• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Authorize.net & tax on shipping

I have had the authorize.net module working since Feburary. It has worked nicely. Except we recently discovered that it is not charging our customers for tax on shipping.

In OSC, the invoice correctly charges the consumer the taxes associated with the shipping, but when the amount is sent to authorize.net the amount of tax on the shipping is not included.

For example:

A purchaser will think they are being charged $23.25 for an item. This will be reflected in the store and the invoice, but when it passes to authorize.net. The amount will only be for $22.88.

Does anyone have any ideas? I have looked high and low in these forums, but I have not found a solution.

Thank you in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

I also use authorize.net. I think maybe your tax zones are not setup right. I have no problem with authorize.net they always charge the same amount that was billed in the invoice. Maybe we can compare code and go from there??

Shane Miller

http://special-things.net

Shane A. Miller

OWNER

www.Special-Things.Net

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
hi there

I'm having the exact same problem. I'll look at the tax codes and post any interesting results

-jachin

I am also having the same problem with the taxes not being charged on authorize.net's side. The total for the invoice in Oscommerce is correct, however the amount being charged at authorize.net does nt include the taxes. Anyone know how to fix this problem? If so please post...

• 9 months later...

I am also having the same problem but with both Paypal and Secpay. Any thoughts?

I am also having the same problem with the taxes not being charged on authorize.net's side. The total for the invoice in Oscommerce is correct, however the amount being charged at authorize.net does nt include the taxes. Anyone know how to fix this problem? If so please post...

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem with PayFlow Pro (formerly Verisign).

It does not carry forward the tax portion of shipping charges.

It has nothing to do with the setup of taxes because the shop has been working well for 3 years now.

The problem started when our customers started using the cc gateway.

Archived