• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I've been having a problem with Header Tags Controller 2.5.3 and 2.5.4.

When a product is edited, specifically changed to out of stock, the product looses (changed to null) its product_name. I had to go into the database to re-add it.

I've checked all my HTC edits, and can't find anything incorrect. I paid special attention to the admin/categories.php code edits, but everything is what the HTC instructions say they should be.

Thanks for any advice!

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

>_< After comparing more closely my admin/categories.php to the the stock HTC version, I found a misplaced edit.

I've been having a problem with Header Tags Controller 2.5.3 and 2.5.4.

When a product is edited, specifically changed to out of stock, the product looses (changed to null) its product_name.  I had to go into the database to re-add it.

I've checked all my HTC edits, and can't find anything incorrect.  I paid special attention to the admin/categories.php code edits, but everything is what the HTC instructions say they should be.

Thanks for any advice!

Hi

I wondered if anyone could shed any light on this problem? I have installed the Header Tag Contribute , all was working fine until I pointed to fill_tags.php . which updated all the category headings and page titles however when I click on an individual product the following error comes up:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() inwww\includes\header_tags.php on line 206

This appears when I click on the product itself. Does anyone know why? Would be really grateful on how to resolve this! Thanks in advance :-"

Be sure you have a file named clean_html_comments.php in the includes/functions directory. It sounds like you may have forgotten to copy it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

hi, i am really stuck!

i want to install this contribution and i have downloaded the "header_tags_controller-2.5.4.cip" file.

but i am not sure what to do next! this is the first contribution i am adding to my osc site!

firstly i want to know what the header.sql file is, i can't find this anywhere!

secondly, where is the database_setup.php file?

i can't find both of these in the zip file i downloaded.

the instructions also mention a database_files directory, this is not in the download aswell.

please help, im pulling my hair out, its probably really easy once i know how!

hi, i am really stuck!

i want to install this contribution and i have downloaded the "header_tags_controller-2.5.4.cip" file.

but i am not sure what to do next! this is the first contribution i am adding to my osc site!

firstly i want to know what the header.sql file is, i can't find this anywhere!

secondly, where is the database_setup.php file?

i can't find both of these in the zip file i downloaded.

the instructions also mention a database_files directory, this is not in the download aswell.

please help, im pulling my hair out, its probably really easy once i know how!

you need to download HeaderTags_V_2 as well as header_tags_controller-2.5.4 in there you will find the Database_Files hope this helps

Edited by themacman

Be sure you have a file named clean_html_comments.php in the includes/functions directory. It sounds like you may have forgotten to copy it.

Jack

Hi Jack

thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I checked and I have put the file in there. Any other ideas would be much appreciated as this problem came right at the end of building the site.

I did find this bit of code on the top of clean_html_comments.php

// BE CAREFUL NOT to use this function where it will effect currencies.php or the listings for product name

// This is used for cosmetic purposes for what the visitor sees and not for what the php code sees. The php code needs to see the HTML comment tags.

//

// Removes the <!--//* and *//--> from Product Names

Could this have something to do with it? :blush:

you need to download HeaderTags_V_2 as well as header_tags_controller-2.5.4  in there you will find the  Database_Files hope this helps

thanks macman, could please tell me which date this was released on as there is many on there.

your help is much appreciated.

All versions that I realease are full versions. The database is located in the directory named database_files. The last one I released was 2.5.4.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi Jack

thanks for the prompt reply. Unfortunately I checked and I have put the file in there. Any other ideas would be much appreciated as this problem came right at the end of building the site.

I did find this bit of code on the top of clean_html_comments.php

// BE CAREFUL NOT to use this function where it will effect currencies.php or the listings for product name

// This is used for cosmetic purposes for what the visitor sees and not for what the php code sees. The php code needs to see the HTML comment tags.

