osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you know if there are any plans in the works to make an html editor intigration with this mod.

I've tried SPAW, FCKeditor, and the another IE only editor from the contributions. The one I now prefer is tinyMCE for an osC WYSIWYG editor. It's cross browser, and very easy to setup and integrate for all textareas or just some. contribution 3768 will get you started. I take the extra step and set it up for specific fields rather then all, the side-box textareas don't have enough room for it.

I was using Categories Description on a previous version of my site, after a couple of days rebuilding I came to the conclusion that it is incompatible with Header Tags...

Is there a way for me to include the Header Tags Category Description on the Category page in the catalog?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :D

You need to change the code on the index page as described in the instructions. Your code won't be what is shown in those instructions since it has been altered by Categories Description so you will probably need to convert that code back to the original before you can proceed.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to change the code on the index page as described in the instructions. Your code won't be what is shown in those instructions since it has been altered by Categories Description so you will probably need to convert that code back to the original before you can proceed.

Jack

Thanks for the quick response.

I've started a completely new build, that doesn't contain any code from Categories Description.

What do I need to do net?

The Categories Description contribution only changes the index.php file in the shop. So all you really need to do is replace that file and then make the changes needed for Header Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I have just installed this contribution and it all seems to be working fine, except that in the admin panel I get an access denied error to Text Control and Fill Tags. It suggests that I contact my web administrator and since that is ME, I can't help myself, can you please help me!!!!!!!

Hi

I added this contribution to my live shop and everything appeared to be ok.

The title had changed on each page and the default details shown in (admin/header tags/text control) were included in each pages source code.

I then changed the default text in the (admin/header tags/text control) area, then my site dissapeared :(

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated as i need my site!

Thanks

Tom

I have just installed this contribution and it all seems to be working fine, except that in the admin panel I get an access denied error to Text Control and Fill Tags. It suggests that I contact my web administrator and since that is ME, I can't help myself, can you please help me!!!!!!!
It sounds like you are using the admin access contribution. You have to grant access to the files in order to use them. Please see the documentation for that contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi

I added this contribution to my live shop and everything appeared to be ok.

The title had changed on each page and the default details shown in (admin/header tags/text control) were included in each pages source code.

I then changed the default text in the (admin/header tags/text control) area, then my site dissapeared :(

Any help with this problem would be much appreciated as i need my site!

Thanks

Tom

My guess is that you somehow entered something in the default text that is invalid, although I can't imagine what it might be. Try turning off the check boxes (htta, etc.) for the index page. Does the dite display? Try changing the default text. Does the site display?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I got everything where it is suppose to be, but um for some reason I see a short line of n's in the header.

I downloaded and used the newest headertags contribution. No other contributions have been used accept for changing the footer and that does not cause any problems.

To view my little problem: http://jewelry.native-american-indian-arts-and-wears.com/

Look on the upper left hand corner , right above the store gif you will see n n n nn

Whatever these n's mean is beyond me or could mean null?

I need a fix on this error, but know it shouldn't be that difficult as it appeared after I had installed the newest contribution for headertags, no other problems so far.

Any input? :)

Those n's mean you used the file manager in admin to edit your files. That script is broken (unless you install the security update) and shouldn't be used. If you search the forums for file manager, you will find the fix.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Those n's mean you used the file manager in admin to edit your files. That script is broken (unless you install the security update) and shouldn't be used. If you search the forums for file manager, you will find the fix.

Jack

Are you talking about those slashes like /' ?

Thank you for answering :thumbsup:

Problem with modifying header information on redirects. What is the fix?

tep_redirect is the function having the problem. That function is trying to modify the header tag location: and its throwing a warning.

When I click on "my account" i get the following error:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/smonster/public_html/includes/application_top.php:1022) in /home/smonster/public_html/includes/functions/general.php on line 29
Edited by randerson165

Are you talking about those slashes like /' ?

