• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

move, copy and delete multiple products in one step

Can anyone please help me?

I have installed and followed instructions carefully of 2.5 and 2.1 and everything seems to be successful.

Sometimes it works fine and most of the time it gives me this following error:

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\animeworks.com.au\httpdocs\store\admin\products_multi.php on line 15

Warning: main(includes/application_top.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\animeworks.com.au\httpdocs\store\admin\products_multi.php on line 15

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/application_top.php' (include_path='.;./includes;./pear') in C:\Inetpub\vhosts\animeworks.com.au\httpdocs\store\admin\products_multi.php on line 15

I have re-uploaded all files in 2.1 and 2.5, i have deleted cookies and refreshed web page. Still most of the time i get this stupid error.

I have upoaded application_top around 10 times.

I kind of understand the error message but does anyone know what i can do to fix it?

thanks

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in /home/**/public_html/**/includes/languages/english/products_multi.php on line 1

tried re-uploading the 2.1 version and both in binary, no luck.

any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

HI Stephan,

I've installed it but when I try and start the program I get the following error

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Webmaster to request

more access or if you found any problem.

I have cre-loaded 615 installed. SHould that be a problem?

I have chmoded all of admin to 777 but still no go.

Please guide me in the right direction

Cheers

Duane

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you, orginal creator & the modifier of this Multi Product Manager contrib. After having so problems with my many products, I decided to give this a try after reading about it here.

I can tell you this much... The REadme.txt file is flawless. There wasn't even a drop of a problem installing the contrib, and that was due to your precise and accurate instructions. It was that easy to install. I think I took about 10 minutes to do my install.

Thanks a million for all your hard work in doing this. It already saved me hours and hours of work I was dreading to have to do. If you only knew how much this means to me.

Thank you, thank you, & THANK YOU!! -------------- Simply Flawless. I Give It 10 Thumbs Up!

Kevin

"What I didn't know yesterday, I know today & will remember tomorrow"

(By Kwalker)

What do you see when you open up the tep_database-pr2.2-CVS.pdf file that came with your osCommerce download?

I installed the mod and thought all was well until I realized that after using it to delete the default products that come with the install that they were still showing up on the homepage even though the admin page shows the categories to be empty.

I used the "delete in this category" and as far as I can figure I need to manually delete them from the database and their images, etc. from the images file.

• 4 weeks later...

If anyone can help me GREAT!

Otherwise this is my experiance with the contribution......

Ive installed the 2.15 version.

Multiple Products Manager comes up in admin but I get a 404 error in IE.

Ive uploaded the two products_multi.php files from 2.1 and also tried adding the code into application_top.php from version 2.1.

I tried deleting the stuff from general.php too.

Everytime I try the link in admin I get a 404.

If anyone can help me GREAT!

Otherwise this is my experiance with the contribution......

Ive installed the 2.15 version.

Multiple Products Manager comes up in admin but I get a 404 error in IE.

Ive uploaded the two products_multi.php files from 2.1 and also tried adding the code into application_top.php from version 2.1.

I tried deleting the stuff from general.php too.

Everytime I try the link in admin I get a 404.

EDIT

Just to confirm so, I did try using ctrl-refresh and got the 404. I also closed IE then re-opened IE to try again. Still got the 404.

For some reason it now works!

Just to clarify I have the code inserted in general.php

Everything seems to work fine, though I haven't tried completly deleting a product, only from a sub-category.

After about an hour tring to get it to work I can say its a damn useful contribution, glad I spent time on it!!

Cheers for the help guys!

• 1 month later...

REMOVE LATEST VERSION

after days of wasting my time it still does not work.

it will save other people from being pissed off.

it does not work.... fix it before releasing!!!

only the 2.1 verision works.

also, will this create NEW products or just link them?

i have 4 main categories, with 4 sub-categories in each of them, and hundreds of products in those sub-categories.

i need to copy all products from one sub-category into all sub-categories.

because different sub-category products will have different prices depending on what sub-category they are at, I need the products copied so I can list different prices and item numbers.

if they are linked to, so that the price and item number would be the same in all categories, then i just wasted more time. that would suck.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW!!!

if actually COPYING (not linking) cant be done, i will get new software.

i would have to throw weeks of work out the window if this is the case.

its either that or spend a year manually copying products one by one, and i would find another software solution if thats the case.

all that work i did for nothing!

i cant believe the most BASIC functionality is not STANDARD in oscommerse

While copying, products are not duplicated, they are only linked to the new category chosen.

While copying, products are not duplicated, they are only linked to the new category chosen.

CHANGE THE NAME OF THE MODIFICATION.

thanks for wasting my time.

• 2 months later...

is there any chance that you ll make a contirbution that would allow to duplicate categories and move categories and/withouht the products inside

i got for example 35 categories for men clothes , id like to duplicate only the name and tree for women ..

if you got any adice or clue ! thanks in advance

MS2

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I just installed the Feb 25th addition by Joshua to actually be able to copy the products instead of linking them, and this is the error message I am getting when I try to copy.

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-31' for key 1

insert into products_to_categories (products_id, categories_id) values ('0', '31')

[TEP STOP]

Does anyone know what this is and how to correct it?

