osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The default text for description and keywords are still appearing in my source code even though I heve deleted them from Text control in the Admin. panel.

My source code looks like this:

<META NAME="Description" Content="Gifts and presents for all occassions: wedding presents, birthday gifts osCommerce : What\'s New Here? - Hardware Software DVD Movies">

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="Hardware Software DVD Movies What\'s New Here? Gifts and presents for all occassions: christmas gifts, wedding presents, birthday gifts">

See the default text in bold.

How do I get rid of this?

That can only come from the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file. So if that file is not being updated by the admin tool, you will need to change it by opening the file and editing it. Before you do that, try changing the permissions on that file to 755. That might do it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi OSC/PHP gurus out there :)

I have installed the latest version successfuly "I think" BUT its' working only when my shop language is english.. :( I have only 2 languages english and danish, and I don't use english at all...

What I'm doing wrong...please advice

THanks a million

?,???`???,?? God must love stupid people, he made so many ??,???`???,?

How is it failing? Did you create the header_tags.php file for the danish directory?

Jack

Hi Jack, thanks for replying

Yes, I did copy the english one to danish directory.. And when I change something from Admin-> Page control/text control, it changes that header_tags.php file too... But filling is not working in danish

Are you saying that if you make a change in admin->Header Tgas->Text Control, that the includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php file gets changed?

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Are you saying that if you make a change in admin->Header Tgas->Text Control, that the includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php file gets changed?

Jack

Thanks for fast replying :)

Yes, that right

Hi Jack, Thanks for the contribution! Its a wonderful tool indeed.

I installed the latest version (Header Tags Controller v2.5.5 complete) couple days earlier. But now I found my "Catalog" section of the administration panel can not display. After replaced back a clean categories.php file it works, then I switch back the modified one and found its the only 'Categories/Products' (under 'Catalog' section) part can not be displayed.

The problem should rely on the admin/categories.php file, but Im too new to php to sort it out anyway. Any help please!

My store almost a clean one, two mods installed before HTC, but that seems nothing to do with the problem.

Mods installed:

Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c

World Zones v1.9A

Edited by jwen

Thanks for fast replying :)

Yes, that right

OK, just so I understand your problem, let me ask it this way. Let's say that in your includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php file, the title for the index section is Shaytaan. If you go to your index page, you are saying that you are not seeing that title, but only on the Danish screen? Is that correct?

Jack

Hi Jack, Thanks for the contribution! Its a wonderful tool indeed.

I installed the latest version (Header Tags Controller v2.5.5 complete) couple days earlier. But now I found my "Catalog" section of the administration panel can not display. After replaced back a clean categories.php file it works, then I switch back the modified one and found its the only 'Categories/Products' (under 'Catalog' section) part can not be displayed.

The problem should rely on the admin/categories.php file, but Im too new to php to sort it out anyway. Any help please!

My store almost a clean one, two mods installed before HTC, but that seems nothing to do with the problem.

Mods installed:

Ultimate SEO URLs v2.1c

World Zones v1.9A

It sounds like you've found the problem file so it is just a mistake in that file. If you post it here or email it to me and I will take a look at it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, just so I understand your problem, let me ask it this way. Let's say that in your includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php file, the title for the index section is Shaytaan. If you go to your index page, you are saying that you are not seeing that title, but only on the Danish screen? Is that correct?

Jack

Hi Jack,

It shows Shaytaan, if I change the title for the index in includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php

My problem is with autofilling with directory/product name

Thanks alot for your time

Hi Jack,

It shows Shaytaan, if I change the title for the index in includes/languages/danish/header_tags.php

My problem is with autofilling with directory/product name

Thanks alot for your time

OK. Is there any way you can provide a little more information about your problem? We can go back and forth like this for some time. You say your problem is with auofilling. Does that mean the autofill option doesn't show up in admin->Header Tags->Fill Tags?

Jack

Sorry to take up your time!

Its too long to display the all page categories.php, so I put it here as a download link. Thanks!

Here comes my email: [email protected]

Best Regards,

jay

On line 75, before

//HTC BOC

add this line

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

. There was also another problem with the display part of the file but I can't test it right now. I will send you the changed file. Try it with the above change only and then the changed file if that doesn't do it. If neither work, let me know what the problem is and I will take a closer look.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

On line 75, before

//HTC BOC

add this line

$sql_data_array = array('categories_name' => tep_db_prepare_input($categories_name_array[$language_id]));

. There was also another problem with the display part of the file but I can't test it right now. I will send you the changed file. Try it with the above change only and then the changed file if that doesn't do it. If neither work, let me know what the problem is and I will take a closer look.

Jack

Thanks for bearing my question!

I try add the one line code above in my categories.php file, but it makes none difference.

Not received the changed file yet, gonna try it when got it. Thanks again!

Regards,

jay

Edited by jwen

Hi Jack, Thanks for your file, though it still not work.

I tried to remember whats different from the oringinal mod instruction, and the only thing is when I followed the step "CHANGES TO ALL FILES" in file "Install_Catalog.txt", lines of two file(advanced_search_result.php and advanced_search.php) to be moded comes not as exact the same as:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>"> 
<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

but one line more included like:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">
<base href="<?php echo (($request_type == 'SSL') ? HTTPS_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER) . DIR_WS_CATALOG; ?>">

Code of the two file needs to be moded is exactly the same, while I dont know how to deal with it and just directly replaced them with the code:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.5.2
// Replaced by header_tags.php
if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {
 require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');
} else {
?> 
<?php
}
// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.5.2

Not sure if that make any difference, or just lost the support of SSL for advanced search? The advanced search function seems ok. I dont know whether these change make something to do with the problem of my categories.php file.

