• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

installation problem

tommygunner

I am installing OScommerce now on my new server and am having some problems. I am installing latest version Mileston2.

When I get to step 7 I get a bunch of error like:

Warning: fopen(/var/www/html/Scripts/osc/includes/configure.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/Scripts/osc/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 209

Warning: fputs(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /var/www/html/Scripts/osc/catalog/install/templates/pages/install_7.php on line 210

etc.

Then at bottom it says The configuration was successful! but when I go to click on catalog or administration tool at bottom, they both take me back to the first install page.

I read the wiki and changed permissions for the config files to 777. What am I doing wrong here?

• 1 month later...

Well, problem I had was I uploaded entire osc directory and pointed it to wrong directory.. You only need to upload the one with /catalog directory.

If you get other errors during installation, it may be that all files were not uploaded properly or were uploaded in wrong format such as binary instead of ascii.

Archived