• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Who is online -- guest?

Hmmn? Something broke?

What type of error did you get?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What he is referring to is in both of your includes/configure.php files. At the bottom of the file the last entry should be STORE_SESSSIONS. Enter mysql as the value.

I can't believe that this still isn't in the admin >> configuration >> mystore.

Why even have it at all?

Just automatically store the sessions in the database and be done with it.

Pam, yes I do believe so but you were also working on 10 other things at the same time. Go ahead and set it. If it breaks we know exactly where to go to fix it. ;)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Try logging out, closing your browser window, deleting your temporary internet files, and then reconnecting to the site.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

Can you go into your database via the phpmyadmin tool, and "Browse" the sessions table to make sure that the sessions your are using are registered in there?

Also, if you 'browse' your 'whos_online' table, is there any data in the customers_id field?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTE: As of Oct 2006, I'm not as active in this forum as I used to be, but I still work with osC quite a bit.

If you have a question about any of my posts here, your best bet is to contact me though either Email or PM in my profile, and I'll be happy to help.

Opening a few more browser windows to check :)

1. Definitely logged in via my cart.

2. myphpadmin

shows a 'guest' under my IP

3. Browse shows a zero in customer ID field.

(likewise, in sql, customer ID shows as zero)

How about the sessions table?

Do you see your session in there?

Oh yeah, also, when you are logged in, and you are on the main index page of the cart, what does your greeting say? Does it say "Welcome Guest?" or does it say "Welcome Pam?"

Not sure if this will help ...

But in Customer_id type is (int11)

NULL is Yes

Default is NULL

Session ID shows (5bbb71b6fe8b30e283ae0f1496d64333)

Oh yeah, also, when you are logged in, and you are on the main index page of the cart, what does your greeting say? Does it say "Welcome Guest?" or does it say "Welcome Pam?"

Welcome back Pam! Would you like to see which new products are available to purchase?

OK, go ahead and click on the "sessions" table to the left of the phpmyadmin tool, and then click on 'Browse'.

Do you see your session in this table?

There are 3 sessions listed.

82beffce5f74b896e2ba8ce5311ab746

5bbb71b6fe8b30e283ae0f1496d64333

ee294fd89a5b2694e6df026bbd88ad3c

No IP is given but that has to be me -- no one else really has access :)

Just to verify, my sessions table has fields named sesskey, expiry, and value.

Is this the sames table you are looking at? Ifo so, what is in the 'value' field for your session?

It should look something like...

cart|O:12:"shoppingcart":3:{s:8:"contents";a:0:{}s...

Yes, those are the 3 columns

cart|O:12:"shoppingcart":4:{s:8:"contents";a:0:{}s...

cart|O:12:"shoppingcart":5:{s:8:"contents";a:0:{}s...

cart|O:12:"shoppingcart":4:{s:8:"contents";a:0:{}s...

Just to verify, my sessions table has fields named sesskey, expiry, and value.

Is this the sames table you are looking at? Ifo so, what is in the 'value' field for your session?

It should look something like...

cart|O:12:"shoppingcart":3:{s:8:"contents";a:0:{}s...

Well, I'll be honest.

I'm baffled. Perhaps it has something to do with the creation and deletion of the same user over and over again. When I get home, in about a hour or so, If you'll send me the URL, I'll log in and we can check then.

It never worked, even the first day I checked. I hadn't deleted myself until today, and the other day someone was installing a contribution he'd done for me and he, too, was listed as a guest, but he had registered and was ordering to check that what he did worked.

I'll PM you but remember, DON'T laugh if anything looks .. broken :)

I keep thinking this has to be something very simple that we've all overlooked, but I think that's wishful thinking on my part

:)

Just curious about your create account procedure and whether you have made any modifications there - such as not collecting the customers last name - if this is the case, then in catalog/includes/functions/whos_online.php the following may well return false and show you as guest in the whos_online table in the db:

$wo_full_name = $customer['customers_firstname'] . ' ' . $customer['customers_lastname'];

} else {

$wo_customer_id = '';

$wo_full_name = 'Guest';

}

Also, when making modifications to the code, it is very important not to confuse 'customer_id' with 'customers_id'

Hope this helps.

Matti

Thanks, but I haven't made any changes, I need the customer's full legal name :)

Which file would that have been changed in, just so I can double check?

You are running MS1? - catalog/includes/modules/account_details.php

but you can check the customers table in the database - that is perhaps better, to check the customer data you are logged in with.

has asking you to "browse" the customers table just like you 'browsed' the sessions tables and the whos online tables in phpmyadmin

No you don't have to be logged into the cart, just make sure that the account that you and I have created has a 'firstname' and a 'lastname'.

While you are at it, make sure it had valid 'customer_id'

Oh, ok

I see 3 accounts.

Me, you and someone else. First and last names are there.

There are customer IDs as well, and our dates of birth

Archived