//

// Removes the <!--//* and *//--> from Product Names

Could this have something to do with it? :blush:

Not in most shops. You may have something installed that will affect it though.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I installed HTC 2.5.4 and it works great for me. I can see product name on each product page. Now I want to change it a little bit to display category, product name and product description in the page title. What should I do?

Thanks!

Hi all,

I installed the Header tags controller a while back and I've noticed that when I add a new product in the admin section I'm presented with duplicate input fields for Product name, desc, header title, desc, and keywords, and product URL.

I've spent hours trying to find the problem with no luck. I've searched the forum here but also no luck. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP

Ron

Hi,

I installed HTC 2.5.4 and it works great for me. I can see product name on each product page. Now I want to change it a little bit to display category, product name and product description in the page title. What should I do?

Thanks!

You would need to edit the code in includes/header_tags.php. It is not recommended to do that since all of the SE's limit the length of the title they will accept so yours will be truncated at various points. Better to have it the same for all of the SE's.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

just a quick question....

i have a working V2.5.4.....the product meta tags it generates are not separated by commas..... do they have to be or not for search engines to pick them up as different words

The code just dislays the entered text as is. The keywords should be separated by commas so you should enter those when you create the keywords listing.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all,

I installed the Header tags controller a while back and I've noticed that when I add a new product in the admin section I'm presented with duplicate input fields for Product name, desc, header title, desc, and keywords, and product URL.

I've spent hours trying to find the problem with no luck.  I've searched the forum here but also no luck.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!

PLEASE HELP

Ron

Most likely the code added to admin/categories.php was duplicated. Try using the categories.php file from the archive just to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you will need to recheck you changes.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

hi, just halfway thru installing. managed to go thru the "intall_admin" read me file but now i'm going to my admin and getting the following error messages at the top of the screen:

Warning: main(includes/boxes/header_tags_controller.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/deviltro/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Warning: main(includes/boxes/header_tags_controller.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/www/deviltro/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/header_tags_controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/deviltro/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

i am not getting the header tag to show on the left in my admin.

please help

hi, just halfway thru installing. managed to go thru the "intall_admin" read me file but now i'm going to my admin and getting the following error messages at the top of the screen: 

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/boxes/header_tags_controller.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/www/deviltro/admin/includes/column_left.php on line 22

i am not getting the header tag to show on the left in my admin.

please help

Most likely the code added to admin/categories.php was duplicated. Try using the categories.php file from the archive just to see if the problem goes away. If it does, then you will need to recheck you changes.

Jack

Well, I've gone through the file as carefully as I could and I could not find any indication of duplicate code. Even after comparing it with the old file. I then uploaded the old file and low and behold the problem was still there. That suggests that the HTC had nothing to do with the problem but anyother help would be appreciated. If anyone's looking for a challenge...

Ron

Well, I've gone through the file as carefully as I could and I could not find any indication of duplicate code.  Even after comparing it with the old file.  I then uploaded the old file and low and behold the problem was still there.  That suggests that  the HTC had nothing to do with the problem but  anyother help would be appreciated.  If anyone's looking for a challenge...

Ron

HA!

Just for the sake of documenting this, the problem had nothing to do with HTC, I had somehow activated 2 default languages, both were somehow the default. I had to delete one of them in PHP MyAdmin. Problem solved, thanks for the response

Jack_mcs

Ron

Hi,

Thanks!

Got no luck to receive any replies.... I thought Jack has added sth in the contribution so that it supports category on page title, just not sure how to use it.... Jack, any clues?

Thanks!!!

GREAT CONTRIB !!!

my question can be seen/reproduced on my development site

contrib installed and set the defaults to

def titel

def descr

def keyw

1.) all works nicely apart that in admin panel I can change everything but the default tags I had to change them inthe files while all other functions work propperly. not really a problem ...

2.) when you look e.g. index newproducts and any product you can see that the space between titel and def titel is ok in first 2 but in all product ther is missing a space to divide it from def titel.

a- where can I change this?

b- is it normal that if titel exists def titel is always displayed afterwards?

thy for support

dAhUi