The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jack,

just to thank you about this excellent and awesome contribution. I had some problems during installation but it was only my fault.

I really really thank you, man.

Many thanks (have I said that?).

For those who are interested:

After many requests...I have updated the STS & HTC bundle to the latest versions of each. You can find this bundled contribution in the STS4 Power Pack download site (see link in my signature below).

Enjoy! :lol:

Bill Kellum

Sounds Good Productions

STS Tutorials & more: STSv4.6, STS Add-ons (STS Power Pack), STS V4 Forum STS Forum FREE TEMPLATE

i have a problem. i cant get header tags to work ... It all seems to work fine but i dont have any titles. i tried over and over and the result in the same. in my 'language'.php file i have :

// page title

define('TITLE', STORE_NAME);

this should remain as it is ? or .... and do i define a store_name from admin, because if i define one it's shown as a title for all pages, if o dont fill the store_name in admin, all the pages have TITLE for a title. :)

is there a problem with including the header_tags.php ? see below all text

----------------------

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo 'TITLE'; ?></title>

-------------------------------------

what em i missing ? in admin i see for example the index.php having installed the correct tag :

here is the index.php page, for beginning to <body> :

============================

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php

$category_depth = 'top';

if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {

$categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);

if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'products'; // display products

} else {

$category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);

if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories

} else {

$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message

}

}

}

// Add-on - Information Pages Unlimited

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'information.php');

tep_information_customer_greeting_define(); // Should be called before the Default Language is defined

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<?php

// BOF: Header Tag Controller v2.6.3

} else {

?>

<?php

}

// EOF: Header Tag Controller v2.6.3

?>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

i have a problem. i cant get header tags to work ... It all seems to work fine but i dont have any titles. i tried over and over and the result in the same. in my 'language'.php file i have :

// page title

define('TITLE', STORE_NAME);

this should remain as it is ? or .... and do i define a store_name from admin, because if i define one it's shown as a title for all pages, if o dont fill the store_name in admin, all the pages have TITLE for a title. :)

is there a problem with including the header_tags.php ? see below all text

----------------------

} else {

?>

-------------------------------------

what em i missing ? in admin i see for example the index.php having installed the correct tag :

here is the index.php page, for beginning to <body> :

============================

require('includes/application_top.php');

// the following cPath references come from application_top.php

$category_depth = 'top';

if (isset($cPath) && tep_not_null($cPath)) {

$categories_products_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_TO_CATEGORIES . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$cateqories_products = tep_db_fetch_array($categories_products_query);

if ($cateqories_products['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'products'; // display products

} else {

$category_parent_query = tep_db_query("select count(*) as total from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES . " where parent_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "'");

$category_parent = tep_db_fetch_array($category_parent_query);

if ($category_parent['total'] > 0) {

$category_depth = 'nested'; // navigate through the categories

} else {

$category_depth = 'products'; // category has no products, but display the 'no products' message

}

}

}

// Add-on - Information Pages Unlimited

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'information.php');

tep_information_customer_greeting_define(); // Should be called before the Default Language is defined

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_DEFAULT);

?>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<?php

// BOF: Header Tag Controller v2.6.3

} else {

?>

<?php

}

// EOF: Header Tag Controller v2.6.3

?>

<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

</head>

<body marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" topmargin="0" bottommargin="0" leftmargin="0" rightmargin="0">

I have installed the latest HTC contribution. Great job, except for some reason none of the title, keywords or descritpions are being populated on the category or product pages meta, just the default. What am I doing wrong? I've tried changing all the HTKA, HTDA blaa blaa settings, however, they don't seem to have any effect. The regular "pages" like contact_us.php and about_us.php do show the correct meta information I setup for them in the admin, but not the category or product pages.

Anyone else having this issue??

Edited by edealer

David McGuffin - Website Developer

New Look Web Design

www.newlookwebdesign.com

---------------------------------------------------------------------

"I never memorize anything I can simply look up. . ." ~Albert Einstien

I have installed the latest HTC contribution. Great job, except for some reason none of the title, keywords or descritpions are being populated on the category or product pages meta, just the default. What am I doing wrong? I've tried changing all the HTKA, HTDA blaa blaa settings, however, they don't seem to have any effect. The regular "pages" like contact_us.php and about_us.php do show the correct meta information I setup for them in the admin, but not the category or product pages.

Anyone else having this issue??

You can populate the category tags by running Fill Tags. Select the radio button you want under the Categories column. Or, you can populate one category at a time by clicking on the edit button on the each category on the catalog/categories page. Then edit each of the Header Tags fields. Similarly, you can populate all the products tags by running Fill Tags, or edit each one separately in catalog/products/edit.

Ron

I have been trying to add the price of the product to the start of the meta description.

I have been searching and trying things from this forum and now have total brain block.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. (Keep it simple i'm no code expert)

Thanks Frank

Enter it in the decription tag in the products edit page.

Jack

Is there a way to put the price field in there so the price along with description are automatically generated for each product page in the meta description?

Thanks Frank

You could alter the code in includes/header_tags.php to read in the price of the product and insert it into the string.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, I installed this and it did so ok. Perhaps my understanding is lacking, but why do I now get "(...see more)" at the top of my index page and why does the text for the tab read HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT and not the website domain anymore?

My suspicion is I've missed an instruction somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks

Hello

I installed HeaderTags_V_2.6.3 contribution. I followed all instructions. Everything seemed

to be ok, but when I enter Admin panel I see Header Tags link but when I try to enter I get

error. It's says page not found (404 fault or something similar depends on browser).

I'am running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 in polish language. I've changed every language files to

polish.

Please help me solving this problem. Link on the header tag in admin goes to:

admin/header_tags_controller.php?selected_box=header tags

and after clickin on it I get an error page not found.

Sometimes header tag link is unrolled - I can see links to page control, text control and fill tags but result is the same ( Not found error). I have all of header tags files in admin directory.

Hi, I installed this and it did so ok. Perhaps my understanding is lacking, but why do I now get "(...see more)" at the top of my index page and why does the text for the tab read HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT and not the website domain anymore?

My suspicion is I've missed an instruction somewhere. Any ideas?

Thanks

Both sound like installation problems. When capital letters are displayed like that, it usually means there is a definition missing.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

I installed HeaderTags_V_2.6.3 contribution. I followed all instructions. Everything seemed

to be ok, but when I enter Admin panel I see Header Tags link but when I try to enter I get

error. It's says page not found (404 fault or something similar depends on browser).

I'am running osCommerce 2.2-MS2 in polish language. I've changed every language files to

polish.

Please help me solving this problem. Link on the header tag in admin goes to:

admin/header_tags_controller.php?selected_box=header tags

and after clickin on it I get an error page not found.

Sometimes header tag link is unrolled - I can see links to page control, text control and fill tags but result is the same ( Not found error). I have all of header tags files in admin directory.

Can you go to the page directly - http://yourdomain.com/admin/header_tags_english.php?

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Both sound like installation problems. When capital letters are displayed like that, it usually means there is a definition missing.

Jack

What would be the best course of action. Are there any files I could check or can I repeat the installation somehow?

Thanks

Jack

What could I check and what would be the best action for me to undertake?

Thanks

What could I check and what would be the best action for me to undertake?

Thanks

If the failure is on the shop side, then read back through the Install Catalog file and re-upload the files for that side. If the problem is in admin, then read through the Install Admin file and re-upload those files.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there a way to put the price field in there so the price along with description are automatically generated for each product page in the meta description?

You could alter the code in includes/header_tags.php to read in the price of the product and insert it into the string.

Jack

Anyone understand this?

I'm no techno wizz like the rest of you, I have absolutely no idea what the above means.

If anyone could give me the code to enter, I think I could hopefully manage that.

Cheers Frank

The same thing happens. File not found. It is the same with all files header_tags_* from admin directory, but all of these files are there.

Any other suggestions ???

Try renaming one of your working files, like customers.php, to header_tags_english.php and see if that loads. If it doesn't, then something in your shop is preventing it from loading. If it does, then you are missing some part of header_tags.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I installed Header Tags Controller v2.5.9.1, then upgraded to Header Tags Controller V2.6.2 Complete.

However , i still have the same problem.

When i am at Index, the Title, meta keyword, and description are correct,

When i select Category, the Title, meta keyword, and description are correct,

then when i further select Individual product from the category, the Title, meta keyword, and description is not correct, it displays the defauly index Title, meta keyword, and description.

I tried my very hard to fix the problem, redo the whole process, but the problem remains.

This problem has restricted the Individual product page been indexed by search engine, we can only reach the category by keyword search but not the individual product search.

For example, please view http://www.rinaatcane.com/catalog/

Hope any of you can help me with this.

Thank you very much.

regards,

suisin

Try renaming one of your working files, like customers.php, to header_tags_english.php and see if that loads. If it doesn't, then something in your shop is preventing it from loading. If it does, then you are missing some part of header_tags.

Jack

I did what you've said - I renamed customers.php to header_tags_english.php the same thing happens. Then I reversed - I named header_tags_english.php to customers.php - and what we see ?? - It is working. Strange thing I was thinking, but I knew it's gonna be easier now ;).

Solution:

The error was saying page not found in IE or page not found and admin/forbidden in Firefox.

I looked in the source files and I've noticed I had Access with Level Account (v. 2.2a) contribution installed from the start. This contribution was denying access to files (it manages boxes in admin) - You can solve this problem in Administration -> File Access - by giving "header" files appropriate privileges.

Hope this will help somebody in the future. And Thanks Jack_mcs to your support, I would have never solved that without Your help ;)

I installed Header Tags Controller v2.5.9.1, then upgraded to Header Tags Controller V2.6.2 Complete.

However , i still have the same problem.

When i am at Index, the Title, meta keyword, and description are correct,

When i select Category, the Title, meta keyword, and description are correct,

then when i further select Individual product from the category, the Title, meta keyword, and description is not correct, it displays the defauly index Title, meta keyword, and description.

Assuming you have ran Fill Tags, try replacing your categories.php file. Make sure you have made the required changes to the product_info.php file. If it still fails, try replacing the includes/header_tags.php and english/header_tags.php files to see if the problem is fixed.

Jack

Support Links:

All of My Addons

Recommended SEO Addons