• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

NEW! Complete Order Editing Tool!

jhilgeman

I'm still new to PHP/mySQL. I'm going to mod this Order Editing Tools. How to Run the following command on your MySQL database. I already open the myphpAdmin and don't find where to place the command. Please help.

###If you always or almost always charge tax on shipping,

###you may want to enter a different default value for shipping_tax,

###ie 16.0000 instead of 0.0000):

ALTER TABLE orders ADD shipping_tax DECIMAL( 7, 4 ) DEFAULT '0.000' NOT NULL ;

INSERT into configuration (configuration_id, configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function) values ('', 'Order Editor- Display Payment Method dropdown?', 'DISPLAY_PAYMENT_METHOD_DROPDOWN', 'true', 'Display Payment Method in Order Editor as dropdown menu (true) or as input field (false)', '1', '21', NULL, '2006-04-02 11:51:01', NULL, 'tep_cfg_select_option(array(\'true\', \'false\'),');

Edited by prestige2u

I'm still new to PHP/mySQL. I'm going to mod this Order Editing Tools. How to Run the following command on your MySQL database. I already open the myphpAdmin and don't find where to place the command. Please help.

Many versions of phpMyAdmin will have a "SQL" tab at the top of the page, in the right frame. You may have to click on the database name at the top of the right frame to see the tabs. Different versions have different setups.

Do, or do not. There is no try.

Order Editor 5.0.6 "Ultra Violet" is now available!

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

Check the orders_total table in the database for an order that has this problem and find the "class" value for the subtotal component. Usually it's ot_subtotal but it sounds like you're using something different.

Hi,

I just installed order_editor_2.9.0.1 and have some update problems.

I think it's better to post pictures than trying to explain what happens but I'm not able to paste them in this place so if you want them by PM, let me know.

To make it short, there is no recalculation of subtotal BUT if I modify every occurences of ot_subtotal by the ot module name I use (ot_total_ht, a specific one detailing total without any taxes, that's mandatory in france), on the fly updates occurs but are wrong.

To have e-o working as it should, there's a workaround but it makes it unusable (in my opinion) : delete every products then reload them. All will be OK. This means there are some pbs between stored data already in the db and the data collected by the contribution.

Putting this aside, some hints are not displayed. I checked for typos but didn't saw anything. It seems related to the hint's length since as soon as I short them, they appear !!?? Modifying the size of the box or the font-size has no effect, neither do have accentuated chars.

BTW, I entirely translated it in french so if you want it ...

TIA

Check the orders_total table in the database for an order that has this problem and find the "class" value for the subtotal component. Usually it's ot_subtotal but it sounds like you're using something different.

Hi,

I think it's better to post pictures than trying to explain what happens but I'm not able to paste them in this place so if you want them by PM, let me know.

To make it short, there is no recalculation of subtotal BUT if I modify every occurences of ot_subtotal by the ot module name I use (ot_total_ht, a specific one detailing total without any taxes, that's mandatory in france), on the fly updates occurs but are wrong.

To have e-o working as it should, there's a workaround but it makes it unusable (in my opinion) : delete every products then reload them. All will be OK. This means there are some pbs between stored data already in the db and the data collected by the contribution.

Putting this aside, some hints are not displayed. I checked for typos but didn't saw anything. It seems related to the hint's length since as soon as I short them, they appear !!?? Modifying the size of the box or the font-size has no effect, neither do have accentuated chars.

TIA

Many versions of phpMyAdmin will have a "SQL" tab at the top of the page, in the right frame. You may have to click on the database name at the top of the right frame to see the tabs. Different versions have different setups.

Thanks.

At first, I tried to run the command in SQL pane but keep give me a webpage error. I thought, I was in the wrong place. That was why I asked. When I tried several time after that, the command was successful. Now, the mod is already installed in my OSC.

Thank you again.

Thanks.

At first, I tried to run the command in SQL pane but keep give me a webpage error. I thought, I was in the wrong place. That was why I asked. When I tried several time after that, the command was successful. Now, the mod is already installed in my OSC.

Thank you again.

TIA

Please be more specific about this. Subtotal is wrong, total is wrong, etc? Too high, too low, by what amount....

I'm not sure this makes sense. What happens if you hit the update buttong without deleting and reloading products? On the fly calculations are not at all related to any information stored in the database.

TIA

The length of the quote shouldn't make any difference, but you can't have any apostrophes (') in the hints. Make sure you don't have any apostrophes, quotes, double-quotes, etc, in the hint text, then see if it works.

For support or to post comments, suggestions, etc, please visit the Order Editor support thread.

First off there needs to be a field in the database where this number can be stored. If there can only ever be one of these numbers per order I would recommend it be added to the orders table.

Isn't it possible to just put the reference number in the comments?

can you provide a simple sql query that would add this alt invoice to the orders table.. and then how i would add code to edit this field

i dont want to add to the comments bc i would like it more visiable than somewhere in comments.. and i do not print with comments

thanks!!!

First of, thank you for such a great support

subtotal is wrong, total is wrong, etc? Too high, too low, by what amount....

Let say you open the order edition window and have 1 product with a total (excl) of 41.80, a tax rate of 19.6, a total value (incl) of 50.00.

subtotal (excl) : 41.81

tax : 8.19

subtotal (incl) : 50.00

shipping : 7.00

insurance : 2.10

total (incl) : 59.10

Now, you modify the qty by 2, your new values are then

subtotal (excl) : 100.00

total (incl) : 107.00

I'm not sure this makes sense. What happens if you hit the update buttong without deleting and reloading products? On the fly calculations are not at all related to any information stored in the database.

Now, if I clic the update button, I get

tax : 16.39

total (incl) : 259.10

It's not absolutely true but consider shipping as a fixed cost

Remember that I changed all occurences of ot_subtotal to ot_total_ht

I forgot to mention that I modifed the line 313 of catalog/admin/edit_orders.php to :

if($ot_class == "ot_shipping" || $ot_class == "ot_insurance")//a good place to add in custom total components

The length of the quote shouldn't make any difference, but you can't have any apostrophes (') in the hints. Make sure you don't have any apostrophes, quotes, double-quotes, etc, in the hint text, then see if it works.

You got it, I forgot the quotes problem. Well, in french we often use them, so the text will look strange but that's not important since it's the admin part ..

can you provide a simple sql query that would add this alt invoice to the orders table.. and then how i would add code to edit this field

i dont want to add to the comments bc i would like it more visiable than somewhere in comments.. and i do not print with comments

thanks!!!

ALTER TABLE orders ADD reference_number VARCHAR( 40 ) DEFAULT NULL NULL;

First of, thank you for such a great support

Let say you open the order edition window and have 1 product with a total (excl) of 41.80, a tax rate of 19.6, a total value (incl) of 50.00.

subtotal (excl) : 41.81

Now, you modify the qty by 2, your new values are then

You said you changed all instances of ot_subtotal to ot_total_ht, which is fine, but here you show two different subtotals. I'm taking it subtotal (excl) is ot_total_ht and subtotal (incl) is represented by something else, probably ot_subtotal. So you're getting subtotal (excl) is actually subtotal (incl) and subtotal (incl) isn't calculating at all. Based on that I'd say change all the ot_total_ht back to ot_subtotal because then at least subtotal (incl) would be correct.

Now, if I clic the update button, I get

tax : 16.39

total (incl) : 259.10

Here it gets more interesting because the total is somehow counting your ot_total_ht twice then counting the other subtotal as a separate component and throwing in the shipping and insurance.

It's not absolutely true but consider shipping as a fixed cost

Remember that I changed all occurences of ot_subtotal to ot_total_ht

I forgot to mention that I modifed the line 313 of catalog/admin/edit_orders.php to :

if($ot_class == "ot_shipping" || $ot_class == "ot_insurance")//a good place to add in custom total components

You have Display Prices with Tax set to 'true', therefore, OE, based on the change you just stated, calculates both shipping and insurance as including tax.

Anyway, please change OE back to how it was originally, it will be far easier for me to help sort this out with an untouched edit_orders.php as a starting point. Once you've done that let me know how many order total components the orders will have (ie, two different subtotals, etc) and also if you have any other interesting settings such as Display Prices with Tax set to true but shipping charges are not considered to include tax or anything like that.

Anyway, please change OE back to how it was originally, it will be far easier for me to help sort this out with an untouched edit_orders.php as a starting point.

OK, I reinstalled plain vanilla edit_orders.php and here are the results while doing the same operations I did in my previous post (1 product with a total (excl) of 41.80, a tax rate of 19.6, a total value (incl) of 50.00).

total_ht (excl) : 41.81

After setting qty to 2

total_ht (excl) : 41.81 (no recalculation at all)

subtotal (incl) : 100.00

Once you've done that let me know how many order total components the orders will have (ie, two different subtotals, etc) and also if you have any other interesting settings such as Display Prices with Tax set to true but shipping charges are not considered to include tax or anything like that.

DisplayPrice with Tax is set to True

Shipping charges are not considered to include tax (though our local IRS could tell me I'm wrong doing this but that's another story).

I will need the following ot_ modules in this order (sometimes all of them, sometimes only some of them) :

- ot_total_ht (subtotal (excl))

- ot_tax

- ot_subtotal (incl)

- ot_fixed_payment_chg (used for COD (incl))

- ot_loworderfee (incl)

- ot_shipping (incl)

- ot_insurance (shipping insurance (incl))

- ot_total (incl)

Are the things clearer for you ? It's far from easy to understand what happens having this media only :-)

with this entered into sql.. how do i go about adding code so i can do:.

edit it..

view it in invoice and packing slip

In admin/includes/classes/oe_order.php change

'cc_expires' => $order['cc_expires'],
						   'shipping_tax' => $order['shipping_tax'],

to

'cc_expires' => $order['cc_expires'],
						   'reference_number' => $order['reference_number'],
						   'shipping_tax' => $order['shipping_tax'],

Next in admin/edit_orders.php change

cc_expires = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_expires']) . "',
	   shipping_tax = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_shipping_tax']) . "'";

to

cc_expires = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_info_cc_expires']) . "',
	   reference_number = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_reference_number']) . "',
	   shipping_tax = '" . tep_db_prepare_input($_POST['update_shipping_tax']) . "'";

The last step is to have somewhere on the page to edit the field. Personally I would put it before telephone number; to do this insert

<tr class="dataTableRow"> 
			 <td class="dataTableContent" valign="middle" align="right">Reference number:</td>
			 <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name="update_reference_number" size="15" value="<?php echo $order->info['reference_number']; ?>"></td>
		   </tr>

before

<tr class="dataTableRow"> 
			 <td class="dataTableContent" valign="middle" align="right"><?php echo ENTRY_TELEPHONE_NUMBER; ?></td>
			 <td colspan="3" valign="top" class="dataTableContent"><input name="update_customer_telephone" size="15" value="<?php echo $order->customer['telephone']; ?>"></td>
		   </tr>

The changes for invoice and packing slip are similar to this, just make sure you also update the order class.

OK, I reinstalled plain vanilla edit_orders.php and here are the results while doing the same operations I did in my previous post (1 product with a total (excl) of 41.80, a tax rate of 19.6, a total value (incl) of 50.00).

total_ht (excl) : 41.81

After setting qty to 2

total_ht (excl) : 41.81 (no recalculation at all)

subtotal (incl) : 100.00

DisplayPrice with Tax is set to True

Shipping charges are not considered to include tax (though our local IRS could tell me I'm wrong doing this but that's another story).

I will need the following ot_ modules in this order (sometimes all of them, sometimes only some of them) :

- ot_total_ht (subtotal (excl))

- ot_tax

- ot_subtotal (incl)

- ot_fixed_payment_chg (used for COD (incl))

- ot_loworderfee (incl)

- ot_shipping (incl)

- ot_insurance (shipping insurance (incl))

- ot_total (incl)

Are the things clearer for you ? It's far from easy to understand what happens having this media only :-)

Here we go:

In admin/edit_orders.php change

// 1.3 UPDATE PRODUCTS #####
						 $RunningSubTotal = 0;
						 $RunningTax = array($default_tax_name => 0);

to

// 1.3 UPDATE PRODUCTS #####
						 $RunningSubTotal = 0;
						 $RunningSubTotalHT = 0;

Then change

//update subtotal and total during update function
								 if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX == 'true') {
								 $RunningSubTotal += (($products_details['tax']/100 + 1) * ($products_details['qty'] * $products_details['final_price'])); 
								 } else {
								 $RunningSubTotal += $products_details["qty"] * $products_details["final_price"];
								 }

to

//update subtotal and total during update function

$RunningSubTotal += (($products_details['tax']/100 + 1) * ($products_details['qty'] * $products_details['final_price'])); 

$RunningSubTotalHT += $products_details["qty"] * $products_details["final_price"];

Then change

extract($total_details,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"ot");
								 if($ot_class == "ot_shipping")//a good place to add in custom total components

to

extract($total_details,EXTR_PREFIX_ALL,"ot");
								 if(($ot_class == "ot_shipping") || ($ot_class == "ot_fixed_payment_chg") || ($ot_class == "ot_low_order_fee") || ($ot_class == "ot_insurance"))//a good place to add in custom total components-remove any component that does not include tax

Then change

if ($ot_class == "ot_subtotal") {
								 $ot_value = $RunningSubTotal;
							 }

to

if ($ot_class == "ot_subtotal") {
								 $ot_value = $RunningSubTotal;
							 }
							 if ($ot_class == "ot_total_ht") {
								 $ot_value = $RunningSubTotalHT;
							 }

Then change

if (!trim($ot_value) && ($ot_class != "ot_shipping") && ($ot_class != "ot_subtotal") && ($ot_class != "ot_total")) { // value = 0 => Delete Total Piece

to

if (!trim($ot_value) && ($ot_class != "ot_shipping") && ($ot_class != "ot_subtotal") && ($ot_class != "ot_total_ht") && ($ot_class != "ot_total")) { // value = 0 => Delete Total Piece

Then change

// 2.2.2 Calculate Tax and Sub-Totals
				 $order = new oe_order($oID);
				 $RunningSubTotal = 0;

to

// 2.2.2 Calculate Tax and Sub-Totals
				 $order = new oe_order($oID);
				 $RunningSubTotal = 0;
				 $RunningSubTotalHT = 0;

Then change

//just adding in shipping tax, don't mind me
		   $ot_shipping_query = tep_db_query("
		   SELECT value 
		   FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " 
		   WHERE orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'
		   AND class = 'ot_shipping'");

to

//just adding in shipping tax, don't mind me
		   $ot_shipping_query = tep_db_query("
		   SELECT value 
		   FROM " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " 
		   WHERE orders_id = '" . (int)$oID . "'
		   AND (class = 'ot_shipping' OR class = 'ot_insurance' OR class = 'ot_fixed_payment_chg' OR class = 'ot_low_order_fee')");

Then change

// This calculatiion of Subtotal and Tax is part of the 'add a product' process
		 $RunningSubTotal += (($order->products[$i]['tax'] / 100 + 1) * ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['final_price']));
		 } else {
		 $RunningSubTotal += ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['final_price']);
		 }

to

// This calculation of Subtotal and Tax is part of the 'add a product' process

$RunningSubTotal += (($order->products[$i]['tax'] / 100 + 1) * ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['final_price']));

$RunningSubTotalHT += ($order->products[$i]['qty'] * $order->products[$i]['final_price']);

Then change

// 2.2.2.2 Sub-Total
		   $Query = 'UPDATE ' . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . ' SET
			   text = "' . $currencies->format($RunningSubTotal, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '",
			   value = "' . $RunningSubTotal . '"
			   WHERE class="ot_subtotal" 
			   AND orders_id= "' . (int)$oID . '"';
		   tep_db_query($Query);

// 2.2.2.3 Total
		   $Query = 'SELECT sum(value) 
		   AS total_value from ' . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . '
		   WHERE class != "ot_total" 
		   AND class != "ot_tax" 
		   $result = tep_db_query($Query);
		   $row = tep_db_fetch_array($result);
		   $Total = $row['total_value'];

to

// 2.2.2.2 Sub-Total
		   $Query = 'UPDATE ' . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . ' SET
			   text = "' . $currencies->format($RunningSubTotal, true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) . '",
			   value = "' . $RunningSubTotal . '"
			   WHERE class="ot_subtotal" 
		   tep_db_query($Query);

$Query2 = 'UPDATE ' . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . ' SET
				 text = "' . $currencies->format($RunningSubTotalHT,  true, $order->info['currency'], $order->info['currency_value']) .  '",
				 value = "' . $RunningSubTotalHT . '"
				 WHERE class="ot_total_ht" 
			 tep_db_query($Query2);

// 2.2.2.3 Total
		   $Query = 'SELECT sum(value) 
		   AS total_value from ' . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . '
		   WHERE class != "ot_total" 
		   AND class != "ot_total_ht"
		   AND class != "ot_tax" 
		   $result = tep_db_query($Query);
		   $row = tep_db_fetch_array($result);
		   $Total = $row['total_value'];

And see how it behaves then.

I.......

The changes for invoice and packing slip are similar to this, just make sure you also update the order class.

hi dj monkey...

thanks for the help.. its worked wonderfully.. though i am still trying to add it to print in invoice and packingslip.. very green.. and treading lightly..

I am having a problem with order editor, I have installed the editor as pre the instructions onto a new shop, can can open and order and click edit, all works fine up to here then when I select add product I get a screen with one box at the top asking for me to type to see possible matches, when I enter the title of a product into this box and press enter I a returned to the smae screen, Can anybody help as this is could be a great feature

Daniel

And see how it behaves then.

I did all the code changes.

1) If I set qty to 2 ... there's no recalculation on the fly ??? I mean NOTHING happens. All values are the same they were with qty set to 1 ???

2) If I click on Update, I get

total_ht (excl) : 83.61 (OK)

tax : 16.39 (OK)

subtotal (incl) : 100.00 (OK)

shipping : 7.00 (OK)

insurance : 2.10 (OK)

total (incl) : 192.71 (NOT OK since tax is not included)

I have never been so closed to the solution

Thank you very much for your help

I am having a problem with order editor, I have installed the editor as pre the instructions onto a new shop, can can open and order and click edit, all works fine up to here then when I select add product I get a screen with one box at the top asking for me to type to see possible matches, when I enter the title of a product into this box and press enter I a returned to the smae screen, Can anybody help as this is could be a great feature

Daniel

Don't hit Enter- click on one of the links that should appear to the right of the box you type in.

I did all the code changes.

1) If I set qty to 2 ... there's no recalculation on the fly ??? I mean NOTHING happens. All values are the same they were with qty set to 1 ???

That's strange. I would have thought that everything would update except for the total_ht.

2) If I click on Update, I get

total_ht (excl) : 83.61 (OK)

tax : 16.39 (OK)

subtotal (incl) : 100.00 (OK)

shipping : 7.00 (OK)

insurance : 2.10 (OK)

total (incl) : 192.71 (NOT OK since tax is not included)

I have never been so closed to the solution

Thank you very much for your help

It looks to me like the final total should be 109.10.

Change

if ($ot_class == "ot_tax") {

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX != 'true') { 
				   //we don't add tax to the total here because it's already added to the subtotal
					   $RunningTotal += $ot_value;
					   }
					   } else {
					   }

to

if ($ot_class == "ot_tax") {

if (DISPLAY_PRICE_WITH_TAX != 'true') { 
				   //we don't add tax to the total here because it's already added to the subtotal
					   }
					   } else {
					   if ($ot_class != "ot_total_ht") {
					   }
					   }

hi dj monkey...

thanks for the help.. its worked wonderfully.. though i am still trying to add it to print in invoice and packingslip.. very green.. and treading lightly..

hmm i have tried in.. admin/invoice.php to get the reference number to print with this command

<?php echo $order->info['reference_number']; ?>

but this isnt working.. could you please give me the heads up on what i am doing wrong djmonkey...

thanks for your time!!!!! its great that you're putting so much time and effort in helping us all.

hmm i have tried in.. admin/invoice.php to get the reference number to print with this command

<?php echo $order->info['reference_number']; ?>

but this isnt working.. could you please give me the heads up on what i am doing wrong djmonkey...

thanks for your time!!!!! its great that you're putting so much time and effort in helping us all.

Either there isn't a number stored in the database to be echo'd, or the order class (admin/includes/classes/order.php) hasn't been modified properly to pull the reference number from the database. You have to do the step just as in modifying the oe_order class file, but in the standard order class you may also have to modify the $order_query.

Either there isn't a number stored in the database to be echo'd, or the order class (admin/includes/classes/order.php) hasn't been modified properly to pull the reference number from the database. You have to do the step just as in modifying the oe_order class file, but in the standard order class you may also have to modify the $order_query.

sorry djmonkey with such troubling and yet most likely simple issues too you..

i have as you say edited into the (admin/includes/classes/order.php) with adding reference_number' => $order['reference_number']; into the last reference of $this->info = array(.....)

now as for pulling...... i am unsure of that.. in the admin/orders.php i have it pulled as.. <?php echo tep_db_input($order->info['reference_number']); ?>

is that wrong????

i am sorry but i am not sure what you mean by modifying $order_query......

and i have checked in sql.. the data has been stored so it should be able to echo it.. if you can assist in advising on how to pull the reference and possibly modifying the $order_query..

cheers