• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate Pricing Per Customer v3.5

scendent

Hey Guys,

I installed yesterday this Module, So far it SEEMS to work well... Up untill the part where I click on "Comprar" which means "Buy" in portuguese. What happens? It takes me to shopping_cart.php and lists a blank product at $0 but gives me a subtotal of the actual product I bought. It does this.

Order

Remove Product(s) Qty. Total

0,00 ?

Sub-Total: 300,00 ?

It doesnt show the product name or product price. I have looked and re-looked over the install guide, and did EVERYTHING as listed. I got NO errors on ANY of the files. NOTHING. Adding products works well, etc. Just when I go ahead and "Buy" the product, it doesnt list the product name or anything, just the subtotal. Can anyone help me here?

Best regards,

Jason

Oops, I fixed it. I re-read shopping_cart.php. I found why this was happening, somehow (I probably deleted it by mistake) after:

$products_array = array();

reset($this->contents);

while (list($products_id, ) = each($this->contents)) {

I was missing:

$products_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.products_name, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_tax_class_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

if ($products = tep_db_fetch_array($products_query)) {

$prid = $products['products_id'];

$products_price = $products['products_price'];

Odd. Thanks people.

I have installed the contribution and everything seems to working (no errors) except that when I put in my wholesale price for a product when I save it it reverts back to 0.00. I have re-checked my install but I do not see anything that I did wrong. Anyone know what I might have missed?

How does this contribution work in the Admin Control panel? I can't find anywhere central for adding customer groups, so I edited a customer and entered a new group name. Now I see the group name listed at the bottom of each product page; what should I enter in the input field, a price or a discount?

Please before asking this kind of question read through the topic. It is explained many times in these forums. If you can't find it in this thread or can't be bother to look for it, use the advanced search system on this forum, you will find many answers.

As for Khaaliq, have you checked everything mentionned in this thread? Many people have had similar problem and the answer is nearly always that people miss out a bit of code or there is a problem with other contributions in which case if you don't find the solution in this thread or on these forums, you can also check www.oscdox.com forums that has this contribution integrated and therefore has people asking the same question on their forum... Finaly if you still don't find an answer, give precisions on other contributions you are using!

I have installed the contribution and everything seems to working (no errors) except that when I put in my wholesale price for a product when I save it it reverts back to 0.00. I have re-checked my install but I do not see anything that I did wrong. Anyone know what I might have missed?

Hello,

Look in your database if you dont have a table call products_groups, and another call table_produst_groups.

S?rgio Rocha

How does this contribution work in the Admin Control panel? I can't find anywhere central for adding customer groups, so I edited a customer and entered a new group name. Now I see the group name listed at the bottom of each product page; what should I enter in the input field, a price or a discount?

You must go to the clients detail page and bottom you will see a field to put the client group, after that you will find in the product detail page a new field to put the price to this group.

The group price appears on the first user member and disappear wend you delete the last user of the group.

I my case I substitute the field group on client detail page for a listbox with static values.

S?rgio Rocha

mat123slade: It takes a lot of time reading 15 pages, I thought someone might be able to help with a one liner. Also I find the recent change to the format of results returned by a search is no improvement - better off using google!

mat123slade: It takes a lot of time reading 15 pages, I thought someone might be able to help with a one liner. Also I find the recent change to the format of results returned by a search is no improvement - better off using google!

You are free to ask, but you will need to wait for answer from someone, in the meantime take a look in the forum.

I can tell you that wend I start using with this contribution, I read all the 12 pages, and always get the response to my first problems.

The only time that I don?t found the answer, I found lots of people with the same problem, and it was the time for take a look to the code, and gess what, I found the problem.

Regards,

S?rgio

Hello!

I've installed this contribution and worked hard to have it work, but hopefully Ive succeeded :P

2 problems remain :

-> No information is registered in the table PRODUCTS_GROUPS, my table is empty : is it NORMAL?

-> in my featured module (on the index.php page) the items are displayed twice.

If someone has had the same problems and solved them it will be nice to post the fix!

Thanks again! :thumbsup:

PS : i've read all the posts from this thread and found no answers to my queries :D

OSC2.2

Any update on the final fix for the New Products page? I believe this is the only bug left before this mod is perfect.

I've been working on it. I thought I could get the thing working properly, but for the life of me it will not work. I was pretty sure I had it figured out but it's still not working.

I also discovered that the "What's New?" box in the left column is not functioning properly either. It only displays the "Retail" price instead of the group price when there is a special. But only if there is a special.

For instance,

Retail = $15.00

Price2 = $14.00

Special for Price2 = $12.00

When logged in as a Price2 Customer it displays =>

$15.00 (retail price crossed out, instead of $14.00)

$12.00 (special price for Price2 Customer)

Anyway, I'm not the best with my SQL skills, but I am positive that's where the problem lies. In these files:

catalog/includes/boxes/whats_new.php

catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php

They are not calling the information correctly from the database. I'll keep plugging away at it, but any help from everyone else is greatly appreciated and greatly needed. Let's get this thing fixed and repackaged! :thumbsup:

• 3 weeks later...

This mod really needs to be repackaged. It is so close to working, if you go through this forum and do all the fixes. The only stuff missing is getting the products_new and what's new box to display the right prices. This should be a very simple fix, so please - could an expert fix this up? If a complete fix can not be done, just getting the default prices to show in the new price pages would be better than the sale prices.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

i installed the mod, and thought i had all the fixes right. I got the all so commone Duplicate Key Entry error when adding a product. However, i did Emmanuel's fix, by changing the primary key from "customers_groups_id" to "products_id". However, i still get the error on this field. Should i remove the Primary Key altogether from this table?

thanks in advance!

Hi,

i installed the mod, and thought i had all the fixes right. I got the all so commone Duplicate Key Entry error when adding a product. However, i did Emmanuel's fix, by changing the primary key from "customers_groups_id" to "products_id". However, i still get the error on this field. Should i remove the Primary Key altogether from this table?

thanks in advance!

Hello,

Unfortunately, the Emmanuel's fix does not work if you have more than one level (example: Wholesale, Trade, Partner, etc.). You need to add a new AUTO_INCREMENT field and set it as PRIMARY KEY.

So, here is the fix I did for this contribution:

1- Backup your Table 'products_groups' (only data)

2- Go to phpMyAdmin (or any other MySQL manager) and use the following code:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS products_groups;
CREATE TABLE products_groups (
products_groups_id int(11) NOT NULL auto_increment,
customers_group_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
customers_group_price decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',
products_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
products_price decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',
PRIMARY KEY  (products_groups_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

3- Restore your Table 'products_groups' data

I hope that this will help. Please PM or email-me if you have any question.

-DS

IMHO Mani-web's solution is not totally correct, because in principle (if the code for inserting prices doesn't prevent this) you now can get several entries for the same customers_group_id and products_id and obviously you only want one for each product.

I think the correct solution should be to make the combination of customers_group_id and products_id the primary key:

DROP TABLE IF EXISTS products_groups;
CREATE TABLE products_groups (
customers_group_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
customers_group_price decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',
products_id int(11) NOT NULL default '0',
products_price decimal(15,4) NOT NULL default '0.0000',
PRIMARY KEY ?(customers_group_id, products_id)
) TYPE=MyISAM;

-Added option mod to support special prices per group. This means that you can create a special price for your 'Retail' group and only customers in that group will see the special price.  Create a special price for your 'Wholesale' group and only customers in that group will see the special price.  Special prices will not default.. meaning if there is no special price for 'Wholesale' but there is one for 'Retail' your wholesale customer will NOT BE SHOWN the retail special price.

More info:  When you add special prices, you will see the prices for each group next to the product title.  It a price/group is missing, it is because a special price for that prodcut/group already exists.  If the product is missing, it is because there is already a special price for all groups.

I am willing to offer support for this MOD and version 2.2MS2.

How do you apply the special price per group. This mod looks great for what I need, can the special pricing be applied by percentages off of say the retail price?

Thanks in advance,

Tyler

Hi Tyler;

It can but it's completely screwed up. At present this contrib needs some work. There are flaws in it.

For instance, if I have a product that;

Retails for 299.99

Wholesales for 199.99

and then log-in as a wholesale client I see the proper 199.99 pricing. But if I enter a new special on that product with a discount of 20% the price will actually climb to 239.98 - even though it should display 20% off the defined wholesale price.

This contrib isn't really ready yet so your mileage on this one may vary....

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4 

No one out there did succeed in having specials per group work?

I've been working on it for weeks and now I even have problems with the prices per group :'(

If someone that succeeded in having the whole contribution SPPC work it would be nice to post the tricks! Pleassssssssssssssse :o .

OSC2.2

We're working (Jan & I) on an update to this contrib so that it works properly. Lots of people are interested in it and have been really put off by the bugs.

The contrib was never really completed as I suspect the original author moved off into other areas before it was 100%.

Work is progressing quite quickly and the idea is that once it's completed I'll post a radically updated contrib that is complete and working with Jan's code. That should help out a lot of people as this contrib is a very good idea. :D

Edited by Marvin Miller

Best & Thanks;
Marvin
----------------------
osCommerce 2.3.3.4