haven't niced any other errors but then again I have only got to set one of the edit_order.php

Also I did have to modify the orginal edit_order file including the code tep_db_query("set sql_big_selects=1"); to remove the SQL error The SELECT would examine more than MAX_JOIN_SIZE rows; check your WHERE and use SET SQL_BIG_SELECTS=1 or SET SQL_MAX_JOIN_SIZE=# if the SELECT is okay| sql = SELECT concat Error, anyway I have placed a copy of the file edit_order.php at http://www.red-onions.co.uk/zip/edit_orders.zip

Daniel

I haven't niced any other errors but then again I have only got to set one of the edit_order.php

Daniel

I'm not familiar with the MySQL error you mentioned but I can say that the JavaScript section of the file you posted is a mess. All of the quotes have been changed to their HTML equivalents, which won't work.

You have to change all of the

"

back to

"

dj- just wanted to let you know that I figured out the shipping problem this morning- I'm embarrassed to say that somehow I had turned off shipping in the order totals module and once it got turned back on it worked perfectly. Now I'm having an issue with the credit card fields not showing up but it looks like you've got a fix for that in the newest package so hopefully that will square it away- thanks again!

dj- just wanted to let you know that I figured out the shipping problem this morning- I'm embarrassed to say that somehow I had turned off shipping in the order totals module and once it got turned back on it worked perfectly. Now I'm having an issue with the credit card fields not showing up but it looks like you've got a fix for that in the newest package so hopefully that will square it away- thanks again!

The most likely cause of problems with the cc info not displaying is this portion of the language definition file:

//ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD should be whatever is saved in your db as the payment method
//when your customer pays by Credit Card
define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD', 'Credit Card');

If, for instance, the credit card method on your site (the term that shows up in the payment method dropdown) is called "Credite" then you would have to have

//ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD should be whatever is saved in your db as the payment method
//when your customer pays by Credit Card
define('ENTRY_CREDIT_CARD', 'Credite');