• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate Pricing Per Customer v3.5

scendent

I wouldn't remove the entries in the database if I were you, it would mean you have to repeat work for no reason. If you mean only removing the SPPC code from the PHP files, you could also do it just before installing the new version and leave it for now...

Hi Jan,

I've wanted to remove the SPPC code and not the entries in the DB. Actually, the prices & specials displayed are false when a customer is logged in. Thus I can't launch the store in these conditions. Moreover when I remove the code I also have bugs... too many contributions installed!! :-" Hum... your SPPC version is damned too perfect , I guess I'd better be wise and wait !!!!

Thanks to have posted and alerted me!!!!

OSC2.2

We would like to integrate Oliver H?bner's modification for showing prices, and if possible we would like to also be able to set which taxes should not be applied for certain customer groups. Might be too ambitious that last one, but we'll have to see about it. If anyone knows of a contribution that already implemented that, I would love to hear it.

Hello. I'm using caneblu b2bsuite.

I added customer_group tax / tax exempt to my site.

It was painful going (with my lack of knowledge) but it works.

see my code changes here:

caneblu forum

B2Bsuite has this separate pricing contrib spliced into it, so my changes to it might work for your changes / needs. might get you on the right track.

I modified my B2Bsuite with about 15 contributions.

if you can use it in full or as a stepping stone, cool. (remember me when you take the credit for releasing it in a contribution)

HI Marvin!!!!

Thanks for your reply. It's a great and amazing job you made!!

I didn't do it - Jan Did ! :D :thumbsup: He's spent quite a bit of time on fixing up this puppy so the real thanks should go to him. B)

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

I have a question for Jan and Marvin.

I want to use your new release of SPPC because my store will be set up to provide products for retail customers and wholesale customers --- as far as I know that is what this contribution is for.

So here is the actuall question; I don't want my retail customers to be able to purchase everything the wholesale ones can--- they can still see the products; but is there a way for the price to say N/A or Available through authorized dealers only ???

Thanks,

Nate

Edited by JEWbacca

Another quick question--- have you guys thought about including the 'ADD TAX ID NUMBER TO CREATE_ACCOUNT.PHP CONTRIBUTION' --- I know alot of people who want to use the SPPC contibution want their site to work for wholesale customers, having a tax id number is important as it shows that the person purchasing is from a company and not an indivusal.

here is a link to the contibution

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...l/search,Tax+Id

-------------- SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH ---------------

Michael/ArtRat,

Thanks for your reply. I will take a good look at it and see how and what can be implemented in SPPC.

Nate/JWEbacca,

We haven't thought of including a tax id/VAT number in SPPC. It is a bit outside the scope of the current code change, we are really trying now to get it to work "as advertised". However, it could be made more or less independent of SPPC: when people create an account they automatically are put in the retail group. Only the admin can put them in another group. You could however make some code that if people type in a valid tax id number (with online checking perhaps?) when creating an account, they automatically get into another group.

Regarding the excluding of products for retail, I think the SPPC code cannot be used for that. However, you could use the approach of Prices for Logged-In Users only that puts code around the price that is already formatted (so after SPPC has done its job). Perhaps if you put the retail price on zero and check for the customer_group_id you could make that work. Of course you have to have a list of the products that you don't want to sell to retail customers, but I guess you could make a text file with the products_id, read that into an array and use that instead of making another mysql table.

Oh, and your English is excellent.

I'm trying to install SPPCv3.5. I do not understand one thing about the instructions......

Database Changes:

Add to the customers table:

customers_group_name (char 27) Default value: Retail

customers_group_id (int 11) Default value: 0

Create

products_groups table

Add to the products_groups table:

customers_group_id (int 11)

customers_group_price (decimal 15, 4)

products_id (int 11)

products_price (decimal 15,4)

.....how do I add these things; using PHPMyAdmin or opening the db in wordpad?

If manually (wordpad) then what lines am I looking for; under which to add the stuff listed above?

Edited by adam71o

I used PhP MyAdmin to manually create the db entries when I first installed this contrib.

I don't know how far along you are in the installation but there is a new version coming out to replace the earlier releases. If you read through the last few pages of this thread you'll find that there are lots of problems with the existing Separate Price contribs with regards to wrong prices being displayed - among other things.