Anyway, really appreciate your help! Thanks!

Regards,

jay

Edited by jwen

I need som urgent help please.

I've just updated from 2.5.4 to 2.5.5 (by Jack_mcs) but there is some strange issues;

1, Page Control works fine and is able to write to header_tags.php (so far so good..)

2, Text Control works EXCEPT I can't change 'Default Descriptions' and 'Default Keyword(s)'. When clicking update the page reloads and my descriptions and keywords are there but the next time they are default again.

3, Fill Tags - I can't get Fill tags to work. When testing and choosing "Clear all tags" there is a page refresh but I do not get any response. All product tags are still left when looking in the shop. Where are the fill tags stored?

I need som urgent help please.

I've just updated from 2.5.4 to 2.5.5 (by Jack_mcs) but there is some strange issues;

1, Page Control works fine and is able to write to header_tags.php (so far so good..)

2, Text Control works EXCEPT I can't change 'Default Descriptions' and 'Default Keyword(s)'. When clicking update the page reloads and my descriptions and keywords are there but the next time they are default again.

3, Fill Tags - I can't get Fill tags to work. When testing and choosing "Clear all tags" there is a page refresh but I do not get any response. All product tags are still left when looking in the shop. Where are the fill tags stored?

2 - See earlier posts about this. Changing the permissions on the english/heade_tags.php file seems to be needed on some hosts.

3 - The tags are stored in the database. All the script does is write to the database so I can't guess why it isn't working. What language are you using?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

2 - See earlier posts about this. Changing the permissions on the english/heade_tags.php file seems to be needed on some hosts.

3 - The tags are stored in the database. All the script does is write to the database so I can't guess why it isn't working. What language are you using?

Jack

Jack,

I am having problem #2 also. I changed my persmissions and still have the same problems. Text Control writes everything from every field besides these two into my english/header_tags.php file...but it will not write these fields.

Any thoughts?

Edited by pnkranger

I can update all tags except Default Descriptions' and 'Default Keyword(s)', it can't have something to do with permission then? It is set to 777.

I'm using swedish for the moment, but I will be using both swedish and english.

Edited by Fredrik.r

Jack,

I am having problem #2 also. I changed my persmissions and still have the same problems. Text Control writes everything from every field besides these two into my english/header_tags.php file...but it will not write these fields.

Any thoughts?

If you go to Text Control, change the default title and click Update, the default title stay changed? If you go back to admin, click on Page Control and then back on Text Control, does the tiitle reset?

If not,, without changing anything, go to includes/english/header_tag.php and see if the changes are there. Also see, if you can, the last modified time for that file. Was the file changed? What was the timestamp?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Can anyone email me a clean moded admin/categories.php file by the latest verson of Header Tags Controller please? Mine sitll can not work! Thanks a lot!

[email protected]

Regards,

jay

I hadn't forgot about you. I just haven't had the time. But I looked at the file and made thenecessary changes. It works fine in my shop now. It should work in yours as long as you have V 2.5.5 installed.

Jack

I can update all tags except Default Descriptions' and 'Default Keyword(s)', it can't have something to do with permission then? It is set to 777.

I'm using swedish for the moment, but I will be using both swedish and english.

Can you change the default settings when you are in English? Maybe the problem is language related?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I hadn't forgot about you. I just haven't had the time. But I looked at the file and made thenecessary changes. It works fine in my shop now. It should work in yours as long as you have V 2.5.5 installed.

Jack

Thanks a lot Jack! I really really appreciate for your help! I didn't mean u forgot about me, I just felt sorry to trouble u time and time again.

Your new moded file received. It works fine, everything ok now.

I compared the file you moded and the one I did and I found is my fault to replace a similar wrong part of code which produce the problem. Sorry about that!

Very thanks again!

Regards,

jay

Re: Database table name change from hosting company?

Hi!

I have tried to install HTC both on a new installation and on oter installation. Finally I have installd HTC on a brand new installation with all files from HTC full installation. It won't work

I get an error at the beginning when I enter Header tags in Admin:

Warning: session_start():open(/data/session/sess_85550a7e646070ea58a6647fb671df5a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /data/members/paid/m/o/movieman.se/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/members/paid/m/o/movieman.se/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /data/members/paid/m/o/movieman.se/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

and in the end which looks like this:

Warning: Unknown(): open(/data/session/sess_85550a7e646070ea58a6647fb671df5a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/data/session) in Unknown on line 0

The same error appears when I enter Page control, Text control and Fill Tags.

When I try to Fill all tag in the Fill Tags option I get the following error:

Warning: session_start(): open(/data/session/sess_85550a7e646070ea58a6647fb671df5a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /data/members/paid/m/o/movieman.se/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

Warning: session_start(): Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /data/members/paid/m/o/movieman.se/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php:67) in /data/members/paid/m/o/movieman.se/htdocs/www/admin/includes/functions/sessions.php on line 67

1146 - Table 'movieman_se_1.categories_description' doesn't exist

select categories_name, categories_id, categories_htc_title_tag, categories_htc_desc_tag, categories_htc_keywords_tag, language_id from categories_description where language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

Warning: Unknown(): open(/data/session/sess_85550a7e646070ea58a6647fb671df5a, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown(): Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/data/session) in Unknown on line 0

I wonder if this have something to do with my service provider having renamed the table from products_description respectively categories_description to oscommerce_products_description respectively oscommerce_categories_description ?

In that case where do I change the database calls?

Or is this error caused by something else?

Hoping for an easy solution!

Anders