• Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Ok, I got the admin catagories to work agaian, by commenting out this line

// $pInfo = new objectInfo($parameters);p.products_bimage

I'm using the big image contrib, could these two contribs be causing each other problems? hmm, by commenting that one out, it still seems to work... But I still get that same error on the main page, but at least the admin/catalog section is working now.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, you were right the files were mixed up, but it wasn't my fault... The last version of that have the files mixed up... I put the english one from the .rar into the functions, and the functions one into the english and it works... lol all that hassal :P

Thanks so much for your help Jack, I prob wouldn't of figured that out my own... and would of reinstalled and imported the database again...

Robert

Arg, sorry to be a bother but i'm still having problems, however it's not script errors coming up, just the layout, and missing variables, i guess when i go 2 , add new item, or edit, i get... the layout like this

Product Status

Data Available

Products Manufacturer

Products Description

TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO

Products Page Title

Page Header Description

Product Keywords

Tax Class:

Products Price (Net)

Products Price (Gross)

Products Description

Products Quantity

Products Model

Products Image

Big Product Image

Product URL:

Product Weight

I have double Product Description, and no Product Name. It looks like for some reason, theres a product description in the spot for product name... Any hints on fixing this please let me know.

Thanks

Robert

Jack I got the one you put up, but it doesnt' seem to be complete... In the readme the only thing it says to define is

Add the following in admin/includes/languages/english/categories.php

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_PAGE_TITLE', 'Products Page Title:');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_HEADER_DESCRIPTION', 'Page Header Description:');

define('TEXT_PRODUCTS_KEYWORDS', 'Product Keywords:');

that's all... I've been trying to install it with Header Tags Controller v2.3.7

Is this a bad copy? I don't get it... I've scanned all the readme's and it doesn't mention defining it at all...

I've never edited the admin section. That appears to be an error in the instructions. Add this line to your english/categories.php file:

define('TEXT_PRODUCT_METTA_INFO', '<b>Meta Tag Information</b>');

That won't solve your duplicate line problem though. I would guess that is caused by duplicate lines actually being added to the file. You may want to reinstall the admin/categories file using an original untouched copy.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I've had this installed since June and haven't really worried about this, but now it's getting to be a headache. Anyway, when I installed this contribution, the meta info boxes got put in the center of the product entry page instead of at the bottom. The only thing this affected was, is now there is no place to input the stock level. Somehow, I covered it up, but I was so happy to have it working, I left it. Now I need to fix this. Does anyone know what code I need to put back in to get my stock box back?

Thanks

Cyndi

Is it reality or just a dream, for some there is no difference.

Hi, i just installed the header tag contrib again. I think its starting to work. I have a question tho. When i entered in a product page title, it disappeared in my listing on my product pages!!!. What did i do?

thanks

Also, i see that there are meta tags on the product pages, but how do i get a meta tag on my index page? Thanks!!

Edited by Spots

When i entered in a product page title
In admin?

it disappeared in my listing on my product pages
In catalog?

I'm sorry but I'm not clear what you are saying from the above.

The meta tags for the index file are set in includes/languages/english/header_tags.php.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

OK, that lkinks works. The other one had two http's in it - I should have seen that.

Anyway, I see what you are talking about but have no idea whay it is doing it. Since the other products work, I doubt that it is the HTC code causing the problem. Something in the title may be causing the problem. Maybe an un-escaped character. Try copying and pasting the title from one of the working products into the non-working one. What happens?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Well, i only added meta tags using the HTC for that one product and it lost it's title. I was afraid to add another meta tag and lose all my titles. When you said to copy and paste the titles from a working one to the non working one, where am i supposed to do that? In admin? Thanks

Yes. When you click on edit a product in admin, there should be three boxes there for Header Tags use as well as your regular boxes. Just open a good product, copy what is there and then paste it into the bad product. You won't hurt anything other than the bad product but that is necessary to see where the problem lies. It can be restored at any time. Or, you could just add a new product and use that for a test.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi All

I've been having fun tweeking the oScommerce code and the Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2 is particulary cool... i belive that i have manged to set it up successfully (nothing has fallen to pieces) but I one issue which i'm hoping someone can help me...

-- how/where do i access the control pannel from whicg i can enter my chosen tags and keywords?---

Apologies if this is a bit of a thick question, but I cant seem to work this out or find it in the configuration options or documentation.

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

:unsure:

keyone

umm?

in the Categories / Products section of Admin section, when i view the list of form fields, the last one in

"product weight"

Sould there be 3 more field for meta data after this?

I believe that I have followed all the instruction.... i do not recall changing anything in the admin directory...

should I have done? Any ideas?

thanks

k

You should see the three fields between the Products Description and Products Quantity fields. Yes, there are a number of changes to be made to the admin files so if you didn't do them, the fields will not be present.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi,

I've just successfully installed the Header Tags Controller contribution V2.3.7, great contribution, thank you.

However, I wasn't sure what to do when it came to the index.php file within catalog as I've already installed the meta tags contribution. My existing code is as follows:

>

<!doctype html public "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">

<html <?php echo HTML_PARAMS; ?>>

<head>

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1">

<title><?php

// RJW Begin Meta Tags Code

if (file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'meta_tags.php')) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'meta_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

<?php

}

// RJW End Meta Tags Code

?>

The instructions in the ReadMe to operate.txt state the following:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In each file of /catalog/ you will need to make the following modification:

Replace the existing two lines in all files that you want to use the Header Tags Controller:

Old Lines:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=<?php echo CHARSET; ?>">

<title><?php echo TITLE ?></title>

New Lines:

<?php

// BOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

// Replaced by header_tags.php

if ( file_exists(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php') ) {

require(DIR_WS_INCLUDES . 'header_tags.php');

} else {

?>

<title><?php echo TITLE; ?></title>

<?php

}

// EOF: WebMakers.com Changed: Header Tag Controller v1.0

?>

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not sure what to do in this instance. Please advise.

Thanks

I'm not familar with that other contribution but it appears it is just changing the title. If that is the case, remove it and replace the code with that provided by HTC. Or leave it in and don't install HTC for this file. But don't do them both since that will give duplicate title tags and that may be considered spamming.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons