• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

i am getting the following error when i try to change something in the admin/header tags file. everything is installed correctly and i have the header link in my admin menu.

Error:

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /home/www/*****/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 194

Cannot change the mode of file (../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

in the file admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php around 194 (highlighted in orange exactly) it says:

function WriteHeaderTagsFile($filename, $fp)

{

if (!is_writable($filename))

{

if (!chmod($filename, 0666)) {

echo "Cannot change the mode of file ($filename)";

exit;

}

}

$fpOut = fopen($filename, "w");

if (!fpOut)

{

echo 'Failed to open file '.$filename;

exit;

}

for ($idx = 0; $idx < count($fp); ++$idx)

if (fwrite($fpOut, $fp[$idx]) === FALSE)

{

echo "Cannot write to file ($filename)";

exit;

}

Can anyone help?

Also while i am here can anyone answer this question for me too (trying to install contribution "All Products 2.8":

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=166051

Thankyou

Please read the notes in the Install_Admin.txt file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi Jack

and hi to the community

I searched just this thread about an hour and a half now for my question, but either all my queries in search box result in 0 results or bring back the nearly whole thread. so if it was dicussed before a short hint/link to the thread is more than I could hope for.

I have succesfully installed HTC and wonder how it is possible to extend the page titel like

when I am in my catalog lets say

catA

subcatA

subsubcatA

product_subsubcatA

to have this string displayed like

catA -  subcatA - subsubcatA - product_subsubcatA - default titel (-browser)

in pagetitel or even better the other way round

product_subsubcatA - subsubcatA - subcatA - catA - default titel (-browser)

I am absolute new to php but managed so far all changes successfully, so a hint where to start off and maybe some snipplets would be great, but sure this has been managed already, or is my way of thinking to strange on this?

happy osC ing

dahui

Try checking the HTCA box. The order you get will be different. You would need to edit includes/header_tags.php to rearrange that.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Try checking the HTCA box. The order you get will be different. You would need to edit includes/header_tags.php to rearrange that.

Jack

thx for fast reply, tried several things now ind amin end but unfortunately the HTCA checkbox for product info will not remain checked after refresh (like the fields for default as reported before.)

extract from my header_tags.php

// PRODUCT_INFO.PHP

case ( strstr($_SERVER['PHP_SELF'],FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO) or strstr($PHP_SELF,FILENAME_PRODUCT_INFO) ):

$the_product_info_query = tep_db_query("select pd.language_id, p.products_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, p.products_model, p.products_quantity, p.products_image, pd.products_url, p.products_price, p.products_tax_class_id, p.products_date_added, p.products_date_available, p.manufacturers_id from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "' and pd.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['products_id'] . "'" . " and pd.language_id ='" .  $languages_id . "'");

$the_product_info = tep_db_fetch_array($the_product_info_query);

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'])) {

$tags_array['desc']= HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

if ( HTDA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['desc']= $the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'] . ' - ' . HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['desc']= $the_product_info['products_head_desc_tag'];

}

}

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'])) {

$tags_array['keywords']= HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

} else {

if ( HTKA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'] . ' - ' . HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['keywords']= $the_product_info['products_head_keywords_tag'];

}

}

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'])) {

$tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

} else {

if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {

$tags_array['title']= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']). ' - ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

} else {

$tags_array['title']= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']);

}

}

break;

ther is no HTTA_CAT_DEFAULT ???

apart of beeing phpnoob, but is this correct?

HTCA in product info doesnt work though! :(

dahui

You're right. HTCA is for the index page only. To have categories displayed on the products page, you will need to edit the includes/header_tags.php file. Doing so will most likely negate any postivie affect Header Tags has for your products though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hello

I tried to add a new contibution, but i have added so many that it didnt work in the end..

I had a problem with the admin/categories.php so i add the header cont again so it was the same as before.

every thing looks ok but when i click on edit in admin - categories i get this error.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_category_htc_title() in /home/jellybab/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 998

I mess around with for a little but can not see the problem.

would anyone be able to help ?

Kind regards

All permissions are set to 777

its just these that wont change the default title changes and all the other ones but these ones wont

Default Descriptions

Default Keyword(s)

If no one can help me with the error im getting, is it easy to delete the whole thing and reinstall, the only thing that would confuse me i think is the database.

i really need to fix this soon as i can not add any products as the error keeps coming up : (

Kind regards

Thanks for that Jack, shall i leave the permissions set 777, or would you suggest to change them back to 644 everytime i have updated?

cheers

Most leave them set I think. Athough I would try 755 instead of 777.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Chris & Lee - I can't duplicate that problem so I don't know what it could be. If possible, try creating a test site with the files in the archive where HTC is already installed. If that works, then your installation is at fault.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Did you upload the included files to your server?

Jack

Jack -

I actually went back and reinstall the mod and got it to work with STS.

Now all of my subcatergory headers are in spanish how do I switch it to english?

I haven't select spanish as a default language or put the files in the spanish folder.

Thanks!

Clesha

The fill_tags script must have done that, although I don't see how. You can try running that again or editing them yourself in admin.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have the 2.3.7 version of HTC. It works great and I hate to mess with it. However, I would like to have titles on my category pages. Much earlier in this thread it was sugested to add the "Category Meta Tag" contribution but now I see that feature has been added to HTC.

Are there specific files in the latest version that would deal only with category title that I can change, or would I need to go through and compare all of the files?

Thanks

There are two addtional changes to the index.php file and changes to admin/categories.php and admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php. There is also a change to the database required. There are instructions for making this change in the archive.

You should read through the history file of the contribution since other updates were made between your version and the last.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I've installed this cont. and found that everything is OK except that the product title tags, descriptions, etc are not appearing. I can see them in admin, but not on my store.

You can see the problem at Get the Gift

Click on any product and you will see that the title tags are empty. Did I miss something during install?

Hi All.

I installed this mod and there seems to be a conflict with the Hide Products for SPPC mod. When I try to edit a catergory I get this message:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: tep_get_category_htc_title() in /xxx/admin/categories.php on line 1110

Is there a way to edit the /admin/categories.php so the 2 can work together.

Thanks!

Clesha

That error is indicating a missing function, not a conflict. As part of the installation, you should have added that function to the admin/includes/functions/general.php. Please verify that that code does exist.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack Mcs

I just downloaded the header tag contribution and i've implemented it. I THINK its gone through without any major errors.

However, when i click on a category name the heading has disappeared from the top of the page where all the products within that category are listed - and there's also no page heading in the browser window either.

Actual products within categories display the correct page heading and so on - i can also tailor what is displayed at the top of the main index page.

The 2 above pointers can be seen at the store i'm developing:

http://www.readingnightlife.co.uk/catalog/

Just click on a category heading e.g balls and you'll see there's no heading, but if you click on a product within balls the headings do exist in the appropriate place.

I do have the STS installed also. I guess this problem is due to an error somewhere in the main index file? (but i cant identify it - should i put up the code?).

Thanks

David

I've since just gone into each category and edited the relevant header fields - and these amended changes have been updated.

So it all works nicely!!!

I've got some problems with HTC 2.5.4;

1, In Admin -> Header Tags -> Text Control I only have the option to fill in the english tags, even though swedish is activated in my store (english is default right now). How do I edit page and text control for both english and swedish?

2, I can't edit 'Default Description' and 'Default Keywords'. When clicking update they are just the sam again.

I have set chmod to 777. I juse the latest version of STS 3.0 Beta 2. I didn't modify index.php and application_top.php during install. The code in application_top.php is already included in sts_display_output.php and the code in index.php was never used in my old shop, do I need the code in index.php?

I've since just gone into each category and edited the relevant header fields - and these amended changes have been updated.

So it all works nicely!!!

I'm glad you figured it out. But for those reading this, if you run the fill tags file, it will create those entries for you.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons