• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I am having trouble editing a category name or creating a new category in the admin panel after installing this module. When I create a new category I am asked to input the category name as well as all the header information; once this is done however the title is blank both in the admin panel and in the site itself.

Why is this?

It sounds like a mistake in the admin/categories.php file. Try using the one from the contribution just to see if it works correctly. If so, compare yours to that one to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean when you say nothing shows up in the catergories or products? Is that referring to your admin section or your shop?

Jack

Hi Jack,

Sorry, I don't seem to be receiving e-mail notifcations about this topic and I thought no-one had replied. I'm referring to my admin section. The Header Tags option is on the tool bar with the page control, text control, fill tags however when you go into the catalog and look at the catagories and products there are no extra fields in there. I can't work out what I've done wrong.

Carol

The only thing that can be is a mistake in the admin/categories.php file. You can download Winmerge, a free compare program, and compare your file with the one included in the contribution to find the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you delete and then add the index page in admin->Header Tags? That will break it if you do. If not, open the english/header_tags.pgp and change teh default title and the title for index yourself to something that is obvious like XXX and YYY. Then see if either show up when you view the page.

Jack

I am having the same problem as Karl. but I know I DID delete and add the index and product info pages. in the admin section. ( I couldn't think of anything else to do at the time. ).

How do I fix header tags after I have done this. It still looks like my code is in place in index. I have a lot of contributions already on so a process to install.

Thanks.

Sheila

You will need to compare your incudes/header_tags.php file with the one in the contribution and replace those sections of code. They are clearly marked with the name of the file so replacing them should not be that difficult. You could also just replace the whole file as long as you have not added any pages in Header Tags-Page Control.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You will need to compare your incudes/header_tags.php file with the one in the contribution and replace those sections of code. They are clearly marked with the name of the file so replacing them should not be that difficult. You could also just replace the whole file as long as you have not added any pages in Header Tags-Page Control.

Jack

That was It. Thank you so much!!! I just had to overlay header_tags.php again. Now all is working. Time to do some serious keyword analysis!!

Sheila

I have this error on the top of my admin pages (which I have seen mentioned in this thread):

Warning: file(../shop/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 254

The file it says is missing, is in fact there and I have chmod both includes/languages/english/header_tags and includes/header_tags to 666

But no change in the error.

Are there any other options or hints?

Edited by mpm

The paths in your configure file are probably incorrect. Also, the permissions should be set to 755 (or 777 if your host requires it). The admin section won't work properly if it is set to 666.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

chmod 777 and still no go. (includes/header_tags.php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

What paths in the configure file should I be looking at?

Includes/configure.php:

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mpm.org.au'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTPS_SERVER', ''); // eg, https://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('ENABLE_SSL', false); // secure webserver for checkout procedure?
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_DOMAIN', 'www.mpm.org.au');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_DOMAIN', '');
 define('HTTP_COOKIE_PATH', '/shop/');
 define('HTTPS_COOKIE_PATH', '');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTP_CATALOG', '/shop/');
 define('DIR_WS_HTTPS_CATALOG', '');
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');

define('DIR_WS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', 'pub/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxxx/public_html/shop/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'download/');
 define('DIR_FS_DOWNLOAD_PUBLIC', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'pub/');

define('DIR_WS_RSS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/newsdesk/rss/');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxx');
define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxx');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxx');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persistent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default 

handler or set to 'mysql'

// Define Simple Template System files
 define('STS_TEMPLATE_DIR', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_templates/osc/');
 define('STS_START_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 

'sts_start_capture.php');
 define('STS_STOP_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_stop_capture.php');
 define('STS_RESTART_CAPTURE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 

'sts_restart_capture.php');
 define('STS_DEFAULT_TEMPLATE', STS_TEMPLATE_DIR . 

'sts_template.html');
 define('STS_DISPLAY_OUTPUT', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 

'sts_display_output.php');
 define('STS_USER_CODE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_user_code.php');
 define('STS_PRODUCT_INFO', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_product_info.php');
 define('STS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'sts_functions.php');

// Email Directory Definitions
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'admin/');
 define('EMAIL_INVOICE_DIR', 'email_invoice/');
 define('INVOICE_TEMPLATE_DIR', 'templates/');

?>

admin/includes/configure.php:

<?php
/*
 osCommerce, Open Source E-Commerce Solutions
 http://www.oscommerce.com

Copyright (c) 2003 osCommerce

Released under the GNU General Public License
*/

// Define the webserver and path parameters
// * DIR_FS_* = Filesystem directories (local/physical)
// * DIR_WS_* = Webserver directories (virtual/URL)
 define('HTTP_SERVER', 'http://www.mpm.org.au'); // eg, http://localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER', 'http://www.mpm.org.au');
 define('HTTPS_CATALOG_SERVER', '');
 define('ENABLE_SSL_CATALOG', 'false'); // secure webserver for catalog module
 define('DIR_FS_DOCUMENT_ROOT', $DOCUMENT_ROOT);  // where the pages are located on the server
 define('DIR_WS_ADMIN', '/shop/admin/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_ADMIN', '/home/xxxx/public_html/shop/admin/'); // absolute pate required
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG', '/shop/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG', '/home/xxxx/public_html/shop/'); // absolute path required
 define('DIR_WS_IMAGES', 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_ICONS', DIR_WS_IMAGES . 'icons/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_WS_INCLUDES', 'includes/');
 define('DIR_WS_BOXES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'boxes/');
 define('DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'functions/');
 define('DIR_WS_CLASSES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'classes/');
 define('DIR_WS_MODULES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/');
 define('DIR_WS_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'languages/');
 define('DIR_WS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_LANGUAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/languages/');

define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_IMAGES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'images/');
 define('DIR_FS_CATALOG_MODULES', DIR_FS_CATALOG . 'includes/modules/');
 define('DIR_FS_BACKUP', DIR_FS_ADMIN . 'backups/');

define('EDITOR_IMAGE', DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'modules/newsdesk/html_editor/editor_images');

