• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I have the latest Header Tags Installed.

After I am done editing all the Meta Fields, my Products Page Title: and Store Name are not spaced apart.

Example: (Browser Title)

Product NameStore Name : -

How can I fix that?

:::Edited:::

Nevermind. I thought about in english/header_tags :

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL',' Store Name : ');

instead of

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','Store Name : ');

Problem Solved

Edited by TCwho

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jack:

Thank you for all your hard work, my osc store is gaining ground by tweaking the keywords, title, and description. I am almost 3 lines away from 1st. position on google using the product model's. I a have another site called DVBResource.com where I do reviews of equipment and do have mostly all 1st positions on google.

I tried the catagory addition to your contrib, but I had Catagory descriptions installed and it was too much for my brain. But I did notice that the catagory titles are at the top title so I think the Cat Descriptions mod have the title intergerated all ready

Thanks Again !

Jimmy

DVBHardware.com

I'm not a coder just a splicer.

Well, I have been reading this thread to get a solution, but don't see one yet. I have the same issue only on my category pages.

I have Category Descriptions loaded and Header Tag Controller.

The title and meta descriptions do not show up. They work on the main home page, and on the product page, but not on the category pages. This is a new test store and you can see an example at www.labelrack.com

Can someone post the correction if known.

Laser labels, barcode labels, custom labels

Jimmie - That's really great. HTC really can make a difference when used properly. I'm glad your site is doing so well.

John - What do you mean when you say you have "Category Descriptions loaded?' is that the Category Meta Tags contribution, the categores part from HTC or something else? If it is not the code from HTC, I won't be able to help you since I am not familiar with that code. If it s the code from the HTC contribution and the category titles are not showing up, then be sure you havemade the code changes to index.php and you have entered the HTC information for the categories in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack; I think he means on the index.php there is a a section or two where your HTC catagory tag conflicts with the catagorie descriptions contrib. I seen it, it was beyond me to properly code the two together.

Jimmy

Yeah, that's what I thought too. Since I am not familar with that contribution, there's not much I can do to help unfortunately.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That is it Jimmie. I have 2 sites. One has the old HTC from back in early 2004 and it works well with both the HTC and Category Descriptions Contrib. With the new updated HTC on my new site and the Cat Desc Cont, I now lose the title and meta desc. The meta keywords are there though.... interesting. See the source on a category at www.labelrack.com

That is it Jimmie. I have 2 sites. One has the old HTC from back in early 2004 and it works well with both the HTC and Category Descriptions Contrib. With the new updated HTC on my new site and the Cat Desc Cont, I now lose the title and meta desc. The meta keywords are there though.... interesting. See the source on a category at www.labelrack.com

I am using the latest HTC, but I did not finish the catagory part due to the Caragory Desc. contrib that seems to do the Title Tag.

Why I have 3 language tags I do not know, I cannot find all the 3 roots

www.DVBHardware.com

I can get the mettatags working for my product pages so it's has the followingtype of headers

<!-- Using Template File [includes/sts_template.html) -->
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
 <title>6pc Sanding SheetsIdeal Handling Ltd : </title>
 <META NAME="Description" Content="FOR USE WITH THE HP187 1/3 SHEET SANDER
CONTAINS:
 2 X FINE, 2 X MEDIUM AND 2 X COARSE SANDING SHEETS
All Handy Power products are covered by a 12 month Replacement Warranty Ideal Handling : Workplace products and Health and Safety Solutions Provider">
 <META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="sanding sheets, sander, accessories, tool, workshop, HPA187 health and safety, materials handling, workplace solutions, storage, racking, lockers, sack trucks, cylinder handling, cages, personal protection equipment, safety boots, matting, flooring, warehouse, safety signs">
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">
 <META NAME="Reply-to" CONTENT="[email protected]">
<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->
<base href="http://www.ideal-handling.com/catalog/">

But I the headers don't show for the categories, has anyone got the categories addition working with STS? I used to have categories descriptions contribution but stripped that out completely and installed the header tags contribution for categories.

Any help would be appreciated.

The HTC categories code goes in the index.php file, replacing the existing code that displays the page header. I don't use STS but as I recall, STS doesn't use that code. The actual meta tags should still word but the page header won't display without editing the STS code (I think).

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The STS is not my issue and should not interfear with Meta tags. My issue is just the loss of the category meta tag for Description and title in the page source. The tags work on the main index page and on the product page, but not the category pages. Below is my index.php if anyone can help:

<?php
/*
 $Id: index.php,v 1.1 2003/06/11 17:37:59 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php
 $category_depth = 'top';
 if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {
   $categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
   $cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);
   if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {
     $category_depth = 'products'; // display products
   } else {
     $category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);
     if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {
       $category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories
     } else {
       $category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message
     }
   }
 }

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);
?>
<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>
<head>

<?php
// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
// Replaced by header_tags.php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
 <title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>
<?php
}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
?>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">
</head>
<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">
<!-- header //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>
<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->
<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="3" cellpadding="3">
 <tr>
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- left_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>
<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
<!-- body_text //-->
<?php
if ($category_depth == 'nested') {
   $category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image, c.category_head_title_tag, c.category_head_desc_tag, c.category_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
   $category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);
?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
         <tr>
                       <td class="pageHeading">
            <?php 
              if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {
                echo $category['categories_heading_title'];
              } else {
                echo HEADING_TITLE;
              }
            ?>
           </td>            
<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $category['categories_image'], $category['categories_name'], HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
  <?php if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_description'])) ) { ?>
  <tr>
           <td align="left" colspan="2" class="category_desc"><?php echo $category['categories_description']; ?></td>
  </tr>
  <?php } ?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '100%', '10'); ?></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
         <tr>
           <td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
             <tr>
<?php
   if (isset($cPath) && strpos('_', $cPath)) {
// check to see if there are deeper categories within the current category
     $category_links = array_reverse($cPath_array);
     for($i=0, $n=sizeof($category_links); $i<$n; $i++) {
       $categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
       $categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query);
       if ($categories['total'] < 1) {
         // do nothing, go through the loop
       } else {
         $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$category_links[$i] . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
         break; // we've found the deepest category the customer is in
       }
     }
   } else {
     $categories_query = tep_db_query("select c.categories_id, cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.parent_id from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' order by sort_order, cd.categories_name");
   }

$number_of_categories = tep_db_num_rows($categories_query);

$rows = 0;
   while ($categories = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_query)) {
     $rows++;
     $cPath_new = tep_get_path($categories['categories_id']);
     $width = (int)(100 / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) . '%';
     echo '                <td align="center" class="smallText" width="' . $width . '" valign="top"><a href="' . tep_href_link(FILENAME_DEFAULT, $cPath_new) . '">' . tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $categories['categories_image'], $categories['categories_name'], SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_WIDTH, SUBCATEGORY_IMAGE_HEIGHT) . '<br>' . $categories['categories_name'] . '</a></td>' . "\n";
     if ((($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW) == floor($rows / MAX_DISPLAY_CATEGORIES_PER_ROW)) && ($rows != $number_of_categories)) {
       echo '              </tr>' . "\n";
       echo '              <tr>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// needed for the new products module shown below
   $new_products_category_id = $current_category_id;
?>
             </tr>
           </table></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } elseif ($category_depth == 'products' || isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
// create column list
   $define_list = array('PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL' => PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME' => PRODUCT_LIST_NAME,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER' => PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE' => PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY' => PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT' => PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE' => PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE,
                        'PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW' => PRODUCT_LIST_BUY_NOW);

asort($define_list);

$column_list = array();
   reset($define_list);
   while (list($key, $value) = each($define_list)) {
     if ($value > 0) $column_list[] = $key;
   }

$select_column_list = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
     switch ($column_list[$i]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_model, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $select_column_list .= 'pd.products_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $select_column_list .= 'm.manufacturers_name, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_quantity, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_image, ';
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $select_column_list .= 'p.products_weight, ';
         break;
     }
   }

// show the products of a specified manufacturer
   if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) {
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only a specific category
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and pd.products_id = p.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'";
     }
   } else {
// show the products in a given categorie
     if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'])) {
// We are asked to show only specific catgeory
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and m.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] . "' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     } else {
// We show them all
       $listing_sql = "select " . $select_column_list . " p.products_id, p.manufacturers_id, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, NULL) as specials_new_products_price, IF(s.status, s.specials_new_products_price, p.products_price) as final_price from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p left join " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m on p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c left join " . TABLE_SPECIALS . " s on p.products_id = s.products_id where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.products_id = p2c.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'";
     }
   }

if ( (!isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (!ereg('[1-8][ad]', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'])) || (substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0, 1) > sizeof($column_list)) ) {
     for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($column_list); $i<$n; $i++) {
       if ($column_list[$i] == 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME') {
         $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'] = $i+1 . 'a';
         $listing_sql .= " order by pd.products_name";
         break;
       }
     }
   } else {
     $sort_col = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 0 , 1);
     $sort_order = substr($HTTP_GET_VARS['sort'], 1);
     $listing_sql .= ' order by ';
     switch ($column_list[$sort_col-1]) {
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MODEL':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_model " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_NAME':
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '');
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_MANUFACTURER':
         $listing_sql .= "m.manufacturers_name " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_QUANTITY':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_quantity " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_IMAGE':
         $listing_sql .= "pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_WEIGHT':
         $listing_sql .= "p.products_weight " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
       case 'PRODUCT_LIST_PRICE':
         $listing_sql .= "final_price " . ($sort_order == 'd' ? 'desc' : '') . ", pd.products_name";
         break;
     }
   }
//$category_query = tep_db_query("select c.category_head_title_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");
//$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query); 
// Get the category name and description
$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . $current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . $languages_id . "'");
   ?>
   <td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading">
            <?php 
              if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_heading_title'])) ) {
                echo $category['categories_heading_title'];
              } else {
                echo HEADING_TITLE;
              }
            ?>
           </td>

<?php
// optional Product List Filter
   if (PRODUCT_LIST_FILTER > 0) {
       $filterlist_sql = "select distinct c.categories_id as id, cd.categories_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where p.products_status = '1' and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = c.categories_id and p2c.categories_id = cd.categories_id and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and p.manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "' order by cd.categories_name";
     } else {
       $filterlist_sql= "select distinct m.manufacturers_id as id, m.manufacturers_name as name from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " p2c, " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " m where p.products_status = '1' and p.manufacturers_id = m.manufacturers_id and p.products_id = p2c.products_id and p2c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' order by m.manufacturers_name";
     }
     $filterlist_query = tep_db_query($filterlist_sql);
     if (tep_db_num_rows($filterlist_query) > 1) {
       echo '            <td align="center" class="main">' . tep_draw_form('filter', FILENAME_DEFAULT, 'get') . TEXT_SHOW . ' ';
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('manufacturers_id', $HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES));
       } else {
         echo tep_draw_hidden_field('cPath', $cPath);
         $options = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS));
       }
       echo tep_draw_hidden_field('sort', $HTTP_GET_VARS['sort']);
       while ($filterlist = tep_db_fetch_array($filterlist_query)) {
         $options[] = array('id' => $filterlist['id'], 'text' => $filterlist['name']);
       }
       echo tep_draw_pull_down_menu('filter_id', $options, (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['filter_id'] : ''), 'onchange="this.form.submit()"');
       echo '</form></td>' . "\n";
     }
   }

// Get the right image for the top-right
   $image = DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_list.gif';
     $image = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_image from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " where manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['manufacturers_image'];
   } elseif ($current_category_id) {
     $image = tep_db_query("select categories_image from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");
     $image = tep_db_fetch_array($image);
     $image = $image['categories_image'];
   }
?>
           <td align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . $image, HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
  <?php if ( (ALLOW_CATEGORY_DESCRIPTIONS == 'true') && (tep_not_null($category['categories_description'])) ) { ?>
  <tr>
           <td align="left" colspan="2" class="category_desc"><?php echo $category['categories_description']; ?></td>
  </tr>
  <?php } ?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
       <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_PRODUCT_LISTING); ?></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 } else { // default page
?>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="pageHeading"><?php echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td>
           <td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'table_background_default.gif', HEADING_TITLE, HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>
         </tr>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
     <tr>
     </tr>
     <tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo tep_customer_greeting(); ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_MAIN; ?></td>
         </tr>
         <tr>
         </tr>
         <tr>
           <td><?php include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_NEW_PRODUCTS); ?></td>
         </tr>
<?php
   include(DIR_WS_MODULES . FILENAME_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS);
?>
       </table></td>
     </tr>
   </table></td>
<?php
 }
?>
<!-- body_text_eof //-->
   <td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">
<!-- right_navigation //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_right.php'); ?>
<!-- right_navigation_eof //-->
   </table></td>
 </tr>
</table>
<!-- body_eof //-->

<!-- footer //-->
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'footer.php'); ?>
<!-- footer_eof //-->
<br>
</body>
</html>
<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'application_bottom.php'); ?>

You can see the Category Description Contriputions right after the header tag contribution. It should not be dificult, I just can't figure it out.....

Jack, I think my issue is in the line

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image, c.category_head_title_tag, c.category_head_desc_tag, c.category_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

from the Category Desc contribution and:

$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.category_head_title_tag, c.category_head_desc_tag, c.category_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

From Header Tags. Is there a way to combine these?

