[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the above links are working.

Jack

??? if I click on them they do work all in my firefox ???

and on mouse over the show the propper link in the status bar e.g. ... moment

.... now that I write I understand, there are no english languages installed yet, a thing I will solve finally, any chance to see them in german?

sorry for asking too fast, I do have only poor knowledge of php, but I found the solution for 2a) myself having close looks on how the arrays are made up, the awnser is in

includes\header_tags.php

some line do not have a separation beetween the values in the tags arrays e.g.

$tags_array['title']= ' Reviews: ' . tep_get_header_tag_products_title($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . ' HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

should be

$tags_array['title']= ' Reviews: ' . tep_get_header_tag_products_title($HTTP_GET_VARS['reviews_id']) . '  ' . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

notice the difference (*markup for the dummy copy pasters like me)

. ' HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;
. '  ' .  HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;

and fill like

. '  *  ' .

with every seperator you like (change asterix

to yr choice)

2b) in this file you can also determine what the arrays in whole looke like

(*** again for dummy php freakz like me - do it the old way: backup/modify/look_at_result/learn !!!)

sorry to bother you Jack an absolute MUST CONTRIB for all shops !!!

thx for the nice work!

dAhUi

remains the question why my admin workspropperly but the 3 default valus, they will not change unless modified in file-code directly, as said no big deal 3 lines for eve but ... for sure a question to you your developers heart ;)

hi Jack

looked though the complete thread and if I missed it kill me, but I got an error which I cannot determine: whe I klick on katalog in admin I get

Parse error: parse error in c:\...............\admin\categories.php on line 682

and even after third "modification-process" run of this file, I cannot see what I missed.

its the part

<!-- HTC BOC //-->
<?php
 } elseif ($action == 'new_product_preview') {
   if (tep_not_null($HTTP_POST_VARS)) {
     $pInfo = new objectInfo($HTTP_POST_VARS);
     $products_name = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_name'];
     $products_description = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_description'];
     $products_head_title_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_title_tag'];
     $products_head_desc_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_desc_tag'];
     $products_head_keywords_tag = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_head_keywords_tag'];
     $products_url = $HTTP_POST_VARS['products_url'];
   } else {
     $product_query = tep_db_query("select p.products_id, pd.language_id, pd.products_name, pd.products_description, pd.products_head_title_tag, pd.products_head_desc_tag, pd.products_head_keywords_tag, pd.products_url, p.products_quantity, p.products_model, p.products_image, p.products_price, p.products_weight, p.products_date_added, p.products_last_modified, p.products_date_available, p.products_status, p.manufacturers_id  from " . TABLE_PRODUCTS . " p, " . TABLE_PRODUCTS_DESCRIPTION . " pd where p.products_id = pd.products_id and p.products_id = '" . $HTTP_GET_VARS['pID'] . "'");
     $product = tep_db_fetch_array($product_query);
// HTC EOC

which Ipropperly replaced according instr. , and as said so far the rest works fine on my site.

can you still not access my dev-shop on this link???

thx for yr help in advance

dAhUi

There's no way to determine a line number from what you posted. But what you should do in such a situation is replace your categories file with the one from the contribution to make sure the problem goes away. If it does, compare the two files to find your mistake.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I knew that there is no way like that, but the file itself is too long as you know, anway I tried twice I will try 3rd time, as I am exactly doing what you mentioned, not beeing really familiar with php I try the "try and error" way and by and by I get to lern php as well ;) a bit at least, lets say to unerstand it. so thx for yr advice and fast reply, I will try again right now and post teh outcome immediately

dahui

shame on me - clearly in favor are those who cold read - a simple 'overreading' add instead of replace and its done my sincere apologies for bothering people like you with such peanuts.

to my defens I must say , that I really hardly slept recently, about 6h every 2nd night only the last 10 days. I had no clue about php 10 days ago and the shop should run in september. why I am doing this? it's my wife ;)

thx again so much

if you just could tell me if you could reach the site now, or still no working link, cause then I have a new problem :blush:

http://funjumping.de/shop/ (dev server)

and finally the contibutions I have installed so far didn't touch the database at all, apart a) yours ;) and B) a german tax class which shoudn'tinterfere atall.

which SEO should I install, I found a bunch, and some seem to be really favourable like chemos ultimate seo, but than againyours was the first big contriband myabe you coulkd give me a could advice which SEO in which version to use, to work perfect with HTC 2.5.3 that I finally successfully installed hipjophurray and greetings from gemany

dahui

sorry for my englisch, but a) I am italian B) live in germany and c) again 04:10am here :o

Hey all,

Does this contrib dynamically display the product details in the header tags after it's installed (I'm mainly wondering about the <title>)?

I can run fill_tags to update existing products (is that right?) but what about future products?

Thanks.

shame on me - clearly in favor are those who cold read - a simple 'overreading' add instead of replace and its done my sincere apologies for bothering people like you with such peanuts.

to my defens I must say , that I really hardly slept recently, about 6h every 2nd night only the last 10 days. I had no clue about php 10 days ago and the shop should run in september. why I am doing this? it's my wife ;)

thx again so much

if you just could tell me if you could reach the site now, or still no working link, cause then I have a new problem  :blush:

http://funjumping.de/shop/ (dev server)

and finally the contibutions I have installed so far didn't touch the database at all, apart a) yours ;) and B) a german tax class which shoudn'tinterfere atall.

which SEO should I install, I found a bunch, and some seem to be really favourable like chemos ultimate seo, but than againyours was the first big contriband myabe you coulkd give me a could advice which SEO in which version to use, to work perfect with HTC 2.5.3 that I finally successfully installed hipjophurray and greetings from gemany

dahui

sorry for my englisch, but a) I am italian B) live in germany and c) again 04:10am here  :o

It's not a bother. We all make such mistakes. :) Your link works now and, IMO, you have a very nice looking site. Good job. As far as the SEO question, I assume you are looking for a contribution that will change the urls? If so, then I would recommend Ultimate SEO. Thre were problems with V 2.1 so you may want to ask on the support thread to make sure that is wokring OK. Version 2.0 works fine though.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey all,

Does this contrib dynamically display the product details in the header tags after it's installed (I'm mainly wondering about the <title>)?

I can run fill_tags to update existing products (is that right?) but what about future products?

Thanks.

It does dunamically display the title. However, if you add a product after fill tags is ran and you don't enter in the meta tag information, then that product won't have a title to display.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

... and, IMO, you have a very nice looking site. Good job ...

thx jack, took me some time to understand the way OSC works initially I tought that I coud just change the header and footer as well as left and right column only, but I had to chnage every singgle file in catalog. the aim was too make it look like the site itself http://www.elflein-kosmetik.de

I am quite happy now, installed a few contribs

german tax contrib (just alters zones and taxes values in DB)

Must Agree to Terms 2.2MS2v1.5.2

Print Order Receipt v1.4

Search_Box_Anywhere

Site Map MS2 - 2.3

GoogleXMLSitemapv1.3

HeaderTagsController_V_2.5.3 (complete incl. adminpart)

For the moment the development server has an httpsdoc/ directory but not yet secured by my own certificate, I use the servers Plesk default cerificate whilest testing. And everything seems to work fine so far.

As far as the SEO question, I assume you are looking for a contribution that will change the urls? If so, then I would recommend Ultimate SEO. Thre were problems with V 2.1 so you may want to ask on the support thread to make sure that is wokring OK. Version 2.0 works fine though.

and here we come to my main problem. I do not get any SEO to work. I know I should ask my questions in the respective threads, I did but without any response. I tried chemos Ultimate SEO 2.1c 'bout 4 times and no chance on top if I undrestand it right it is not supported anymore by chemo due to the differnces in osc team

me personally I would prefer Seach Engine Friendly URL contrib as I like the way the Url is made up with slahes personally better (respect for chemos work though). but even that install (3 times minimum) gives me an error which I could not determine and in the thread nobody unfortunately awnsered.

