• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Brand New Question

Hello all

I am a Newbie to the form. i have a hosting service and use cPanel 5? can someone tell me how to get the osCommerce CGI script Addon?

Is there a good place to start? like installing tips, any help would be great!

Oh yea by the way I don't know anything about CGI scripts AT ALL. So i need the beginning steps.

Thanks in advance

Robert

Super Newbie

If you have the Blue Lagoon skin (I believe there are a few other as well), there should be a button to install osCommerce. Do not use it.

Instead just create a new mysql database and add a user to it.

Go to the downloads section and download the MS2 release or CVS if you feel adventurous to your local computer.

Decompress that file and read the readme or install file. Then using an FTP program, upload the catalog folder (or just it's contents if you do not want to have to use mydomain.com/catalog in the url) to your public_html folder.

From there run the install script.

For documentation, reference the wiki documentation. It should walk you through everything.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Glad to help :)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Archived