• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Simplified admin

newid

Is it possible to simply remove many of the links from the admin area? If so, how to I go about it? I'm setting up all the config info for my clients, and they don't NEED access to certain things once it's been setup (min values, max values, product listing config, stock config, etc).

It's not that I want to KEEP them from accessing these features and configurations of osc, but I've already gone in and done it for them. What I'm really looking to do is simplify the admin section for them so that they are not overwhelmed by the sheer number of functions. I'd like to present them with a very clear cut admin area that gives them access to the functionality they will use. Things like the catalog, customers, reports, and SOME of the items in the tools box.

While I know how to take away complete boxes (comment them out in column_left), I'm not really sure where to go to turn off individual files WITHIN the boxes.

In fact, could I just completely kill all the includes of the left column altogether and put only the links to the functions they will use directly in the header file?

Thanks everyone

Beau

In fact, could I just completely kill all the includes of the left column altogether and put only the links to the functions they will use directly in the header file?
Yes. I made a reduced version of the categories.php file that did not have the links without problems. I haven't added any links back to it, but I can tell you that you do not need the column for anything else (other than the links).

Hth,

Matt

Archived