• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

Shipdate contribution (shipping arrival date)

Hi

I want to get the shipdate from the spiffycal to show up in the admin orders page, so that when I look at an order it shows the delivery date as well as the date purchased. At the moment I need to check my worldpay confirmation pages to see the delivery date that my customers want their flowers delivered. :'( Can anyone help me? Is there a file I need to adjust for example such as orders.php and add code for the shipdate stored in the database. I am not a PHP coder so I am happy to offer a cash insentive :D to anyone who can help me solve this problem. I just want to get the delivery date to show up on the orders page basicly. :huh: Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards Joanna

Half your problems aren't problems at all and the other half are only half as bad as you think they are :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Plummerm

I desperately need your help or anyone who can solve this problem :'( The callender module has been great for us as we accept orders for flowers that get delivered in and around Britain and we need to know the delivery date that people want. Unfortunately it's blocking orders until the 21st of February, so we are missing out on all our orders for Valentines day on the 14th. It started doing it at midnight last night on the 12th. I can not program in Java so I can not understand the code in the calender.js to change it. Please can you help as I am totaly stuck :( and this is one of the busiest times of year for us. I can send you any files that need changed, I am happy to pay for your time. Thank you in advance for your help.

Kind regards Joanna

Half your problems aren't problems at all and the other half are only half as bad as you think they are :)

How can we have this contribution work for downlable products.

For every downlable products there is no shipping fee and thus the order processing starts with checkout_payment.php page and not with checkout_shipping. As a consequence customers can't achieve the order processing when there are only virtual products in the shopping cart.

How can we modify the contributions to use it only if products_weight > 0?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by mujina

OSC2.2

• 3 months later...

still no solution to get the date in a european format? Instead May 25, 2005 I need 25 Mei, 2005. I searched the files but as (and this thread) but found no answer.........please help with this?!

laterssssss,

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
still no solution to get the date in a european format? Instead May 25, 2005 I need 25 Mei, 2005. I searched the files but as (and this thread) but found no answer.........please help with this?!

laterssssss,

Chris

The format of the date can be adapted with the help of strftime() (see http://php.net/strftime) in those files which are responsible for the output of the delivery date.

• 2 weeks later...

ok first off let me say this is an awesome contribution

just one quick question I managed to get the shipdate to show in invoice and packing slip in the admin section, but how can I gte it to show in the order emails that are sent to myself and customer?

also how can it show up in the account history/order history the customer gets yo view in there account profile....?

is the possibility that im using fancier invoice contribution have anything to do with me not getting the date in email??? i did use winmerge and everything is as it should be to my knowledge..

thanks in advance

indi

Edited by indicaz

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I almost have this working, but I find that when I use Paypal IPN to process payment, the delivery date is never recorded - however, if I use the standard Payment on delivery option, the delivery date is recorded just fine....

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks.

hi.

with regards to current module shipdate,

i was wondering if there's a module that works with shiptime and shiplocation too?

I have 3 locations and 2 timing- morning and afternoon. i would like them to be listboxes in html. but radio buttons are fine too.

they are to appear on the same page as shipdate.

i would also like to check for each morning, not more than 5 deliverys.

basically, i edited all the files that came with shipdate to include shiptime and shiplocation, but i don't know how to pass the variable from html form to session variable on the same page? (same as the calender, on click, it will show the date on that page)

please help.

thanks in advance.

Hi all,

I spent a great part of the past couple of hours trying to include the "Ship Date" as an extra column on the initial Admin/Orders page. (The one showing customer name, order total, date purchased, status, action.) Well, finally I did it and just thought if anyone else was interested in how to do this here are the code changes - *all code changes are in catalog>admin>orders.php*:

1) In catalog>admin>orders.php find (around line 489):

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";

and replace with:

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";

2) Find (around line 492):

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";

and replace with:

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";

3) Find (around line 494):

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' " . $sortorder;

and replace with:

$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' " . $sortorder;

4) Find (around line 467):

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo $HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?></td>

and add after:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_ARRIVAL_DATE; ?></td>

5) Find (around line 511):

<td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo tep_datetime_short($orders['date_purchased']); ?></td>

and add after:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo strftime("%a, %D",$orders['shipdate']); ?></td>

That's it! Here is a screenshot of how it would look (stylesheet differences will apply):

Arrival_Date_Mod.gif

Here is where you can learn more on the different options to display your date using "strftime".

PHP.net strftime function

Hope someone else enjoys this! :D

Chris B.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I almost have this working, but I find that when I use Paypal IPN to process payment, the delivery date is never recorded - however, if I use the standard Payment on delivery option, the delivery date is recorded just fine....

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys

I have following problem and need a Help:

The Shipdate Contribution works great!

But i have problem with possible earliest delivery date.

What i must change in shipsched.php to Delivery also Sunday`s ?

At moment is so that the customer can order also at same day. But Sunday delivery is not possible.

This down is my shipsched.php

Can Somebody help me please?

Saludos

<?
class ShippingSchedule {
var $time_diff;
var $schedule;

var $earliest_date;
var $charges;

function ShippingSchedule(){

//Configure possible earliest delivery date for an order as follows.  This system
	//allows for complex situations where stores need variable amounts of preparation time,etc.
	//as well as simpler schemes.

//The schedule array uses index 0-6 for each day of the week.  0 is sunday, 1 monday, etc.,
	//'start_time' is an integer representing the hour of the day (24 hour)

//Each day uses the previous day's 'target date' as the earliest
	//possible date to deliver on until the 'start_time' specified -- at that point
	//it will use it's own 'target date' as the earliest delivery day.

//ex. an order at 12:25pm on Monday (schedule[1]), the earliest possible day to deliver
	//will be 3 (Wednesday), but after 13:00 on Monday, the earliest poss. day will be 4 (Thurs).

//A start time of 0 would indicate to always use the current day's 'target day'.  In this example,
	//any order on Sunday would have an earliest delivery date of Wednesday.
	$this->schedule[0]=array('start_time'=>0,'target_day'=>0);
	$this->schedule[1]=array('start_time'=>0,'target_day'=>1);
	$this->schedule[2]=array('start_time'=>0,'target_day'=>2);
	$this->schedule[3]=array('start_time'=>0,'target_day'=>3);
	$this->schedule[4]=array('start_time'=>0,'target_day'=>4);
	$this->schedule[5]=array('start_time'=>0,'target_day'=>5);
	$this->schedule[6]=array('start_time'=>0,'target_day'=>6);

}
function EarliestArrival(){
	$current_day=date('w');
	$current_time=date('G'); //any time of the hour will be considered past the hour
	$prev_day=($current_day!=0) ? $current_day-1 : 6;
	$target=($current_time>=$this->schedule[$current_day]['start_time']) ? $this->schedule[$current_day]['target_day'] : $this->schedule[$prev_day]['target_day'];
	$days_needed=($current_day<=$target) ? $target-$current_day : (7-$current_day)+$target;
	$this->earliest_date=mktime(0,0,0,date('m'),date('d')+$days_needed,date('Y'));
}
function DateStillValid($shipdate){
	if(!isset($this->earliest_date))$this->EarliestArrival();
	$result=($this->earliest_date>$shipdate) ? false : true;
	return $result;
}
function DateInfo($datestamp){
	//This functions returns an array containing info about whether a date is valid for delivery
	//and the CSS class for the calendar.  The classes are defined in calendar.css

//Currently Sunday is considered invalid and Saturday is a different class,
	//although for now its class is defined the same as other valid days.

if(!isset($this->earliest_date))$this->EarliestArrival();
	if($datestamp>=$this->earliest_date){
		if(date('w',$datestamp)==6){
			$result['valid']=true;
			$result['class']='s_valid';
		}elseif(date('w',$datestamp)==0){
			$result['valid']=false;
			$result['class']='invalid';
		}else{
			$result['valid']=true;
			$result['class']='valid';
		}
	}else{
		$result['valid']=false;
		$result['class']='invalid';
	}
	return $result;
}

}
?>

• 1 month later...
Hi,

Thanks.

This is exactly the same for me but i get a date recorded, just the wrong one, Thursday, January 1st, 1970, incredibly bizarre..... it works fine with all other payment modules but produces this one when using paypal.

