• Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate Pricing Per Customer v3.5

scendent

The old MySQL 5 problem :D

Trying to sort by price the products of a category:

1054 - Unknown column 'p.manufacturers_id' in 'on clause'

select  count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd left join  products_group_prices_cg_2 as tmp_pp using(products_id) left join  manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id,  products_to_categories p2c, products p where p.products_status = '1'  and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id =  p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '3' and p2c.categories_id = '19'

Any search:

1066 - Not unique table/alias: 'pd'

select  count(distinct p.products_id) as total from products p left join  manufacturers m using(manufacturers_id), products_description pd left  join specials s on p.products_id = s.products_id, categories c,  products_to_categories p2c, products_description pd, categories c,  products_to_categories p2c where p.products_status = '1' and  p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '3' and  p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id  and ((pd.products_name like '%lap%' or p.products_model like '%lap%' or  m.manufacturers_name like '%lap%') )

I know this is all because of SPPC not being compatible with MySQL5 and that this has been known for months. I've found some clues and tips around the forum and made some fixes on my own but the problem is endless!

The big question is, besides downgrading to MySQL4 and since this problem is so old, is there a definitive solution yet? Somewhere to find all the required code changes? A thread? Some 'magic' setting in MySQL server?

If not, I think it is time to start working on a contribution. Perhaps we can team up?

Thank you!

Try this post

Regards

Mark A Reynolds

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm trying to use version 4.0 and getting the following error after install -

http://www.nutralove.us/catalog/index.php?cPath=1_17

Here is the error too -

1054 - Unknown column 'p.products_id' in 'on clause'

select count(p.products_id) as total from products_description pd, products p left join manufacturers m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, products_to_categories p2c left join specials_retail_prices s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '1' and p2c.categories_id = '17'

[TEP STOP]

I clean installed OSCommerce 2.2 then installed Seperate Pricing Per Customer 4.0 but I get this error. Anyone know why?

Thanks

Hi to everyone,

This is my very first post in the forums and thanks to all that has took the time to post a ton of info in here.

My question is on the SPPC contribution. It works great in the categories section of my website; however if im on New products or Featured products it just gives the retail price shown. When i go to product details it will correct itself to the proper wholesale group and let a person purchase it that way. That is if you ever got to the product details since ya see the retail price rather than wholesale.

I also am using quantity discount breaks with it. The other odd occurrence i notice is If you choose to make a special a wholesale group. It will show the special wholesale price to all groups in the featured product area on the home page. Once you get to the product details page if you were indeed wholesale it will allow you to buy it wholesale, but if ya retail then it goes back to full retail price which could cause a retail customer confusion if not anger that he cant purchase at the special price.

Does the SPPC mode support New Products, and Featured Products?

Wondered if anyone else had this trouble and if they had a solution for it??

Thanks in advance

Surely we aren't the only ones then... anybody got a solution? Thanks.

No, that is where the search function in the thread can be useful. You could also read something a bit here on the forum, like the first 10 posts on this page.

No, that is where the search function in the thread can be useful. You could also read something a bit here on the forum, like the first 10 posts on this page.

Hi JanZ, I have read and tried the solutions on this page, and used the search function, but to no avail.

What I have done, is just taken away the search facility on my website till someone finds a solution to the problem.

COngratulations on such a great COntribution, had a few hiccups at the start, but all running smooth now

JUST A REMINDER TO ALL, check check and cross check - thats what i had to do. Also, COMPARE and MERGE is a god sent, this will definitely help in setting up this contribution with an already complete site.

Just a quick question, i have setup 3 customer bases, retail, dealer and wholesale.

What i want to know is?

Are you able to display the pricing of the price breakdowns in the product_info.php page?

Obviously, all I have is the base price on there, but what i would like to do is able to show the dealers/wholesale customers, the pricing if they were to buy mulitple quantities of the product, and the savings they can make

Thanks

Tarek

RACESPEC

Obviously, all I have is the base price on there, but what i would like to do is able to show the dealers/wholesale customers, the pricing if they were to buy mulitple quantities of the product, and the savings they can make

I think you mean QPBPP for SPPC (Quantity Price Breaks [Per Product] for Separate Pricing Per Customer).

Is SPPC contrib. works smoothly with Mass_price editor ?
No. Most likely that only changes the retail prices, not able to change the customer group prices.

or I should have to install SPPC with its price editor add on ?
If you mean Quick Price Updates for SPPC then I guess that is your only option.

My question is on the SPPC contribution. It works great in the categories section of my website; however if im on New products or Featured products it just gives the retail price shown. When i go to product details it will correct itself to the proper wholesale group and let a person purchase it that way. That is if you ever got to the product details since ya see the retail price rather than wholesale.
The module new_products.php (that is responsible for the box with new products) is adapted for SPPC and comes with the package. Featured products is not adapted for SPPC, so it will only show the retail prices. I posted SPPC versions in this thread once in this thread....

I also am using quantity discount breaks with it.
But do you use the one made for SPPC (see a few posts up for a link).

I did that. I downloaded the whole thread but couldn't find a solution to my prob. I ignored all the bits about MySQL5 because I am using version 4 so I didn't think this would effect my site.

After doing a comparison of your code and my code I found the difference and my site now works. Thanks for your help.

For others here is the bit that I needed to change, I hope it helps you too:

From this (around line 265):

$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . $product_prices_table . " as tmp_pp using(products_id), " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c";
   } elseif ($status_tmp_special_prices_table == true) {
$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS_RETAIL_PRICES . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id , " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c";
   } else {
$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id), " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c";

To this:

$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id) left join " . $product_prices_table . " as tmp_pp using(products_id)";
} elseif ($status_tmp_special_prices_table == true) {
$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id) left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS_RETAIL_PRICES . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id ";
} else {
$from_str = "from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m using(manufacturers_id) ";

Thanks for an awesome contrib... I really appreciate it.

I think you mean QPBPP for SPPC (Quantity Price Breaks [Per Product] for Separate Pricing Per Customer).

Yes i have installed that for the price breakdowns, depending on purchase quantity module and it is working great

But, what i want to do is display the various pricing on the product info page

Example,

1 - $150.00ea

5 - $125.00ea

10 - $100.00ea

That way the dealer/distributor knows what quantity he needs to purchase in order to get the next price break

Thanks

Tarek

RACESPEC

I've managed to get Price List Working, so it lists

Retail Price - $100.00

Your Price - $80.00

What i have for Dealer is

PriceBreak1 - $price for Qty: 1

PriceBreak2 - $price for Qty:5

What i have for Wholesale is

PriceBreak1 - $price for Qty: 1

PriceBreak2 - $price for Qty:5

PriceBreak3 - $price for Qty:10

I want to be able to show these price breaks on the product info

Thanks

Tarek

RACESPEC

Two question before I add Separate Pricing Per Customer. Most information is on installation so I could not assertain.

Question #1 - Doe this contribution allow me to control who registers? I can't let just anyone register under "wholesale".

Question #2 - Does the checkout have a feature that lets the wholesale customer just checkout and send me an order? All my wholesale customers are 30 day net.

Thanks in advance,

Ki

Question #1 - Doe this contribution allow me to control who registers? I can't let just anyone register under "wholesale".
You must be joking, do you think we are nuts? Of course everybody comes in as retail, you have to put them in another group in admin.
Question #2 - Does the checkout have a feature that lets the wholesale customer just checkout and send me an order? All my wholesale customers are 30 day net.

I think that is even described in the documentation. Net30 does that, provided you enable that payment module only for your wholesale customers.

I installed Separate Pricing Per Customer and love it. I'm also a big open source person and I leave the OsCommerce banner in the footer of my website. However, since I installed Seperate priceing it now states OsCommerce next to my favicon.

Can someone tell me where I can change back to my wesite name. It was there before with the document name but somehow seperste priceing has overwritten it.

Thanks,

Ki