• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Looking 4 Merchant Acct advice & I only need it for 3 mo

GaryM

I've been trying to lock down the best way to take CC's at my OSC store, and I'm having as much trouble as everybody else in making the decision. But the newest twist for me is the concept of the year long contracts.

My online store is seasonal and I only need to be open from Aug-Oct. I just noticed that some (most?) of the merchant accounts listed require a 1-3year contract (including monthly payments) or they'll charge you a fee to leave early.

I had looked at Echo because they don't charge you for months that there are no transactions, but then I read a thread where somebody claimed they were going to charge a $750 startup fee or something.

Besides that I was looking at WellsFargo/Authroize and Costco (somebody said Costco is a 3yr contract and WellsF is a 1-year)

With the recurring fees and long contracts, I might be better off going with a higher priced plan with no long term contract.

Any advice for me?

Thanks

Have you ever gotten any help from these forums? Be part of the community and help out by answering a question or 2.

Pass on what you know about OSC to someone who needs help.

I just spoke with ECHO and they say they have $99 set up fee, $19.95 a month waived if no activity,30 cents trans fee and they are month to month.

ECHO Electronic Clearing House, Inc. (800 233-0406)

Archived