• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Attributes contribution - loading steps

My only experience with using a contribution was Easy Populate - so bear with me.

I do not see a .exe file or something similar, although there are some folders and .php files (which I can't open). The ReadMe file doesn't seem to give step-by-step instructions, so I'm not sure how to begin.

Has someone loaded this recently, and thus can tell me where I can find the loading instructions?

Thanks!

The contribution will usually only have .php files, images, sql files and readme files.

I'm not sure which contribution you are trying to install but I'm sure the readme will outline whatyou have to do.

The contributions are usually addon and not programs (ie. no exe's) and they either involve uploading new files to your OSC site via FTP or editing existing files with the info in the readme.

For more sophisticated contributions they may need SQL table changes and this is what the sql files are for. The easiest way to 'install' these is to use a program called phpmyadmin (do a search on google for link).

Hope this helps.

.php files can be opened with almost any text editor, if they won't open at all you may need to re-download the package and extract it again.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

I got them to open now - not sure what the problem was to begin with.

I notice there are several folders & files - do they all have unique instructions that are critical to the copier/sorter working? Or does the ReadMe steps all I need to follow (one page vs. 10+files?). Then, my uneducated question about the ReadMe is that when it says "add..." - where do I add it, or does it not matter. The Easy Populate instructions clearly said "in this file after xxx add yyy" - I can't find those kind of instructions for the attributes.

Thank you for the info - I really appreciate it.

Linda's contributions assume that you have added other contributions and that you have a certain level of knowledge. I will be adding the Downloads controller later and will try and post some instructions unless someone beats me to it.

I cannot tell you what the iinstructions mean until I see them.

[no external urls in signatures please, kthanks]

Well, that woud explain why this appears to be written in Greek to me. Have you had any time to put together some instructions? I'm really only looking for the basic copying of the attributes, since all of our products will be the same (S, M, L, XL, XXL). Not to mention we will end up with ~5,000 products when we are fully up and running in the next several months.

Thank you - I appreaciate the help you give some of us that are just learning.