Im having the same problem that others have stated, but haven't been able to resolve the problems. I downloaded the 'full install' off of JacksMCS's site and installed his Categories.php file in the admin directory from his zip file, and I have my products name back in my admin - but I lose control of categories and it doesn't autofill the categories name.

Did not the old versions automatically fill the name of the categories?

Can someone point me to the right version to use? As I can't figure out what we would install the new versions when the old version did exactly the same - well you have a bit more control over things in the new version but I just want the category names to show up and actually i would prefer not to have the h1 tags showing up.\

also i cant figure out why it is doing this too. in your english/headertags.php file you can make all your changees there right? I do and some things fill in on the pages and even add whatever else you want based on a category or product, while others just rely on what you fill in for the category or product. there seems to be no cohesive method to this contributions method of operation to be understandable. if i add everything i want then it carries over to each page but if i leave some stuff out because its going to show up on the subsequent pages, i am shorting myself on my initial page. is this about the jist of things?

Jack, I think my issue is in the line

? ?$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description, c.categories_image, c.category_head_title_tag, c.category_head_desc_tag, c.category_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

from the Category Desc contribution and:

? ?$category_query = tep_db_query("select cd.categories_name, c.categories_image, c.category_head_title_tag, c.category_head_desc_tag, c.category_head_keywords_tag from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " c, " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " cd where c.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and cd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

? ?$category = tep_db_fetch_array($category_query);

From Header Tags. Is there a way to combine these?

The first one is identical to the second except you are pulling in cd.categories_heading_title, cd.categories_description from the categories_description table. So, you basically have duplicate information - depending on how you have it set up. You can use those items instead of the header tags ones by using
    <td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_heading_title']?></h1></td>

instead of

<td><h1><?php echo $category['category_head_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Im having the same problem that others have stated, but haven't been able to resolve the problems.  I downloaded the 'full install' off of JacksMCS's site and installed his Categories.php file in the admin directory from his zip file, and I have my products name back in my admin - but I lose control of categories and it doesn't autofill the categories name.

Did not the old versions automatically fill the name of the categories?

Can someone point me to the right version to use?  As I can't figure out what we would install the new versions when the old version did exactly the same - well you have a bit more control over things in the new version but I just want the category names to show up and actually i would prefer not to have the h1 tags showing up.\

also i cant figure out why it is doing this too.  in your english/headertags.php file you can make all your changees there right?  I do and some things fill in on the pages and even add whatever else you want based on a category or product, while others just rely on what you fill in for the category or product.  there seems to be no cohesive method to this contributions method of operation to be understandable.  if i add everything i want then it carries over to each page but if i leave some stuff out because its going to show up on the subsequent pages, i am shorting myself on my initial page.  is this about the jist of things?

No, the previous version did not handle categories, thus the update. Your problem is probably that you have not filled in the new category tags. For now, they have to be done manually. I plan on adding the required fields to Easy Populate and an auto-fill option that will read in the category title but I haven't had the time to do so.

You don't have to use the category option. The purpose of the contribution is to help improve your position in the SERP's. Using h1 instead of the default class is one of the ways to do that but you can certainly pull it out if it bothers you. It won't break anything as long as you put the original code back in.

I don't follow your last paragraph at all. You have to add entries for each page of your site that you want to have unique titles and meta tags. The ones that come with the contribution are special case ones. All others are just as per the instructions. If you are not seeing unique titles on each page, then you don't have it setup right or there is a problem with the installation.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

alright, I had to resort to the old header tag contrib to make it work with my category description contrib and all works fine. Does anyone remember how to get the title tag in the categories to read category title+index title. It currently reads index title then category title, but I can't remember how to switch that around. See example

www.labelrack.com

and

http://www.labelrack.com/barcode-ribbon-c-22.html

where on the second one it has barcode ribbons on at the end of the title, I am trying to get it on the begining.

One of the advantages of installing Header Tags is that you can make changes to any page all from one file - includes/languaes/header_tags.php.  The define in english.php is no longer used.

Jack

Hmm...

I just created a catalog/about_us.php page + catalog/includes/languages/english/about_us.php

....I am missing the following:

<title>HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ABOUTUS</title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="HEAD_DESC_TAG_ABOUTUS">

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="HEAD_KEY_TAG_ABOUTUS">

...dont want to rock the boat by messing around with this contribution... so Im gonna ask first. What do I need to do?

----Not Related----

Suggestion: With every new release, someone should do a search and replace for all the old version numbers and change them to the latest numbers. I think I am somewhere around 2.4.0 or 2.4.1 .... ??? Kinda confusing to keep up and remember....without taking notes.... Duh!

When you add a new page, you need to replace thiese lines

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

with

<?php
// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
// Replaced by header_tags.php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
<?php
}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0
?>

Then go into includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php and add the code for the new page. You do this by just copying one of the sections of code on the page and changing the names to match the new page. In the latest version (or two) of HTC, I included the code for an About Us page so you can just use that.

You are correct about the updates. That's a problem with any contribution. I'll try to pay more attention fixing that for the ones I do from now on.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I love this contribution, and it works a treat except for one teeny tiny enormous thing - when I add a new product or edit an exisiting product, everything in the tag fields are being wiped out - so now I have products with no name, etc...

I'm thinking it's gotta be my categories.php file - but I've stared at it for 2 days now and my eyes are bleeding - can someone help me find the culprit or offer other suggestions?

<?php

/*

$Id: categories.php,v 1.146 2003/07/11 14:40:27 hpdl Exp $

osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions

http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License

*/

require('includes/application_top.php');

require(DIR_WS_CLASSES . 'currencies.php');

$currencies = new currencies();

$action = (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['action']) ? $HTTP_GET_VARS['action'] : '');

// Ultimate SEO URLs - by Chemo

// If the action will affect the cache entries

if ( eregi("(insert|update|setflag)", $action) ) include_once('includes/reset_seo_cache.php');

if (tep_not_null($action)) {

switch ($action) {

case 'setflag':

if ( ($HTTP_GET_VARS['flag'] == '0') || ($HTTP_GET_VARS['flag'] == '1') ) {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) {

tep_set_product_status($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'], $HTTP_GET_VARS['flag']);

}

if (USE_CACHE == 'true') {

tep_reset_cache_block('categories');

tep_reset_cache_block('also_purchased');

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['cPath'] . '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']));

break;

case 'insert_category':

case 'update_category':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) $categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']);

$sort_order = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['sort_order']);

$sql_data_array = array('sort_order' => $sort_order);

//begin Header Tags Controller

$htc_title = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['htc_title']);

$htc_title_data = array('category_head_title_tag' => $htc_title);

$htc_desc = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['htc_desc']);

$htc_desc_data = array('category_head_desc_tag' => $htc_desc);

$htc_keywords = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['htc_keywords']);

$htc_keywords_data = array('category_head_keywords_tag' => $htc_keywords);

//end Header Tags Controller  

if ($action == 'insert_category') {

$insert_sql_data = array('parent_id' => $current_category_id,

'date_added' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $insert_sql_data);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $htc_title_data);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $htc_desc_data);

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $htc_keywords_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES, $sql_data_array);

$categories_id = tep_db_insert_id();

} elseif ($action == 'update_category') {

$update_sql_data = array('last_modified' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $update_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES, $sql_data_array, 'update', "categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

}

$languages = tep_get_languages();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($languages); $i<$n; $i++) {

$categories_name_array = $HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_name'];

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

if ($action == 'insert_category') {

$insert_sql_data = array('categories_id' => $categories_id,

'language_id' => $languages[$i]['id']);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);

} elseif ($action == 'update_category') {

tep_db_perform(TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages[$i]['id'] . "'");

}

}

if ($categories_image = new upload('categories_image', DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set categories_image = '" . tep_db_input($categories_image->filename) . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

}

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set category_head_title_tag = '" . $htc_title . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set category_head_desc_tag = '" . $htc_desc . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set category_head_keywords_tag = '" . $htc_keywords . "' where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&cID=' . $categories_id));

break;

case 'delete_category_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) {

$categories_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']);

$categories = tep_get_category_tree($categories_id, '', '0', '', true);

$products = array();

$products_delete = array();

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($categories); $i<$n; $i++) {

$product_ids_query = tep_db_query("select products_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories[$i]['id'] . "'");

while ($product_ids = tep_db_fetch_array($product_ids_query)) {

$products[$product_ids['products_id']]['categories'][] = $categories[$i]['id'];

}

}

reset($products);

while (list($key, $value) = each($products)) {

$category_ids = '';

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($value['categories']); $i<$n; $i++) {

$category_ids .= "'" . (int)$value['categories'][$i] . "', ";

}

$category_ids = substr($category_ids, 0, -2);

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$key . "' and categories_id not in (" . $category_ids . ")");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['total'] < '1') {

$products_delete[$key] = $key;

}

}

// removing categories can be a lengthy process

tep_set_time_limit(0);

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($categories); $i<$n; $i++) {

tep_remove_category($categories[$i]['id']);

}

reset($products_delete);

while (list($key) = each($products_delete)) {

tep_remove_product($key);

}

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath));

break;

case 'delete_product_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['product_categories']) && is_array($HTTP_POST_VARS['product_categories'])) {

$product_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);

$product_categories = $HTTP_POST_VARS['product_categories'];

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($product_categories); $i<$n; $i++) {

tep_db_query("delete from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$product_categories[$i] . "'");

}

$product_categories_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$product_id . "'");

$product_categories = tep_db_fetch_array($product_categories_query);

if ($product_categories['total'] == '0') {

tep_remove_product($product_id);

}

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath));

break;

case 'move_category_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'] != $HTTP_POST_VARS['move_to_category_id'])) {

$new_parent_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['move_to_category_id']);

$path = explode('_', tep_get_generated_category_path_ids($new_parent_id));

if (in_array($categories_id, $path)) {

$messageStack->add_session(ERROR_CANNOT_MOVE_CATEGORY_TO_PARENT, 'error');

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&cID=' . $categories_id));

} else {

tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " set parent_id = '" . (int)$new_parent_id . "', last_modified = now() where categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $new_parent_id . '&cID=' . $categories_id));

}

}

break;

case 'move_product_confirm':

$products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);

$new_parent_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['move_to_category_id']);

$duplicate_check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$new_parent_id . "'");

$duplicate_check = tep_db_fetch_array($duplicate_check_query);

if ($duplicate_check['total'] < 1) tep_db_query("update " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " set categories_id = '" . (int)$new_parent_id . "' where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $new_parent_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));

break;

case 'insert_product':

case 'update_product':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['edit_x']) || isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['edit_y'])) {

$action = 'new_product';

} else {

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'])) $products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']);

$products_date_available = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_date_available']);

$products_date_available = (date('Y-m-d') < $products_date_available) ? $products_date_available : 'null';

$sql_data_array = array('products_quantity' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_quantity']),

'products_model' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_model']),

'products_price' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_price']),

'products_date_available' => $products_date_available,

'products_weight' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_weight']),

'products_status' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_status']),

'products_tax_class_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_tax_class_id']),

'manufacturers_id' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['manufacturers_id']));

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']) && ($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image'] != 'none')) {

$sql_data_array['products_image'] = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_image']);

}

if ($action == 'insert_product') {

$insert_sql_data = array('products_date_added' => 'now()');

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array);

$products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$current_category_id . "')");

} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {

$update_sql_data = array('products_last_modified' => 'now()');

$sql_data_array = array_merge($sql_data_array, $update_sql_data);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

}

$language_id = $languages[$i]['id'];

$sql_data_array = array('products_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'][$language_id]),

'products_description' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'][$language_id]),

'products_url' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'][$language_id]),

'products_head_title_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'][$language_id]),

'products_head_desc_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'][$language_id]),

'products_head_keywords_tag' => tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'][$language_id]));  

if ($action == 'insert_product') {

$insert_sql_data = array('products_id' => $products_id,

'language_id' => $language_id);

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array);

} elseif ($action == 'update_product') {

tep_db_perform(TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION, $sql_data_array, 'update', "products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$language_id . "'");

}

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . '&pID=' . $products_id));

}

break;

case 'copy_to_confirm':

if (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']) && isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['categories_id'])) {

$products_id = tep_db_prepare_input($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_id']);

if ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'link') {

if ($categories_id != $current_category_id) {

$check_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "' and categories_id = '" . (int)$categories_id . "'");

$check = tep_db_fetch_array($check_query);

if ($check['total'] < '1') {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");

}

} else {

$messageStack->add_session(ERROR_CANNOT_LINK_TO_SAME_CATEGORY, 'error');

}

} elseif ($HTTP_POST_VARS['copy_as'] == 'duplicate') {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select products_quantity, products_model, products_image, products_price, products_date_available, products_weight, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " (products_quantity, products_model,products_image, products_price, products_date_added, products_date_available, products_weight, products_status, products_tax_class_id, manufacturers_id) values ('" . tep_db_input($product['products_quantity']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_model']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_image']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_price']) . "',  now(), '" . tep_db_input($product['products_date_available']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($product['products_weight']) . "', '0', '" . (int)$product['products_tax_class_id'] . "', '" . (int)$product['manufacturers_id'] . "')");

$dup_products_id = tep_db_insert_id();

