• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Help with downloadable goods

I am trying to get my site to download products.

I have done everything the wiki documentation said. I set all the permissions correctly, put the download file in the /downloads folder.

I can purchase the item and have everything accepted but there is nowehere where it says "Now download this file" or anything like that.

The only thing I have found that might be wrong is that my includes / languages / english / download.php file only has this in it:

<?php

/*

$Id: download.php,v 1.2 2002/11/19 01:48:08 dgw_ Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2002 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

?>

Seems to me there should be something else there . . . But I don't know what.

I still can't get it to work. I downloaded all the original files (as it was installed by my host) to check the download.php file, and it is right - what I posted above is correct.

But I can't download products!! I can purchase them and get all the confirmatin emails, but there is nowhere that says "Now download your file" Can someone tell me at least where it SHOULD be and what it is supposed to look like.

When you put the download file name in the Product Attribute Box, do you just put the filename, or do you have to put all the directories as well eg catalog/downloads/filename

Most of what I willl be selling is downloadable so if I can't get it to work, I'm screwed!

Is there some kind of mod I need to install to be able to do it?

• 2 months later...

Archived