• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

How to remove. . . .

Wilderness

Edit the catalog/product_info.php page and either comment or remove the code for that line.

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

SO ...

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

Would be changed to

<!--

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText"><br><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

-->

(See, I learned, that's html in a php file, so I use html commenting!)

And do I not remove the reference from anywhere else?

That is correct Pam :)

The other way to do it is like

<tr> 

<td align="center" class="smallText"><br><?php // echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td> 

</tr>

The difference is that your code completely removes the table row whereas mine keeps the row but does not display any information.

This will help depending upon whether the row is needed for display/formatting purposes.

Congratulations Pam, you are learning PHP. :)

"Great spirits have always found violent opposition from mediocre minds. The latter cannot understand it when a man does not thoughtlessly submit to hereditary prejudices but honestly and courageously uses his intelligence." - A. Einstein

*snicker*

This product was added to our catalog on Friday 01 August, 2003

That's commenting it out, as well as then trying your code.

See, you CAN'T teach an old dog new tricks!

The entire block of code should look like the following using

Your code

?>

<!--      <tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

--><?php

My code

?>

<tr>

<td align="center" class="smallText"><?php // echo sprintf(TEXT_DATE_ADDED, tep_date_long($product_info['products_date_added'])); ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

and they both work for me.

Perhaps it is due to the cache?

This is not my night, I am having SO many errors, it's not even funny.

But no, I cleared my cache and IE temp folders, and it still shows

I'm changing it in

oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php

uploaded in ASCII

This is not my night, I am having SO many errors, it's not even funny.

Ah, you have been editing files again. :lol:

Sorry, I could not resist. ;)

But no, I cleared my cache and IE temp folders, and it still shows

I'm changing it in

oscommerce/catalog/product_info.php

uploaded in ASCII

That is the correct file assuming that oscommerce/catalog/ is the document root for your server.

PM that file to me and I will take a look at it.

Thanks -- apparently (again) I edited the wrong file --- this is what I was told (which I thought I had done):

"catalog for you is /cart

checking ..

yes the code was not commented in the /cart/product_info.php page

i just did and the line is removed :)"

That, I fear, will keep screwing me up :)

And yes, I was editing files -- get our yer ruler!!

Archived