• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Okay I managed to find the solution to this. The database fields are called *_htc_* but the php files were referring to *_header_*. I changed the code and it is now working. There is one minor problem, though, when I go to page control I get the following error:

Permissions settings for the /includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755
Error Permissions settings for the /includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 755

It all seems to be working and I have checked the permissions on those files, so I am not sure why I am getting this message.

If it is working for you, just ignore the warning. Or read back through the thread for discussions on it.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

I have phpmyadmin & xampp running locally on my laptop. How do I change the permissions on the folowing folders:

Change the permissions in the following files.

catalog/includes/header_tags.php

catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php

???????

HTC is installed and the permissions are the last step. Anyone's help is appreciated. :huh:

On a local computer, right click on the file and uncheck the read only box (should be this way already). The warning won't go away since the computer isn't handling the permissions as a server would, unless it is a Windows server, I suppose.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

On a local computer, right click on the file and uncheck the read only box (should be this way already). The warning won't go away since the computer isn't handling the permissions as a server would, unless it is a Windows server, I suppose.

Jack

Thanks Jack

All of thats ok, but still getting:

Permissions settings for the C:/xampp/htdocs//includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

Permissions settings for the C:/xampp/htdocs//includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect. Change to 777

.... and now when I click on the individual product I'm getting

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\header_tags.php on line 193

:'(

Fatal error: Call to undefined function clean_html_comments() in C:\xampp\htdocs\includes\header_tags.php on line 193

...more interested in this second problem

Edited by adam777

THANKS! :thumbsup:

Hey if it works are you meant to see the product name in the blue header at the top of the page above the http:// address line?

eg I get "SWAT 3: Close quarters battle - Microsoft Internet Explorer". Does it work correctly now?

I installed HTC last night without any problems. Excellent documentation, thanks.

2 questions.

In admin I have these apparently common error messages

Permissions settings for the /home/u7/morganse/html/catalog/includes/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

Error Permissions settings for the /home/u7/morganse/html/catalog/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file appear to be incorrect

I have changed file permissions till I'm blue in the face with no result.

Can these error messages be safely ignored? A fix?

Also, on the page of a single product ... I now have a new info box with the info for that product. The box asks the silly question "more info?" when the information is already displayed on the page.

What have I done wrong?

Again thanks for a solid contribution

Can these error messages be safely ignored? A fix?
This gets asked and answered about every other page. Please see previous posts.

Also, on the page of a single product ... I now have a new info box with the info for that product. The box asks the silly question "more info?" when the information is already displayed on the page.

What have I done wrong?

Again thanks for a solid contribution

Nothing, that is how it is supposed to work. The search engines follow that link to the product page. It doesn't matter if the page is already being displayed. They just see it as a link and count it.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

This gets asked and answered about every other page. Please see previous posts.

Nothing, that is how it is supposed to work. The search engines follow that link to the product page. It doesn't matter if the page is already being displayed. They just see it as a link and count it.

Jack

I see. Thanks.

I know this has been answered before, but I've just gone cross-eyed trying to find the solution in here, so if somebody can either point me to it or tell it again I would really appreciate it.

I have a permissions problem which, when I try to add a page, causes the following error

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /hsphere/local/home/photodim/photodimension.co.uk/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 254
Cannot change the mode of file (/hsphere/local/home/photodim/photodimension.co.uk/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

If I manualy change the permissions to 0666 on the file I am adding it works fine, but how do I avoid having to do that?

I know this has been answered before, but I've just gone cross-eyed trying to find the solution in here, so if somebody can either point me to it or tell it again I would really appreciate it.

I have a permissions problem which, when I try to add a page, causes the following error

Warning: chmod() [function.chmod]: Operation not permitted in /hsphere/local/home/photodim/photodimension.co.uk/admin/includes/functions/header_tags.php on line 254
Cannot change the mode of file (/hsphere/local/home/photodim/photodimension.co.uk/includes/languages/english/header_tags.php)

If I manualy change the permissions to 0666 on the file I am adding it works fine, but how do I avoid having to do that?

Read the Install_Admin.txt file for the fix.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hey Everyone. Does anyone know how to change the title information so it's not the same as the headline text information on the manufacturers pages?

For instance, I want to change the title info so it's slightly different than the headline text info on my manufacturers pages. I go to Admin/Catalog/Manufacturers, select a manufacturer and select edit. When I change the info in "Header Tags Manufacturer Title" this changes the title info and the headline text info on my page. I would like to have more control and only change the title info. In other words, what I would like, is to have the title text include my company's name, but have the headline text remain as it is.

Does this make sense?

Can anyone help me on this? I would appreciate this a lot!!

Thanks,

Jason

The home page gets it title and meta tags data from the includes/languages/english/header_tags.php file (the index section). You can edit that directly or use the admin tool.

Jack

Thanks for the reply Jack.

What I want to do is create a title and meta info for the homepage only, that is completely independent of the other index pages. Using the index section adds all that title meta info to all the other index pages like the category pages i.e www.domain.com/index.php?cpath=1234. and I don;t want this.

Is this possible? (create a title and meta info for the homepage only?)

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply Jack.

What I want to do is create a title and meta info for the homepage only, that is completely independent of the other index pages. Using the index section adds all that title meta info to all the other index pages like the category pages i.e www.domain.com/index.php?cpath=1234. and I don;t want this.

Is this possible? (create a title and meta info for the homepage only?)

Thanks.

Unless I am misunderstanding, what you want is how Header Tags works already. If you enter in text into the index section of Text Control and fill the categories with fill tags, when you go to the home page, it will have whatever text you type in and when you go to a category page, it will have the category tags. Maybe you have one of the HT.. boxes checked that is causing it to display differently?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have another minor problem. I would like the site search to include the keyword tags but, although they are definitely being generated and visible in the page source, the search is not including the tags. Can anybody explain how I can get them included in the search?

Ian

I have another minor problem. I would like the site search to include the keyword tags but, although they are definitely being generated and visible in the page source, the search is not including the tags. Can anybody explain how I can get them included in the search?

Ian

The code in the search would have to be altered to search those. It is generally not worth the effort since they keywords are supposed to be on the page. If you have them only in the meta tag, they will do you little, if any, good at all.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I just read that and implemented the change, but it doesn't solve the problem only change the error message!
And the error message is... It sounds like your host is preventing writing to the files. You will need to talk to them about enabling that option.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

And the error message is... It sounds like your host is preventing writing to the files. You will need to talk to them about enabling that option.

Jack

The error message is exactly what is in the change 'Unable to write file'.

I will get in touch with the host then, thanks.

The error message is exactly what is in the change 'Unable to write file'.

I will get in touch with the host then, thanks.

I don't know what "what is in the change" means but have you changed the permission on the files as instructed in the install file?

Jack

Edited by Jack_mcs

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

I have OSC 2.2ms2 and successfully installed HTC v2.6.3

I have 3 languages in my shop

HTC works fine with 2 languages accordingly, tittles, tags everything is perfect but on switching the shop

to the third language I have no tags at all, only url link is instead. 

I'm confused with a problem.

I'm for sure that /admin/header_tags_english.php is properly filled for all languages. Fill tags is done for

each language with no errors and success report.

I checked manualy

languages/<1-st lang.>/header_tags.php

languages/<2-rd lang.>/header_tags.php

languages/<3-rd lang.>/header_tags.php

every file is filled properly.

HTC code is inserted to the headers - index, product_info ... and it works but not with 3-rd language?

What' s wrong??? 

Any suggestions are welcome

Sergei

In additional to my post above

I checked source code for a page with the tags and without

Correct page has:

<head>

<title>my Title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="my content " />

<meta name="Keywords" content="my keywords " />

The mentioned pages on 3-rd language also have tags in source code but it is not displaying in a browser and html code color is diferent

<head>

<title>my Title</title>

<meta name="Description" content="my content " />

<meta name="Keywords" content="my keywords " />

I still don't understand source of this bug, please advice