Hope this helps :D

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

Regarding the excluding of products for retail, I think the SPPC code cannot be used for that. However, you could use the approach of Prices for Logged-In Users only that puts code around the price that is already formatted (so after SPPC has done its job). Perhaps if you put the retail price on zero and check for the customer_group_id you could make that work. Of course you have to have a list of the products that you don't want to sell to retail customers, but I guess you could make a text file with the products_id, read that into an array and use that instead of making another mysql table.

Oh, and your English is excellent.

Your english is excellent also, too bad I just don't understand what it is that must be done. Its beyond my understanding of PHP/ MYSQL.

Do you take side jobs? Maybe we could exchange contact infomation and talk.

I found this contribution also:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contri...hidden+products

It allows some products to be hidden by user groups, and i know the SPPC uses usergroups also. I'm sorry if i'm getting off track, but I think it might be a usefull addation to SPPC.

Janz, possibly PM me if you want to exchange contact info --- maybe we could work somthing out.

Nate

Nate,

I took a quick look at that contribution. It seems it was made for an older version of osC, a couple of months before MS2.2: it uses default.php instead of index.php. The implementation of the idea doesn't seem that complex, however, this works on a per customer base, not on a per customer group. You could only use this (properly rewritten to work with customers groups of sppc of course) to hide products from one group. You would probably want to hide products for retail customers, but any more sophisticated than that is not possible at first glance.

I have been rather busy with SPPC to get it in working order. It starts to look like the code part is almost finished. The ordering by products price in index.php and advanced_search_results.php turned out to be a heck of a job. This is mainly due to the addition of specials for different customers groups, but that is what this whole thing is about isn't it?

Addition of the group_show_tax seemed to be straight forward, but hasn't been thoroughly tested. The addition of tax exempt (like ArtRat suggested) seems straight forward too, but I haven't gotten round to implementing it, let alone testing.

Hey guys, I have this working but its quite different then the original code cuz of all these errors. Well anyway, I was looking at the new additon made for no tax for each group. Now from looking at the code, the tax for whole sale works and what not ONLY if you have "show tax == true". Unless I am missing something? Did the author of this overlook this or am I? Also the tax still shows up on the confirmation page but it is not added in, weird eh?

Thanks

BUG FIX

Please post bug fixes for future users. This is a terrible mess as it stands, but the contribution of everyone can get it fixed up perfectly.

The following in the installation fails SHOULD READ as follows (it did not set $sde=0 and this was causing some minor problems):

1. $sde function not set to 0 in catalog/admin/specials.php

Around line 140:

Replace

$specials_array = array();

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where s.products_id = p.products_id");

while ($specials = tep_db_fetch_array($specials_query)) {

$specials_array[] = $specials['products_id'];

}

}

With

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, s.customers_group_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where s.products_id = p.products_id");

$specials_array[] = (int)$specials['products_id'].":".(int)$specials['customers_group_id'];

}

$customers_groups_query = tep_db_query("select distinct customers_group_name, customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " order by customers_group_id ");

$input_groups=array();

$all_groups=array();

$sde=0;

while ($existing_groups = tep_db_fetch_array($customers_groups_query)) {

$input_groups[$sde++]=array("id"=>$existing_groups['customers_group_id'], "text"=> $existing_groups['customers_group_name']);

$all_groups[$existing_groups['customers_group_id']]=$existing_groups['customers_group_name'];

}

if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']) && $sInfo->customers_group_id!=0){

$customer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . $sInfo->products_id . "' and customers_group_id = '" . $sInfo->customers_group_id . "'");

if ($customer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_price_query)) {

$sInfo->products_price = $customer_group_price['customers_group_price'];

}

}

Around line 143 it should read like this:

// create an array of products on special, which will be excluded from the pull down menu of products

// (when creating a new product on special)

$specials_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, s.customers_group_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s where s.products_id = p.products_id");

$specials_array[] = (int)$specials['products_id'].":".(int)$specials['customers_group_id'];

}

if(isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']) && $sInfo->customers_group_id!=0){

$customer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . $sInfo->products_id . "' and customers_group_id = '" . $sInfo->customers_group_id . "'");

if ($customer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($customer_group_price_query)) {

$sInfo->products_price = $customer_group_price['customers_group_price'];

}

}

}

$customers_groups_query = tep_db_query("select distinct customers_group_name, customers_group_id from " . TABLE_CUSTOMERS . " order by customers_group_id ");

$input_groups=array();

$all_groups=array();

$sde=0;

while ($existing_groups = tep_db_fetch_array($customers_groups_query)) {

$input_groups[$sde++]=array("id"=>$existing_groups['customers_group_id'], "text"=> $existing_groups['customers_group_name']);

$all_groups[$existing_groups['customers_group_id']]=$existing_groups['customers_group_name'];

}

?>

<tr><form name="new_special" <?php echo 'action="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_SPECIALS, tep_get_all_get_params(array('action', 'info', 'sID')) . 'action=' . $form_action, 'NONSSL') . '"'; ?> method="post"><?php if ($form_action == 'update') echo tep_draw_hidden_field('specials_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sID']); ?>

<td><br><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_SPECIALS_PRODUCT; ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo (isset($sInfo->products_name)) ? $sInfo->products_name . ' <small>(' . $currencies->format($sInfo->products_price) . ')</small>' : tep_draw_products_pull_down('products_id', 'style="font-size:10px"', $specials_array); echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_price', (isset($sInfo->products_price) ? $sInfo->products_price : '')); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_SPECIALS_GROUPS; ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('customers_group', $input_groups, (isset($sInfo->customers_group_id)?$sInfo->customers_group_id:''));?> </td>

</tr>

Thanks for the info :D There's actually a new version of this contrib coming out shortly that is far, far superior. It includes optimized code and all the pages show proper pricing (for instance you'll likely find that product_new.php does not show the proper price as well as searching etc.)

There's a lot of issues with this original contrib. If you look back over the last 4 pages of posts or so you'll see some of them :(

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

I hate to do this, but I have a question for the community (not just Jan and Marvin).

Most of us who are intrested in this mod run a wholesale store, I might be crazy, but am I wrong to think that your wholesale customers have 'NET' terms and don't pay w/ paypal or credit card at purchase?

I have found a NET 30 payment module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2411

Now, here is where my question relates to SPPC and the community. Would it not be nice to let wholesale customers order w/o having to fuss with credit card and/or paypal?

There has to be a way, using the customer group tabels of SPPC, to hide this payment option to the default group (retail) and/or any other groups we don't want to allow NET terms to, yet still have them available to wholesale clients.

I'm officaly volunteering myself to document any type of mod and help where I can, unfortunately at this time my PHP skill do not allow me to create the mod myself. If anyone is intrested, maybe we can make our own thread (i don't mean to hijack the SPPC 3.5 thread) and start throwing around ideas for this.

Once again thank you Jan and Marvin and everyone else who has contributed to the SPPC project!

Hi Marvin, Hi Jan!

I have been searching for weeks for a contribution that helps put specials by categories and hopefully an update (today) has let me discover it :

SaleMaker - All products marked down

Would you mind to have a look at it and tell us if it could be compatible with the new version of SPPC???

Thanks in advance.

Best regards! :thumbsup:

OSC2.2

I hate to do this, but I have a question for the community (not just Jan and Marvin).

Most of us who are intrested in this mod run a wholesale store, I might be crazy, but am I wrong to think that your wholesale customers have 'NET' terms and don't pay w/ paypal or credit card at purchase? 

I have found a NET 30 payment module:

http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,2411

Now, here is where my question relates to SPPC and the community.  Would it not be nice to let wholesale customers order w/o having to fuss with credit card and/or paypal? 

There has to be a way, using the customer group tabels of SPPC, to hide this payment option to the default group (retail) and/or any other groups we don't want to allow NET terms to, yet still have them available to wholesale clients.

I'm officaly volunteering myself to document any type of mod and help where I can, unfortunately at this time my PHP skill do not allow me to create the mod myself. If anyone is intrested, maybe we can make our own thread (i don't mean to hijack the SPPC 3.5 thread) and start throwing around ideas for this.

Once again thank you Jan and Marvin and everyone else who has contributed to the SPPC project!

It wouldnt really be a mod, I dont think. It would be more like and if statement.

if($usergroup == 'wholesale') {

show the NET payment module

} else {

dont show

}

;)