Thank you for answering :thumbsup:

Oops! I meant \' :blush:

I went into the /catalog/includes/header_tags.php where I found this:

echo ' <title>' . $tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "n";

echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $tags_array['desc'] . '"/>' . "n";

echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $tags_array['keywords'] . '"/>' . "n";

echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '"/>'."n";

//NOTE: If you want your email add to your source code, remove the two slashes on the

//following line of code. This serves no useful purpose and is not suggested tobe used

//echo ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL . '"/>' . "n";

and noticed the "n" thems nasty little buggers and added the \ just inside the first quote, but before the n in everyone I found. It appears as:

echo ' <title>' . $tags_array['title'] . '</title>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Description" content="' . $tags_array['desc'] . '"/>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta name="Keywords" content="' . $tags_array['keywords'] . '"/>' . "\n";

echo ' <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=' . CHARSET . '"/>'."\n";

//NOTE: If you want your email add to your source code, remove the two slashes on the

//following line of code. This serves no useful purpose and is not suggested tobe used

//echo ' <meta name="Reply-to" content="' . HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL . '"/>' . "\n";

I refreshed the store page and wella! No more n n nnn in the headers as before. I had already done the following before I installed and used the headertags contribution and you can find even a little bit more about the n problem here for anyones concern: http://www.oscommerce.info/kb/osCommerce/G...on_Problems/212

tep_redirect is the function having the problem. That function is trying to modify the header tag location: and its throwing a warning.

I suspect you have extra spaces or code after the closing PHP tag ?> of /home/smonster/public_html/includes/application_top.php

All include files need to start with <?php and end with ?> and nothing outside them.

I suspect you have extra spaces or code after the closing PHP tag ?> of /home/smonster/public_html/includes/application_top.php

All include files need to start with <?php and end with ?> and nothing outside them.

Thanks for the quick reply! That was exactly what needed to be done! Its functioning perfectly now. I had 2 extra blank lines.

Yes, on the shop side. If you want it to work in different languages in admin, there are serveal more changes to be made.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I just installed HTC in my new webshop.

Now I want to change some of the things below, I hope you can help me with that :blush:

Home

<title>Home  - Enter24.nl</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="home-description default-description"/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="default-keyword1, default-keyword2, home-keyword1, home-keyword2"/>

Exactly the way I want :)

Products_new

<title>Products_new Enter24.nl</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="products_new-description default-description"/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="products_new-keyword1, products_new-keyword2,  default-keyword1, default-keyword2,"/>

I want to have the title changed to: <title>Products_new - Enter24.nl</title>

Category: Hardware

<title>Hardware  - Enter24.nl</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="Hardware default-description"/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="Hardware home-keyword1, home-keyword2"/>

I want to have this changed to:

<title>Hardware - Enter24.nl</title>

<meta name="Description" content="Hardware default-description"/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="Hardware, default-keyword1, default-keyword2,"/>

<title>testproduct1 Enter24.nl</title>
 <meta name="Description" content="testproduct1 default-description"/>
 <meta name="Keywords" content="testproduct1 default-keyword1, default-keyword2,"/>

I want to have this changed to:

<title>testproduct1 - Enter24.nl</title>

<meta name="Description" content="testproduct1 default-description"/>

<meta name="Keywords" content="testproduct1, default-keyword1, default-keyword2,"/>[/code]

I want to have the title changed to <title>Products_new - Enter24.nl</title>

What do I have to edit to get it the way I want?

Thanks in advance!! :thumbsup:

For the categories and products, go to admin->catalog, click on edit for the category or product and change the tags to your liking. The products_new listing isn't a page, it is a module loaded in a page so you cannot set up a title to match it, only the page it is in.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just installed this contribution. However, I have two major problems:

1) When I have the pages use both the default tags as well as it's own tags, the page's tags come before the default tag. (IE <page tag><default tag> thus, Specials Bob's Store )

2) The individual products tags don't show up at all in the title, keywords, or description; only the default tags show up. I've gone through filling the tags, and still no change.

Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks.

John

1 - That's the way it should be. The first part of the title of the page should match the page heading for that page. If it were switched, the title would start the same on every page, thus defeating the purpose.

2 - eidt a product in admin and see if the meta tag fields are filled in. If they are, be sure you have the header tags code installed in the product_info.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons