• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

database problem

Fiddlin

I've been blessed with a smooth transition into oscommerce, with essentail mods added without many problems..but for a database issue I could use a second opinion.

When I added my first category, I get this in the catalog when accessing it (no products yet):

1054 - Unknown column 'cd.categories_heading_title' in 'field list'

select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = '2' and cd.categories_id = '2' and cd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Any idea why is it trying to access a table "categories c"? Shouldn't this just be "categories"?

No, c is an alias for categories and cd is an alias for categories_description in this query (otherwise, you would have to write categories.categories_image, for example). From the error, it looks like the Category Description contribution is only half installed. The code is there but the database changes are unfinished. Check if you have a table named categories_description. If not, you need to add it. If you do, you need to add a column to it named categories_heading_title.

Hth,

Matt

Archived