$description_query = tep_db_query("select language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " where products_id = '" . (int)$products_id . "'");

while ($description = tep_db_fetch_array($description_query)) {

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " (products_id, language_id, products_name, products_description, products_head_title_tag, products_head_desc_tag, products_head_keywords_tag, products_url, products_viewed) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$description['language_id'] . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_name']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_description']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_title_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_desc_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_head_keywords_tag']) . "', '" . tep_db_input($description['products_url']) . "', '0')");

}    

tep_db_query("insert into " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " (products_id, categories_id) values ('" . (int)$dup_products_id . "', '" . (int)$categories_id . "')");

$products_id = $dup_products_id;

}

}

}

tep_redirect(tep_href_link(FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $categories_id . '&pID=' . $products_id));

break;

case 'new_product_preview':

// copy image only if modified

$products_image = new upload('products_image');

$products_image->set_destination(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES);

if ($products_image->parse() && $products_image->save()) {

$products_image_name = $products_image->filename;

} else {

$products_image_name = (isset($HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image']) ? $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_previous_image'] : '');

}

break;

}

}

// check if the catalog image directory exists

if (is_dir(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) {

if (!is_writeable(DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES)) $messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_NOT_WRITEABLE, 'error');

} else {

$messageStack->add(ERROR_CATALOG_IMAGE_DIRECTORY_DOES_NOT_EXIST, 'error');

}

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/stylesheet.css">

<script language="javascript" src="includes/general.js"></script>

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0" bgcolor="#FFFFFF" onload="SetFocus();">

<div id="spiffycalendar" class="text"></div>

<!-- header //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header.php'); ?>

<!-- header_eof //-->

<!-- body //-->

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="2" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" valign="top"><table border="0" width="<?php echo BOX_WIDTH; ?>" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="1" class="columnLeft">

<!-- left_navigation //-->

<?php require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'column_left.php'); ?>

<!-- left_navigation_eof //-->

</table></td>

<!-- body_text //-->

<td width="100%" valign="top">

<?php

if ($action == 'new_product') {

$parameters = array('products_name' => '',

'products_description' => '',

'products_url' => '',

'products_id' => '',

'products_quantity' => '',

'products_model' => '',

'products_image' => '',

'products_price' => '',

'products_weight' => '',

'products_date_added' => '',

'products_last_modified' => '',

'products_date_available' => '',

'products_status' => '',

'products_tax_class_id' => '',

'manufacturers_id' => '');

$pInfo = new objectInfo($parameters);

if (isset ($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) && (!$HTTP_POST_VARS) ) {

$product_query = tep_db_query("select pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_id, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, date_format(p.products_date_available, '%Y-%m-%d') as products_date_available, p.products_status, p.products_tax_class_id, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "' and p.products_id = pd.products_id and pd.language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);  

$pInfo->objectInfo($product);

} elseif (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {

$pInfo->objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);

$products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];

$products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];

$products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];

}

$manufacturers_array = array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_NONE));

$manufacturers_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_id, manufacturers_name from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS . " order by manufacturers_name");

while ($manufacturers = tep_db_fetch_array($manufacturers_query)) {

$manufacturers_array[] = array('id' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_id'],

'text' => $manufacturers['manufacturers_name']);

}

$tax_class_array = array(array('id' => '0', 'text' => TEXT_NONE));

$tax_class_query = tep_db_query("select tax_class_id, tax_class_title from " . TABLE_TAX_CLASS . " order by tax_class_title");

while ($tax_class = tep_db_fetch_array($tax_class_query)) {

$tax_class_array[] = array('id' => $tax_class['tax_class_id'],

'text' => $tax_class['tax_class_title']);

}

if (!isset($pInfo->products_status)) $pInfo->products_status = '1';

switch ($pInfo->products_status) {

case '0': $in_status = false; $out_status = true; break;

case '1':

default: $in_status = true; $out_status = false;

}

?>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/javascript/spiffyCal/spiffyCal_v2_1.css">

<script language="JavaScript" src="includes/javascript/spiffyCal/spiffyCal_v2_1.js"></script>

<script language="javascript"><!--

var dateAvailable = new ctlSpiffyCalendarBox("dateAvailable", "new_product", "products_date_available","btnDate1","<?php echo $pInfo->products_date_available; ?>",scBTNMODE_CUSTOMBLUE);

//--></script>

var tax_rates = new Array();

<?php

for ($i=0, $n=sizeof($tax_class_array); $i<$n; $i++) {

if ($tax_class_array[$i]['id'] > 0) {

echo 'tax_rates["' . $tax_class_array[$i]['id'] . '"] = ' . tep_get_tax_rate_value($tax_class_array[$i]['id']) . ';' . "\n";

}

}

?>

function doRound(x, places) {

return Math.round(x * Math.pow(10, places)) / Math.pow(10, places);

}

function getTaxRate() {

var selected_value = document.forms["new_product"].products_tax_class_id.selectedIndex;

var parameterVal = document.forms["new_product"].products_tax_class_id[selected_value].value;

if ( (parameterVal > 0) && (tax_rates[parameterVal] > 0) ) {

return tax_rates[parameterVal];

} else {

return 0;

}

}

function updateGross() {

var taxRate = getTaxRate();

var grossValue = document.forms["new_product"].products_price.value;

if (taxRate > 0) {

grossValue = grossValue * ((taxRate / 100) + 1);

}

document.forms["new_product"].products_price_gross.value = doRound(grossValue, 4);

}

function updateNet() {

var taxRate = getTaxRate();

var netValue = document.forms["new_product"].products_price_gross.value;

if (taxRate > 0) {

netValue = netValue / ((taxRate / 100) + 1);

}

document.forms["new_product"].products_price.value = doRound(netValue, 4);

}

//--></script>

<?php echo tep_draw_form('new_product', FILENAME_CATEGORIES, 'cPath=' . $cPath . (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['pID']) ? '&pID=' . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] : '') . '&action=new_product_preview', 'post', 'enctype="multipart/form-data"'); ?>

<table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<tr>

<td class="pageHeading"><?php echo sprintf(TEXT_NEW_PRODUCT, tep_output_generated_category_path($current_category_id)); ?></td>

<td class="pageHeading" align="right"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', HEADING_IMAGE_WIDTH, HEADING_IMAGE_HEIGHT); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2">

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_STATUS; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_radio_field('products_status', '1', $in_status) . ' ' . TEXT_PRODUCT_AVAILABLE . ' ' . tep_draw_radio_field('products_status', '0', $out_status) . ' ' . TEXT_PRODUCT_NOT_AVAILABLE; ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DATE_AVAILABLE; ?><br><small>(YYYY-MM-DD)</small></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' '; ?><script language="javascript">dateAvailable.writeControl(); dateAvailable.dateFormat="yyyy-MM-dd";</script></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '1', '10'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_MANUFACTURER; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('manufacturers_id', $manufacturers_array, $pInfo->manufacturers_id); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<td><table border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_description[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '15', (isset($products_description[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_description[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_description($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO; ?></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>          

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php echo tep_image(DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES . $languages[$i]['directory'] . '/images/' . $languages[$i]['image'], $languages[$i]['name']); ?> </td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_title_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_title_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_title_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>          

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_desc_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_desc_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_desc_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>          

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS; ?></td>

<tr>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_textarea_field('products_head_keywords_tag[' . $languages[$i]['id'] . ']', 'soft', '70', '5', (isset($products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']]) ? $products_head_keywords_tag[$languages[$i]['id']] : tep_get_products_head_keywords_tag($pInfo->products_id, $languages[$i]['id']))); ?></td>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

<?php

}

?>

<tr>

</tr>

<tr>

<td colspan="2" class="main"><hr></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_TAX_CLASS; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_pull_down_menu('products_tax_class_id', $tax_class_array, $pInfo->products_tax_class_id, 'onchange="updateGross()"'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_NET; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price', $pInfo->products_price, 'onKeyUp="updateGross()"'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr bgcolor="#ebebff">

<td class="main"><?php echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_PRICE_GROSS; ?></td>

<td class="main"><?php echo tep_draw_separator('pixel_trans.gif', '24', '15') . ' ' . tep_draw_input_field('products_price_gross', $pInfo->products_price, 'OnKeyUp="updateNet()"'); ?></td>

</tr>

<tr>

</tr>

updateGross();

//--></script>

<?php

?>

<tr>

<td class="main" valign="top"><?php if ($i == 0) echo TEXT_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION; ?></td>

<tr>

&nbs

You are missing a lot of code from the above file so it is not possible to do good compare. The file is about 600 lines while mine is about 1100. From the code included though, you are missing some of the HTC code. You should get a fresh copy of this file and try again.

As for the compare program, I'm not aware of any free ones other than diff that is probably on your computer or downloadable. Although it is very primitive and is hard to work with, IMO.. The two most popular ones, that I know of, are Compare and Merge and Beyond Compare. Both have a trial period but then cost around $30.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons