• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/mikewolf/public_html/janwolfdesigns/includes/header_tags.php on line 185

Getting this error now ;)

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I installed Header Tags 2.3.7 and just recently installed STS. Everything is working fine.

I'm about to start adding all of my products and I was wondering if there is an easier way to populate the meta tag fields than re-typing everything. Ideally I would like a button that I could click and it would copy everything and then I could make corrections before clicking the preview button.

Is there anything like this considering I'm using STS?

Thanx, Dave.

Mike - Be sure you have copied the correct header_tags.php file to your includes/functions directory and that you have the code added to includes/application_top.php.

David - There is a script called fill_tags that will do this for you. It is included in the later versions but that will not be compatibile with your version. You need to go back through the earlier versions and find one without the categories code added.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi all, Can somebody help me out a sec?

I have installed this great contribution, and all is still working, but in the main section of the page, when i go into a category, the category name shows up twice.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Steve

I have installed this great contribution, and all is still working, but in the main section of the page, when i go into a category, the category name shows up twice.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Steve

I can't imagine how that could happen unless the code was included twice. If you can't figure it out, paste the code for the broken page here.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

What by chance did you do? I've had the same succession of problems that you reported.

Thanks in advance.

includes/header_tags.php on line 185

I took out this code that was on lines 181-189.

if (empty($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'])) {
     $tags_array['title']= HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;
   } else {
     if ( HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON=='1' ) {
       $tags_array['title']= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']) . HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL;
     } else {
       $tags_array['title']= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'] . ' - Wholesale Candy for Retail Customers');
     }
   }

Worked fine with out it. I do not know a lot about coding, but from what I understand that code is just used incase some meta tags are not filled out. If they are empty it will automatically fill in the meta tag from that code. By taking it out you will not have that feature anymore. That is just my understanding I could be wrong. Let me know if it works.

Mike.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, Steve

Can anybody help me with this problem please?

Thanks,

Steve

When you see it displaying that way, look up at the url and it will tell you what page is being displayed. That's the one you want to paste.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

ok, wow, this is a long thread. I searched around a little bit in it and didn't find my problem, but seeing how it is massivly huge i know it's hiding in there somewhere.

Anyway, here is what's up. I installed and everything is working fine,

except...

on my product_info.php it is setting the title as:

<title>Pictue albumMySite.com</title>

with no space mind you.

what i really want it to be is

<title>MySite.com :: Pictue album</title>

Now I know this has to be an extremely stupid/easy fix but how might i go about doing that?

Okay well i found the problem myself. It was in /catalog/includes/header_tags.php

I just had to change line 187 from:

$tags_array['title']= clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag'] . ' - Wholesale Candy for Retail Customers');

to:

$tags_array['title']= 'MySite.com :: ' . clean_html_comments($the_product_info['products_head_title_tag']);

Which sadly enough i hadn't done yet. I noticed this when i turned off line 32 in /catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

define('HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON','1');

by changing to

define('HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON','0');

Just a heads up for all you crazy newbies like me out there.

And i was right, it WAS a stupid/easy fix :-"

Edited by Gidgidonihah

Kinda not very obvious due to the seo url's...

http://www.mysite.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=142

It's the index.php file.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

New version available.

- Added the version number to the lines that go in the catalog files so

anyone can tell what version they have at a glance

- Added section to admin that allows adding/deleting/editing the code in the header tags files. This makes adding the HTC code for a new or existing page much easier.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

New version available.

- Added the version number to the lines that go in the catalog files so

?? anyone can tell what version they have at a glance

- Added section to admin that allows adding/deleting/editing the code in the header tags files.? This makes adding the HTC code for a new or existing page much easier.

Jack

Just installed this for the first time and I get:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/dashmake/dashmaker.com/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:13) in /hsphere/local/home/dashmake/dashmaker.com/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 13

using oscommerce 2.2 and sts template system.

Edited by marcoren

Ok, found it. I'm using STS template which says:

sts_display_output.php: require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

I've commented it out of application_top.php since sts is doing it. Onto the next issue.

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() (previously declared in /hsphere/local/home/dashmake/dashmaker.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php:8) in /hsphere/local/home/dashmake/dashmaker.com/catalog/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 8

Edited by marcoren

To finish up my issues:

Summarize: I have oscommerce 2.2 and I'm using sts ( Simple template system ).

The problem:

First got this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in

Then got this:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare tep_get_header_tag_products_title() (previously declared in

To fix the problems I was having, I originally commented the lines in includes/application_top.php for the 2 require files, clean_html_comments.php and header_tags.php.

This worked with index.php but it broke product_info.php. After reading some earlier posts by Jack ( thank you sir ), I uncommented the 2 files in application_top.php and commented them in sts_display_output.php.

Everything's now working great in my catalog.

I used fill_tags.php and fill_tags_keyw to fill the data into my database for all of my products. It's not an enormous store but it's to big to edit by hand.

It looks like there are some options to include fields on every page:

HTDA_ALLPRODS_ON

HTKA_ALLPRODS_ON

HTTA_ALLPRODS_ON

I'm not getting this to work right. Are they supposed to be in the database? Do I need to code them myself in the languages file?

I see some other fields that aren't popping up right either:

HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT

HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT

HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT

HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL

What file is all this stuff defined in?

TIA

Hmm, you see it in the source and not on the page? I have no idea what could be causing that. Only the english file is supplied with the contribution. If you need it for another language, you need to copy that file to the correct directory and convert the text to that language.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Jack, here's what I have, does anything stick out to you?

Subsequent pages after the inital are working although their not doing the concatenation I was hoping to see.

In the output from the browser:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title>HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT</title>

<META NAME="Description" Content="HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT">

<META NAME="Keywords" CONTENT="HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT">

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<META NAME="Reply-to" CONTENT="HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL">

My header_tags.php looks like this:

<?php

// /catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

// WebMakers.com Added: Header Tags Generator v2.3

// Add META TAGS and Modify TITLE

//

// DEFINITIONS FOR /includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

// Define your email address to appear on all pages

define('HEAD_REPLY_TAG_ALL',STORE_OWNER_EMAIL_ADDRESS);

// For all pages not defined or left blank, and for products not defined

// These are included unless you set the toggle switch in each section below to OFF ( '0' )

// The HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL is included BEFORE the specific one for the page

// The HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL is included AFTER the specific one for the page

// The HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL is included AFTER the specific one for the page

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT','DashMaker.com ');

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL','DashMaker.com ');

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL','- Real and Synthetic Wood , Carbon Fiber , Aluminum and colors');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL',' - Real and Synthetic Wood Real and Synthetic Carbon Fiber Aluminum and colors');

define('HTTA_CAT_DEFAULT_ON', '1'); //Include HEADE_TITLE_DEFAULT in CATEGORY DISPLAY

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT','- Real and Synthetic Wood , Carbon Fiber , Aluminum and colors');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT','- Real and Synthetic Wood Real and Synthetic Carbon Fiber Aluminum and colors');

define('HTDA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title

define('HTKA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title

define('HTTA_ALLPRODS_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title

// DEFINE TAGS FOR INDIVIDUAL PAGES

// index.php

define('HTTA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_TITLE_TAG_ALL in Title

define('HTKA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL in Keywords

define('HTDA_DEFAULT_ON','1'); // Include HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL in Description

define('HTTA_CAT_DEFAULT_ON', '1'); //Include HEADE_TITLE_DEFAULT in CATEGORY DISPLAY

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_DEFAULT', 'DashMaker.com ');

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_DEFAULT','- Dash Kits in Real and Synthetic wood, carbon fiber, aluminum and colors. ');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_DEFAULT','- Dash Kits in Real and Synthetic wood, carbon fiber, aluminum and colors. ');

// product_info.php - if left blank in products_description table these values will be used

define('HTTA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON','1');

define('HTKA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON','1');

define('HTDA_PRODUCT_INFO_ON','1');

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO','DashMaker.com :: Products');

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO','DashMaker.com :: Products');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_INFO','DashMaker.com :: Products');

// products_new.php - whats_new

define('HTTA_WHATS_NEW_ON','1');

define('HTKA_WHATS_NEW_ON','1');

define('HTDA_WHATS_NEW_ON','1');

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_WHATS_NEW','DashMaker.com :: New Products');

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_WHATS_NEW','DashMaker.com :: I am ON PRODUCTS_NEW as HEAD_DESC_TAG_WHATS_NEW and over ride the HEAD_DESC_TAG_ALL');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_WHATS_NEW','DashMaker.com :: I am on PRODUCTS_NEW as HEAD_KEY_TAG_WHATS_NEW and over ride HEAD_KEY_TAG_ALL');

// specials.php

// If HEAD_KEY_TAG_SPECIALS is left blank, it will build the keywords from the products_names of all products on special

define('HTTA_SPECIALS_ON','1');

define('HTKA_SPECIALS_ON','1');

define('HTDA_SPECIALS_ON','1');

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_SPECIALS','DashMaker.com :: Specials');

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_SPECIALS','DashMaker.com :: Specials');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_SPECIALS','DashMaker.com :: Specials');

// product_reviews_info.php and product_reviews.php - if left blank in products_description table these values will be used

define('HTTA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');

define('HTKA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');

define('HTDA_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO_ON','1');

define('HEAD_TITLE_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO','DashMaker.com :: Product Reviews');

define('HEAD_DESC_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO','DashMaker.com :: Product Reviews');

define('HEAD_KEY_TAG_PRODUCT_REVIEWS_INFO','DashMaker.com :: Product Reviews');

?>