• 3 weeks later...
Hi everyone,

I just installed the Feb 25th addition by Joshua to actually be able to copy the products instead of linking them, and this is the error message I am getting when I try to copy.

insert into products_to_categories (products_id, categories_id) values ('0', '31')

[TEP STOP]

If I may,

I was having a similar error a short time ago in relation to another mod. The problem stemmed from placing the snippet of code from the mod in the wrong place because another mod was in the way. Check to see where the code was placed for this contribution, you may find the error there.

(But I'm no expert, as JanZ pointed out.) just a suggestion.

I like these mods, there fun! ...65 70 72 75 80 85 125+ contributions installed and counting...

Tools I'm using: OSC2.2 milestone2, Filezilla for FTP, PHP Designer 2007PE (nice), Araxis Merge 6.5 to compare files, XP(my box), Remote Server is shared Apache 1.3 Cpanel, CURL, and PHPmyAdmin through my hosts Cpanel to mess up the database.

Hi everyone,

[TEP STOP]

that latest addition all it did was to copy the attributes. The products copy gets a 0 as the identifier so of course it will fail with that error. This statement

$dup_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

should been performed after the query is through you see. It is the reason the entire copy function fails. In other words there is no query that performs the copy into the products table. There should be something like this:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ".......................

and after that you would have the

i just installed this mod and the link doesnt show up for the multi products manager.

i installed this mod before and worked fine but this time it just doesnt work, im using the newer version oscmax 2.0.

can anyone help me on this?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Hi !

Just installed this contribution, it works well and it is very usefull.

Great work at putting it together, apreciated a lot!

Thank you!

PROBLEM WITH THIS MOD, it does't move products !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PROBLEM WITH THIS MOD, it does't move products !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

hello,

first i had that problem

[TEP STOP]

i solved it by changing the following into my products_to_categories table :

CODE`products_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`categories_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '300',

instead of

CODE`products_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`categories_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

Right now, linked to works perfectly, move to works perfectly, delete works perfectly, but COPY to (DUPLICATE) doesn't work.

The action of duplicating send me on the next page, the one where i want the duplicated product to be, but the product is not there...

Anyone can help me to solve that problem ?

You will have serious problems with this:

hello,

first i had that problem

[TEP STOP]

i solved it by changing the following into my products_to_categories table :

CODE`products_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL auto_increment,
`categories_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '300',

instead of

CODE`products_id` int( 11 ) NOT NULL default '0',
`categories_id` int(11) NOT NULL default '0',

Because the products table drives the rest.

OK i see what you mean.

so then i did put back the defaut '0' but now again, when i ask for Copy to, i get this :

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-214' for key 1

insert into products_to_categories (products_id, categories_id) values ('0', '214')

[TEP STOP]

If I understood ok what is written before (sorry i'm not english speaker...), i have to put this into the products_multi.php :

This statement

should been performed after the query is through you see. It is the reason the entire copy function fails. In other words there is no query that performs the copy into the products table. There should be something like this:

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . ".......................

and after that you would have the

And it is already in the file that i downloaded.

And the problem still be there.

Any idea ?

Does anyone manage to get the copy (not linked copy) to work ?

that's sad it doen't work because it could be a really great contribution and looks like many of us are looking for this function.

this morning, i had others problems with my tables while duplicating in normal way in oscommerce.

so i went to check the tables products and products_description.

I have noticed that when you duplicate with this 'move,copy & delete multiple products contribution', it does appear inside the admin where comes the error message :

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-214' for key 1

insert into products_to_categories (products_id, categories_id) values ('0', '214')

[TEP STOP]

It doesn't apprear inside the table products, BUT IT DOES APPEAR IN THE TABLE PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION.

Does not appear as well in the products_to_categories.

So i deleted all the news entries i did trying this contrib and that were accumulating inside the products_description table, and now, i can again duplicate on the normal way of oscommerce.

so if someone understand that problem and know how to fix it to get this contrib to work, thanks a lot.

there is a bug with the products_description sql table in osc. Use phpmyadmin and remove the auto-increment attribute from the products_id column.

• 2 weeks later...

No it didn't work either.

When doing the duplication, it shows again :

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-4' for key 1

insert into products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_viewed) values ('0', '4', 'AMULETTE DE PROTECTION', '', '0')

[TEP STOP]

sorry, i wanted to edit my post to add more precisions but don't know why, i'm not allowed to do so. (and sorry i'm not english speaker and it's not easy to explain the problem so here is explained an other way) :

No it didn't work either.

When doing the duplication, it shows again on the admin side when doing it :

1062 - Duplicate entry '0-4' for key 1

insert into products_description (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_url, products_viewed) values ('0', '4', 'AMULETTE DE PROTECTION', '', '0')

[TEP STOP]

and in phpmyadmin, in the tables, the duplication of the article works on table product_description but not on table product and on table products_to_categories.

was mentioned earlier

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?s=&...st&p=876886

you need to modify the code quite a bit to make it work.

Hi enigma1, I'm probably being totally dumb here and really would like to get this actually copying editable duplicates rather then link so could you please elaborate for us lesser mortals, if you have got it to work :-" :blush:

Thanks mate :thumbsup:

Archived