Hi all,

I spent a great part of the past couple of hours trying to include the "Ship Date" as an extra column on the initial Admin/Orders page. (The one showing customer name, order total, date purchased, status, action.) Well, finally I did it and just thought if anyone else was interested in how to do this here are the code changes - *all code changes are in catalog>admin>orders.php*:

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";

and replace with:

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";

and replace with:

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' " . $sortorder;

and replace with:

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' " . $sortorder;

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo $HEADING_DATE_PURCHASED; ?></td>

and add after:

<td class="dataTableHeadingContent" align="center"><?php echo TEXT_ARRIVAL_DATE; ?></td>

<td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo tep_datetime_short($orders['date_purchased']); ?></td>

and add after:

<td class="dataTableContent" align="center"><?php echo strftime("%a, %D",$orders['shipdate']); ?></td>

That's it! Here is a screenshot of how it would look (stylesheet differences will apply):

Arrival_Date_Mod.gif

Here is where you can learn more on the different options to display your date using "strftime".

Chris B.

Hi all,

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";

and replace with:

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.customers_id = '" . (int)$cID . "' and o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by orders_id DESC";

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";

and replace with:

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and s.orders_status_id = '" . (int)$status . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' order by o.orders_id DESC";

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' " . $sortorder;

and replace with:

? ? ?$orders_query_raw = "select o.orders_id, o.customers_name, o.customers_id, o.payment_method, o.date_purchased, o.shipdate, o.last_modified, o.currency, o.currency_value, s.orders_status_name, ot.text as order_total from " . TABLE_ORDERS . " o left join " . TABLE_ORDERS_TOTAL . " ot on (o.orders_id = ot.orders_id), " . TABLE_ORDERS_STATUS . " s where o.orders_status = s.orders_status_id and s.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and ot.class = 'ot_total' " . $sortorder;

and add after:

and add after:

Arrival_Date_Mod.gif

Chris B.

Wow!!! If this works for me, this will have solved 1 of 2 of my dilemmas.

Dilemma #2...help will be highly appreciated. Does anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how to show the shipdate in the shopping cart? What if the customer wants to order items but wants it delivered at another date?

The application for this is that the customer will be given the option to buy ahead of time (for the planner types out there). For example, a customer buys gift vouchers for all the bosses but deliverable on boss's day (same office, same address for all recipients), also would like to buy gift vouchers but deliverable on Christmas...and so on. The only way this can be accomplished is if the customer confirms check out and then shop again then check out for the second delivery date...and sometimes customers don't want to go back and shop again if they've already checked out.

I've been looking and trying but no luck...unfortunately, I don't have the PHP savviness that oscommerce contributors have.

[hat's off to the contributors] :thumbsup:

P.s. sorry about my initial post...must've clicked on the wrong button

I got it...well somewhat...it's a roundabout way but it serves my purpose and NO PHP changes at that. Here's what I did:

Use admin to create a product attribute called shipdate. Add a value to shipdate (i.e. all the days of the year...i know this is going to take up too much database space--but 'ya know it works). Then turnaround and add each of the days of the year to each product. Since I only deliver certain days of the week, I only add the days in which I know I have a delivery.

Now, each time a customer shops, he/she may elect from a drop-down the shipdate that he/she wants it delivered. I simply created a query in MySql so that I can run a report of what needs to be delivered when.

If there's a programmatic way to do this even better, but for now, the show must go on and this will do.

;)

• 2 weeks later...

This may be a bit of an outrageous question, or a silly one, but i'll ask anyway! :D

I've set up the calendar so it is possible to select a Saturday - however the store owner wants the correct delivery rate to be selected upon picking a saturday.

The delivery rates are:

Next Day Delivery: Free

Next Day After 9am: ?12.00

Saturday Delivery: ?15.00

I have put lots of bold text saying IF YOU PICK A SATURDAY FOR DELIVERY YOU MUST SELECT THE CORRECT POSTAGE RATE.....

but some people are ignoring this, and are just going with the free next day delivery, which is a problem. We still say "if you dont pick the saturday rate, we'll just deliver it monday" - but it'd be great if the postage rate defaults to saturday if they pick a saturday on the calendar.

Or is this too complex - as i realise the contributions arent independent on one another.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi

Excellent contribution i must say.... but ive got a modified oscommerce store (templated)

and ive tried to use winmerge to find the code i should use to put into my code WITHOUT success :(

sorry to say

was just wandering does anybody have the "FIND" "REPLACE" code i need for my modified 2.2 shop??

anyone??

thanks in Advance..... :)

www.crowsnestfloristandgifts.com.au

Cheers