• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

USPS - receiving error

phamtastic

I created an account with USPS api and inputted my username and password into oscommerce. I then e-mailed usps and said I was using a pretested api and that I was ready for production. They then e-mailed me back saying I had access to their production servers.

Am I missing a steup? I thought I setup the usps shipping correctly, but perhaps not. I get this error when I go through checkout:

"An error occured with the USPS shipping calculations.

If you prefer to use USPS as your shipping method, please contact the store owner."

I'm using a fresh install of the MS1 release of oscommerce. Any help would of course be appreciated. Thanks

-Henry

Hello Folks

After 3 days and speaking with 5 different people at USPS I finally figured out the solutions to this problem which as a new member I was having also.

First you want to call the number which was provide in the email USPS sent you containing your user Id and password.

The numberis 1-800-344-7779 (7:00AM - 11:00PM.)

Make sure your information has been transfered to the Production Server.

They will send you an email with the Production Server address but it will be incorrect.... as will the information they will provide over the phone. After dealing with them for 3 days I sensed they do this on purpose because we chose to use a third party provider As soon as I told them I use OsCommerce they said I would need to contact them (Os) for further insrtuction to activate my USPS account. None of the 5 people at USPS would ever give me the correct answer to our problem. Matter a fact I received 3 different answers from the 5 people at USPS.

Anywauy type this into OS url box:

http://Production.ShippingAPIs.com/ShippingAPI.dll

It worked for me today and I hope it will work for you.

Try to have abetterday than yesterday!

Archived