osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's normal. That refers to an image not being uploaded. It is part of the code in the categories file and would involve to much effort to disable for each contribution so you'll always see it on any contribtuion that makes changes via that file.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

OK one otehr thing...

in the catalog/index.php, if i change the

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

to

<?php

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.5.2

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v2.5.2

?>

I get this error;

1054 - Unknown column 'c.category_head_title_tag' in 'field list'

select cd.categories_name, c.category_head_title_tag, c.category_head_desc_tag, c.category_head_keywords_tag from categories c, categories_description cd where c.categories_id = '314' and cd.categories_id = '314' and cd.language_id = '1'

[TEP STOP]

You have the wrong version of Header Tags. Please download V 2.5.4 and use that.

Jack

where is that version jack, i can only see 2.5.2 if i search for header in contributions??

and do i need to undo all the changes for the one i've already installed? :(

The team is implenting a new policy on what can be in a contribution. I've uploaded it twice but they apparently found something else. I'll have to ask for another definition before trying to upload again.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I've just uploaded it and it is there now. I think I have it set the way they want but, if not, it will be pulled again so don't delay.:)

As to whether the people insalling it would get stuck or not, there's no way to tell. If they know what they are doing, they shouldn't have a problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

i would suggest you try to install the contribution yourself, Jack is pretty good about the instructions and there is plenty of help here if you run into problems.

so..how long could we have to wait for that?

also..i have some people offering to install theheader tag contribution for me for a small charge...would they get stuck at the same point??

you are right Mibble....I dont think I'll be payin anyone to do it for me especially now that I have the browser titles showin up for categories aswell....thanks JACK!

before i carry on with the admin install section again, a brief look tells me its the same as the last file as in V3.5.2

if i fill meta tags in the category section, they dont show up in the source of the page and if you go back to the category section in admin, all the meta tags, titles etc. have disappeared although the titles show in the browser.

any thoughts?

actually i've just noticed that as i had this other " dynaimc meta tags " contribution added previously, the meta tags and keywords are showing up in the source for some pages where I have left it in..excellent

will give it anotehr check and try adding meta tags to other pages and get back to you guys....

:thumbsup:

no i was wrong.... the previous meta tag contribution is not working, i had to take some HTTA ticks etc off for the unique tags to work.... everything seems fine now....thought i'll add this reply to clear any confusions.

I have a problem with file http://www.MYSITE.it/admin/header_tags_controller.php

Warning: main(includes/languages/italian/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /MYSITE.it/httpdocs/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 15

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'includes/languages/italian/FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER' (include_path='.:/usr/local/psa/apache/lib/php') in /MYSITE.it/httpdocs/admin/header_tags_controller.php on line 15

This is line 15:

require(DIR_WS_LANGUAGES . $language . '/' . FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER);

I have a site in Italian language

I have already modified the file of the Italian language instead of that English

What I must make?

Thanks

It sound like you missed the part where you edit the filenames.php file. From the instructions:

Add to admin/includes/filenames.php anywhere before the closing ?>

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER', 'header_tags_controller.php');
define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_ENGLISH', 'header_tags_english.php');
define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_INCLUDES', 'header_tags_includes.php');

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

It sound like you missed the part where you edit the filenames.php file. From the instructions:
Add to admin/includes/filenames.php anywhere before the closing ?>

define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_CONTROLLER', 'header_tags_controller.php');
define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_ENGLISH', 'header_tags_english.php');
define('FILENAME_HEADER_TAGS_INCLUDES', 'header_tags_includes.php');

Jack

I have controlled but there are

That allowed it must have the file filenames.php?

I have 644 it's Just?

I have just installed this contrib and find it extremely good, although I am having a few teething problems.

When i alter the tags etc for allprods, it doesnt save them, also, a lot of my pages, eg. reviews, shipping etc dont show the title, tags, description when i view the source code.

Any ideas please?

I have just installed this contrib and find it extremely good, although I am having a few teething problems.

When i alter the tags etc for allprods, it doesnt save them, also, a lot of my pages, eg. reviews, shipping etc dont show the title, tags, description when i view the source code.

Any ideas please?

Hi,

I had the same problem, as a mater of fact i still do....but you can still use the contribution in the sense that everything is saved if you check the page source...although the category title heading shows as empty, as long as you dont click "save" the previous info you typed on the page still shows...

also try ticking on and off the HTTA and other options on the header tags page and check their effect on the source page.

First, be sure you are using V 2.5.4. Then try changing it in admin and then look at the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file to see if it was actually changed. If not, then, assuming the installation was done correctly, your host is probably preventing it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

the header contribution 2.5.4 is working perfectly but i need to know how to get rid of this email add in the source code..started getting spam already....i did a search on it but wasn't sure exactly what line of code to remove and which file exactly.

Thanks!

If you are referring to the meta reply-to tag, that was removed in version 2.5.2 but was added back in by mistake in v 2.5.3. To remove it, just change the following line in includes/header_tags.php

echo '  <META NAME="Reply-to" CONTENT="' . HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL . '">' . "\n";

to

//echo '  <META NAME="Reply-to" CONTENT="' . HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL . '">' . "\n";

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons