• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Seperate Pricing Per Customer v3.5

scendent

I am trying but.... can´t

Is there a contribution for SPPC that adds a checkbox on the the product listing page to add the quantities to the cart?

Why do you need a checkbox? If the default is 0 then the code that does the add_cart could look for that instead of a checkbox setting?

I have "display prices with tax"=true on both store and customer group

Group's tax exempts is set to false.

And still it doesn't work - baffled.

Got it to work!!! Thank you so much for your time and patience.

There is no problem. I just didn't set the tax areas corectly.

SPPC and OsCommerce Rocks!

With love,

Eyal

How About an Open Source Car?

How do I change the default group.

I posted this under the General forum because I thought it was a general question but got no responses.

Hopefully, someone here may have an answer.

When someone creates an account online it is added to the group "Retail" by default.

Because of my store setup I'm using the default "Retail" to display all products but prevent purchase by removing the "Add to Cart" button unless logged in.

I would like to use another group ("Registered") for users that register online then they will get the "Add to Cart" button and a restricted list of categories when they login due to the SPPC and HPC4SPPC add-ons .

Where do I change the default group for account creation but not the site default group?

In fact, where do I change the site default group?

I would like to use another group ("Registered") for users that register online then they will get the "Add to Cart" button and a restricted list of categories when they login due to the SPPC and HPC4SPPC add-ons .

Where do I change the default group for account creation but not the site default group?

In fact, where do I change the site default group?

In fact that issue has come up a few times in this thread. If you take a look at create_account.php you will find the code that does the insert in the table customers somewhere between lines 176 and 199:

if ($error == false) {
  $sql_data_array = array('customers_firstname' => $firstname,
						  'customers_lastname' => $lastname,
						  'customers_email_address' => $email_address,
						  'customers_telephone' => $telephone,
						  'customers_fax' => $fax,
						  'customers_newsletter' => $newsletter,
						  'customers_password' => tep_encrypt_password($password));

if (ACCOUNT_GENDER == 'true') $sql_data_array['customers_gender'] = $gender;
  if (ACCOUNT_DOB == 'true') $sql_data_array['customers_dob'] = tep_date_raw($dob);
// BOF Separate Pricing Per Customer
  // if you would like to have an alert in the admin section when either a company name has been entered in
  // the appropriate field or a tax id number, or both then uncomment the next line and comment the default
  // setting: only alert when a tax_id number has been given
  //	if ( (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true' && tep_not_null($company) ) || (ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true' && tep_not_null($company_tax_id) ) ) {
  if ( ACCOUNT_COMPANY == 'true' && tep_not_null($company_tax_id)  ) {
  $sql_data_array['customers_group_ra'] = '1';
// entry_company_tax_id moved from table address_book to table customers in version 4.2.0
  $sql_data_array['entry_company_tax_id'] = $company_tax_id; 
}
// EOF Separate Pricing Per Customer

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CUSTOMERS, $sql_data_array);

The table customers contains the customers_group_id. The default value for that id is 0. Nothing is set in create_account.php so the default is used.

You can insert a line like $sql_data_array['customers_group_id'] = '14'; (with whatever number) in there for another default group.

The table customers contains the customers_group_id. The default value for that id is 0. Nothing is set in create_account.php so the default is used.

You can insert a line like $sql_data_array['customers_group_id'] = '14'; (with whatever number) in there for another default group.

Thank you Jan that solved it for me.

Why do you need a checkbox? If the default is 0 then the code that does the add_cart could look for that instead of a checkbox setting?

I dont know if i expressed myself right, I needed to insert a way for customers to put the quantity they want to buy right in the product listing page

Well i was able to fix it. FINALLY!!!!

Thanks Jan, your tips were of most importance to solve this matter.

Now I am trying to install QPBPP.

First problem...in admin/categories tells me

following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /path_to_admin_directory/admin_directory/categories.php on line 1526

</td>

<!-- body_text_eof //-->

</tr>

</table>

<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>

<!-- footer_eof //-->

<br>

</body>

</html>

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

Edited by Jan Zonjee

Now I am trying to install QPBPP.

First problem...in admin/categories tells me

following:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /path_to_admin_directory/admin_directory/categories.php on line 1526

Sure you need to this manually? If SPPC and QPBPP are the only contributions added to that page you can use the one from the package. Otherwise try to install the other contributions with changes to categories.php to the file in the QPBPP download.

Using a merge tool like kdiff3 if it were only to compare files and find the missing } (which is possibly the problem).

While this is not directly related to SPPC it is related to groups and I thought someone that reads this thread may be able to help.

I don't want visitors to our osCommerce site to be able to add items to their cart until they log in. The site is a mixed retail and wholesale site and the public can't buy some items direct.

Therefore, I don't want the "Add to Cart" button available unless the visitor is logged in at which time they are no longer in the "Retail" group.

I'm php illiterate but gradually learning.

I thought something like the following in product_info.php would do it but don't know the syntax to test for group_id not 0.

<!-- BEGIN Hide Add to Cart until logged in -->

<?php

test to see that group_id is not 0

?>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- END Hide Add to Cart until logged in -->

Sure you need to this manually? If SPPC and QPBPP are the only contributions added to that page you can use the one from the package. Otherwise try to install the other contributions with changes to categories.php to the file in the QPBPP download.

Using a merge tool like kdiff3 if it were only to compare files and find the missing } (which is possibly the problem).

Yes that is a relly good solution.

I have only installed there the extra fields contibution, so it would br easy to fix

I am also using the produl listing multi, instead of product listing.php. In there i might encounter problems???

While this is not directly related to SPPC it is related to groups and I thought someone that reads this thread may be able to help.

I don't want visitors to our osCommerce site to be able to add items to their cart until they log in. The site is a mixed retail and wholesale site and the public can't buy some items direct.

Therefore, I don't want the "Add to Cart" button available unless the visitor is logged in at which time they are no longer in the "Retail" group.

I'm php illiterate but gradually learning.

I thought something like the following in product_info.php would do it but don't know the syntax to test for group_id not 0.

<!-- BEGIN Hide Add to Cart until logged in -->

<?php

test to see that group_id is not 0

?>

<td class="main" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_hidden_field('products_id', $product_info['products_id']) . tep_image_submit('button_in_cart.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_IN_CART); ?></td>

<?php

}

?>

<!-- END Hide Add to Cart until logged in -->

I've worked it out. The line should be;

if ($customer_group_id != '0'){

Perhaps you like to share the changes you made in index.php with other that have the same mistake? :)

As Jan correctly suggested the problem wasn't with index.php but rather with catalog/includes/modules/new_products.php.

I struggled fix it for days and ended up just replacing it with the one you find when you download SPPC 4.2.2. Now even though it's functioning correctly I have lost all the modifications done by the programmer that aborted the project.

I've tried winmerge on this but it's not a simple matter of copy and pasting which is where I fall out of the bus. So maybe one of you clever chaps could have a look at this a help me with bringing the formatting code from the old new_products.php into the new SPPC version.

Old code

$info_box_contents = array();
 while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
$new_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($new_products['products_id']);
#Build product information box
$product_info_str = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr>';
$product_info_str .= '<td height="14" class="productBoxHeadingLcorner"></td>';
$product_info_str .= '<td height="14" class="productBoxHeading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a> </td>';
$product_info_str .= '<td height="14" class="productBoxHeadingRcorner"></td>';
$product_info_str .= '</tr></table>';
$product_info_str .= '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="productBox" valign="top"><tr><td>';
$product_info_str .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
$product_info_str .= '</td><td>';
$product_info_str .= '' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id']));
$product_info_str .= '<br><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>';
$product_info_str .= '</td></tr></table>';
$info_box_contents[$row][$col] = array('align' => 'center',
									   'params' => 'class="smallText" width="33%" valign="top"',
									   'text' => $product_info_str);

New code

//  while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_new_products; $x++) {
// getting products_name added to the $new_products_query above so we can skip this
//	$new_products[$x]['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($new_products[$x]['products_id']);

'text' => '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products[$x]['products_image'], $new_products[$x]['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products[$x]['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])));

Somehow i have to replace this code from SPPC file

'<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products[$x]['products_image'], $new_products[$x]['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products[$x]['products_name'] . '</a><br>' . $currencies->display_price($new_products[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products[$x]['products_tax_class_id'])));

with this code from the old new_products file

$product_info_str = '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0"><tr>';
$product_info_str .= '<td height="14" class="productBoxHeading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a> </td>';
$product_info_str .= '<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" class="productBox" valign="top"><tr><td>';
$product_info_str .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products['products_image'], $new_products['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
$product_info_str .= '' . $currencies->display_price($new_products['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products['products_tax_class_id']));
$product_info_str .= '<br><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>';

I tried several ways and if I dont just get a blank page I get this error message

“Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in /home/webwolf/weizterfish/shop/includes/modules/new_products.php on line 118”

anybody up for this?

Old code

while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
$new_products['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($new_products['products_id']);
$product_info_str .= '<td height="14" class="productBoxHeading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products['products_name'] . '</a> </td>';	$product_info_str .= '<td height="14" class="productBoxHeadingRcorner"></td>';

New code should IMHO be:

//  while ($new_products = tep_db_fetch_array($new_products_query)) {
 for ($x = 0; $x < $no_of_new_products; $x++) {
// getting products_name added to the $new_products_query above so we can skip this
//	$new_products[$x]['products_name'] = tep_get_products_name($new_products[$x]['products_id']);
$product_info_str .= '<td height="14" class="productBoxHeading"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . $new_products[$x]['products_name'] . '</a> </td>';
$product_info_str .= '<a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO, 'products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $new_products[$x]['products_image'], $new_products[$x]['products_name'], SMALL_IMAGE_WIDTH, SMALL_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '</a>';
$product_info_str .= '' . $currencies->display_price($new_products[$x]['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($new_products[$x]['products_tax_class_id']));
$product_info_str .= '<br><br><a href="' . tep_href_link(basename($PHP_SELF), tep_get_all_get_params(array('action')) . 'action=buy_now&products_id=' . $new_products[$x]['products_id']) . '">' . tep_image_button('button_buy_now.gif', IMAGE_BUTTON_BUY_NOW) . '</a>';

I don't see how you can end up with a parse error like that...

I sometimes do get errors like that (or similar, has been a while) because of unicode characters (unicode spaces) when I cut and paste from webpages. Saving the file as ASCII does away with those kind of errors.

Hi Jan,

I have a little problem, I was hoping you could help me out or point me in the right direction...

I have successfully installed the separate pricing per customer v4.2.2 on my website, and am now attempting to install the quantity price breaks per product for separate pricing per customer v2.0.

I got all the way done, down to editing the last file, which is my product_info.php file, and that is where I have run into a problem, let me explain it in detail below...

The instructions say that I'm supposed to replace this code...

if ($new_price = tep_get_products_special_price($product_info['products_id'])) {
// BOF Separate Pricing per Customer
  if ($customer_group_id > 0) { // only need to check products_groups if customer is not retail
	$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
	if ($scustomer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($scustomer_group_price_query)) {
	  $product_info['products_price']= $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
}
  } // end if ($customer_group_id > 0)
// EOF Separate Pricing per Customer

$products_price = '<s>' . $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</s> <span class="productSpecialPrice">' . $currencies->display_price($new_price, tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id'])) . '</span>';
} else {
  if ($customer_group_id > 0) { // only need to check products_groups if customer is not retail
	$scustomer_group_price_query = tep_db_query("select customers_group_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_GROUPS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id']. "' and customers_group_id =  '" . $customer_group_id . "'");
	if ($scustomer_group_price = tep_db_fetch_array($scustomer_group_price_query)) {
	$product_info['products_price']= $scustomer_group_price['customers_group_price'];
	}
} // end if ($customer_group_id > 0)
  $products_price = $currencies->display_price($product_info['products_price'], tep_get_tax_rate($product_info['products_tax_class_id']));
}

with this code...

// BOF QPBPP for SPPC
$pf->loadProduct((int)$_GET['products_id'], (int)$languages_id);
$products_price = $pf->getPriceString();
// EOF QPBPP for SPPC

And when I do that, it does work correctly. At least the quantity price break works correctly, as the quantity price break table shows up and displays the correct pricing breakdowns. However, the special pricing per customer wholesale price is no longer displayed on the product_info.php page, instead the retail price is shown even though I am logged into a wholesale account.

for example, If i DON'T make the code change that I have shown above, and I view a product page, then I will see the wholesale price if i am logged into a wholesale account, or else I will see a retail price if I am logged into a retail account. I do not see the quantity price break table at all, whether in a wholesale or retail account.

But, if I DO make the code change above, then when I view a product page, I am shown the retail price of the product whether I am logged into a wholesale account or a retail account. I do see the quantity price break table if I am viewing a product that has been set up with quantity price breaks.

So the problem is, if I make the code change that the instructions say, then I will be shown the quantity price break table, but I will no longer be shown the wholesale price of a product even if I am logged into a wholesale account.

Can you please help me with this issue? Perhaps you may know what I'm doing wrong or maybe you know of some coding work around that will solve this problem for me. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Devin

lewisqic

Just installed this great mod. Is there anyway I can show both RETAIL + SPPC Price in product listing with retail price cross out?

kinda of like the Show Price List for SPPC 4.1 contribution but in the product listing instead of the product info page.

Just installed this great mod. Is there anyway I can show both RETAIL + SPPC Price in product listing with retail price cross out?

The quickest solution is probably to insert after p.products_price in the four queries on index.php: p.products_price as retail_price. Then the products_price will be changed in the module due to group prices, but not the retail_price.

Of course you can only show that column when the customer group is different from retail so will have to wrap that in an if statement plus you would need to add that column (find an example in another contribution on how to do that, you would need another column plus some admin configurations to get it in the right spot).

I will be shown the quantity price break table, but I will no longer be shown the wholesale price of a product even if I am logged into a wholesale account.

That is weird. Internally the class PriceFormatter.php uses $this->cg_id to see what customer group the user belongs to.

Checking that it uses that can be done by echo'ing the information ($pf). Check PriceFormatter ($pfs) too. Add this to your footer (for example, in between PHP tags of course):

echo '<pre>';
print_r($pf);
echo '</pre>';

Hello all,

I have a question and I would be grateful if someone could reply. It is not quite relevant with the whole subject, only with a part of it.

I am not interested in creating different prices per customer, I just want different customers groups so that I can sent a different newsletter and product notifications per group. This is very important to me, because I have different discount coupons for each group, and since now I sent the newsletters from my e-mail program on my PC and spent a lot of time to do it.

So I thought I could just use the mail part from this contribution, and create different groups to sent different newsletters as it is shown in the snapshots. But this didn't happen. I made the sql and file modifications but all I got is this:

Newsletter1.jpg

There is no option to create other groups there, and when I click to "update" the different groups option disappears, and the screen becomes as it was before the installation of these files!

newsletter-2.jpg

What shall I do to create these customers groups, so that I can send different e-mails to them? Perhaps it is something very simple, but I can't think anything! Please help! :blink:

What shall I do to create these customers groups, so that I can send different e-mails to them? Perhaps it is something very simple, but I can't think anything!

Just because you only want it to send different email to different groups doesn't mean the newsletter manager is the place to create customer groups...

You create customer groups in admin/customers_groups.php. You then have to go to admin/customers.php to put customers (I guess you will need to do this one by one) into the different groups (drop-down menu when you edit them).

Just because you only want it to send different email to different groups doesn't mean the newsletter manager is the place to create customer groups...

You create customer groups in admin/customers_groups.php. You then have to go to admin/customers.php to put customers (I guess you will need to do this one by one) into the different groups (drop-down menu when you edit them).

I have uploaded admin/customers_groups.php but I saw nothing different in the customers section of the admin, that's why I looked at the Newsletter section. Then I realized I didn't have the customers.php modified. When I added the SCPC code and uploaded the file I hoped to see the new entries in the admin area, but instead when I clicked on the customers tab I saw a blank screen with the message:

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_DOUBLE_ARROW in /hsphere/local/home/.../.../catalog/admin/customers.php on line 172

This is the line 172, in red:

'customers_group_id' => $customers_group_id,

'customers_group_ra' => $customers_group_ra);

I cannot see anything wrong, though. Any ideas?