• Checkout
  • Login
  • Get in touch

osCommerce

The e-commerce.

[Contribution] Header Tags Controller for Admin MS 2.2

Farrukh

Hello Jack I have Ultimate SEO URLs v2.0 for osCommerce-ms2 with METHOD #1 - cName (v1.X series)

Header tags not sure what version it is but I would have downloaded it around 2 years ago so its gonna be 2.4~2.5 I think

Hi Jack do you know if those contribution versions will work with MySQL 5?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Jack do you know if those contribution versions will work with MySQL 5?

Hello again Jack, the more and more I read and search about this the more i'm thinking its the - cName (v1.X series) thats not compatible with MySQL 5? Since version 2.1d of Ultimate SEO's is the first version to support MySQL 5 according to some threads on here. Can you help me make the cName compatible with MySQL 5 if this is the case? Theres not a lot of code in the contribution so i'm guessing/hoping it will be fairly straight forward for someone who understands the code better than me.

Hello again Jack, the more and more I read and search about this the more i'm thinking its the - cName (v1.X series) thats not compatible with MySQL 5? Since version 2.1d of Ultimate SEO's is the first version to support MySQL 5 according to some threads on here. Can you help me make the cName compatible with MySQL 5 if this is the case? Theres not a lot of code in the contribution so i'm guessing/hoping it will be fairly straight forward for someone who understands the code better than me.
This is the support thread for Header Tags. Yoo should post your question in the support thread for that contribution.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Get the latest versions of my addons

Recommended SEO Addons

I changed the permission to 755 but the 2 header_tags.php still asking to me to change the permissions...

Any help please...

Thank you

Change the permissions to the same permission settings as your "images" folder.

if you have permission problems when using 755 or 777 try 775, that was the correct one in my case.

Hi I just installed HTC v2.6.3 in OSC RC1 with STS v4.5.8 but is off right now because is not showing the meta tags. I get the code below in the page when I select a sub-category (2nd level) for example hardware/Graphics cards or hardware/Printers, if I select a 1st level category like hardware or DVD movies everything is ok and the title and the other meta tags are ok.

if (isset($HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'])) $db_query = tep_db_query("select manufacturers_htc_title_tag as htc_title, manufacturers_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_MANUFACTURERS_INFO . " where languages_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "' and manufacturers_id = '" . (int)$HTTP_GET_VARS['manufacturers_id'] . "'"); else $db_query = tep_db_query("select categories_htc_title_tag as htc_title, categories_htc_description as htc_description from " . TABLE_CATEGORIES_DESCRIPTION . " where categories_id = '" . (int)$current_category_id . "' and language_id = '" . (int)$languages_id . "'"); $htc = tep_db_fetch_array($db_query); ?>

Please help!

Hi I just installed HTC v2.6.3 in OSC RC1 with STS v4.5.8 but is off right now because is not showing the meta tags. I get the code below in the page when I select a sub-category (2nd level) for example hardware/Graphics cards or hardware/Printers, if I select a 1st level category like hardware or DVD movies everything is ok and the title and the other meta tags are ok.

Please help!

I means you made a mistake in the installation. You either addd or removed one of the php delimiters, which is causing the code to be seen as text. You will need to go over the changes you made to the file that has that error.

Jack

Support Links:

For Hire: Contact me for anything you need help with for your shop: upgrading, hosting, repairs, code written, etc.

Recommended SEO Addons

I means you made a mistake in the installation. You either addd or removed one of the php delimiters, which is causing the code to be seen as text. You will need to go over the changes you made to the file that has that error.

Jack

Jack,

Now you know that I'm not a developer jeje. Problem resolved. I leaved a "?>" delimiter when replacing some code in the catalog/index.php file. I removed it and WALAA!

thanks for your help.

Tommy

hi can anyone help i get this error when i click a product

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/davie/public_html/superstore/includes/header_tags.php on line 193

can anyone tell me what i have done wrong

hi can anyone help i get this error when i click a product

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: clean_html_comments() in /home/davie/public_html/superstore/includes/header_tags.php on line 193

can anyone tell me what i have done wrong

hi can anyone help i have got this error

even if i delete the program and reinstall its still there

hi can anyone help i have got this error

even if i delete the program and reinstall its still there

Hi I have jsut tried to install the headertags for a site of mine but I get an error where the shop side is fine but if I go to admin I get

www.mystore.com/admin/FILENAME_LOGIN

And I cannot do anything about it. I must have done something wrong but this was a new version of OSC and I had only installed ultimate SEO.

Any ideas?

Thanks

The capital letters FILENAME_LOGIN indicate you are missing a definition. However, that definition doesn't belong in admin unless it is RC1. Either way, there is something wrong with the admin/includes/filenames.php file. You most likely copied the one inlcuded with the contribution over yours. You will need to restore your original file and make the required changes manually.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

thanks I have replaced this file but I get the same error

I am going to do a total fresh install of osc now any install header tags first.

Am I reading correctly that even with a new install of osc I will have to still modify some files?

Thanks for your attention in this matter.;

Hi !

I'm quite new to Oscommerce, but I'm rather skilled in php/mysql.

I've been in charge to "instal" this "plugin" on this site (I didn't create) :

http://www.gastronomie-des-gourmets.com

I tried to follow installation procedures (catalog & admin)

I'm not really satisfied by my work :

home page doesn't show index.php's tags, only default ones

same form categories

At least it seem's to work on products.

Do you have any clue of the origine of this problem ?

Thanks in advance !

Hi

I have reinstalled verything making the manual edits to the files.

Everything seems ok until I try and go int the catalog menu in admin I then get

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/ollyno1/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 339

Any ideas? thanks

Edited by ollyno1uk2

Hi

I have reinstalled verything making the manual edits to the files.

Everything seems ok until I try and go int the catalog menu in admin I then get

Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_CASE in /home/ollyno1/public_html/admin/categories.php on line 339

Any ideas? thanks

You made a mistake with the edits for the admin/categories.php file. There is an included file you can compare against that may help.

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons

Hi, and thanks for a great contribution.

It's installed and working 99%, all categories and product info pages are being filled in fine. The index page is too, apart from the top level, which still displays "Home Page - osCommerce :". Also, even though the code has been added fine to the files in the install instructions, they still show up red in admin. Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks,

Glyn

Hi, and thanks for a great contribution.

It's installed and working 99%, all categories and product info pages are being filled in fine. The index page is too, apart from the top level, which still displays "Home Page - osCommerce :". Also, even though the code has been added fine to the files in the install instructions, they still show up red in admin. Any help would be much apreciated.

Thanks,

Glyn

The items will only show in black for a standard installation. If you usng one of the template contributions, it won't work. As for the Home text, have you edited the text in admin->Header Tags->Text Control?

Jack

Support Links:

Recommended SEO Addons