• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate Pricing Per Customer v3.5

scendent

I fixed the problem, but now in the admin when i create a new product en tick the box for wich one it schould hide. It doesn't store it.

With categories its works perfect

on the front end. It does not show the products if no user is logged in. And when it is logged in it is not showing correctly. Something is realy wrong with the version 2.0.3 installation

I'm looking into starting with SPPC as the basis of a solution for a client who wants to offer different pricing to non-members & maybe have different levels of membership too.

As far as I can gather from the documentation, the module only affects visibility of pricing (and specials) but all products and default prices are visible to everyone.

If that's the case, has anyone already implemented a version that affects the visibility of products by group? Or does anyone have a similar requirement and we could see if there's any scope for collaboration?

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Looking for a payment or shipping module? Maybe I've already done it.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

I'm looking into starting with SPPC as the basis of a solution for a client who wants to offer different pricing to non-members & maybe have different levels of membership too.

As far as I can gather from the documentation, the module only affects visibility of pricing (and specials) but all products and default prices are visible to everyone.

If that's the case, has anyone already implemented a version that affects the visibility of products by group? Or does anyone have a similar requirement and we could see if there's any scope for collaboration?

bah! If I'd searched everywhere for "hide" instead of "show" or "visibility", I'd have found it a lot sooner... (if anyone else can't find it, it's Hide products from customer groups for SPPC, http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/2970)

Edited by JohnAtYM

Contact me for work on updating existing stores - whether to Phoenix or the new osC when it's released.

Working on generalising bespoke solutions for Quickbooks integration, Easify integration and pay4later (DEKO) integration at 2.3.x

Jan

Are you going to make a version of SPPC for OSC 2.3.1? Are there any alternatives for 2.3.1?

Thanks

Edited by m1helmethead

• 2 weeks later...

I have this working on a 2.3.1 install of OSC.

Rough guide (you need to have some php knowledge)

Go through the manual install. All the edits and additions must happen. in places <b> has been changed to <strong> and therefore the code it tells you to find you will have to look for manually.

In places the line numbers are the same and in others they are drastically different.

My advice TAKE A BACKUP then go through changing one file at a time and testing as you go.

Good luck anyone who tries. i would guess it will roughly take beginners around 2 - 3 full days as it took me just over 8 hours of solid work.

I cannot advise on whether this will work with any other mods you may have.

Also the navigation links will need to be figured out from scratch as there have been major changes to code with them.

This is what i am working on now although everything is working.

Thanks

Alistair McCoy

Alistair McCoy

Owner and CEO at Ifusion Hosting

Hello,

I have the current code for sending an email when a company is noted in create and account,

if ( ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true' && tep_not_null($company_tax_id) ) {
     $alert_email_text = "Please note that " . $firstname . " " . $lastname . " of the company: " . $company . " has created an account.";
     tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, 'Company account created', $alert_email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

} else {
$email_text_coupon .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT_COUPON . EMAIL_CONTACT. EMAIL_WARNING;
     tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT_COUPON, $email_text_coupon, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

}

I am finding most shops do not enter the tax id box, so all emails send out. How do I change so if only the company name is used the above will work correctly and $email_test_coupon is not sent if company is set. I tried if ( ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true') { and if ( ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true' or tep_not_null($company_tax_id) ) {.

Neither seemed to work, both ended up sending $email_test_coupon.

Thanks JR

Hello,

Fixed it with the first line change,

if ( (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true' && tep_not_null($company) ) || (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true' && tep_not_null($company_tax_id) ) ) {

$alert_email_text = "Please note that " . $firstname . " " . $lastname . " of the company: " . $company . " has created an account.";

tep_mail(STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS, 'Company account created', $alert_email_text, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

} else {

$email_text_coupon .= EMAIL_WELCOME . EMAIL_TEXT_COUPON . EMAIL_CONTACT. EMAIL_WARNING;

tep_mail($name, $email_address, EMAIL_SUBJECT_COUPON, $email_text_coupon, STORE_OWNER, STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

}

JR

I'm about to embark on a 2.3.1 install of SPPC for the new client, and I'd be happy to apply SPPC as the first add-on to an unmodified 2.3.1 store so the files can be put together for others to use.

However, I think it would be a good idea if one or two people with good experience of 2.2 SPPC implementations were to volunteer to do some beta testing before it's released, as I've not used the add-on yet myself and won't be using the full breadth it for my client. If you'd be willing, please PM me and I'll be in touch when I think it's in a fit state (sometime in March).

Incidentally, the second add-on is likely to be Hide products from customer groups for SPPC.

• 2 weeks later...

My set of 2.3.1 files are now uploaded and awaiting moderation. I've applied code changes as described in the SPPC 4.2.2 documentation (including the optional ones for emails and newsletters), changing them where appropriate for 2.3.1. There were only a few places that needed to be a lot different, but quite a lot of places that had to be a bit different. I've been through the usage documentation and checked that all the features behave as described; I can't put hand on heart and say I've designed and gone through a complete set of test cases (cos I haven't!), but I have spent more than half a day testing and bug-fixing.

In particular, if there were any bugs in the SPPC 4.2.2 code that have been fixed in the supplied 2.2 files but not in the code changes in the implementation documentation, they won't be fixed in my uploaded code unless I came across them in testing.

Thanks for all the effort John! The only mod in the store was CKEditor and none of the SPPC files are involved in that so moved all your files to the server and ran the database mod sql.

After getting some errors, I uploaded the files I missed the first time. Here's what I found.

* I created a new "Wholesale" group, gave a product a wholesale price, assigned a customer to the wholesale group and that customer now sees the wholesale price while others see the retail price. The customer also purchased the item and the correct price carried through the whole process.

* I went to Catalog>Attributes, assigned an attribute to a product. The "Group Prices" action appeared in the Products Attributes table and clicking it opened the "Attribute Prices for Groups" window and I was able to enter the option values that properly show up on the customer side.

* I successfully added different special prices to both the retail and the wholesale product.

* The post-login window that allows a specified user to login with the group of choice works fine.

That's what I checked and everything seems to work as expected. Thanks again!

-Jerry-

That's what I checked and everything seems to work as expected. Thanks again!

-Jerry-

Thanks Jerry. Sending emails and newsletters worked ok in mine too, so does hiding attributes from groups (e.g. only offer deluxe model to retail customers).

It occurs to me that I didn't test if tax id number is properly handled; I know the field appears on the page when company is enabled, but I didn't check it's inserted to the database, retrieved & displayed, updated correctly if amended.

Edited by JohnAtYM

• 2 weeks later...

Just got done installing version 4.2.2 and I am having some issues. I am using 2.2rca, and otherwise the site works fine. When I click on Customer Groups in my admin, I get the following errors;

Warning: require(includes/template_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/nant/admin/customers_groups.php on line 143

Warning: require(includes/template_top.php) [function.require]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/public_html/nant/admin/customers_groups.php on line 143

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/template_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/public_html/nant/admin/customers_groups.php on line 143

When I look at customers_groups.php on line 143 there is the following code - require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks!

Bill

Just got done installing version 4.2.2 and I am having some issues. I am using 2.2rca, and otherwise the site works fine. When I click on Customer Groups in my admin, I get the following errors;

Fatal error: require() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/template_top.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/public_html/nant/admin/customers_groups.php on line 143

When I look at customers_groups.php on line 143 there is the following code - require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'template_top.php');

Any ideas why this would be happening?

Thanks!

Bill

The more and more I look at the files in the contrib package and the code I modified per the manual addition directions, there's huge differences it looks like.

The more and more I look at the files in the contrib package and the code I modified per the manual addition directions, there's huge differences it looks like.

Perhaps the quickest way to solve is to use the file from a previous upload. I don't think there was a template_top.php yet in 2.2RC2a.

Perhaps the quickest way to solve is to use the file from a previous upload. I don't think there was a template_top.php yet in 2.2RC2a.

Yes, either that or use the files from the directory new_installations_2.2 which are unchanged from the previous download (I have just double-checked that they don't include the text template_top).

You must have used new_installations_2.3.1

Yes, either that or use the files from the directory new_installations_2.2 which are unchanged from the previous download (I have just double-checked that they don't include the text template_top).

You must have used new_installations_2.3.1

You're both correct. In the download package I have, there are a couple of folders. The one referencing 2.3 has a bunch of php files in it. the one labeled as 2.2 has NO php files in it.

The directions say to copy the 4 files over, one being the customers_groups.php file. Since there was no such file in the 2.2 install directory, I used the one from the 2.3 directory.

Where can I get a contrib package that has the correct 2.2 files in it?

Thanks again,

Bill

Edited by newbreed

You're both correct. In the download package I have, there are a couple of folders. The one referencing 2.3 has a bunch of php files in it. the one labeled as 2.2 has NO php files in it.

The directions say to copy the 4 files over, one being the customers_groups.php file. Since there was no such file in the 2.2 install directory, I used the one from the 2.3 directory.

Where can I get a contrib package that has the correct 2.2 files in it?

Thanks again,

Bill

Sorry, my bad. Download the previous version; you need both uploads by escri in 2009..

Edited by JohnAtYM

Sorry, my bad. Download the previous version; you need both uploads by escri in 2009..

Hi John, I looked at this page - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,716 - and although I do see some files from 2009, I don't see any of them that say anything by "escri". Can you point me to where I can find the downloads you're referencing please?

Also, if I download and use them, should I start from scratch where I was before this last attempt?

I am asking because I have a modified site with the Quantity Price break, TinMCE, and several other contribs installed, and I would hat to have to start ALL the way over from the very beginning.

Thanks,

Bill

I think I may have this thing working. I downloaded a random version of the 2009 set and replaced the customers_groups.php file in the admin, and it's now looking like it works :-)

Also, if I download and use them, should I start from scratch where I was before this last attempt?

I am asking because I have a modified site with the Quantity Price break, TinMCE, and several other contribs installed, and I would hat to have to start ALL the way over from the very beginning.

Thanks,

Bill

Glad you've got it going... and in case the lesson hasn't sunk in, always make sure you can revert to how it was before you started installing the last contribution; the easiest way is to keep copying your files (you don't have to keep all the copies forever and they're a lot smaller if you zip them).

Hi, I have recently installed Separate Pricing Per Customer in my website. I was wondering if there is a way to greet a customer by adding one more line under the greeting line saying

"You are logged in as: _____________"

The _______ should include the group id that they belongs to like Retailer, Wholesaler, Trader, etc.

I tried looking around in includes/functions/general.php, index.php and includes/languages/english.php but failed to show that command.

Please anybody help me out!

This is the website: www.pop49.com

Hi, I have recently installed Separate Pricing Per Customer in my website. I was wondering if there is a way to greet a customer by adding one more line under the greeting line saying

"You are logged in as: _____________"

The _______ should include the group id that they belongs to like Retailer, Wholesaler, Trader, etc.

I tried looking around in includes/functions/general.php, index.php and includes/languages/english.php but failed to show that command.

Please anybody help me out!

This is the website: www.pop49.com

It's TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL in includes/languages/english.php if I remember right (or maybe ....._RELOGON?)

Edited by JohnAtYM