• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

I don't have the categories description installed.

Is HTC supposed to pull from TABLE_CATEGORIES or TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION?

It uses the categories description table.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello,

I've got a question: is it possible to get a title for a product page which contains the category the product belongs to?

Something like:

Title: $productname - $category - $shopname

Regards,

lemonis

Not with the current version, unless the code is edited. The new version, due out soon, will have this option.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

Hello

After I installed the Basic Design Pack(BDP), i try to install Header Tags Controller(HDC), I first upload database_setup.php file onto my catalog/folder and after refresh the link http://www.mywebsite.com/database_setup.php, it displays the below error, please guide me where the problem is and how to solve it,thanks!

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at www.chinaclothingwholesale.com Port 80

Hello

After I installed the Basic Design Pack(BDP), i try to install Header Tags Controller(HDC), I first upload database_setup.php file onto my catalog/folder and after refresh the link http://www.mywebsite.com/database_setup.php, it displays the below error, please guide me where the problem is and how to solve it,thanks!

That file is a relatively simple one and doesn't do anything fancy so if the rest of your shop is working, then that file should also work. It may have been that your server was not working at the time you tried. In that case, you can try it again. If it says it is already installed, then you are probably OK. If it fails the same way, you should contact your host and ask why it fails.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I'm sure this has been asked 1000's of times before, but these 4500k post support topics are pretty difficult to find an answer in. So sorry for adding to the fodder. Anyway ...

I'm trying to install STS and HTC from separate packages because I couldn't find a bundle with the latest versions of each. STS is working fine, and all the HTC stuff shows up in the admin section and the HTC database updates are there, however I'm not seeing any effect on the front end site. I have not modified any file in the front end side except application_top.php to add the required HTC files:

// BOF: Header Tags Controller v2.6.3

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'header_tags.php');

// Clean out HTML comments from ALT tags etc.

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

// EOF: Added: Header Tags Controller v2.6.3

Is this all I should need to do to get HTC working as long as STS is templating the site? Can anyone direct me to specific instructions on how to get HTC working with STS?

Thanks!

Not with the current version, unless the code is edited. The new version, due out soon, will have this option.

Jack

Hi Jack

Great work on this contribution. Any chance of knowing how soon as i wish to install this contrib and would like an idea if i should go ahead and install Header Tags Controller V2.6.3 Complete or should i wait for the new one.

Thanks

Hi Jack

Great work on this contribution. Any chance of knowing how soon as i wish to install this contrib and would like an idea if i should go ahead and install Header Tags Controller V2.6.3 Complete or should i wait for the new one.

Thanks

It shouldn't be any longer than another week or two. I'm pushing for this weekend but my real work keeps getting in the way. It would be best to wait if you can since there are a lot of changes between the two versions. It shouldn't be a difficult upgrade but a straight install would be easier.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You need to have one or the other:

require(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

- or -

require_once(DIR_WS_FUNCTIONS . 'clean_html_comments.php');

It will not function correctly without it. :thumbsup:

You need to set the permissions to the same level that you have your images folder set to, most likely at 755 or 777 (again, one or the other).

I have been searching the forum all night, and still can't figure out why I don't get header tags for my product_info. I think I have tried most of the suggestions to replace files, take stuff out, etc. This particular post, when I do this I get the following error on my store:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /***************/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:11) in /**********/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 11

The only positive thing I can find so far is that if I turn off product_info template in STS, the produst-info page goes crazy but I get my title and header words in the source. I have tried everything I can think of, even in teh STS forum, and no good.

Can anyone give me a clue as to where to start?

I have been searching the forum all night, and still can't figure out why I don't get header tags for my product_info. I think I have tried most of the suggestions to replace files, take stuff out, etc. This particular post, when I do this I get the following error on my store:

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare clean_html_comments() (previously declared in /***************/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php:11) in /**********/catalog/includes/functions/clean_html_comments.php on line 11

The only positive thing I can find so far is that if I turn off product_info template in STS, the produst-info page goes crazy but I get my title and header words in the source. I have tried everything I can think of, even in teh STS forum, and no good.

Can anyone give me a clue as to where to start?

Isn't it amazing.... as soon as you say you can't find the answer you stumble on it?

I hadn't added headertag.php to the STS product_info part of teh module. Tye in a few words, things start to work......

I am torn between hoping nothing else goes wrong and hoping it does so I can read more of these helpful posts.

Well, maybe that is a bit of a stretch.

Jack,thanks for your help, the database_setup.php is working well on my site now, but one more question, when I finished the insta of Header Tags Controller, and I go to the admin part, click the left navigation-Header Tags Controller, it showed below error, although when I add new product, it displays correctly the meta tags, page title tags, keyword tags, etc., please guide me where is the answer to this problem:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, [email protected] and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apache/2.2.8 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.8 OpenSSL/0.9.8g DAV/2 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635 Server at chinaclothingwholesale.com Port 80

this is appeared when I finished the installation of Header Tags Controller, I asked web host, but they haven't replied me so far.

Jack,thanks for your help, the database_setup.php is working well on my site now, but one more question, when I finished the insta of Header Tags Controller, and I go to the admin part, click the left navigation-Header Tags Controller, it showed below error, although when I add new product, it displays correctly the meta tags, page title tags, keyword tags, etc., please guide me where is the answer to this problem:

Internal Server Error

It the same situation as before. The code is common code so it shouldn't cause a problem just loading a page. Try replacing the admin/header_tags_controller.php and admin/header_tags_english.php files with a copy of the customer.php file. If it still fails, then then something in your setup or server is causing the problem. If it goes away, then one of those files (or their language files) is at fault.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Everything went perfect when I finished installing this great contribution. I had no problems at all.

There is one thing that I would like to get fixed though.

Some of my product descriptions use quotes in them for displaying an inch sign. as in 12"

When the meta description is produced it stops at the quote and won't finish the description.

Has this been before? or is there a quick fix for this?

Would I be correct to assume that a stripslashes fix would need to be made or am I off a bit here?

Thanks,

Google Junky

Everything went perfect when I finished installing this great contribution. I had no problems at all.

There is one thing that I would like to get fixed though.

Some of my product descriptions use quotes in them for displaying an inch sign. as in 12"

When the meta description is produced it stops at the quote and won't finish the description.

Would I be correct to assume that a stripslashes fix would need to be made or am I off a bit here?

Thanks,

Google Junky

My quote saying "Has this been before?" I meant to say "Has this been discussed before?" and is there a solution

Thanks,

Google Junky

You would need to use the strip_tags function.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have an interesting issue with header tags. The keywords and descriptions seem to be correct, but the title for index.php includes extra stuff. I have it set for Store Name but the page returns Store Name Test - Store name I have actually done a text search to see where the word "test" is coming from, but cannot find it. When I open product_info.php the title is category name - Store name which is correct.

In Admin>header tags>text control I have HTTA, HTDA, HTKA and HTCA all unchecked, although they were all checked when starting to figure this out.

Any help would be appreciated.

If this is the home page you are speaking of, as opposed to a category page, then the problem would be in the includes/header_tags.php, english/header_tags.php and possibly the index.php files. You can replace the first two with the ones from the contribution to help isolate the problem.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Dear Friends, I need help as my individual product page is wrongly displayed, this problem occured right after I installed the Header Tags Controller, please could you anyone guide me how to solve it? Thanks!

please visit the http://kissthefashion.com/product_info.php?products_id=26 for the detail of the error displaying.

Appreciate your help in advance!

Thomas

You made a mistake installing the code for that page, most likely one of the last few changes. Try starting over, for just that file, make one change, upload and test.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

If this is the home page you are speaking of, as opposed to a category page, then the problem would be in the includes/header_tags.php, english/header_tags.php and possibly the index.php files. You can replace the first two with the ones from the contribution to help isolate the problem.

Yes, the home page. I replaced the two mentioned files and double checked the modified code in index.php but still no joy. I changed the title for both index.php and default, but the page title did not change when page is refreshed (after cache clear). Where is the information being pulled from?

The title for the home page is being read from the english/header_tags.php file, which doesn't use STORE_NAME. If you replaced that file and your title didn't change, then the problem is with the index.php file or some file it loads (in the head section).

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

You made a mistake installing the code for that page, most likely one of the last few changes. Try starting over, for just that file, make one change, upload and test.

Jack

Thanks, Jack, but could you tell me could be which page that I have installed the code wrong? then i will be check where the mistake is,thanks!

thanks!

Thomas

Thanks, Jack, but could you tell me could be which page that I have installed the code wrong? then i will be check where the mistake is,thanks!

thanks!

Thomas

The page having the problem is the product_info.php file.

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons