• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

category images doing wierd things

When I add new category images in the admin I get broken images. When I go back under the category images box it gives a path /tmp/phpZ5ff0J. In other words the category images and only the catgory images are trying to be stored in that directory which does not exist. Product images upload fine.

anyone? Kinda Wierd huh? :?

When it first uploads the file, it uses a temporary file that it creates randomly, which starts php and then has a random selection of numbers and letters. This file is stored in the /tmp directory. For some reason, it is using the tmp_name as the filename, which is odd...

If you try uploading a product image (i.e. one of the images that you were able to upload successfully on the add product page) as a category image (i.e on the add category page), does it work? How about if you try uploading a category image as a product image?

Hth,

Matt

No it doesnt work no matter what kind of image it is. When adding a product, that image upload always works fine but adding a category image it always trys to upload to that temp directory. If I try to upload a product image as a category image it still trys to go to that temp directory.

What version of osCommerce were you using? In particular, was it from after the switch to the upload class for images? Or before?

Thanks,

Matt

• 3 weeks later...

I , too, am having weird category image problems.

I have completed a site for a client and everything looks fine. I went to go see the site again last week by clicking on some random links.

I saw that the category pics on the page that says: "Let's See What We Have Here," the images are broken...so I looked at the filename and uploaded it again.

Then I checked again today, and they are broken AGAIN! At first I thought someone was playing tricks on me! Only teo of the pics work and I've noticed that they end in "_pic.jpg", unlike the other pics which just "name.jpg" I checked the directory and there are no such file by somthing_pic.jpg. I don't understand!

Can anyone tell me WHY OSC wants to use _pic.jpg for the category images AND WHY it changes the name (if it does in fact do this?)

This site is for a client and I cannot afford to have this cart do crazy things like this...can someone HELP please??!!!

ANY help would be gratly appreciated!

Thank you!

I am using ms2. The problem came up after the mod was added but not right away so I'm not sure its because of that.
I looked at the contribution code. The problem is that it is using the old tep_get_uploaded function rather than the new class. I'm surprised that it isn't actually throwing an error.

In other words, the contribution won't work with MS2. What you are getting is the actual temporary file from the initial upload. The upload class then moves that file to the correct place.

Sorry,

Matt

Does anyone know how to fix my issue? I am using 2.2 MS1. I also noticed that the header image the cart is using is different from what I originally had. It is using the "old" image I had updated a while back.

Anyone know how I can keep OSC from changing my images PLEASE??!! :cry:

Now i see my catalog/admin is all messed up, images are not showing up and it says that the images folder is not writeable.

Anyone know where I can download 2.2 MS1???? I can't find it on the osCommerce site!

Archived