// define our database connection
 define('DB_SERVER', 'localhost'); // eg, localhost - should not be empty for productive servers
 define('DB_SERVER_USERNAME', 'xxxx');
 define('DB_SERVER_PASSWORD', 'xxxx');
 define('DB_DATABASE', 'xxxx');
 define('USE_PCONNECT', 'false'); // use persisstent connections?
 define('STORE_SESSIONS', 'mysql'); // leave empty '' for default handler or set to 'mysql'

?>

further, these are the errors I get when I actually try and add information on the page control page

Warning: file(../shop/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php) [function.file]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 38

Warning: array_splice() [function.array-splice]: The first argument should be an array in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 83

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 203

Cannot change the mode of file (../shop/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

The error is saying it cannot fid the file. You could try editing this line in header_tags_controller.php

$filenameEng = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/header_tags.php';

to

$filenameEng = '../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

';

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Is there a way to swap the VISUAL display of the order that the index title displays data.

Currently it diplays Store Desciption - Store Title.

I would like it to display Store Title - Store Desciption.

Any help, even if its just a reference to the part in the code that does this would be very helpfull.

The only work around I have found myself disrupts the data going to the meta tags.

Unless Store Title is a well-searched-for phase, which is unlikely, you would be hurting your site by doing this. In fact, it should not, generally, be in the title at all. If you want to change it, you can include edit the actual title in admin or edit the code in includes/header_tags.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all

I did install Header tags. Everything seemed to work untill I tryed to edit a product. When I click on update I get the warning below

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php:103) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

here is lines 18.......

header('Location: ' . $url);

if (STORE_PAGE_PARSE_TIME == 'true') {

if (!is_object($logger)) $logger = new logger;

$logger->timer_stop();

}

Can someone please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you

Edited  by katiallo

Oh well, it looked good but I have problems.

The one above and.....

Can not use page or text control getting this worning:

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 240

Cannot change the mode of file (/home/xxxxxx/public_html/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

Tryed all possible codes to change permittion nothing worked.

/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php line 240....

if (!chmod($filename, 0666)) {

echo "Cannot change the mode of file ($filename)";

exit;

catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT', 'Home Page ');

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT','- osCommerce : What\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT','- Hardware Software DVD Movies What\'s New Here?');

can I change that with an editor?

Can someone please help

The error is saying it cannot fid the file. You could try editing this line in header_tags_controller.php
  $filenameEng = DIR_FS_CATALOG . DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/header_tags.php';

to

$filenameEng = '../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

';

Jack

This worked for some of the errors but not all. Could this have anything to do with my shop directory being password protected (to protect from prying eyes and orders before I'm ready)

Hi all

I did install Header tags. Everything seemed to work untill I tryed to edit a product. When I click on update I get the warning below

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php:103) in /home/xxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 18

here is lines 18.......

$logger->timer_stop();

}

Can someone please tell me how to fix this.

Thank you

You need to set the permissions on the heqder tags files. See the instructions or this thread for which ones.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This worked for some of the errors but not all. Could this have anything to do with my shop directory being password protected (to protect from prying eyes and orders before I'm ready)
There are also lines in the header_tags_english.php file you would need to change.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Ok seems that I fix all other problems except this one.

On admin after I update a product I get the following worning:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php:103) in /home/xxxxxx/public_html/admin/includes/functions/general.php on line 22

Line 22 is the same as in the installation file, I did edit it again but still getting the worning.

Please someone, I'm trying to fix this 2 days now.

$logger->timer_stop();

Edited by katiallo

Well, okay - still some errors all over the place!

When I hit 'update' missing pages I get this one for a start:

Warning: opendir(../shop/) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /home/xxxx/public_html/shop/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 223

Hi all

Tried reading through this thread but couldnt find my answers.

Just installed this mod but few problems.

1. No Header Tag option is available in admin.

2. When I go to add or edit a product I get:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_products_head_title_tag() in /home/sites/mydomain.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/categories.php on line 587

3. If I type in mydomain.co.uk/catalog/admin/header_tags_controller.php (or english.php) I get:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER) [function.main]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/sites/mydomain.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 15

x3

and

Fatal error: main() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER' (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /home/sites/mydomain.co.uk/public_html/catalog/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 15

x1.

I'm guessing I've done something wrong but I've tried 4 times at installing this only to get the same problems - any help much appreciated.

Thanks Rob

The capital letters in the error messages indicate you did not install it correctly. You should go back through the instructions to see what was missed.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons