• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Remove "New products for ..." at front page

jbroomfield

Hi, I searched the forum regarding this problem, and could not find any postings... so here it goes.

How do I remove the entire box containing "New products for ..." ? What is the best way to go about removing the whole thing? Thanks in advance.

Jonathan

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don?t.

In catalog/index.php in 2 places around line 121 and 313

Comment out

<td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

like this

<td><?php //include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>

HTH

The_Bear

Thanks for the tip. However, it only solves half the problem I have.

I have a background, and since the table that contains the "New Products for..." box is not removed, it blocks the intended background. My URL is www.travopass.com once you see it you will know what I mean. Any further help on this will be much appreciated.

Jonathan

There are only 10 types of people in this world: those that understand binary and those that don?t.

No. If you see the url that I have provided, my background is partially blocked by the table, which has no background.

No, that is not what is happening. What is happening is that the background is in an element that is only that tall. There is nothing in front of it--that's all the taller it is. In the same element that you set the background, you also need to set the height or minheight to the height of the background, so that it will display the whole thing.

Hth,

Matt

If I want to remove the "new products" box table from the whole site, is there a "switch" I can flip, or do I need to comment out lines in multiple pages?

If mulitple pages, which ones?

Thanks!

:)

Archived