• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

The code for saving those items is in categories.php. Try replacing your file with the one from the contribution and try it again. If it works, then there is a mistake in that file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you change the code in the index and product_info pages so that that class is used?

Jack

this is in the product info file and is the change that was made as per the instructions

<td valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_name; ?></h1></td>

<td align="right" valign="top"><h1><?php echo $products_price; ?></h1></td>

this is in the index file and is the change that was made as per the instructions

<td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>

Edited by mat12

hi jack i will come back to the sub folder problem later.

for now i see that my description and keywords have some define functions at the end, i replaced it (includes/header_tags.php) with a new one, but this doesn't seem to change. the only thing i made monir changes to was configure.php. is there a way to remoce this, or else the search robots will take them as keywords :'(

<meta name="Description" content="HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT tea products and information from bhura, exporter, manufacturer and blender of teas."/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="tea, green tea, black tea, darjeeling tea, flavoured tea, india tea, spice tea, chai tea, tea recipes, loose tea, natural tea, tea health benefits, tea bags, HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT"/>

Did you change the code in the index and product_info pages so that that class is used?

Jack

this is in the product info file and is the change that was made as per the instructions

this is in the index file and is the change that was made as per the instructions

<td><h1><?php echo $category['categories_htc_title_tag']; ?></h1></td>

and further down

<td><h1><?php echo $htc['htc_title']; ?></h1></td>

My guess is that you are missing the definitions. You should go back through the install instructions and make sure you have them all defined.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

hi,

I have installed "Header Tags_v2.5.9"

But cant seem to get the product tag info displayed ??

sure its me , but i cant see what i'm doing wrong ...

Can someone point me in the right direction.

See item.

My Webpage Item

Product description

My Admin Product Description

Page contol

My Admin Header Tags

Text contol

My Admin Text Control

Fill Tags

My Admin Fill Tags

Did you run fill tags? Is the Header Tags information filled in when you look at a product in admin?

Jack

Yes have run "fill tags" on "products",

i can see everything fine on the product in admin.....

BUT i have just tun "fill tags" / "Products" again and have noticed the "Product Tag" & the "Keywords Tag"

have changed to the "Product Name" , but in the browser the tags are still empty...

Mark

Jack,

I am having a similiar problem. I ran fill tags and all my products have the default title, description, and keywords. When I look at my products in admin, they have the meta info in the boxes, but the catalog side is showing the default text. (this would be the default text on the 'text control' page)

On the text control page, I left the product_info section blank as this should come from the product descriptions right? I know this mod is leaps and strides over the older version I used on another site, but I have found it confusing.

Which part of this mod makes the meta info appear for each product?

Tim

My Webpage

Yes have run "fill tags" on "products",

i can see everything fine on the product in admin.....

BUT i have just tun "fill tags" / "Products" again and have noticed the "Product Tag" & the "Keywords Tag"

have changed to the "Product Name" , but in the browser the tags are still empty...

Mark

Then the only thing left is the product_info.php file. Doublecheck that you have the title code change in that file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Also my index.php page does not change using the text control. It also reverts to the default text.

Tim

For the first problem, be sure the HT.. boxes for product_info in Text Control are not checked. For this one, be sure the includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php files have the correct permissions.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

For the first problem, be sure the HT.. boxes for product_info in Text Control are not checked. For this one, be sure the includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php files have the correct permissions.

Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack. I thought those files were set when I fixed the last problem. Somehow they were on 644 so I put them to 755 and got the error. I set them to 777 and no error when updating text control. However the product pages and index page do not use the meta info. They only show the default text no matter what I have tried. Shipping and privacy pages work correctly. I am going to look at the code for index.php and product_info again. Maybe there is something out of whack with them.

Tim

Hi, I'm having trouble installing this contrib...

I didn't read all 125 pages of this thread, (I did read quite a few though) so I'm sorry if this has already been answered.

Basically, my problem is that after making the necessary changes, and running the .sql file, nothing at all happens. I can't figure out what the heck is going on... I'm using a fairly heavily modded store, so I'm guessing it has to do with that. I was unable to complete several of the changes I was supposed to make because the original text simply was not there.

All I want to know is if this has happened before, and if so, what the solution is. If not, then oh well. I give up for now. Been trying to fix this thing for 5 hours straight and nothing seems to work.

btw, all of the changes I was unable to complete were located in catalog/index.php

Jack

Code in Products_info is ok...

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

Permissions were 644, tried 755 then 777 still no good ?

In the "Header Tags controller" when i try to clear the "products_info" with ...

Delete a New Page - This option will remove the code for a page from the above files.

and click on "Update" i get the error "Error Deleting product_info.php is not allowed"

??

Hi, I'm having trouble installing this contrib...

I didn't read all 125 pages of this thread, (I did read quite a few though) so I'm sorry if this has already been answered.

Basically, my problem is that after making the necessary changes, and running the .sql file, nothing at all happens. I can't figure out what the heck is going on... I'm using a fairly heavily modded store, so I'm guessing it has to do with that. I was unable to complete several of the changes I was supposed to make because the original text simply was not there.

All I want to know is if this has happened before, and if so, what the solution is. If not, then oh well. I give up for now. Been trying to fix this thing for 5 hours straight and nothing seems to work.

btw, all of the changes I was unable to complete were located in catalog/index.php

The instructions say to install the sql and then follow the instructions in the Install_Catalog.txt and to stop there and check it. Was it working at that point or did you skip that part?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Code in Products_info is ok...

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

</tr>

</table></td>

</tr>

Permissions were 644, tried 755 then 777 still no good ?

In the "Header Tags controller" when i try to clear the "products_info" with ...

Delete a New Page - This option will remove the code for a page from the above files.

and click on "Update" i get the error "Error Deleting product_info.php is not allowed"

??

Yeah, deleting the product_info entry would basically cut Header Tags throat so don't do that. :) The code you need to look for in the index and product_info files is the code in the head section where it replaces the <title> line. That is the most important change to the file as far as Header Tags is concerned.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I am lost Jack. I slogged through the code and understand the mod a little better now, but I still can't see the problem. My index and product info pages are picking up the default text I placed in the text control page, but they won't use the meta info from the product descriptions or the text I place in their respective boxes on the text control page. I checked the title code, heck I even pasted over it just in case. Still can't get it to work.

I can manipulate my shipping, privacy, and conditions pages at will, but not index or product_info.

Tim

Is this problem for the site in your card? If so, it appears to be working fine to me. What are you expecting to see?

Jack

My card???

What I am expecting is in 'view source' for the meta info. Also the title bar on the browser. The index page and every product page has the exact same source code for meta info.

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html dir="LTR" lang="en">
<head>
 <title>Wholesale source of pranks and novelty gag items</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="Prank It is your source for wholesale pranks and novelty gags."/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="prank,novelty,gag"/>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"/>
<!-- EOF: Generated Meta Tags -->
<base href="http://prankit.net/">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

I can change the shipping page and the source code is like this:

<head>
 <title>Shipping and returns</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="Prank It shipping policy explained"/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="shipping,policy"/>
<base href="http://prankit.net/">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="stylesheet.css">

but I can't make the index or product pages use anything but the default text.

Tim

You migh have a cache problem. The titles and meta tags are changing fine when I look at them.

Home Page

<title>Rada Cutlery from My Knife Store - </title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="Rada cutlery priced below MSRP, Rada gift sets, Rada oak block sets, Case, Boker, S&W, Harley Davidson knives, and a huge selection of prank and gag items. ">

Rada Cutlery category page:
<title>Rada Cutlery - </title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="Rada cutlery, knives. Rada cutlery is made of surgical quality, T420 high carbon stainless steel. Our permanently cast solid satin-finished aluminum handles create a "feel good in your hand" balance for superior comfort. Hollow-ground blades ensure a precision concave surface for maximum edge retention and sharpness. ">

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Yeah, deleting the product_info entry would basically cut Header Tags throat so don't do that. :) The code you need to look for in the index and product_info files is the code in the head section where it replaces the <title> line. That is the most important change to the file as far as Header Tags is concerned.

Jack

Hi Jack,

i've checked, checked and re checked.....

the defalt values are being filled..... but not the product values ??? where am i going wrong ??

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html dir="LTR" lang="en">

<head>

<title>German Daggers,Helmets,Sword,Medals,Badges Militaria of WWI - WWII</title>

<meta name="Description" content="German Daggers,Helmets,Sword,Medals,Badges,Daggers"/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="German Daggers,Helmets,Sword,Medals,Badges,Daggers,SS,SA,NPEA,NSKK"/>

??????

You migh have a cache problem. The titles and meta tags are changing fine when I look at them.

Home PageRada Cutlery category page:

Jack

Jack,

That site is using the old version of header tags. Way before all the text control pages and so forth. My new site is prankit.net

I linked to it in the first post and probably should have done so again since this is not the site in my forum profile.

As I said, the mod is working on the shipping, privacy, and conditions pages, but not on index and product pages.

On the text control page, what should go in the lines for product_info? Doesn't this come from product descriptions? I have entered text in the top for 'default'. I also entered text in the section for index.php. This text is showing up in includes/languages/english/header_tags in the index.php section, but only the default text shows up on the actual web page.

Thanks again for looking,

Tim