• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

"Top" URL

I am changing the text in the header bar, but I want to rename "top" to "Check Pam's Other Sites" with a link to a site -- I can rename it, but where do I place the new URL?

Edit the catalog (cart)/includes/application_top.php file and approx. line 466 should be

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

To change the text, you will need to edit the catalog (cart)/includes/languages/english.php file and change the HEADER_TITLE_TOP define.

To change the link replace the second parameter, HTTP_SERVER, with the link that you want.

You would be better off adding this to the Information infobox located in the bottom-left corner as this is the more appropriate place for it. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

After 20 minutes of searching, I added it to English.php but it won't show up, and there is no where to tell it what URL to go to.

Like Jim said,

In application_top.php find

$breadcrumb->add(HEADER_TITLE_TOP, HTTP_SERVER);

but this time change to

$breadcrumb->add('Check Pam's Other Sites', tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode('www.pamsothersites.com'), 'NONSSL', true, false));

Go on give it a go, but back up before you try :D

Reddy to Rumble

Thank you osCommerce and all who Contribute to her!

But but but

I already commented out 'top' ....

I'm trying to add my link to the information box now, and added the line in english.php, but it won't show, and I can't find anywhere to link it to.

in boxes/information.php

where you find the lines looking like

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SHIPPING, '', 'NONSSL') . '">' . BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING . '</a><br>' .

insert this line

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode('www.pamsothersites.com'), 'NONSSL', true, false) . '">Check Pam's other sites</a><br>' .

Reddy to Rumble

Thank you osCommerce and all who Contribute to her!

And, what is the secret to having the text show? I put it in english.php but it doesn't want to come out of hiding .... is this one of those 'oh, the file is in two places and Pam again changed it in the wrong directory?' situations?

:)

This, btw, is how english.php looks -- I added in one single line:

// information box text in includes/boxes/information.php

define('BOX_HEADING_INFORMATION', 'Information');

define('BOX_INFORMATION_PRIVACY', 'Privacy Notice');

define('BOX_INFORMATION_CONDITIONS', 'Terms of Use');

define('BOX_INFORMATION_OTHER', 'Pams Other Sites');

define('BOX_INFORMATION_SHIPPING', 'Shipping & Returns');

define('BOX_INFORMATION_CONTACT', 'Contact Pam');

Your entry is incorrect since you are missing the single quote after the backslash.

Change

define('BOX_INFORMATION_OTHER', 'Pams Other Sites');

to be

define('BOX_INFORMATION_OTHER', 'Pam's Other Sites');

and tell me what happens.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Okay, first off where do you want to work - on the Navigation bar or the information box?

Either stick a post-it not on your screen that says catalog = cart or delete the oscommerce folder. :)

Archived