• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini

kucing

i have this error massage FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it! when trying to open any php file in the following directoryhttp://localhost/oscommerce-2.2ms2/catalog/

1) Do a search on your harddisk for "Php.ini"

2) Open it, and search for "register_globals", set it to "On".

Done.

Good Luck. :D

how do you import your osCommerce into your sql database?what file name actually i can put in myphpadmin?

Follow the installation process screen, it will import for you. Have you read the installation guide yet?

Good Luck. :)

If you are on a MSWin platform try looking for php.ini in the windowssystem or system directory (working on OSX at the moment so can't be 100%). The files you mention are copies; not your 'live' ini file . On OSX your look for php.ini using Termnal: /usr/local/php/lib

:)

I changed both php INI.DIST file and php INI.RECOMMENDED file and set all register_globals from off to on and still have error massage when opening a page in my localhost

php INI.DIST file and php INI.RECOMMENDED

But you need to find php.ini.......

I also have this message. I notice that the message is hard coded and I cannot find a file called php.ini anywhere.

I have restored a back-up but I still have the problem.

Can anyone please help.

Mark

I have been trying to find this file all day.

I am a hosting reseller using 1fasthost they ahve a plesk administrator interface.

Can someone tell me hoe to find the file php.ini?

Thanks

I would normally look in /etc, but it could be somewhere else. You could also ask your hosting company. They may not let normal users see it.

You might find some more suggestions by searching for *phpinfo*.

Hth,

Matt

• 2 years later...

I am having the same problem. I receive this message just like the other folks who have been writing:

FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it

I've researched this for the past three days, and I can't find an answer in how to resolve this issue. Can someone please help? Please?

Let me add I can't even find the php.ini file. I've searched all over tarnation and I can't find it.

Thank you, kbf.

Okay, let's clear up a few points all at once.

If you are using osCommerce on a local install on your computer, and the computer uses a Windows operating system (98, 2000, XP etc) then you will find the php.ini file in c:\windows

If your site is hosted then you may (or you may NOT) have a local php.ini file that you have access to, somewhere like etc/php.ini

However, even if you have a local php.ini file this will get overwritten by the main server-wide php.ini file every time that is altered by your hosting company. So - install the Register Globals Patch Files - link below my name.

Anything you do in php.ini on your own computer won't affect an online website - because your own php.ini file is for your computer only.

Vger

Archived