If you could assist ... :huh: maybe have a look not your deal I know ;)

anyway again yr contrib was the biggest one to install so far but I did it and it works beautifull (the 3 main defaults though I have still to hard code in the file, the admin end still won't accept it)

happy osC

dahui

As I mentioned, Version 2.1 has problems. I suggest you remove it and install Version 2.0. Please post any other question regarding this in a different thread since it doesn't have to do with Header Tags.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It does dunamically display the title. However, if you add a product after fill tags is ran and you don't enter in the meta tag information, then that product won't have a title to display.

Jack

Sorry for the delay. Thanks for that info!

Has anyone gotten the following error while trying to update the Text Control page?

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /home/powerhou/public_html/osCommerce/catalog/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 194

Cannot change the mode of file (../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

I've installed Header Tags Controller V2.5 and have fallen at the first hurdle.

In step 2: Install Catalog files I find that putting in:

// BOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v2.5.2
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');
// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.
 require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');
// EOF: WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Controller v2.5.2

Causes the following error:-

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'includes/functions/header_tags.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/961/coolgifts/www.coolgiftsonline.co.uk/public_html/catalog/includes/application_top.php on line 522

I have STS installed and have therefore tried the fix as described in the README file

NOTE for STS Users: The above also applies to STS shops but does not

always work for some reason. If your STS shop fails, in your sts_output.php file,

FIND

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

CHANGE TO

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

But this does not make any difference. When I revert to the original application_top.php file, it all works fine again. However, I really want to use the Header Tags Controller.

Anyone have any ideas?

Hello.

I just installed the controller and everything seems to installed correctly until I click the link in admin. I go this warning:

Warning: file(../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/path/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 233

What did I miss?

Thanks!

Clesha

Forgot to add that when I click on a catergory it's in spanish and when I click into an item i get this:

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/includes/header_tags.php on line 15

Warning: main(includes/languages/english/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /path/includes/header_tags.php on line 15

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/english/header_tags.php' (include_path='.:/path') in /pathl/includes/header_tags.php on line 15

I did install Article Manager prior to this mod.

Thanks!

Clesha

i am getting the following error when i try to change something in the admin/header tags file. everything is installed correctly and i have the header link in my admin menu.

Error:

Warning: chmod(): Operation not permitted in /home/www/*****/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 194

Cannot change the mode of file (../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

in the file admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php around 194 (highlighted in orange exactly) it says:

function WriteHeaderTagsFile($filename, $fp)

{

if (!is_writable($filename))

{

if (!chmod($filename, 0666)) {

echo "Cannot change the mode of file ($filename)";

exit;

}

}

$fpOut = fopen($filename, "w");

if (!fpOut)

{

echo 'Failed to open file '.$filename;

exit;

}

for ($idx = 0; $idx < count($fp); ++$idx)

if (fwrite($fpOut, $fp[$idx]) === FALSE)

{

echo "Cannot write to file ($filename)";

exit;

}

Can anyone help?

Also while i am here can anyone answer this question for me too (trying to install contribution "All Products 2.8":

http://www.oscommerce.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=166051

Thankyou

hi Jack

and hi to the community

I searched just this thread about an hour and a half now for my question, but either all my queries in search box result in 0 results or bring back the nearly whole thread. so if it was dicussed before a short hint/link to the thread is more than I could hope for.

I have succesfully installed HTC and wonder how it is possible to extend the page titel like

when I am in my catalog lets say

catA

subcatA

subsubcatA

product_subsubcatA

to have this string displayed like

catA - subcatA - subsubcatA - product_subsubcatA - default titel (-browser)

in pagetitel or even better the other way round

product_subsubcatA - subsubcatA - subcatA - catA - default titel (-browser)

I am absolute new to php but managed so far all changes successfully, so a hint where to start off and maybe some snipplets would be great, but sure this has been managed already, or is my way of thinking to strange on this?

happy osC ing

dahui

Hello.

I just installed the controller and everything seems to installed correctly until I click the link in admin.  I go this warning:

Warning: file(../includes/languages/english/header_tags.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/path/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 233

What did I miss?

Did you upload the included files to your server?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

my default Descriptions  and Keywords wont update  i change them  go to update  and come back in  and there back to the default again

make sure the permission settings are correct for the includes/header_tags,php and includes/languages/english/header_tags.php.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons