• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

The capital letters in the error messages indicate you did not install it correctly. You should go back through the instructions to see what was missed.

Jack

Cheers Jack

I knew I'd done something wrong!!

Boy I had - I forgot to upload admin/includes/filenames I wanan kill myself it only took 12 hours to discover!

Hopefully I'll be fault free and can enjoy a great contrib

Cheers

Rob

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My $headcontent doesn't seem to performing too well, this is from my page source:

<head>

<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE"><META HTTP-EQUIV="Expires" CONTENT="-1"><meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<base href="http://www.mpm.org.au/shop/">

<!-- start get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<!-- end get_javascript(applicationtop2header) //-->

<script LANGUAGE="JavaScript" SRC="/shop/includes/sts_templates/osc/sts_osc_javascript.js"></SCRIPT>

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/shop/includes/sts_templates/osc/stylesheet.css">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title></title>

</head>

OK all working now and great.

I have 1 last problem though - in admin if I go to add or modify a product it no longer displays the product name, if I update the product the name is not displayed (appart from in the page name).

I think the bit of code should be in admin/categories.php and I have checked but I can't see what is wrong. I'm no PHP expert though! Can anyone advise?

Also - not a problem but was wondering - can this mod be made to display categories and sub categories as well as the product name in the keywords?

Cheers

Rob

It's a common problem. The reason is that a mistake has been made in the file you mentioned. The easiest way to find the problem is to compare your file with the one included in the contribution with a program like WinMerge.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Please help.. I can't find the answer from the thread or search and this problem just started after deleting some sold items in the products menu.

1) This error message does not appear all the time..

2) I don't think it has got to do with removing products.. maybe im wrong..

ERROR MESSAGE:

Fatal Error: unexpected ";" in \www\catalog\includes\function\clean_html_comments.php line 18

I want to tell you again..it's happens sometimes not all the time.. it just started after removing sold items.

When you move from one product to index or to other subcategory..

My store

THis is my file

<?php

// /catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php

// WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Generator v2.0

// WebMakers.com Added: FREE-CALL FOR PRICE-COMING SOON ETC. v3.0

//

// BE CAREFUL NOT to use this function where it will effect currencies.php or the listings for product name

// This is used for cosmetic purposes for what the visitor sees and not for what the php code sees. The php code needs to see the HTML comment tags.

//

// Removes the <!--//* and *//--> from Product Names

////

// Clean out HTML comments code

function clean_html_comments($clean_html) {

global $its_cleaned;

if ( strpos($clean_html,'<!--//*')>1 ) {

$the_end1= strpos($clean_html,'<!--//*')-1;

$the_start2= strpos($clean_html,'*//-->')+7; // This is line 18 ..this comment is not in the php file.

$its_cleaned= substr($clean_html,0,$the_end1);

$its_cleaned.= substr($clean_html,$the_start2);

} else {

$its_cleaned= $clean_html;

}

return $its_cleaned;

}

?>

Edited by francisbay

I manage to combine (products tab, review, xsell, prod attrib with a little change on the code i made to sweet enough the multi images i created) into products_info.php

xsell_v2.3 --> 80% working only. The cache folder does not update and no one can answer it.

CCGV

Certapay

Fancier_Invoice_&_Packingslip_v6.1

Header Tags

LoginboxV5.4_in_header

osCommerce-PayPal_IPN-v1.1

Products_Sold_v1.2

Registry

Registry Manager

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

You will need to ask in the STS support thread. This thread is only for Header Tags.

Jack

from over in the STS thread:

Try posting over at the HTC forum and mention it is not the $headcontent tag since it is doing what it is supposed to be doing...it is bringing the meta content from the HTC contribution over to your template page. It appears your meta content is getting screwed up before the $headcontent placeholder pulls it into your template. Since I am not familiar with your installation history, it could be that you installed a contribution over a working HTC that conflicted with a HTC file. If you have the opportunity to restore a backup, it would be easier to troubleshoot.

Check each of your contribution files to see if they effect any of the HTC files. If so, use a file comparison tool such as WinMerge or Beyond Compare to merge the files together so that they can coexist.

Jack,

Can you point me in the direction of what files it would be best to look at (in regards to the corrupted $headcontent) to narrow this down?

Try disabling STS to see if Header Tags works. If it still doesn't then you need to fix your installing of Header Tags first. If it does, the problem is in STS.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Yep, I tried disabling STS but still no go.

I tried replacing admin/categories (usual source of trouble) and no go

Where does the $headcontent come from so I can try some fresh files there too?

The code in the shop side is called from includes/header_tags.php. If STS is turned off, then $headcontent shouldn't come into play. But if it does, you will have to ask in the STS support therad for it since that is not part of Header Tags. I don't mean to push you off. That is just one of the problems with using STS and you will have to find a way to troubleshoot it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks for nudging me through it!

I have another header tags issue:

I get this error when I hit 'missing pages' > 'update' on the top of the screen and nothing appears in the drop down list.

Warning: opendir(../shop/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in xxxx/xxxx/xxxx/shop/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 223

How can I tell if this is working on my site?

I believe the default title description and keywords are working. However the allprod, specials, product_reviews_info, products_new, and product_info are red in my admin.

I did have some problems during the installation and when I tried to follow the install instructions in the install_catalog.txt around line 247 and 298 I could not install.

I have the // in php // echo on the files I was to write over, so when I wrote over them I came up with an error. I guess I //'d these out to use my own header. So now what do I do?

My current line with the // in it is <td class="pageHeading"><?php // echo HEADING_TITLE; ?></td> Is there a way to use this and my current header?

Sorry if I am asking a stupid question, but I have had my site built for a while and I just cant remember why I have it this way.

Ok, I'm sorry, I believe my issues are with the manufacturer files. I must be missing something with them. That is why when I paste this

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id']))

$db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'");

else

$db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'");

$htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query);

?>

<td width="100%" valign="top"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">

<tr>

<td><h1><?php echo $htc['htc_title']; ?></h1></td>

I get errors on my category page, my home page appears to be ok

Edited by theantiquestore

duh, I figured it out! I read those instructions so close, at least I thought I did! I didnt run all the updates to the sql files. Once I did I could insert the code without errors!

Well, at the least, if anyone else has the same problem they can check and see if they made the same error!

I just installed the Header Tags Controller. My site works fine, I see the Header Tags menu in the admin site ... but all access denied:

Access Denied

No Right Permission Access

Please contact your Web Administrator to request

more access or if you found any problem.

:( :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated... pls.

Ninique

You probably have the Admin Access contribution installed. You have to enable ech new file before it can be used. You should see the instructions or support thread for that contribuiton if that is the case and you don't know how to do it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I set the permissions of the following files to 777:

catalog/includes/header_tags.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php

catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php

admin/header_tags_controller.php

admin/header_tags_english.php

admin/header_tags_fill_tags.php

admin/header_tags_popup_help.php

admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php

admin/includes/boxes/header_tags_controller.php

admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_controller.php

admin/includes/languages/english/header_tags_popup_help.php

access is still denied ...

??

Thanks in advance

Ninique

Is it possible to have the header tag controller contrib automatically give the item a product title tag with the category and product name? Currently it changes the name to the product name but I would like the category, subcategory and name.

The issue is this, I have a vintage media store, I have categories break down like this: Video Games ? Atari ? Atari 2600 ? AMIDAR (my breadcrumb)

Would it be possible to have the breadcrumb path inserted into the page title tag? Since the product name doesnt include the words Video Games ? Atari ? Atari 2600 and I would like it to.

Thanks in advance!

Did you try checking the admin access like I suggested though?

Jack

I thought your suggestion was to enable all the new files, so I set the permissions of all the new files to 777.

I have browsed the support thread, but I cannot find any clue.

Do you think that this is something to do with the $filenameInc = '../includes ?

my index.php is in /public_html , whereas my admin is in /public_html/admin

I got all the additional boxes in my products/categories admin site, but when I fill those out, I don't get the individual header tags.

my site is www.e-beaushop.com

Pls help me more ....

Ninique

Is it possible to have the header tag controller contrib automatically give the item a product title tag with the category and product name? Currently it changes the name to the product name but I would like the category, subcategory and name.

The issue is this, I have a vintage media store, I have categories break down like this: Video Games ? Atari ? Atari 2600 ? AMIDAR (my breadcrumb)

Would it be possible to have the breadcrumb path inserted into the page title tag? Since the product name doesnt include the words Video Games ? Atari ? Atari 2600 and I would like it to.

Thanks in advance!

Addnig more text to the title is usually not a good idea. Each page of your site should target a specific keyword (or groups of then if the text can support them). By adding category names, you are dilluting the effect of the code. If you want to target your categories, you should use the categories description option so better optimize those pages.

In answer to your question though, you could change the code to add the category name but the code to load the name from the database is not currently in that section so you would have to add that.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I thought your suggestion was to enable all the new files, so I set the permissions of all the new files to 777.

I have browsed the support thread, but I cannot find any clue.

Do you think that this is something to do with the $filenameInc = '../includes ?

my index.php is in /public_html , whereas my admin is in /public_html/admin

I got all the additional boxes in my products/categories admin site, but when I fill those out, I don't get the individual header tags.

my site is www.e-beaushop.com

Pls help me more ....

Ninique

Admin Access is a contribution that requires you to take steps to enable the files. It doesn't have anything to do with permissions. If you go to your admin section and can see a folder named Admin abouve Configuration, then that is your problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons