• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

The Contrib would display the category on every main product display page.

Is there a way to integrate this with HTC or will HTC do this on its own? Or is there a better way that I haven't learned yet? :blush:

Header Tags changes the title on the pages iteself.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Header Tags changes the title on the pages iteself.

Jack

I've finished the install and so far so good. I'm still wondering about the error fix I mentioned in my previous post. Is it something you are familiar with or should I leave well enough alone?

Thanks for the help Jack! :thumbsup:

That's not one of my updates so I don't support it. I am not familiar with the error it says it fixes and, as far as I know, it has never been reported as a problem. The question has been asked before but the author didn't respond. That is usually not a good sign. If you are having a problem with the fill tags, you could try it I suppose.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

That's not one of my updates so I don't support it. I am not familiar with the error it says it fixes and, as far as I know, it has never been reported as a problem. The question has been asked before but the author didn't respond. That is usually not a good sign. If you are having a problem with the fill tags, you could try it I suppose.

Jack

Thanks for the info. I'll leave well enough alone for now.

I may not be the best person to answer either of your questions but I can offer some advice. The instructions are broken up into sections. The tendency is to rush through them and then try to find the problem, if one exists. If you follow the instructions and check the status at each step as mentioned, you may have fewer problems in the end.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Thanks

That's what I normaly do

In any case it's to late to start installing it

but i was looking at the files and there is like 6 mySQL files

so i'm thinking it will take some time

for all the changes to the Tables files and something would had to be added to all the pages in the catalog area.

at the end of the day the code will be good

Did you make the change to the head section of the product_info.php file?

Jack

I think I did. The prodcut name shows up if I enter it in the MYSQL, but if I go into admin and edit the product, it deletes the entry from the Product name field

Oh, then there is a mistake in your admin/categories.ph file. There is one included with the contribution that you can compare against.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

No, there is only one database file for new installs. See what I mean about reading the instructions. :)

Jack

Hi Jack, thank you for directing me to your contribution. I have downloaded the files, and have not yet done anything.

In the instructions it says to put the database_setup file in with the admin.php... does this mean all the files in the database directory? I am thinking yes.

This is from the install catalogue readme file. What does this mean wrt other contributions, any contributions or header tag contributions....

NOTE: If you have a clean shop, you can just copy all of the files in

the directory named

catalog_for_new_shop_only

You will still need to make the following changes but it will be much

easier overall. However **** DO NOT **** use the files in that directory

if your shop has been altered by previous contributions. Doing so will

most likely break it.

The setup seems pretty simple and straightforward, but I have always found it best to understand what I am reading before I do anything. especially with programming.

I will wait til I hear from you.

Thank you again,

Julia

http://gallery.juliatrops.com

I can't find where it says

put the database_setup file in with the admin.php
so I don't know how to respond. The database_setup.php file is used to update the database. It goes in the root of your shop (where your index.php file is located). Then you just open it with your browser and it will install the database changes. Or you can use phpmyadmin if you feel more comfortable with that.

As for the other question, for almost all contributions, if you have not altered your files from when the shop was frist created, you can just copy the included files to your site to install it (or at least part of it). But if you have made any changes to the files, then you shouldn't use this method. It might work, depending upon the changes that have been made, but it isn't worth the chance if you are not sure.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

The second method is to use the database_setup.php file

in the same directory. This is easier to use for most

people. All you do is copy the file to your host. Place

it in the same directory that your index.php file is in.

Then, open a browser and go to your site and type in the

name of the file after it. For example, if the url of

your site is www.mysite.com, then type the following in

the browsers url string:

http://www.mysite.com/database_setup.php

Then press enter and it should install it for you.

Hi Jack, thank you for your reply. This is from the install_readme_first.txt file. But now I understand what you mean re: from when the shop was first opened. I have changed things (ie easy populate and a few other contribs), so it isnt a virgin install. I guess I need to do a bit of reading before I do anything. :) I dont know much about phpadmin, but if there are step by step instructions for me to follow, then I can do that pretty good.

Thank you for your help.

Sincerely,

Julia

Hi Jack, yes, but I thought I couldnt use the database setup php file if I have already adjusted code in my store setup....? Sorry, I dont mean to be obtuse, but is it possible for me to still use it then? I would love to be able to do that.

Thank you,

Julia

There are two parts to the installation: database changes and file changes. The database_setup.php file is for database changes only. It doesn't matter what changes you have made to oyur database for this to work. The file changes are what you have to be careful of with regards to other changes you may have made.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

There are two parts to the installation: database changes and file changes. The database_setup.php file is for database changes only. It doesn't matter what changes you have made to oyur database for this to work. The file changes are what you have to be careful of with regards to other changes you may have made.

Jack

a-ha! gotcha. Okay, now it is very clear. Thanks!! LOL!

It takes a bit, but once I got it, I got it.

Talk to you soon,

Julia

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 
<META name="verify-v1" content="mdcjrcEPkEat0T3a2PAoApDleQGEnwrSnqLKLVoikFg=" />
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

I am about to do this part of the install catalogue:

FIND:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 

REPLACE with:

<?php
// BOF: Header Tag Controller v2.5.7
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
<?php
}
// EOF: Header Tag Controller v2.5.7
?>

But I seem to have an extra line that is not mentioned in the instructions. Is this okay?

And is this the code I would look for on all the pages under my /catalogue directory?

Thank you for your help,

Julia

Hi Jack, fabulous thank you, I did this, and so far the pages seem to be loading okay. I had to work around some code from a few other contributions, but I went slow, and, knock on wood, it is all okay.

My question now is this... the title still comes up as oscommerce - where can I change the title to specific keywords for seo optimization? I have not looked yet in any of the files to see if I can find it myself, or if it can be done.

My cats are all keyword specific, and seo optimized, but these do not seem to be showing at the top. Is there something else I need to do? Is this what you mean by changing all the files in the catalogue/ directory?

I have done:

install_cat

install_admin

Thank you very much,

Julia

Oh WAIT!

you mean I should have kept the line in between the two lines below...?

THis line:???

<META name="verify-v1" content="mdcjrcEPkEat0T3a2PAoApDleQGEnwrSnqLKLVoikFg=" />

Edited by juliatrops